test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric healing reduced and agro is insane

kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have really noticed a diffrence in how i heal as a cleric, last beta i was doing fine and seldom needed to use potions on myself and not i go through them like cokes. Also i noticed that i get agro a lot easier and faster now. I have the deagro skills maxed and i do one ae and i will have 8 mobs running around after me.

anyone else notice these changes?
Post edited by kittykaswick on

Comments

• Options
    nalfeshnanalfeshna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, cleric aggro is gonzo.
  • Options
    macavitylulzmacavitylulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I 100% agree. Healing solo and in groups felt really nice last beta weekend. This weekend, not so much. They should definitely revert everything they changed.
  • Options
    attroattro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Start my first dungeon was going to have a lot of gun. Blasted away like I wanted to. Wow I pulled all the aggro. Holy **** I never lose aggro if I use my spells. Dungeon ended with me throwing renews only once in a while and doing ZERO damage and still I pulled aggro on the boss that the tank was focusing ridicules. Just no fun if tanks don't stand a chance at holding aggro like this should be able to do on at least the main monster.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My group observed this in our run as well. The cleric couldn't do anything. One Astral Seal and the entire room gets on him, no matter what the guardian tried to do.

There was some dev interview where he said he played a build where the Cleric aggro was not scaled correctly and it was nuts, though he also said that we wouldn't have that build. Seems like maybe we do?
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trying to solo in the graveyard is almost impossible now.... where i made it to the 2nd boss in there last beta i barely made it past the first one and i have better gear then last time...
  • Options
    siphor4738siphor4738 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I healed the level 16 dungeon (cant remember name now) at level 21 just now. If I healed just once, I got the aggro the rest of the fight even if I did nothing but stand there. Aggro is way off the chart right now. Also, I feel the heals are way reduced. The main HoT is only healing for about 50 a tick with 2200 HP. I seldom used a pot last beta weekend, but now I am spamming them faster than I did on other classes which is stupid on a healer.
  • Options
    xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like a job for the famous Saturday Patch! Seriously was going to try a Cleric this weekend, going to stay away from it. Playing the GWF and so far its not a class I like at all. Good thing I love the guardian fighter and CW! :D
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was freaking out myself. I couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong. I played my cleric the last two betas and did just fine with aggro control. This time allI need to do is throw a seal and i have the whole room on me. I guess I should be glad its not just me...
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are you guys pulling all this threat without a gaurdian fighter in your party? Or a GWF speced to off tank? cause then I understand, you should be the first target always, in any MMO. Always take out the healer first, you gotta run with people that can distract those mobs for you and it should be fine.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Cleric was nerfed, there is no doubt about it. Not sure why either.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah it was horribly nerfed for soloing. if you notice there was a passive skill added that reduced their self healing by 50% for some reason even though they do fairly ****ty damage as well. i don't get it. guess they wanted nobody to roll clerics..

it'd be nice if we could get a dev explanation for this nasty nerf..
  • Options
    babalouisbabalouis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ran with a guard, gwf, cw, trickr, and me as the dc. i ended up tanking the entire time at lv 15 when the guard was 17 and others at 16. im thinkin that the seal healz from others hits are being posted on our tables as well as the dmg and norm healz. there was just no break from it. it just got worse and worse as i lvld. gonna have to spec tank and go for just def and deflect if i can find the gear. otherwise ill be napping after the first seal every time.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, we are getting too much aggro. Basically I become the tank and always have the most damage taken by a long shot. I am yelling to my skype friends, "Save me! Save me! Taunt them off of me!" To which I hear, "The ones with the X have been taunted but they are still attacking you". As the entire 5 man party tries to save ME and I am popping potions like crazy.

Also as I was in a lowbie zone I would run by a person who had aggro'd all the orcs (Tower district) and I would throw them a small heal as I ran by to then see the entire mob charge me!
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't know why they changed it - game was fun last beta weekend (BW2), then they go destroy it all for some reason.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    healing word is bugged... when it's supposed to heal between 900-1000, it heals between 200-300....

so yeah, heals are definately borked up
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    and yeah, cleric is too tough right now to play to have much fun... i have to work too much to survive...
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

• Options
    quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I thought something had changed. I played a skirmish about lvl 15 and the aggro generated by my (weak) heals was silly. We did have someone tanking - or trying to - but I spent a significant amount of time using the dodge skill. Cleric was not my favourite from the first beta anyway but unless this is modified I can't see it being an alt either, because it wasn't much fun.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    They better fix it or I going to be demanding my HotN pack be refunded as there no way it should be like this.
  • Options
    xbyakkoxbyakko Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the cleric for the first 10 lvl's seems really good and powerfull but at the point where you get to your first encounter with the orcs you are sooooo dead, y dont get it why is it that you heal yourself 50% LESS on you, they just need to change that so it read your heals are 50% MORE effective others....i remeber a D&D 3rd edition cleric type that heals 50% more then the other if you took the healing domain. Devoted cleric on D&d are THE healers / support ranged type i dont get it how they need to nerf him so much since his build to deal good specific dmg to certain target while giving heals since most of his atks has a secundary healing or support factor to them. something needs to be done with the cleric gettin so much aggro and the heals being so weak. (sorry for typos and such)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    besides, a cleric might not ever kill you normally, but trying to kill one can be pretty darn difficult, because just when you think you have him on low hitpoints, he completely heals up again...

• Options
    silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    duck2013 wrote: »
    besides, a cleric might not ever kill you normally, but trying to kill one can be pretty darn difficult, because just when you think you have him on low hitpoints, he completely heals up again...

