test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Access to all three Beta Weekends to Neverwinter Starter Kit, too. PLEASE!

2»

Comments

• jaelrinyajaelrinya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trollbogan wrote: »
    What probably pisses people off is that they don't like to spend money and not getting the benefit.
    They paid for the Starter Kit which doesn't include beta access. They are getting exactly the benefit they paid for which is the amulet of protection, the small bag of holding and one adventurer's helper pack.

I bought the guardian pack and I'm also not complaining that I won't get the panther companion or renegade drow.

There will be multiple ways to join beta even without one of the bigger founder's packs. And why do they want to be in beta so badly anyway? It's just beta, nothing will carry over to launch and they will have to start all over again.
  • desanctidesancti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree. $ 20 for that?

It is outrageous
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jaelrinya wrote: »
    It's just beta, nothing will carry over to launch and they will have to start all over again.
    Edit: Stupid forum eating my post when I have not made any copy/paste or weird code...

So.. I was trying to say that that people will create throng of threads demanding to keep their characters because they don't like to repeat content and/or lose progress. So much for beta testing. And happens every single beta.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Just to be clear the Founders Pack Items will carry over whether or not there is a wipe.
  • draakisbackdraakisback Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The wording above the founder packs is subversive and has caused me to pay for the 20 dollar pack thinking i would get a beta key. Heres what it says: Begin your adventure to defend Neverwinter equipped with all the benefits of a Founder! Neverwinter Founders will receive exclusive in-game perks, guaranteed beta weekend access starting February 8.... etc They dont specify what a founder is but the page has all 3 purchasable packs giving you the assumption that all of them are considered founder. If you have a neverwinter starter pack technically you are a founder based on this page, so why no access? This is a terrible business practice. Im demanding a full refund.

No where on anypart of their site or in the FAQ does it state that neverwinter starter pack buyers will not get Beta access, yet when you come to the forums it does say this. Again this is subversive. I think perfect world is filled with a bunch of thieving devs akin to WarZ.
  • bigjaymonbigjaymon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree Draakisback, I did the same thing. It is very misleading, I submitted a request for a chargeback.
  • rubyhorse2rubyhorse2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    seems charging players for beta access is becoming the norm these days. used to be game developers 'needed' a beta stage before release and therefor needed the general playing public.

now...well now we have to pay to help them.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The wording above the founder packs is subversive and has caused me to pay for the 20 dollar pack thinking i would get a beta key. Heres what it says: Begin your adventure to defend Neverwinter equipped with all the benefits of a Founder! Neverwinter Founders will receive exclusive in-game perks, guaranteed beta weekend access starting February 8.... etc They dont specify what a founder is but the page has all 3 purchasable packs giving you the assumption that all of them are considered founder. If you have a neverwinter starter pack technically you are a founder based on this page, so why no access? This is a terrible business practice. Im demanding a full refund.

No where on anypart of their site or in the FAQ does it state that neverwinter starter pack buyers will not get Beta access, yet when you come to the forums it does say this. Again this is subversive. I think perfect world is filled with a bunch of thieving devs akin to WarZ.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack

States right there what you do/don't get.
  • dlanornennildlanornennil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or instead of trying to force players to pay an extra $40 they could simply add beta access to the $20 one, hell it's the same price as the TL2 pre-order or close enough. Don't know why they didn't give that pack access too besides the greed reason of trying to sell more of the guardian packs.

I felt the same way so bought the Starters pack.. Mosty because 'EVERYWHERE' it reads get a founders pack for beta access... So I hit the link and see 3 nice options and take the lessor of the 3... only to get to the weekend and now notice that the starters does not have access..

I sincerly hope that there are no people testing who have not paid any real $$... while others who have paid real life $$ are locked out...
  • iaccidentallymynameiaccidentallymyname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What types of items can I used from the Hero of the North pack in the closed beta?