test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The real reward for content creation, is for the people who like to create content.

2»

Comments

• freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    (Insert Diety Here) gave me the money to buy it.

Oh yeah that works. That would be more fun anyway.

You see what I mean?

Edit: Seriously though, are giant spiders a common thing for people to ride? I guess in the Forgotten realms it is.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I see the parts that would be hard to RP. But the joy of RP is you start with it. How you flesh out the backstory is up to you. That story in a sense would actually work.
  • freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The point I'm trying to make is, if that epic spider battle sounds cool and fun enough to role play about, why wouldn't it be a good idea to put into the game? I'm going off topic here but I'm just saying, it would be more immersive (which correct me if I'm wrong, but is a key element in D&D) if creating content and playing content were kept as separate entities.

But now I'm not making sense because that would be extremely difficult for an mmo with a cash shop.
    Sorry for derailing the topic...
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You are not derailing anything as it is an interesting point. One I haven't fully comprehended but a point none the less. The main point you are saying is you want RP content and not all bought content. Kind of like EVE where the playerbase makes all the actual content right? That quest probably could be made in the foundry if it has a way to tag specifics like the character would actually have the item. Kinda a way to unlock said quest or mission. That way you could add it as the backstory to the character while still just having the item.
    edited March 2013
    You are not derailing anything as it is an interesting point. One I haven't fully comprehended but a point none the less. The main point you are saying is you want RP content and not all bought content. Kind of like EVE where the playerbase makes all the actual content right? That quest probably could be made in the foundry if it has a way to tag specifics like the character would actually have the item. Kinda a way to unlock said quest or mission. That way you could add it as the backstory to the character while still just having the item.

It's interesting that you brought up EVE Online. If you have ever played EVE, you may have found that it takes zero effort to role play in that game. The lingo, the stats, the missions, the players, they are all real to the world of EVE Online. In D&D, you have to ignore some things to role play. Item stats, character stats, fast traveling, etc. But that is not possible in a game like this, economies are too fragile to risk the players taking complete control.

That being said, yes, you're right. Your idea about making the quest and still having the item is a good one, I didn't think of that.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For me its the fact that it will open so many doors. Guild generated backstory, npc or character historical events from the past, favorite pnp adventures you enjoyed or never got to see finished, etc. For me it is all about creating a story/adventure that others enjoy participating in.
  • roninoronino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to do a boss rush mode. it seems possible with this feature so im all for it. :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Not a bad idea, though I doubt it would change it. I tried changing to a thumbs up icon and that didn't take.
    Let me know what you'd like it re-titled and I can change that and the icon for you. These are a couple things that only Moderators can do to the OP of a thread to get it to take on the Forum List.
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Let me know what you'd like it re-titled and I can change that and the icon for you. These are a couple things that only Moderators can do to the OP of a thread to get it to take on the Forum List.

Does not matter to me if you change it to the above.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd also like to take this time to mention that Players who complete a foundry mission, they can also option to leave an Astral Diamond tip to the foundry author in addition to a review and star rating. :)

During the last Beta, I made around 20,000 AD in just tips from over a hundred people playing my mission. Knowing that people were enjoying my Campaign so far, is great! To get in-game tips to compliment that, was awesome! Indeed. :)

Wow, good tips, grats. I haven't played your stuff but i have heard good things about it. I just hope this rate holds up for good adventures after people aren't giving away astral diamonds they got for free and will be given back to them once launch happens.
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... playing a sense "D&D" with my G.I.Joes, He-Men, and Legos - which were three allied factions against the two allied factions of the Vipers and my sisters' Barbies ....

Loved that Comment!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
    edited March 2013
    I'd also like to take this time to mention that Players who complete a foundry mission, they can also option to leave an Astral Diamond tip to the foundry author in addition to a review and star rating. :)

During the last Beta, I made around 20,000 AD in just tips from over a hundred people playing my mission. Knowing that people were enjoying my Campaign so far, is great! To get in-game tips to compliment that, was awesome! Indeed. :)

Repost :)

Very nice indeed. One quick question about spanning my ideas into the game. In the way that the foundry works say for instance a boss or the boss of the instanced mission is defeated. Do they have to be killed? Can they escape, yield or be captured and expanded upon in further stories? I have several recurring characters that I used over the years that were more of a for hire type. They were not good or evil, they were gold. Real gold motivated them. When it got horrible they were not fanatics and would and quite often did retreat to return at a later time.

Is this possible currently? If not, any rumors of in the future?

Thanks!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Repost :)

Very nice indeed. One quick question about spanning my ideas into the game. In the way that the foundry works say for instance a boss or the boss of the instanced mission is defeated. Do they have to be killed? Can they escape, yield or be captured and expanded upon in further stories? I have several recurring characters that I used over the years that were more of a for hire type. They were not good or evil, they were gold. Real gold motivated them. When it got horrible they were not fanatics and would and quite often did retreat to return at a later time.

Is this possible currently? If not, any rumors of in the future?

Thanks!
    The best that I can say on this, is that there are a lot of thing you can do. Many don't seem apparent and might take some cunning to accomplish, but man there is so much you can do. I know that's not an answer, but that is the best I can say on things that I cannot talk about.

Public Beta Foundry Testing has started taking applications (see the sticky), so it won't be too long before we can start talking more about things the Devs haven't mentioned already.
    edited March 2013
    The best that I can say on this, is that there are a lot of thing you can do. Many don't seem apparent and might take some cunning to accomplish, but man there is so much you can do. I know that's not an answer, but that is the best I can say on things that I cannot talk about.

Public Beta Foundry Testing has started taking applications (see the sticky), so it won't be too long before we can start talking more about things the Devs haven't mentioned already.

You answered my question pretty well in the way in which you replied. I look forward to playing the game and dabbling in the foundry at some point. :)
  • taitoutaitou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm really looking into the Foundry. We could make a list of users to follow their work.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I plan on making one Campaign to share with every. I love sharing and I love to make others happy.

My top number one reason I can't wait for foundry is making guild events. I want to make a foundry mission that really makes a guild member stand out that guild night. Examples: Only a cleric can lead us through a undead hallway, passageway with so many traps that our rogue has to remove them to let us through, a wall that only someone with a shield can smash through. The possibilities are endless.

I know some of these won't be possible, with exception of using a little RP during the guild night. I can't wait.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

In other content generators I've used this is very much the case. So sometimes to accomplish what you want to do, requires a little "clunky" design and work around, but as you learn the tricks (and others discover them for you and share them), you can do some pretty amazing things.

I've seen in one of the videos that you can script based on players having a certain item on them. That right there, allows you to do some nifty things. The triggers for things look pretty extensive and flexible too, as well as being able to place items/encounters in very precise places, which also allows you to do nifty things. Also the videos show you have quite a bit of flexibility with making NPCs look unique. You can for example, create an entire tribe of Orcs, with a very precise color scheme and look.

All these things I've learned come from looking at the video demonstrations of the Foundry.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!