test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    deltor101deltor101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you play the game on any day? Or only in these beta days?
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    spekingur wrote: »
    In regards to the participants for Beta Weekend 3 - are the things listed there guaranteed to give you access?
    I pre-ordered Torchlight 2 (through Steam) and I am a lifetime member of Champions Online and Star Trek Online. I've got no beta key yet but I did recieve an email with the subject 'Sick of March Madness?'

You do not receive a key, your account gets automatically flagged for STO and CO life timers. In fact you were in the last beta weekend if you didn't know. Since your preordered TL2 through steam you got TL1, this did not grant you access, only preorder through PW site got you access.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    TREMBLE AND QUAKE IN FEAR, MORTALS!!!!

For I have obtained a beta key, and I come to break everything I can and find any and every single perceived flaw in this game and report it. A veritable PLETHORA of times, too.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    spekingurspekingur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You do not receive a key, your account gets automatically flagged for STO and CO life timers. In fact you were in the last beta weekend if you didn't know. Since your preordered TL2 through steam you got TL1, this did not grant you access, only preorder through PW site got you access.

Am I somehow able to determine whether or not my account has access other than trying to log into the game?
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It would have been nice to have gotten an email about the beta weekends. I had forgotten about the last one and I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. IMO this was handled very poorly and they should be ashamed of themselves. Not even sure I want to play now.
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    spekingur wrote: »
    Am I somehow able to determine whether or not my account has access other than trying to log into the game?
    Go to the top of the page and click The Game, then redeem key. It might show you there.
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Umm, okay, so how does it work exactly? When I go to Neverwinter and click to Access Beta, it asks me for a Key. I'm an STO Lifer, so it doesn't seem to be "flagging me" as such?
    Redeem Neverwinter Keys

If you have received a Neverwinter key, including beta keys, use the field below to activate your access. Once you have entered the information, your access will be activated immediately. Enter the key exactly as you received it, including dashes. Keys are not case sensitive.

That said, I can go to the news page here:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=839781

And it gives links to download the client, etc. But One assumes that unless you have a "key" to enter on that Access Beta screen, it won't let you play? Or will it? The whole thing is confusing. And I've never gotten any e-mail communication from PWE telling me I've been "selected" for Beta or reminding me there's an upcoming Beta weekend TO WHICH I HAVE ACCESS. So, it seems like they're doing a pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor job of communicating Beta-readiness to people who are WANTING TO BETA TEST NW.

That is, how does one know how to access the game, if PWE never communicates instructions for it or tells you you're eligible?? You're just supposed to magically { ? ;) } know?

Are you saying I could have Beta'd on the 8th-10th, but nobody bothered to freakin' TELL ME? If so, I'm pretty pissed, 'cause I've been waiting for notification for like 9 mos! This is just shoddy execution and needs to be handled better in the future. For instance E-MAILING people when a Beta is upcoming and letting them know they're eligible, giving instructions on how / where to download the client, login, etc. Or letting them know to ignore the "provider key" field when they click on the Access Beta button on the home page, 'cause it's just a "red herring" if that's the case and STO lifers don't NEED a code key??

On he STO forum is says this:
    "When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test."

That seems to imply that you DO in fact NEED AN INVITE or a code key. If not, the implications of that statement are misleading and very irritating as they create unnecessary confusion.

DO WE or DON'T WE need a "key" to access Beta? If so, when will we get it? If not, how do we gain access? Just download the client and magically log in without supplying a key on the Access Beta Screen? Or do we need to DO something else to enable us to access Beta? If so, the instructions really need to be outlines somewhere. I'm a pretty savvy guy, but at the moment, I'm confused by contradictory statements in various places.

The handling of this has been rather poor so far, in my opinion. Too much confusion... Needs work for future Betas.

~MG
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mok33 wrote: »
    Go to the top of the page and click The Game, then redeem key. It might show you there.

Mine continues to ask for a key and doesn't say I have access. So it certainly seems like a KEY is necessary?? IF not, then that screen really shouldn't be showing up. For instance if it's handled on the back-end for STO / Champions Lifers and they don't have to go through the "key" rigamarole and can simply download the client and "log in" as normal via the client on their Beta weekends...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It would have been nice to have gotten an email about the beta weekends. I had forgotten about the last one and I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. IMO this was handled very poorly and they should be ashamed of themselves. Not even sure I want to play now.

Agreed on the poor communication / execution. I still want to play, don't get me wrong. I've been waiting 9 mos for a chance to play... But I'm miffed at how it's been handled. Or, rather, NOT handled properly. Or, so it would seem. IT just seems quite unclear who is / isn't allowed into Beta. DO we or DON'T we need an "invite" / "key"? Does our "class" (STO / Champions Lifer) "guarantee" us access to he Beta Weekend listing our class as eligible, or do we have to wait for an "invite" / "key" to be delivered first? When will that happen? Lifers on Champions / STO were promised Beta access. At least for me, it still hasn't yet been delivered.

