test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric to powerful

selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
edited March 2013 in The Temple
Can outheal and kite 2-3 players in PvP with a cleric and have no way to catch up to them. Ontop of that, clerics have very powerful CC and good damage and can heal the group.

Feels a bit to powerful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hammehhhammehh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think they designed it very well. Maybe their idea was to make a healing class also have the opportunity to be one of the damage classes as well.
  • juiceboxjunkyjuiceboxjunky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I feel pvp is the one place that a cleric does shine well. Throw a bit of crowd control out and you can catch and kill them pretty well. Not sure what OP cc you mean. Unless you mean our knock back. Remember we can only heal ourselves for 50 percent of what we heal others. I enjoy the cleric very much in pvp. However a solid rogue can make me scramble. Gotta hold still to do some of the better heals. Once they catch you, ouch. And our Dps is not that significant in pvp past level 30. Perhaps what you are feeling is that sometimes one side will get 2 healers while the other will get none. Because of the total lack of potions in PVP that is probably painful.
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cleric to powerful

Who is this "powerful" and why is Cleric attempting to contact him/her/it?
    Also why would you know how this "powerful" feels?

selonw wrote: »
    Can outheal and kite 2-3 players in PvP with a cleric and have no way to catch up to them. Ontop of that, clerics have very powerful CC and good damage and can heal the group.

Feels a bit to powerful.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited March 2013
    Chains of Blazing Light - AoE root

Flame Strike - massive AoE damage
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    Chains of Blazing Light - AoE root

Flame Strike - massive AoE damage

Exactly. As long as you aren't trying to heal, clerics do fine in pvp.

But eh... that removes more than half of their effective spell list.
    edited March 2013
    Well that has us picking one or the either right. He cant add together two clerics one healing and one dpsing and declare we are op.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    actually our healing is reduced for ourselves by 50% so that's an exaggeration on your part.

We aren't as powerful as you think. I almost die all the time I dungeons because I am not healing specced I have traited and geared for DPS so I have power and crit on my stuff mostly.
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually think clerics feel very balanced. I do wish the 50% nerf to self heals was only effective in pvp tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corniviccornivic Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the Clerics are fine the way they are, the best healer ever. I was expecting them to be wimps like in all games but no they are awesome.
    edited March 2013
    Cleric in pve and cleric in pvp are two different things. I think in pvp we are pretty spot on. In pve there are some obvious bugs that need addressed so we even know where we stand.
  • corniviccornivic Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, we were talking about PvP sorry about that.

I don't want them to weaken my Clerics just for PvP unless it only effects PvP :)
  • jtipsjtips Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't care about pvp
    edited March 2013
    When you say your class is spot on, thats kinda when you know something is wrong :P

Its not good if you can do all aspects at same time. clerics can heal, dps and cc at same time, not all in one spell ofcourse but its not like casttime is that long in NW.
  • angrynordangrynord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Discussing pvp balance at low lvls is pointless, they aim balance at max lvl. Some classes are stronger than others at certain lvls, its always been like that in every mmo, and always will be.. Wait till max lvl then you can talk about balance in pvp
  • angrynordangrynord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jtips wrote: »
    I don't care about pvp

Why the F*** do you make a comment then?
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When you say your class is spot on, thats kinda when you know something is wrong :P

Its not good if you can do all aspects at same time. clerics can heal, dps and cc at same time, not all in one spell ofcourse but its not like casttime is that long in NW.

The heal is weak, the cleric is squishy, the dps is less than a rogue's dps yet the cleric has worse armour and defense. Being "able" to do all three BADLY doesn't make up for the fact that none of them are working well.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
    edited March 2013
    With the armor, defence, and everyone getting higher lvl skills, it becomes worse on higher level. Clerics becomes almost unstopable unlesss you focus them down with 3-4 players.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With the armor, defence, and everyone getting higher lvl skills, it becomes worse on higher level. Clerics becomes almost unstopable unlesss you focus them down with 3-4 players.

You must be useless at pvp. Clerics are the easiest to kill..."armour" "defense"...LOL....can't even heal themselves.
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    You must be useless at pvp. Clerics are the easiest to kill..."armour" "defense"...LOL....can't even heal themselves.
    Maybe, but a Cleric can heal a friendly being focused by ~3 players which seems a little high, especially when the Cleric can dish out some decent damage as well. Maybe they need to tweak him a bit.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2013
    LOL i didn't find them powerful at all... The rogue always out DPS his healing
    edited March 2013
    Maybe, but a Cleric can heal a friendly being focused by ~3 players which seems a little high, especially when the Cleric can dish out some decent damage as well. Maybe they need to tweak him a bit.

I doubt the cleric could outheal someone being focus-targeted by 3 people...strongly doubt this ever happened like you remember it...and also maybe you should try killing that cleric - I can guarantee the cleric will not survive - they can barely heal themselves if all they do is heal and pop potions, let alone heal and dish damage at same time.

Clerics are a free kill, both in pvp and in pve (pretty sure this is what the mobs say when they see us coming now).
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I doubt the cleric could outheal someone being focus-targeted by 3 people...strongly doubt this ever happened like you remember it...and also maybe you should try killing that cleric - I can guarantee the cleric will not survive - they can barely heal themselves if all they do is heal and pop potions, let alone heal and dish damage at same time.

