test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beta client already updating

warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Good news for those who wants to be prepared to next Beta weekend, the client is already updating, I just updated mine.

wia44h.jpg
Post edited by warbr on

Comments

• Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    2581 MB patch. I can't wait for notes!
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    do do doo, de do de do de doo. do do doo, de do de doo de doo
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    arythor wrote: »

I can confirm the client is updated and will patch when you log in. Fun, fun, fun watching the little red numbers twirl! :)
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    arythor wrote: »
    were you in beta weekend 1 cuz my patch is like 1024 mb
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

Mine was 1404MB...for whatever that is worth.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mine was 1404mb as well. The music is epic and i'm happy that i can tweak my graphics settings while i patiently await playing this game. haha i have no patience left what am i talking about, im going crazy here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

Yes, I was.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have the emails gone out? I can't get past the launcher...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Just remember, patch sizes will vary depending on whether or not you have "On-Demand Patching" enabled or disabled in the Launcher Options.

ysil6969 wrote: »
    Have the emails gone out? I can't get past the launcher...

Are you a Founder or have another applied CBT Key that clears you for the next Weekend?

I am not a Foundry but do have access to both upcoming weekends. I have not gotten any Beta-Emails, however there was a known issue about this that affected some uses, myself included, causing some to not get their beta-related emails:
    Beta emails not being sent to all beta participants (Reply if You're Affected Too)

Also, the download size may differ from the patch size, depending on what client one has, whether it is installing a whole new client or what. When the launcher installs a whole new installation due to huge build changes, it may say it is downloading 2gigs but 1 gig of that may be copied from one installation into the new.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote:
    Just remember, patch sizes will vary depending on whether or not you have "On-Demand Patching" enabled or disabled in the Launcher Options.

Ah, of course, that is why my patch was larger - I turned on-demand patching off so I could load the whole thing. I had forgotten I did that a month ago.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Are you a Founder or have another applied CBT Key that clears you for the next Weekend?

I am not a Foundry but do have access to both upcoming weekends. I have not gotten any Beta-Emails, however there was a known issue about this that affected some uses, myself included, causing some to not get their beta-related emails:
    Beta emails not being sent to all beta participants (Reply if You're Affected Too)

Also, the download size may differ from the patch size, depending on what client one has, whether it is installing a whole new client or what. When the launcher installs a whole new installation due to huge build changes, it may say it is downloading 2gigs but 1 gig of that may be copied from one installation into the new.

I have the TL2 Pre-order key applied. No email. It let me download the launcher, but I can't login or anything. Unless they've bumped the TL2 pre-orders back a weekend.
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What a great upcoming week. SimCity released today, Neverwinter beta on the weekend, and vacation a week from today. Thanks Cryptic for making my week awesome before another awesome week to make the wait bearable!!
  • Options
    ulfghuldulfghuld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    Excellent! I shall be patching when I get home tonight.
    Ulfghuld Bonebreaker - "The only good orc is a dead orc!"
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Patch size 3,533 MB. That will take a little bit.

Also remember that cryptic patch sizes are NOT usually what you will be downloading. Their patch "size" reads how much information is going to be affected, NOT how much is being downloaded.
    ie, Patch Size 3,522MB, will probably download 1,767MB.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »

I'm CO LTS'er and I have yet to receive a beta email. CO/STO LTS'ers are supposed to have access this weekend.
    Both patched for me and wife, PC gamer we both did not receive emails.
  • Options
    kage84kage84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    I'm CO LTS'er and I have yet to receive a beta email. CO/STO LTS'ers are supposed to have access this weekend.

I only have a CO LTS and while I haven't received an email, I am able to instal the patch. When I tried previously I got an account error when logged in, so it does seem like they've at least started flagging LTS accounts for this weekend.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Only Email Ive gotten was a few days ago informing me about the server wipes. But the patch is downloading.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kage84 wrote: »
    I only have a CO LTS and while I haven't received an email, I am able to instal the patch. When I tried previously I got an account error when logged in, so it does seem like they've at least started flagging LTS accounts for this weekend.

Thanks, I will try to download once I get home from work tonight. How do you download? "Access Beta" link at the site's main page?
    How do you download? "Access Beta" link at the site's main page?

On the main site, under "The Game" section is a link for download, although oddly it's missing for me while on the forum.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download is a direct link to it.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm a lifer to both and haven't heard a peep yet, nor has anyone else I know for that matter. Doesn't seem to matter right now though, since I can log in and patch.
  • Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the heads up !
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I'm a lifer to both and haven't heard a peep yet, nor has anyone else I know for that matter. Doesn't seem to matter right now though, since I can log in and patch.

We won't get a key. Apparently, our accounts are already updated, and we'll have access as soon as the servers open on Friday.

Just download the launcher and patch up.

I'm just curious about what time it'll be up on Friday.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a CO lifer. I downloaded the game last week but when I fire up the launcher today, I see no patch :(
  • Options
    noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Sweet. Makes me wish I was in the Beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    LTS Members of CO and STO, as well as T2 Pre-Orders (through the PWE Web Site), should be cleared for access as detailed here. Please know, that T2 Pre-Orders will need to apply their CBT Key that is in their email which contained the T2 Pre-Order code too. The NWO Code should be the first code there-in, followed by the T2 code. If you pre-ordered through the PWE Web Site, not through Steam, and have not gotten your NWO CBT Key, then contact Support ASAP. You can do do either by the Support Link up top this Site, or by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com

If anyone is cleared for the Beta Weekends and are not getting Beta-Releated Emails, then please head on over to the following linked thread and please post there:

However, if you just have access on a friend key, do not expect any Beta-Emails as that friend access will only grant you access to the beta weekend that you first log into, locking you out of the rest until you use another key for access.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kage84 wrote: »
    On the main site, under "The Game" section is a link for download, although oddly it's missing for me while on the forum.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download is a direct link to it.

Thanks. Patching already...
    I cannot wait for the weekend to come as this will be the best weekend thus far of 2013!
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another 201MB patch for me today. Anyone else?
  • Options
    joyless1joyless1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Updated. Can't wait for the event to launch.