[/frustration]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    westoz wrote: »
    downloads are not cheap time is money and i'd have to pay $199 to play at the moment this is a scam the whole thing is a scam why can't we just have the enjoyment our souls and scientific minds allow for why can't you just be happy that we (the people) might love you creations or is it giving you too much of a "god complex" as far as i know gods are dead that's why they're in the afterlife. like me, like me not, like me' or just don't give a F***.

You sound like a TROLL. Maybe a CAVE TROLL. Dunno.

Beta is Beta. People who are supposed to have access should get access. If you're not in one of the contributing classes who are supposed to get access, don't whine about not getting access or about having to contribute. Basically, Closed Beta is, for the moment, for paying / contributing members who've shown a certain monetary "commitment" to PWE. When "Open Beta" rolls around, maybe you can Beta for "free." 'Sides do you really want to Beta (paid or otherwise) in the buggiest stage of the game (Closed Beta)? ;)

Now, for my part, my gripe that that I'm part of one of the "classes" (STO Lifer) who's *supposed* to have Beta access. And I still haven't been "invited." So, a little peeved there... And probably rightly so?
  • Options
    handsomedude6969handsomedude6969 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My question is when will the open beta are when will game go live?? And speaking of bugs lmfao PWE dosen't care all their games has bugs and still have not fix:XD
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mine continues to ask for a key and doesn't say I have access. So it certainly seems like a KEY is necessary?? IF not, then that screen really shouldn't be showing up. For instance if it's handled on the back-end for STO / Champions Lifers and they don't have to go through the "key" rigamarole and can simply download the client and "log in" as normal via the client on their Beta weekends...
    You should download the client if you haven't yet done so, then try to log in and patch the game. If you can do that you should be good to go. If you can't log in, contact support about being a STO/CO lifer and not having a key or log in access.
  • Options
    passionattapassionatta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They have stated elsewhere that all closed beta characters are wiped the open beta 3 characters will not be.
  • Options
    sirtex8sirtex8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    mok33 wrote: »
    Mine continues to ask for a key and doesn't say I have access. So it certainly seems like a KEY is necessary??
    You should download the client if you haven't yet done so, then try to log in and patch the game. If you can do that you should be good to go. If you can't log in, contact support about being a STO/CO lifer and not having a key or log in access.
    Sounds like he needs a "beta" key?
  • Options
    aswe233aswe233 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the readem key page is not workinnnggggggg
  • Options
    o7deadlysinso7deadlysins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    They have stated elsewhere that all closed beta characters are wiped the open beta 3 characters will not be.

Where did they state this?
  • Options
    gektor9gektor9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why I can't play...13:00
  • Options
    aswe233aswe233 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    still cant redeem key..or creat a thred about it becuse of created accout restrictions..please som1 tell support..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have key...but I can't ... server status offline
  • Options
    rzdtrzdt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having same problem, got beta key, but still can't play, even if is 1:00 am o'clock
  • Options
    rzdtrzdt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It said: "You are not allowed to play right now" T_T
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    rzdt wrote: »
    It said: "You are not allowed to play right now" T_T
    And I have this problem...(
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    12 hours to go.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ...and..nothing.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMG daylight savings started over there so it is actually an hour earlier start time :). So 10 hours to go now.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »
    OMG daylight savings started over there so it is actually an hour earlier start time :). So 10 hours to go now.
    hahaha...fck..you right!
  • Options
    ensiforosensiforos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has it started yet?I get :"You are not allowed to play right now" :(
  • Options
    conqueror1101conqueror1101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    ensiforos wrote: »
    Has it started yet?I get :"You are not allowed to play right now" :(

I play from London (GMT) and I am struggling to work out exactly when this weekend beta will start:

Is it (A) 12pm PDT : which is 7am gmt today?
    (B) 12pm PDT : which is 7pm GMT today?
    or (C) 12pm PDT : which is 7am GMT tomorrow?

or something else, would love to get the official word on this please.
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    *lies facedown on floor

Oh sweet lords of the development team, blessed knights of the redded bull. Please bestow upon us in the land of the jumping Roo an sweet, early taste of beta'ry goodness. Tis the night of friday right now, afterall...

humbly :o
  • Options
    traksortraksor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I play from London (GMT) and I am struggling to work out exactly when this weekend beta will start:

Is it (A) 12pm PDT : which is 7am gmt today?
    (B) 12pm PDT : which is 7pm GMT today?
    or (C) 12pm PDT : which is 7am GMT tomorrow?

or something else, would love to get the official word on this please.

Should be around 7-8 tonight for you