test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cyan Firefly Beta Videos

lyiatgissairthlyiatgissairth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys, this is the thread for everything I've been putting together from my experiences in game. I'm going to make a bunch of videos, but I'll keep them in this one thread and update it as I get new footage.

Videos

Press Beta Coverage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDtlkX9W0XU
A long video that was a first look at the game, including everything I had access to during the press beta (except for the Dev Q&A).

In-Depth look at Character Creation (Beta)
http://youtu.be/GVHF_V2LNCM
A long look into the character creation for the game, specifically making a halfling rogue. We discuss what we like about the system, what we don't, and what we feel was a missed opportunity.

Neverwinter MMO Combat System - In Depth Look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYEPPyAtxjk
Today we take a major look into the game's combat system and explain how it works in the highest detail we could with the information we have.

Neverwinter MMO Beta Economy - In Depth look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJg9SSIqPlo
This one is look at the Economy system present in the game, and will hopefully help dispel any of those nasty P2W rumors floating around. Its actually fairly interesting, give the economy a chance.

Neverwinter MMO Beta Companion - In Depth look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfeRn1WznY
Today we're taking a look at the companion system and how it works, as well as to some speculation as to how it may develop further approaching launch.

Neverwinter MMO Beta Dungeon Questing - In Depth look
http://youtu.be/EeicfJGm-k8
Today we're going through the dungeon crawling aspect of the game, explaining how the various types of dungeons and what you may experience in the game.

Neverwinter MMO Beta Paragon Paths
http://youtu.be/Lu4jxn8Pjlo
Today, Lyiat takes a look at Paragon Paths for the Neverwinter Beta and explains exactly what it is.

Neverwinter MMO Beta PVP (Player Vs Player) - In Depth look
http://youtu.be/9WFaQ1f4p6U
Today, Lyiat takes a look at PVP for the Neverwinter Beta.

Neverwinter MMO Beta Numbers and Things (Statistics) - In Depth look
http://youtu.be/3qqw7xNNws4
Today, Lyiat takes a look at character statistics for the Neverwinter Beta and offers some insight on how they influence gameplay.

Class Guides
Guardian Fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxT5Frh46g
Two-Weapon Fighter: Pending
Trickster Rogue: Pending
Devote Cleric: http://youtu.be/NkAHXvAHGRA
Control Wizard: Pending

Like I said, future videos will be released as I get to them, including videos answering most of the questions I got from this, and other forums.
Post edited by lyiatgissairth on

Comments

• jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Video gets two thumbs down from me. Firstly the wall of text that took up the first half of the video was un-needed and then the talking through the action scenes was disapointing because I would have liked to hear the game. Otherwise nice editing.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You need to change the link to watch?v=aDtlkX9W0XU

Video gets two thumbs down from me. Firstly the wall of text that took up the first half of the video was un-needed and then the talking through the action scenes was disapointing because I would have liked to hear the game. Otherwise nice editing.

Impatient people ....

"Don't judge me! You don't know me!"

p.s. check
    watch?v=aDtlkX9W0XU
    he misposted the link
  • lyiatgissairthlyiatgissairth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I am an idiot.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    OMG do some research, the race coming soon is the Drow, the race thats been known for many months. Go here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/races

Cant stand when people do not do any research. This is like the 3rd video of people speculating. Also why would you go with intellect over constitution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Throughly enjoyed watching your video! I really liked your comments. Though Selune is prnounced Seh-loon-ay (as in trailer). Being a priest of Selune I wanted to correct it.

Nice to see you running foundry content. Very few runs of foundry content.

Also your looking for RP elements and exploring them instead of running about was cool!
    edited February 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    OMG do some research, the race coming soon is the Drow, the race thats been known for many months. Go here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/races

Cant stand when people do not do any research. This is like the 3rd video of people speculating.