Are we playing the same game? What ability do you use to completely heal up from low HP? I thought that was called a potion. At level 40 my largest heal is a divine crit AE heal in last beta for around 1100. They nerfed that ability to heal for about 300 now making it useless. Clerics have lost their ability to fulfill their primary function. This Nerf has broken the cleric.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Yes, this needs fixed, and fixed fast, I was trying out a GWF at the start of Beta last night, so I didn't notice this on my level 32 Cleric until later in the evening. A Cleric should be able to heal the group - potions should be emergency use only - I'm not happy trying to play my Cleric this weekend.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Are we playing the same game? What ability do you use to completely heal up from low HP? I thought that was called a potion. At level 40 my largest heal is a divine crit AE heal in last beta for around 1100. They nerfed that ability to heal for about 300 now making it useless. Clerics have lost their ability to fulfill their primary function. This Nerf has broken the cleric.

oh i was talking about clerics in DnD in general... you know complete heals and the likes... that's how difficult a cleric is to kill normally... and it should be like that too in this game...

• Options
    stormakovstormakov Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, I never played the last two beta weekends but I have this one. I rolled a Cleric and played it to 20 so far - I found it quite satisfying challenge wise, the more effort I put in the more I got out of it. I always felt like I needed to be vigilant with my cooldowns to keep party members alive.

So honestly, I think all the people whining about Clerics in this thread are lazy spoiled baddies. (I don't know about the aggro issues, but as far as the 50% self reduction to healing and overall healing reduction, I think it's at a really good place balance wise. Hell, I was still soloing people in PvP without much of a problem.)

Edit: I just watched duck2013's Cleric video.... Do you people in this thread HONESTLY believe a cleric should be able to solo a 5 man dungeon by themselves? How do you not see how overpowered that is?
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stormakov wrote: »
    Edit: I just watched duck2013's Cleric video.... Do you people in this thread HONESTLY believe a cleric should be able to solo a 5 man dungeon by themselves? How do you not see how overpowered that is?

That wasn't a 5-man solo. But okay. Whatever floats your boat.

Try this experiment: Take off all your gear, cast a heal.

Then wear all your gear, cast a heal.

Is anything changing on the numbers?
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread is interesting. I did not play the cleric in the last beta weekends, but have enjoyed the class very much this time. I had no issue soloing multiple packs of orcs at once without having to use potions. Switching in and out of channel divinity to use the additional crowd control abilities added to the encounter skills and keeping healing word rolling on myself and seals up. It may be more work, but I find our aoe damage solid and I did not have healing issues.

When grouping, there were times I would rip agro badly, but it certainly was not from landing a single seal. Sunburst was my main agro pull ability. The others did not have much luck pulling off the guardian I play with. Granted, the guardian was constantly using taunt and mark to keep threat and has much experience in MMOs holding threat.

Heals do feel a little weak at the moment, but not class breaking in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nexus7000nexus7000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Each Beta I've tried out different classes but always came back to Devout Cleric as my favourite, not my usual choice in an MMO but this one played really nicely. Now with the reduced healing capabilities I have been put off playing it and I would rather not play at all than play a 2nd choice class. It's not right that you should need potions on top of healing skills, I find myself taking considerable time between bouts which really is a feature of games from yesteryear and should not be part of what I saw as an action based MMO. This needs to be changed urgently as the big gaps between Betas already had done nothing to encourage me to focus my attention on this game and now it seems I cannot even look forward to continued enjoyment of my favourite class.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    stormakov wrote: »
    So, I never played the last two beta weekends but I have this one. I rolled a Cleric and played it to 20 so far - I found it quite satisfying challenge wise, the more effort I put in the more I got out of it. I always felt like I needed to be vigilant with my cooldowns to keep party members alive.

So honestly, I think all the people whining about Clerics in this thread are lazy spoiled baddies. (I don't know about the aggro issues, but as far as the 50% self reduction to healing and overall healing reduction, I think it's at a really good place balance wise. Hell, I was still soloing people in PvP without much of a problem.)

Last beta there was no challenge 0-25 for the Cleric, 25+ it got a bit interesting. So the tweaks made 1-20 better, but it also is about how does it do in comparison to others? So far Trickster and Great Weapon haven't been challenged in 1-20. But the bigger issue to me is healing and when needed they are as good as Aquaman, they can't do squat. When I or you need a life saving heal that is worth talking about... well the cleric doesn't seem to posses one outside of the Soothing Light which is a good one timer as it has build up needs.

So i applaud challenge.

Not sure if all classes are equal now, challenge for Cleric... walk in the park for Trickster is no good.

I think some challenge is because of poor heals. The game will kick up on you later 20's on. Your agro will be pulling a lot of baddies your way and you can't heal your way out of it, you'll be chugging pots and running like a big sissy.
  • Options
    butterfaycebutterfayce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We ran the cloak tower this morning (Cleric, Cleric, Rogue, GWF, GF) and while it was mighty fun it has spurts of frustration. My friend, the other cleric, and I were talking and I think its a combination of three things:

o Players not peeling, focus firing, controlling, class make up
    o Tank aggro isn't high enough
    o Healing aggro is too high

With that said I don't mind having people beat on me. I prefer it actually, spamming Divine Light from safety is entirely boring and very WoW-mode. I do mind feeling helpless or being abused in my nether regions. I do mind feeling timid in using ANY ability.

I started a guardian fighter but I didn't get far to learn the aggro mechanics. Is there a 4E 'mark' system or equivalent in place? Or is it simply spam Sunder Armor style?
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I started a guardian fighter but I didn't get far to learn the aggro mechanics. Is there a 4E 'mark' system or equivalent in place? Or is it simply spam Sunder Armor style?
    Yes, there is the Mark system in effect. It holds agro on the marked target until the Guardian is hit. It has no cooldown and not cast time, but can only be on one target at a time. This is outside their normal taunt mechanic. They receive this ability at level 10 I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]