Clerics are a free kill, both in pvp and in pve (pretty sure this is what the mobs say when they see us coming now).
    Perhaps I was maneuvering out of most of the damage, but I distinctly remember some big Cleric heals popping over my head. I never got the chance to play against a Cleric. Never saw em on the enemy team. Same for GF.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
    edited March 2013
    I never got the chance to play against a Cleric. Never saw em on the enemy team.

I think most people parked their cleric up for BW3, gameplay was so horrible this weekend.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think most people parked their cleric up for BW3, gameplay was so horrible this weekend.

If beta were longer, i would have parked mine. I became jealous of my buddies control wizzie. People want to say clerics are OP. maybe in PVP, but in PVE, we simply suck.

I was watching control wizzies, rogues and GF's soloing in the solo area, tearing apart the groups with little problem. heck the control wizzie was doing so much damage from a distance, he was one shooting 75% of the mobs, leaving the "main" mob in each group with 50% life left, and the only mob to deal with. he'd then freeze, choke and nuke it. never took damage or very little.

Rogue simply annihilated everything and the GF just tanked and slashed, both classes being healed by their OP cleric companions.

Then there was me and the other solo clerics. Doing half the damage of the other classes, and doing half the heal amount to ourselves <which had to be less than half btw> . Soloing at 40+ as a cleric was a joke. fights with one group took forever and on top of that, I found no companion as a good compliment. best one was man at arms that would take agro from ONE of the mobs. Clerics can't one shoot mobs at this level, like all the other classes can. <not sure about gwf, didnt' see any 40+>

cleric needs to be changed. Either up the damage so we are useful, or up the heals. As it stands with beta 3 design, clerics suck compared to all the other classes.
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keep in mind this is a DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS game designed for dungeon hopping and adventuring... pvp should be a back shelf issue if you balance this game to be all about pvp and leave the pve side of the game busted your basically removing the dungeons and dragons from the game and making it guild wars.

every game that has worried more about balancing pvp has failed look at WoW as an example pvp kills games not saves them. 80% of the players of this game play it for the pve content and some of those look at pvp as a way to kill time waiting for friends to log to play with.

clerics are healers, they don't have attacks that can kill you in 1 hit, they don't have a butt load of stuns or knockdowns, they don't have anything that can trump you in pvp UNLESS they build themselves for pvp in the feats in which case they are useless in pve. if you can't defeat a cleric in pvp thats because YOUR not building your character for pure pvp and are fighting someone that has. if you fought a cleric that was built for pve you'd see a big difference in the fight. If you don't like the outcome of pvp because of this, don't pvp.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keep in mind this is a DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS game designed for dungeon hopping and adventuring... pvp should be a back shelf issue if you balance this game to be all about pvp and leave the pve side of the game busted your basically removing the dungeons and dragons from the game and making it guild wars.

every game that has worried more about balancing pvp has failed look at WoW as an example pvp kills games not saves them. 80% of the players of this game play it for the pve content and some of those look at pvp as a way to kill time waiting for friends to log to play with.

clerics are healers, they don't have attacks that can kill you in 1 hit, they don't have a butt load of stuns or knockdowns, they don't have anything that can trump you in pvp UNLESS they build themselves for pvp in the feats in which case they are useless in pve. if you can't defeat a cleric in pvp thats because YOUR not building your character for pure pvp and are fighting someone that has. if you fought a cleric that was built for pve you'd see a big difference in the fight. If you don't like the outcome of pvp because of this, don't pvp.

The GAME is mostly pve. This THREAD, however, is mostly pvp. If you don't like pvp content and think this issue is frivolous, go to a pve thread where you can converse with those you feel to be more sensible. Pvp is a relatively minor issue in D&D, but an issue nonetheless. Go spend time where you feel better and let us inferiors grind our wheels in pvp.

And in case you haven't noticed the butt-ton of posts.... We clerics are having a heck of a hard time building to be pretty much primarily healers, as you suggest we should be.

On the one hand, you sneer at games like WoW and GW. On the other hand, you seem to be tying a cleric to the usual stereotype found in WoW and GW.

MAKE UP YO MIND, MAN!
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    OP Fix the title it should be "Cleric too powerful in PvP?", even then I will disagree rogue is stronger.
    edited March 2013
    my point is valid. you can't ignore pve to fix pvp and ruin the pve side in a game that was based on pve play.
    pvp is considered like crafting... its available but not necessary to play its something for players to do while you are not in pve.
    if you want to fix pvp make a feat build for pvp only that would make a player worthless for pve you can't have the best of both worlds if you want to live in pvp you shouldn't be allowed to pve and visa versa.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not sure where you get the idea that pve is being ignored. Go to a pve thread.

I had to kinda redo my cleric, because I had it statted and geared for almost strictly healing. I had to change this. I'm now doing much better with heals and survivability in pve (contradictory as that may sound....) and also now much better in pvp. It's not an either-or. You're still stuck on stereotypical mmo's. This game seems a little bit out of the ordinary. Don't be so tied up in the old mindset. I understand we get "stuck in our ways" as we get a bit older, but... maybe we shouldn't.

And you seem to have a lot of your own sort of *game morals* or something where pvp and pve are concerned. I do not attend your temple. >.>
    edited March 2013
    ok lets say they "balance" a cleric in pvp by making all the heals have a 5 minute cooldown...how does that effect pve?
    changing things in order to fix pvp always messes up pve.

the best idea is to make a feat path that is for PvP players like the ability to remove heals, add debuffs that make heals only work at 10% of power, more stuns, more knockbacks, slows, roots, reflect damage, all that sort of thing. If players decide to pvp and doesn't use that feat path they deserve to suck in pvp.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!