And if you bothered to watch the video, you'd realize we mentioned that we know drow is being released. Cool your jets. There are going to be eight total races once the game comes out. Currently, there are seven announced (including drow). It'll be interesting to see what the last one will be.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The second video was much better ty
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDtlkX9W0XU
    edited February 2013
    Newest video release is up, we decided to take an in depth look into the character creation for the game.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I personally do not like the rolling, as you saw it seems to do an array style roll, ie it you can only seeming roll 18 in the primary stats then 16 in the secondary, however you can not roll 16 in both secondaries so it seems to have a point cost too. Personally I would prefer total free roll then with a chance to change 1 or 2 stats too take out points from them and move to a different stat. Failing that a point buy system would be more fun, least you have more control.
    The rest is looking fairly good though:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
    edited February 2013
    Another video for you all, this time focusing on the combat system. We've got a video due out later today on the economy side of things. Do enjoy!
    edited February 2013
    Updated with an Economy video. Take a look, its actually fairly interesting.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey Lyiat, in the character creation video you indicate "After speaking to the devs personally, I can inform you that Renegade is a race. It is a 'premium' race, and will not be the only one" in response to a video comment. Was this part of your Q&A? Oh and are you putting up a video of a Q&A?​
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will be entertaining. How exactly are the "Menzoberranzan Renegades" different enough from "normal" drow to warrant them being classed as a completely new race in-game?

Also, I'd be interested to see how many free races we will get that aren't "worthless" compared to the premium ones that actually might be worth paying out for. This is a balancing act that Cryptic isn't well known for, sadly.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Updated with an Economy video. Take a look, its actually fairly interesting.

Watched this first was good vid. Good job!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The whole concept of the Renegade background is very interesting. I assume in character creation, you select a drow character and it will have a completely different list of background cities. With one of them as the Renegade background. After all, it makes no sense to have a Drow as impoverished noble from a human city. The backgrounds for the Drow must come before the customize look screens. By choosing the Renegade background, it unlocks the armor, tattoo, and replaces one of the racial abilities with Faerie Fire. The interesting part is that Cryptic could add more backgrounds like this that affect the style of the character instead of just being added flavor to the character. Of course, they could unlock them through the C-Store or whatever it will be called or by getting a particular achievement.
    edited February 2013
    Hey Lyiat, in the character creation video you indicate "After speaking to the devs personally, I can inform you that Renegade is a race. It is a 'premium' race, and will not be the only one" in response to a video comment. Was this part of your Q&A? Oh and are you putting up a video of a Q&A?

The Q&A was a rather boring affair, with a bunch of press people posting questions in the client for devs to answer, also in client. It'd make for a really, really dull long video. Instead, I place what I learned in the Q&A in the videos I am already making. And, yes, that was during the Q&A. Unless I grossly misunderstood what he told me, the Renegade is a full selectable race. I don't know what its abilities do, but I presume they are not dissimilar to the normal selectable drow, and are just unique effects (IE, they look different)
    edited February 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    This will be entertaining. How exactly are the "Menzoberranzan Renegades" different enough from "normal" drow to warrant them being classed as a completely new race in-game?

Also, I'd be interested to see how many free races we will get that aren't "worthless" compared to the premium ones that actually might be worth paying out for. This is a balancing act that Cryptic isn't well known for, sadly.

Premium races, to my knowledge, just have unique looking effects (like the Renegade) and skins. They simply look different, and are no more powerful than any other race. Not to mention, as indicated by the Economy video, you can easily acquire the currency to get them regardless. You can trade Astral Diamonds (which you earn in game) for ZEN, and vice versa.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Q&A was a rather boring affair, with a bunch of press people posting questions in the client for devs to answer, also in client. It'd make for a really, really dull long video. Instead, I place what I learned in the Q&A in the videos I am already making. And, yes, that was during the Q&A. Unless I grossly misunderstood what he told me, the Renegade is a full selectable race. I don't know what its abilities do, but I presume they are not dissimilar to the normal selectable drow, and are just unique effects (IE, they look different)

Thanks for that:)
    edited February 2013
    Any new videos on the horizon?:)
  • zombiesxiiizombiesxiii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the videos! I just finished watching the Economy one, very well done! It answers a lot of outstanding questions I had on how the astral diamonds work and how you can attain them.
    edited February 2013
    Added a companion specific in depth video. Enjoy!
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Added a companion specific in depth video. Enjoy!

Thanks for the vid! Keep em coming
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for all the info. The Angel of Fate Companion and Unicorn Mount were really interesting. As well as the fact that there is a Ghost Companion. Would have like info on each of them and see what companions were available with their particular skills, but a weekend is probably not enough to do everything by yourself.
    edited February 2013
    Added a video on dungeons and how they work. Do enjoy!
  • belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Nice vids. Very informative, especially to us newcomers who just started to get into the game. Started subscribing to your channel. Im hoping this will continue evolving post launch and hopefully turn into a podcast.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Added a video on dungeons and how they work. Do enjoy!
    Excellent videos posted!

