test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Values of skills, numbers, etc

2»

Comments

• Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    One thing to remember about armor diminishing returns. Even through the amount of armor required to get 1% more damage reduction increases, the amount of damage reduction 1% gives you increases as your total % increases. Going from 50% to 60% Defense is a 20% reduction in damage taken, where as going from 0- 10% defense is only a 10% damage reduction.

I was only trying to illustrate the amount of rating required to increase percentages at varying levels.
  • Options
    ragnarok1011ragnarok1011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    This game is a button masher. Numbers have very little to do with anything. They are using it a fluff, to give the illusion there is something actually going on in the background. If stats and numbers really meant something then stat rolling in character creation would not be a joke.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    This game is a button masher. Numbers have very little to do with anything. They are using it a fluff, to give the illusion there is something actually going on in the background. If stats and numbers really meant something then stat rolling in character creation would not be a joke.

Hi,

you look uninformed, opinionated, ill-tempered and ill-mannered when you negatively comment on issues you clearly do not understand. If you have feedback that is useful, please be more specific. This thread, which you obviously did not read, provides numerous demonstrations of how fine-tuning stat points and feats can make a large difference in the way your character's skills function.

Good luck in the future.
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know if Armor Penetration exceeding Damage Resistance makes it go negative for further damage?
  • Options
    ragnarok1011ragnarok1011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Hi,

you look uninformed, opinionated, ill-tempered and ill-mannered when you negatively comment on issues you clearly do not understand. If you have feedback that is useful, please be more specific. This thread, which you obviously did not read, provides numerous demonstrations of how fine-tuning stat points and feats can make a large difference in the way your character's skills function.

Good luck in the future.

I am not ill tempered at all. In fact you seem to be the one with the problem with me. Personally I think you are a swell person. If you don't like what I post, you have the option of skipping over it. If you feel so inclined to read it, then comment. That still does not mean you have to attack me personally. That makes you out to be more of the ill tempered type.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Best thing a mod could do right now is create a sticky for each classes so that people working on specs for builds can post them over there.

I know we already have the class forums but feats and how you spec your class is still in progress and subject to change.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Attachment not found.

Here's Recovery

Cleric Build.

You definitely get more % at lower levels from the same amount of rating, like a huge amount.

The recovery feat (1%/2%/3%/4%/5%) seems either bugged or incredibly poor. I got an extra 5 points from 2-3 which happens to be my base items in recovery/100 (515)

My buffs/ability scores did not factor in. I thought it would be a direct % added (like ability score), but its just a % of your items. :(

So 5 feats may give you 100 rating if you had 2000 Recovery on your gear.
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just so you guys know. Recharge speed works differently then Cooldown Reduction.

20% Recharge Speed is 1/1.2 ≈ 0.83333 ≈ 17.7% cooldown reduction

You would need 100% recharge speed to get 50% cooldown reduction.

I will be making a write up on which stats I feel are the most effective soon.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another thing to consider is that the in game stat feedback isn't completely accurate. The displayed increase in % effectiveness of an attribute and the actual value could be and are likely different. For display purposes the effective increase in percent could be a modulo of the actual value to give a player a ballpark idea of their effectiveness.

In order to really calculate the value increases we would need to parse the combat results, or have a very kind developer offer us the math behind combat calculations and the skill execution algorithm for animation, cooldown, etc. For example, in LotRO there are 4 stages to skill execution. Different cooldown reductions or bypasses can affect 1 or more of those.

I'm not disputing results above at all, but just want to point out that if we really want to understand stats and ratings we need to parse or have more reliable information. We would need to establish a baseline from which to measure and then take into account every addition (racial, class, gear, buffs, heroic traits, and paragon traits).

Just something to consider when trying to reverse engineer the combat formulas.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mine was super easy because the tooltips show the exact CD of a power. 28% total Recovery (stats and gear) took a 15s CD to 10.9s

The combat log looks pretty crazy in the text format, guessing a CO/STO parser (if one exists) may be able to read it. Tried many ways to copy and paste the combat info within the game .. with no avail.
  • Options
    hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tried to get some info on crits, turned out to be very few:
    about 1100 resulted in 10%
    So it seemed like the stat rose form '80 for 1%' to '120 for 1%'. Also it's a huge problem to get crit stuff on CW, on lvl 40 there are items that give like '+800 power' or '+400 recovery', but for crits getting anything above 200 is amazing (usually 100-150 at most).
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did anyone track any numbers this go around?

I pretty much focused on testing every class up to 20 and did do much stat stuff. The one thing I did notice is they seemed to have moved away from break points from the stats. I was seeing stuff like 20.6% chance to crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It takes more rating per % as you level up. 110 seems about average for higher level. I did post a ton of recovery data last BW

They really fleshed out the stats section. Added a tenth decimal place and gave better break downs if you scrolled down

I hope that means that it rolls the RNG to the tenth decimal.