test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Access to all three Beta Weekends to Neverwinter Starter Kit, too. PLEASE!

stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
20$ for this:

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers :mad:

-Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased

Only? Need more items and access to all three Beta Weekends too.

:p
Post edited by stonklavers on

Comments

• shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pay $40 more and presto! :p
  • arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    you also get
    1 Adventurer's Helper Pack
    Contains six different types of helpful items to start your adventure (one per account)
    - A Large Health Stone
    - 10,000 XP booster
    - 5 Scroll of Raise Dead
    - 5 Portable Altars
    - 10 Identify Scrolls
    - 25 pack of skill consumables
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Pay $40 more and presto! :p

Or instead of trying to force players to pay an extra $40 they could simply add beta access to the $20 one, hell it's the same price as the TL2 pre-order or close enough. Don't know why they didn't give that pack access too besides the greed reason of trying to sell more of the guardian packs.
  • stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    arkonagade wrote: »
    you also get
    1 Adventurer's Helper Pack
    Contains six different types of helpful items to start your adventure (one per account)
    - A Large Health Stone
    - 10,000 XP booster
    - 5 Scroll of Raise Dead
    - 5 Portable Altars
    - 10 Identify Scrolls
    - 25 pack of skill consumables

Need more items and Beta access too.
  • dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question: Does the 10,000 xp booster automatically give you 10,000xp and push you up levels? Is so, why wouldn't everyone purchase this pack AS WELL!!?!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, the Starter Kit says it unlocks a Small Bag of Holding for all of your characters.
    12 extra inventory slots for all your characters to hold your loot! (one per character)

Just go to the Founder's Pack page and mouse over the Small Bag of Holding icon in the Starter Kit.
    edited February 2013
    Question: Does the 10,000 xp booster automatically give you 10,000xp and push you up levels? Is so, why wouldn't everyone purchase this pack AS WELL!!?!
    the other packs has this as well. (Adventurer's helper pack)

but I think the 60$ pack is missing the small bag of holding
  • paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    I guess the plan was to try and get as many people as possible to put down the price of a full price game for a free to play game without ever trying it.

I honestly have to wonder how many people would pay $60 for as f2p game they've never tried before. Much less $200.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    Or instead of trying to force players to pay an extra $40 they could simply add beta access to the $20 one, hell it's the same price as the TL2 pre-order or close enough. Don't know why they didn't give that pack access too besides the greed reason of trying to sell more of the guardian packs.

You could make this argument about any feature of anything, ever, at any price. Yes, companies could always find SOMETHING more to give you, or some way to charge less. There will be open beta soon enough; be patient, or spend money.
  • trollbogantrollbogan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    You could make this argument about any feature of anything, ever, at any price. Yes, companies could always find SOMETHING more to give you, or some way to charge less. There will be open beta soon enough; be patient, or spend money.
    I just don't understand the option "buy stuff early but you don't get it/try it".
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trollbogan wrote: »
    I just don't understand the option "buy stuff early but you don't get it/try it".
    They key there is in orange. The option exists. The other option is don't buy stuff early, wait until you get to try it, and then spend money if you want to. It doesn't seem that complicated really.

What probably pisses people off is that they don't want to spend money but would still like the benefit. That isn't how it works.
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess the plan was to try and get as many people as possible to put down the price of a full price game for a free to play game without ever trying it.

I honestly have to wonder how many people would pay $60 for as f2p game they've never tried before. Much less $200.
    Hi. Maybe you're new to mmos, but F2P or Free To Play, doesn't mean the game is entirely free of charge. Not long ago most game access was locked behind a subscription. F2P means you can access the servers, your characters, and the game without a subscription. That is all that marketing term really boils down to.

I mean really, did you think that free server access means they don't want to monetize their game? Every game developer wants to monetize their game. The packs are optional and provide an advantage to game play. It's still free to play, but you get more out of the game if you pay more. That works in both sub free and sub-locked games. The advantage of the $200 pack is plain to see. Whether or not you find that valuable is a personal decision.
    edited February 2013

you can try to enter one of the key giveaways, there is a german site giving 100 keys on facebook atm

or you can wait to friday to see what other people say about the game.
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    20$ for this:

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers :mad:

-Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased

Only? Need more items and access to all three Beta Weekends too.

Not going to happen!

Think about all the poor people that bought the $40 and $200 packs just to get beta. It would be kinda unfair on them don't you think?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    torskaldr wrote: »
    Every game developer wants to monetize their game.
    If they were rich like Bill gates, they wouldn't need to monetize* but they are not (and Bill Gates doesn't pay their bills neither).
    Not going to happen!

Think about all the poor people that bought the $40 and $200 packs just to get beta. It would be kinda unfair on them don't you think?
    Guardian is $60. Paying for those packs just for beta is, imho, stupid. But hey, I also considered stupid, imho again, to pre-purchase Torchlight II from PW just to get the beta key for Nevewinter. And some people acually did that. To each his own, of course. Surely there is people that considers me stupid for doing "charity" with Cryptic** and receving some stuff for it.:p

* unless they are obssesed with money
    ** out.print("Hello, Hero of the North pack");
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Look at the number of people posting here with the forum titles alone and then raise that by at least one order of magnitude as most people don't post or even visit forums.

Not that the games are anything alike except the F2P model, but look at Mechwarrior online. Their "founders" program had the same restrictions on it and made well over 4 million even after the refunds. So it would seem a reletively large number of people would pay big cash for a F2P game they have never tried before.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013

WHAT?! Paying 60 dollars for a game you haven't gotten to play yet?! That's heresy! When has this ever happened before in every video game launch ever?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    WHAT?! Paying 60 dollars for a game you haven't gotten to play yet?! That's heresy! When has this ever happened before in every video game launch ever?

