test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta emails STILL not sent to all beta participants (Reply if You're Affected Too)

Comments

• novykhnovykh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guardian of Neverwinter, no contact since I purchased it nearly a month ago.
  • spicymchaggis86spicymchaggis86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
  • kilthrehkilthreh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't received email either, but able to download beta client it seems. Can someone please advise if this means i still can get in?
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    If you purchased a founders pack (and it's been 24 hours), you should have received an email with your friends key, and in that email there should be a message that says "YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED FOR BETA DO NOT APPLY THIS KEY". So, chill out, if you're a founder, you have beta access because your account is flagged for it.
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Yep No Key for Beta Weekend 2 here. I'm a Lifetimer for CO as well.

You probably aren't going to receive a key, as your account is ALREADY FLAGGED for beta.
  • scneedlscneedl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just received an e-mail....saying if I bought a founders pack I'd have guaranteed access to beta this weekend lol....as you can see by my forum title I've already bought one....come on PW get with the program already lol
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Got the email about the weekend coming but not the one about the character wipes
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi Everyone! Thanks for the additional data. We're doing another round of troubleshooting now. In the short term, you can find all your Beta Weekend 2 info here!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?68621-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-Two-details
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got an e-mail saying about guaranteed beta access, which I thought was about my STO lifetime status, but all it did was link me to buy the Founders Packs. No beta key.

-END OF LINE
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited March 2013
    You probably aren't going to receive a key, as your account is ALREADY FLAGGED for beta.

Please provide a link where someone from Cryptic has confirmed this, All I have been able to find is regular folks like you saying this without a link. . .

This is all I have been able to find:

Q. I pre-ordered Torchlight II, purchased a RaiderZ Founder's Pack, am a Lifetime Subscriber to STO/CO, or acquired a beta key from one of your trade shows. Why can't I log in?

A. You are guaranteed access to the Beta Weekends, however players are being phased in. Keep an eye on your email and our forums for information about when to log in! Check the Neverwinter FAQ for more information.

If we are "guaranteed" access, why do we need to keep an eye on our e-mail?
  • striker1441striker1441 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I haven't seen anything thus far either
  • miztresssmiztresss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No emails either for myself or my boyfriend as of yet and nothing in spam folders. PCGamer keys for us btw.
  • coriolanus70coriolanus70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I purchased the game yesterday and haven't received my beta code for this weekend either
  • sabbydanglefeet2sabbydanglefeet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I purchased the game yesterday and have not received my beta code yet.
  • kietheskiethes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also not getting any emails...
  • katerrorkaterror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Me and my husband got one key each from curse no emails for us yet :(
  • inzablackinzablack Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Champions Online Lifetimer and didn't get an email yet.
  • tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hero of the North, PC Gamer Key and two guardian purchases, on three accounts. I have received no further beta details about BW2. Only way I know an email was sent was a post by deathssickle

Am I worried? Nope.

Was the same for BW1.

Just check to make sure your keys have applied correctly. As identified under the Redeem key Site

Once you've confirmed that it's showing correctly there. Check this post to see (Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first! ) when you can access.

Here is an extract in relation to this weekend.

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    • Hero of the North Friend Key, if it has not been used.
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    CO lifer here, still no E-mail.
  • equinorequinor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No emails here either.
    For Mighty Anhur!
  • ayslin1ayslin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No e-mail for my TL2 pre-order through PWE. My husband received his for CO LTS.
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I am a bit dismayed that this issue has not yet been resolved, given the number of customers affected, the potential severity of the issue, and the fact that there can only be two possible reasons, and one of them is improbable.

Firstly, it stands to reason that there are many hundreds, maybe thousands of customers affected. If only, for example, 100 reply to a thread, chances are many times that also have the problems but did not reply.

Secondly, not being able to communicate important information via email is a major problem. Sure, those who browse the forums or the website may get the details, but those emails are crucial for people who do not. We should be able to count on getting that information delivered to our inboxes.

Finally, there are only two possibilities as to why email is not being sent and/or received:

1. The address or domain the emails are coming from has been flagged as a known spammer or other type of malicious account, so the emails are being blocked before they even reach a user's inbox, hence why the emails are not even reaching spam/junk folders. This is possible, but highly unlikely. I have dealt with cases like this before, but it is usually an entire domain that gets blocked by an email provider like Hotmail or Gmail. I doubt this is the issue because this would cause Cryptic far more issues and be recognized quickly.

2. Cryptic's system for addressing bulk emails and sending them out is flawed. This could either be at the point where it selects the email addresses to send to based on a set of criteria (beta tester, etc.), where it actually loads the email addresses to have the email to be sent to, or at the point it sends them out. Regardless of where the issue lies, identifying it should be simple based on logs. They know who is not getting the emails (we have told them), now they just need to see where along the way the problem occurs.

Anyway, I have had to troubleshoot and fix quite a few problems with bulk email systems as an IT guy, and I have never needed this long to fix it. Granted, I cannot say with certainty how complex their system is, but theoretically the admin running it is trained and competent and can find the error and fix it. The fact that such a crucial thing has sat for so long makes me question their priorities because this is not a minor problem by any definition I have ever heard. Companies that use email to interact with a database of customers hold those systems as highly important to their business and get angry when they do not work for a single day, let alone for months like this.
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    By the way, here is a potentially scary thought: What if alpha invites use the same system as the one that is supposed to be sending out beta information and other news? If they are sent out with the same system, you potentially could have been invited to the alpha test but never were notified. I cannot say either way whether that is true, but right now it is possible. It would be pretty terrible to have been invited but simply have never gotten the email.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No email here either, though I just got the key a few hours ago from MMORPGCOM site. Though it does say in redeem key that it has been redeemed for beta weekend 2.

Which shard in client is beta? Mindflayer?
  • kasrahkasrah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How do you choose a shard in the client ? I have yet to download any patch.
  • typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still no emails...
  • tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    No email here either, though I just got the key a few hours ago from MMORPGCOM site. Though it does say in redeem key that it has been redeemed for beta weekend 2.

Which shard in client is beta? Mindflayer?

If it's like the last beta both servers will be available. If that's the case make sure you and your mates all roll on the same one!
  • katerrorkaterror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Me and my husband got a key each yesterday from curse site we reddeemed them all ok downloaded and wait the game to begin...Do we need to wait for an email? or we are good to go? anyone knows please answer.Thank you very much in advance.
  • rumblebelly8rumblebelly8 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I redeemed my beta key the minute I got it in January, but have not received a single beta e-mail. The last email I got from you was a spotlight on Orcs class featurette last month. Please help me! Been trying to play since 2012!! shortylavelle@gmail.com
  • eltzor78eltzor78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    no email for me also i got a beta key from curse.