test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What race you will chose for your Wizard?

lordsilverionlordsilverion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Library
Today in Beta weekend they will finally give us possibility to play with Wizard, and I prefered to play elf under old rules but new Elf have +2 bonus in dexterity and wisdom and not in inteligence :( so other that can give me bonus to INT is Human or Tiefling ... im still thinking wich one probably human :P You ?
Post edited by lordsilverion on

Comments

• Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gonna have to go with human.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling are best to watch while running - their tails are hypnotising to look at. The tails also pierce the horses when you mount it, pierce the floor when you crouch (/emote AFK) and do other stuff.

So to not get bored watching behind of normal race, getting tiefling for any race is a good choice. The tail will keep you busy! (unless you are a cat, in that case it will be a large distraction)
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The answer to everything is Dwarf.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The answer to everything is Dwarf.

As long as you protect your knees, the dwarves are pretty much harmless... But if they get your kneecaps ... ouch!
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fierce female dwarven wizard with wild, red-hued hair for me. :)
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm gotta say human
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling for the beta. Probably Drow. Though the Tiefling racials are really hard to pass up.
  • Options
    amyamethystamyamethyst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling. (And then I can say "I'm not bad, my race just looks that way.")
    A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half Orc for beta. Might switch to Human for release.
  • Options
    velyna1velyna1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I went with Half-Elf so far so good.
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seems i cant use a headpiece with my thiefling so far. So might have to swap for another race at launch, unless they fix that.
  • Options
    mishakal1mishakal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    Human or Drow... although female Drow Wizard makes my lore-alarm go off... although this is 4e... so I'm pretty sure anything goes. ;)
  • Options
    pyrophoriapyrophoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Male Drow Control Wizard.. Even got a whole story to boot.. Woo for actually setting up some DnD roleplaying in there!
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half-Orc all the way. Flaming red hair and beard, dark gray skin, and a blue face tattoo. Wearing some cosmetic rags, he looks like a crazy hermit.
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling. (And then I can say "I'm not bad, my race just looks that way.")

Great answer! I played the tiefling this week and really liked it. Teifs make decent CW's so figured I would give em a shot and it did not disappoint. :o
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I played an elf. I will probably play an Elf Control Wizard, Dwarven Trickster Rogue, Half-orc Great Weapon Fighter, Halfling Guardian Fighter and Human Cleric at Launch. Then later a Tiefling Scourge Warlock and a Half-elven Two-blade Ranger. And many more. :)
  • Options
    labyrinthdwellerlabyrinthdweller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    I played a Tiefling in betas 1 and 2, cleric, and then wizard respectively. Their power is in Blood Hunt and of course the +2 Intelligence racial modifier. Human also looks very strong with Heroic Effort as you'll get an additional 3 feat points by level 20 allowing you to rank into higher tiers sooner. Will need to see what the Drow offers but any one of these three races is probably my final choice.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Trivia

*spoiler*

Genreal Sabine who is the commander of all the Neverember's troops is visited every night by a Tiefling named Mordai Vell. The Mordai Vell who was the 'owner' of the Neverwinter city before Neverember reclaimed it from Thay.

*spoiler ends*
  • Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Deva if available at release :P
    :mad:
  • Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    double post sorry
    :mad:
  • Options
    backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am going to go Drow. Hoping the racial abilities will be handy.
    Saved!
  • Options
    kacettkacett Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yuan- ti race for my wizard!Other races are too common .
  • Options
    neyarineyari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    backbite44 wrote: »
    Am going to go Drow. Hoping the racial abilities will be handy.
    you have to wait two months unless you have that founders pack for the renegade one.

Drow won't be available till 60 days after launch, which is sad because in alpha I rather liked my Drow CW.
  • Options
    backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neyari wrote: »
    you have to wait two months unless you have that founders pack for the renegade one.

Drow won't be available till 60 days after launch, which is sad because in alpha I rather liked my Drow CW.

yeah, have the hero pack, not sure how/why it doesn't say as much. Thinking they will be at least as good as tiefling either way though.
    Saved!
  • Options
    labyrinthdwellerlabyrinthdweller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    Well if we're to assume that preview of the Drow some time ago is still accurate, then they gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma. Darkfire has a chance to debuff enemy defense on attack (spell?), and Trance increases your healing at a campfire/shrine. Not bad for Darkfire but the stats aren't as good as a Tiefling's.
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    can we hope for other races?
  • Options
    doctordoriandoctordorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    im wondering how they will tweak the races in the future. do initial ability stats really affect the game that much vs equipment stats? and does the human's extra feat points give them more feat points by level 60 or is there a cap on feat points?
  • Options
    ladygoldenorbsladygoldenorbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dwarf looks like a solid, well-rounded call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundermeo1foundermeo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol wasnt half orc fantastic for trickster rogues ? i went elf cause you could pick the stat line. and crits always usefull ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I would like to choose a perverted old human for a wizard.