Here is my review of your videos:
    + Excellent English and I very much like your and Azilie accent. My mother tongue is not English and I am from Europe, but I have played WOW and Age of Conan with other Europeans including people from UK. I also like to see America Hollywood movies. Your accent and speech is 5/5.
    + It is FUN! My preference is Action and Horror movies. That said listening to your natural conversations(not forced) and s Azilies laughter and fun comments like choose Torm for a Rogue makes me smile:). Azilies fun Araknofobia etc. fun...
    + Everything does not go perfect. However you still keep professional attitude... i.e Beta is Beta. You don't get frustrated and you give some constructive criticism of course when needed, but you keep your good positive attitude which is pleasant to hear.
    + Great lore knowledge from both you and Azilie. Impressive I am myself not green to Forgotten Realms lore.
    + information and you try things...
    + Good informative topics... like not to much in one video not one video that is 10 hours:rolleyes:.
    + Excellent first hand information good communication with developers. Now we know that this game will have Raids but the Raids will be included sooner or after release.
    - Presentation is maybe a bit to casually given. At the end there is no summary sheet for like
    5 seconds like: YES THIS GAME WILL HAVE RAIDS, but they are included after release.
    My vote: 9.5/10 as excellent classic vote! Like an IMDB voting movie scale from 1-10 score and I give 10 rating extremely rarely!
    Your videos are the BEST according to my taste right now that are available from youtube posters.

While I have payed more then 500 euro for WOW this game I want to try as free account. That said it brings me great great joy to see your videos. I don't want to give negative feedback some persons videos, but there are some BETA testers that provide slightly boring Neverwinter videos or have a bit boring explanation BLAH BLAH. Listening to you and Azilie is NOT boring and it is excellent wonderful spoken English. Congratulations! I have even sent emails of your videos to some of my friends who might play Neverwinter and ask questions.
    edited February 2013
    'Ashley' is very flattered by your comments, but I'd like to let you know that she goes by Azilie. That said, that is very constructive feedback and I'm happy you enjoy the videos so much. I just wish you had a suggestion as to what we could improve.
    edited February 2013
    'Ashley' is very flattered by your comments, but I'd like to let you know that she goes by Azilie. That said, that is very constructive feedback and I'm happy you enjoy the videos so much. I just wish you had a suggestion as to what we could improve.
    Oh you should be both be flattered, but you have both earned the praise absolutely. I corrected the Azilie name in the review above. Something to improve? Really not much I increased rating to 9.5/10 since you basically discovered the first part of Holy Grail. I watched now this last videos of your where Raids are mentioned.

Oh god I have been forum member since summer 2012 and we have had countless discussion about endgame and Raids. Well with all respect Guild Wars 2 while it has good graphics and ok story/lore has way to casual loot progression so that game is not my cup of tea.

WOW which I loved... well I don't know if everlasting lootmill is paradise. That said what I really want to know will the best loot be taken from Raids in this game? I hope so. I also hope that if you play 40 hours/week then it should take at least many months to maximize a character in power. Of course I like other things then ENDGAME. I like PvP which is also ENDGAME.. but I plan to roll many characters and enjoy many good low/medium level adventures.
    edited February 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Oh you should be both be flattered, but you have both earned the praise absolutely. I corrected the Azilie name in the review above. Something to improve? Really not much I increased rating to 9.5/10 since you basically discovered the first part of Holy Grail. I watched now this last videos of your where Raids are mentioned.

Oh god I have been forum member since summer 2012 and we have had countless discussion about endgame and Raids. Well with all respect Guild Wars 2 while it has good graphics and ok story/lore has way to casual loot progression so that game is not my cup of tea.

WOW which I loved... well I don't know if everlasting lootmill is paradise. That said what I really want to know will the best loot be taken from Raids in this game? I hope so. I also hope that if you play 40 hours/week then it should take at least many months to maximize a character in power. Of course I like other things then ENDGAME. I like PvP which is also ENDGAME.. but I plan to roll many characters and enjoy many good low/medium level adventures.

Well despite my posts above I would be ok if you can get through PvP also best items. Honestly l am completely in dark where to get best items still if you think about PvP also.

The only problem with FOUNDRY is that while I agree you should get to max level and yeah quite good items that FOUNDRY can be exploited. Anyway at this point future loot is a big ? mark. Raids are not in the release. Since you can get lots of Astral Diamonds through PvP and lot of AD can be converted to ZEN I believe that through PvP you can get really good items.
    edited March 2013
    Added a Guardian Fighter class guide. Enjoy!