test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric to powerful

2»

Comments

• wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok lets say they "balance" a cleric in pvp by making all the heals have a 5 minute cooldown...how does that effect pve?
    changing things in order to fix pvp always messes up pve.

Ok, I'm just highlighting this logic here. I don't even have to say anything.

You go right on ahead. I'm going to continue ranking high in most (not all) of my pvp matches and keeping my squads alive and thriving, even despite <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> aggro.
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Pallier... I have seen too many games really damage pve balance to appease pvp and vice versa. They are without a doubt connected, and both are important as they are facets of any game people are drawn to.

I would like to see a system in place where certain abilities, debuffs, etc are applied only when you are in a pvp area. If it is a reduction to healing, if it is a removal of an unbalanced skill etc .... only have those removed when you enter a Skirmish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't disagree that there will be an effect. I disagree that playing one should effectively negate the reasonable option of playing the other. The player will need to make certain adjustments to their build AND their playstyle as they transition from one to the other. There should be none of this "if a player isn't statted like xyz, they deserve to suck at pvp" while in the same breath saying "if a player is pvp, they shouldn't be allowed to pve." I mean... considering the average f2p player of NW will have only 2 char slots to start out with, we really need to put our thinking caps on and find a way for a character to do both effectively.
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guild Wars 2 took an interesting approach to that, but it would take way too much coding I am sure.

When you entered the PVP lobby, you could "respec" your character for all intensive purposes. You put in your set up for the match then entered... this also included gear. The ability to respec for pvp or have multiple specs, as seen in other games, would be an option for a fix for pvp builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    See, that does seem reasonable. And actually, NW can be sorta similar too. At the campfire, you can switch skills and even switch gear that is more intensely pvp oriented. It's a good way to maintain versatility.

We need to keep in mind the f2p players. A character needs to be "allowed" (i can't even believe that term was USED!) to do both, as a free player only has 2 character slots.

I think we're going to see all sorts of builds in all sorts of places in NW. There won't be too much room for stark narrow-mindedness where all this is concerned.
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    control wizard and GWF are fine in pve, control wizard needs its CC toned down in PVP, tricker rogues single target needs to be toned down, because a trickster rogue can cycle through single target enemies burning them down faster than a GWF can kill them with his aoe swings, that is just stupid and should never happen

and since none of cleric heals can even put a dent in trickster rogues damage, i think clerics need their heals buffed back up to 100%
  • dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't having too much trouble vs Clerics on my rogue assuming I wasn't closing the gap blowing my one gap closer and being opened up on with the daily. We will see how the game will play out with being stationary to attack as a melee class come release.
    edited March 2013
    dboss, yeah, we seem to not take melee as well (unless it's a high defense cleric). What you wanna watch out for is our chains if you jump right on us... b/c then you're pretty easy to target. CW's were the bane of my existence, lol
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was actually worried about Cleric Healing being OP because I am coming from Rift where healing is completely outrageous. But, I have to say, they didnt feel OP to me at all. I never played one, but I could take them out alone if I was smart and didnt make any mistakes. They definitely had more survivability than other classes, but since there are no absorb skills (that I am aware of anyway) and they wear cloth, one or 2 lucky crits and they were toast.