test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cyan Firefly Beta Videos

2»

Comments

• soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lyiatgissairth, do you mind if I snag this and copy it to my website linking here with your name on it of course. I want more of my friends interested and the less they click to travel, the more they actually want to do it haha. As some haven't learned much about the game.
  • lyiatgissairthlyiatgissairth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Not sure what you mean. Link the videos on your website? No, I don't mind.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, that is what I mean. Thanks! :D
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once again nice vid.... that was one hot guardian.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Added a Guardian Fighter class guide. Enjoy!
    Thank you very informative. I really liked to see a female hot dwarf character(with thank god no beard).

Keep up the good work please. I will play this free so I will only have 2 character slots at least at the release. Since I want to create a Cleric and Rogue I am very interested in those videos.

Anyway so it does not become boring for you. Please make a fun video with Azley where you do whatever you like most in Neverwinter a Dungeon or a FOUNDRY quest or whatever.

PvP would also be interesting to see, but I understand that is not accessible currently. I do like to hear you voice, but together with Azley you make the perfect fun and interesting experience. I have not been lucky with Beta keys, but I have enjoyed all of your Neverwinter videos.
    edited March 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Excellent videos posted!

And all that other stuff here wrote that I hit quote for.

He is correct. Good work! Though you sometimes should not speak over your friend as she doesn't talk often as it is!
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    possibly add to videos that content is beta and subject to change. for example the block of guardian fighter no longer blocks _all_ incoming damage (might change back to 100% alsodoubtful). and, obviously, the upcoming race was half-orc.

or update after the new beta(s).
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good job :)

Watched the commerce vid, and it explains AD, Zen and various coins perfectly. Everyone does seem to miss some methods of gaining AD (like hourly events that cycle throughout the day) Some do require L60 to enter I noticed :/

I wish everyone would watch this before spouting all the P2W and *****ing about what is in the CS
  • sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey there, Lyiat and Azilie,

I love your Neverwinter videos and your excitement for game made me excited as well. They are my favorite ones for NWO.

Thanks for your hard work.

See you in game soon.
    edited March 2013
    Added Devoted Cleric guide. Enjoy guys!
  • moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I watched cyan firefly vids earlier, thanks for them :-) gave me a good impression
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hoho! Missed these as was away for a bit. Need to watch the rest after first three!
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Added Devoted Cleric guide. Enjoy guys!

I find it interesting that all throughout the forums here the general consensus is that race does not ultimately have a major impact on class choice, yet in the Cyan Firefly devoted cleric video the narrator states that half-orc, tiefling, and halfling devoted clerics equal a dead party, and in a nutshell are bad choices. From my experience in the past two betas having played odd race choices for classes, I cannot agree with the narrator's statements on this matter.

Also, where are the other at wills, encounters, and daily powers that you gain? All I saw in the video were the first ones you get. I also noticed that feats were absent as well.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
    edited March 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    I find it interesting that all throughout the forums here the general consensus is that race does not ultimately have a major impact on class choice, yet in the Cyan Firefly devoted cleric video the narrator states that half-orc, tiefling, and halfling devoted clerics equal a dead party, and in a nutshell are bad choices. From my experience in the past two betas having played odd race choices for classes, I cannot agree with the narrator's statements on this matter.

Also, where are the other at wills, encounters, and daily powers that you gain? All I saw in the video were the first ones you get. I also noticed that feats were absent as well.

Cheers!

Due to increased attributes and racial traits, the race choice at a high level will make all the difference. A half-elf cleric built optimally will always outperform a half-orc cleric, and if the end-game is comparable to other MMO's, then you will never want a sub-optimal cleric on your team.

These are introductory guides to the class, to give you an understanding of its purpose and role. It is not a build guide, it is not a complete class guide (which would be impossible, as the game isn't released and the full level cap isn't unlocked). It is a simple intro into what you should be doing as that class, and what the displayed abilities are for and how to use them.
    edited March 2013
    Due to increased attributes and racial traits, the race choice at a high level will make all the difference. A half-elf cleric built optimally will always outperform a half-orc cleric, and if the end-game is comparable to other MMO's, then you will never want a sub-optimal cleric on your team.

These are introductory guides to the class, to give you an understanding of its purpose and role. It is not a build guide, it is not a complete class guide (which would be impossible, as the game isn't released and the full level cap isn't unlocked). It is a simple intro into what you should be doing as that class, and what the displayed abilities are for and how to use them.

Similar in WoW how the Alliance only wanted Dwarfs in Vanilla due to the fear ward. It will get a balance eventually like in WoW how they gave fear ward to all classes. Also newer Cleric classes like the Battle Cleric if introduced would make a Half Elf not as good as a Half-Orc on the vice versa scale. The actual 1-2 points of missing wisdom can be made up in certain ways as well. So while the Elite will always do the Elite thing... the normal and serious groups won't discount a competent player based on the race of their own hero.
    edited March 2013
    Added a Paragon Path video. Enjoy guys!
    edited March 2013
    Added a PVP video. Enjoy!
    edited March 2013
    Added a video on the raw numbers, the stats that make up a character. Enjoy!
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Added a video on the raw numbers, the stats that make up a character. Enjoy!
    Thank you! I succeeded to get into the third closed Beta Weekend and I liked very much the game though it is not perfect and some bugs needs to be fixed. To my great delight it is playable on my budget gaming laptop that I bought Mars 2012. Let us simply say that Mist PvP with 2000 players in Guild Wars 2 is not playable on that laptop.

However I have not payed and I am not a journalist like you so I would be very happy if you can show a Neverwinter Crafting video. I have understood they said that during the 4th closed Beta weekend which I can not attend they will finally introduce Crafting to the game which has been more or less a mystery so far.
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are a lot of good things about the internet. The fact that anybody can publish (especially videos on youtube) isn't always a good thing. It's getting to the point where it's a pain to sift thru the mountains of weak content to find the few things worth watching anymore. Everybody thinks they're a movie producer. Heck, everybody thinks they can think and speak coherently or has something interesting to say. Weak content on youtube regularly proves this is far from true. People have to try though. If you do produce something decent you too can be an internet celeb (dweebs everywhere will want to be your friend) and make money. So you get mountains of rubbish to yield that eventual gem.