LOL! really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carn80carn80 Member Posts: 47
    edited February 2013
    I have to say PWE but doing this made you stupid people, why? well, you written this beta weekends are for stress test..so wtf...this is no stress test, this is cash test, be warned: 4 times or even more people will come when you open game, or perhaps you plan your stupid IP block as always? and later after mass hate you will open your servers-as always?:/ or this times not because i wrote this?, honestly i hate you for doing those weekend such way, to pay for access,-mean you want to test your servers or not? If you say yes but we can't let anyone play, then go home and cry under blanket, seriously why even develop game where people can't play to test (even for money- not all pack guarantee entrance to beta)..:/. I wonder what you had in your head when you done this..
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is closed beta weekends. Those aren't for stress tests, that's what open beta's are for. Generally the last couple weekends of a beta before release. These beta weekends are for testing bugs in the system. If they wan't to sell access, they have full right to. Just as you have full right not to buy it. I think they're really smart for doing it this way, it's like charging a box price without forcing you to pay it. A good way to make sure the game can afford to keep running right off the get go.

Nobody but your own lack of patience is making you pay for access. If you want free access wait until more beta contests are announced, the open beta starts, and-or the game is released.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    As ysil6969 stated Open Beta is where most stress testing occurs.

Closed Beta is more to do some bug squashing, gather feedback and make do important prep-work. There are a lot of detailed, in depth explanations as to what the difference between Alpha, Closed Beta and Open Beta generally are in the gaming industry strewn throughout the forums. Feel free to ask me to find some and PM you or hunt them down yourself :)
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    no thats the whole point. its just a starter kit. Dont get beta weekend access and they clearly list that in the faqs. Sorry.
    edited February 2013
    carn80 wrote: »
    I have to say PWE but doing this made you stupid people, why? well, you written this beta weekends are for stress test..so wtf...this is no stress test, this is cash test, be warned: 4 times or even more people will come when you open game, or perhaps you plan your stupid IP block as always? and later after mass hate you will open your servers-as always?:/ or this times not because i wrote this?, honestly i hate you for doing those weekend such way, to pay for access,-mean you want to test your servers or not? If you say yes but we can't let anyone play, then go home and cry under blanket, seriously why even develop game where people can't play to test (even for money- not all pack guarantee entrance to beta)..:/. I wonder what you had in your head when you done this..

I can't even understand what you are saying here other than you are angry for some reason. Could maybe you go back and edit your post so it makes sense?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cannot comment on carn80 due to not understanding a significantly large part on it. When he edits his post for more clarity I'll try clearing up any factually confused statements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    i wanted to say this: this info was maybe edited by PWE, but they clearly said this beta weekends are for stress test, yet you still have to spend 40 $ to be in them..so i am angry heh, i only hope that only few people will buy this packages. Maybe i could understand prices if this 40$ was for access for all beta time, not for few days...and i want to know if there will be IP block at beginning of open beta or released version of game (seems PWE almost always do it this way) then game will be dying after few months and no ip block.. :/
    edited February 2013
    i wanted to say this: this info was maybe edited by PWE, but they clearly said this beta weekends are for stress test

Nope never seen that anywhere. Got a thread or a video link to show where they said this?
    yet you still have to spend 40 $ to be in them ..so i am angry

It is their game they funded it they made it, it is their product. Its $60 actually. I am mad that some home builder didn't give me a house for free, I had to buy one. You get what you pay for. Why are you mad that a company is not giving you something for free? It is partly how the company pays for making the game so that all the people who don't want to pay for a product can get it for free at release.
    i only hope that only few people will buy this packages.

To late. Look at all the forum titles. They are most likely only a minor fraction of the people who bought the packages. Most people stay away from the forums because of all the whiners and nonsense.
    Maybe i could understand prices if this 40$ was for access for all beta time, not for few days...and i want to know if there will be IP block at beginning of open beta or released version of game (seems PWE almost always do it this way) then game will be dying after few months and no ip block.. :/

Define IP block.
    edited February 2013
    i wanted to say this: this info was maybe edited by PWE, but they clearly said this beta weekends are for stress test, yet you still have to spend 40 $ to be in them..so i am angry heh, i only hope that only few people will buy this packages. Maybe i could understand prices if this 40$ was for access for all beta time, not for few days...and i want to know if there will be IP block at beginning of open beta or released version of game (seems PWE almost always do it this way) then game will be dying after few months and no ip block.. :/

Well most of that is clearer.

Respectively now I can say you're simply wrong on this.

Beta weekend people are free key users too. Beta people are just phased in with all beta and not all at once. You just get a guaranteed invite to all closed beta preview weekends if you buy one or both of the two top tier founder's packs.

The testing is not for stress tests as people will see it's not completely finished yet and devs are even looking for feedback on things like recently released classes, races, attack animations, PvP, etc, so they can fine tune them. It's nearly impossible to do editing and stress testing at the same time since changes in the game will change the game architecture on things like attack speeds with multiple creatures and players, etc So you're respectively wrong on stress testing.

This is why I ask user not to state rumors like fact or state their opinion.We get users positive on things like this because they saw/heard it posted/said elsewhere by somebody.

And respectively we have no clue what you mean by IP block. Again, we need more details from you. If you mean that you are in a country that is listed as restricted however, we can't help you here. That you'd have to speak with support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    i don't know which country will be blocked at open beta or released version..any info?
    edited February 2013
    i don't know which country will be blocked at open beta or released version..any info?
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1573/kw/blocked/related/1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trollbogantrollbogan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    torskaldr wrote: »
    What probably pisses people off is that they don't want to spend money but would still like the benefit. That isn't how it works.

What probably pisses people off is that they don't like to spend money and not getting the benefit.