test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DeathsSickles Info Survey/Poll 1

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey so I thought I might make a simple survey/poll, I do not want this getting out of hand please calmly and in a mannerly fashion answer the questions.

*For clarification purposes when I mention a founders pack I am including, Starter, Guardian and Hero Packs.*
Any Flaming, Bashing, Trolling, Spamming, or disorderly conduct in this thread will not be allowed, I will take action if necessary, even if it means me having to get the thread closed.

1. In two sentences max, what do you think about the drow 60 day exclusivity?

2.(a) Have you bought a founder's pack? If so Which one/ones?

2.(b)Are you going buy a founder's pack? If so which one/ones?

2.(c)Were you willing to buy a pack but the Drow issue changed your mind?

2.(d) If you are not going to buy a founder's pack and it does not have to do with the "recent announcements"(drow and Control Wizard Issues) why are you not going to buy one?

3.(a)Do you think those with Guardian packs should get instant access to vanilla drow?

3.(b)Would you think that Guardians getting it 30 days after release would be ok?

4.(a)Do you think everyone should have instant access at launch to Drow and all other races and classes at launch?

4.(b) If not Why?

a. I recognize this will help Cryptic recoup cash through founder's packs.
b. I believe since Hero's of the North not only bought packs but spent significant amount of money on this game, without it even being released, deserve a exclusivity period.
c.(other)*Please state your reason*

5. Do you think that Cryptic should wait until the Control Wizard or another form of Wizard is ready before Neverwinter is released?

6. What one race would you like added to the game?

7. What one class(ex Ranger, not Archer Ranger just the base class) would you like added to the game?

8. What one area should be added to the game?

9.What one monster should be added to the game?

10.What one thing should be added to Foundry?

11. If you could ask/tell Craig(COO and Executive Producer of NWO) what would you ask/tell him?

12.Would like Holiday events in-game, yes? no?

*13.(a) Would you be ok if all the Basic Races(Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elves, Halfling, Half-Orc, Human) to be free while other races(ex. Monster Races) must be payed for? Yes? No?

13.(b) If no, please explain why.

*14.(a)Would you be ok if all the Basic Classes(Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard) and all of the builds/variants are free, but other classes must be payed for? Yes? No?

14.(b)If no, why?

15. How, without flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR and Marketing, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any?

(optional)How did you like the survey/poll? Do you think it hit some good topics? Are the topics ones that you would like to inform the devs about and how you feel on the topic?

*Yes I did include 3.5 Races and Classes.
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Here is a Template for Answering

2.(a)
    2.(b)
    2.(c)
    2.(d)

3.(a)
    3.(b)

4.(a)
    4.(b)

*13.(a)
    13.(b)

*14.(a)
    14.(b)

(Optional)
    ______

Here are my answers

1. I think it could harm the drow RP and Drow Guild community, and cause some to not play at launch, or at all.

2(a) yes 1 Guardian Pack
    2(b) No
    2(c) N/A
    2(d) N/A

3. Personally I would like to see Guardian Packs get instant access to Vanilla Drow, not because I play it but because what I said in question 1. Also I would be willing to have a Guardian Packs only wait 30 days post-launch before they could play vanilla drow.

4.(a) Yes and No, Yes becaus eI know the exclusivity time could cause problems.
    4.(b) A

5. yes

6. Dragonborn

7. Ranger (because everyone else likes them(personally I prefer Druids over Rangers))

8. Waterdeep or Baulder's Gate I cant decide

9.Currently Id just like to have some animals to fight.

10. Ill get back to you on that...

11. Id tell him currently that a trusted regular forum member should be allowed to represent the forums and speak of complaints, recommendations and more, and this should be done regularly over Skype.

12.I like them so yes

13.(a) Yes
    13.(b) N/A

14. Yes
    14. N/A

15. I think PR and Marketing have definitely had there problems hopefully this stops. I think having active well known Forum members telling them what will be a problem and what probably will not, would help.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    1. Don't care

2.(a) Yes, guardian

2.(b) N/A

2.(c) No

2.(d) N/A

3.(a) No

3.(b) Yes, but don't care really

4.(a)D No

4.(b) Better to provide finished of 4-5 races, classed and allow people to buy more.

5. No.

6. If I had to pick one, dwarf

7. Cleric

8. Spine of the world

9.Duergar

10. Chained adventures / Adventure paths

11. N/A

12. Yes

*13.(a) Yes

*14.(a) Yes

15. People are getting way too upset, things change.
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Good questions. This would be great if it was posted to a survey site like Survey Monkey.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It's a free to download, free to play game. If they want to restrict access to one race for sixty days for whatever reason ('exclusivity" for the Founders being one suggestion I've seen) then I see no problem with it since that's not the ONLY way to play the game.

Yes - the Hero of the North Founder's Pack.

I would have bought the pack even if NO ONE ever was able to play Drow; I would certainly have bought it if EVERYONE could access Drow after sixty days (as seems to be the case) and the fact that as a Hero of the North Founder I can access one immediately does not matter to me.

3.(a)Do you think those with Guardian packs should get instant access to vanilla drow?

No - if we're saying that they are not releasing the generic Drow race to everyone for sixty days because they want the Hero of the North Founder's Pack Menzoberranzan Drow to be "exclusive" for those two months, then it needs to be consistent and affect everyone that did not buy the pack that includes the 'exclusive' race.

3.(b)Would you think that Guardians getting it 30 days after release would be ok?

Yes - the entire idea of a race being exclusive for sixty days is a bit arbitrary, anyway.

4.(a)Do you think everyone should have instant access at launch to Drow and all other races and classes at launch?

Yes - in sixty days, that will be the case anyway, so the only thing having this period of exclusivity does is allow Hero of the North Founders Pack purchasers to level up Menzoberranzan Drow before anyone else.

4.(b) If not Why?

If everyone can make a "vanilla" Drow from launch, the "exclusive" nature of the Menzoberranzan Drow boils down to a little bit of back story text and a few cosmetic differences. While that doesn't bother ME, I can certainly understand where someone might feel that that "exclusive" is NOT that exclusive at that point. But being exclusive for sixty days hardly makes it "exclusive", either, to my mind... their statement that ONLY Hero of the North will EVER be able to have a Menzoberranzan Drow makes THAT "exclusive". It's just a matter of whether one considers that distinction worthy of the "exclusive" label they put on it.

If they were going to make the drow race (in general) TRULY exclusive, they would just bite the bullet and call it a prestige race or something and slap a $10 charge on unlocking the slot, as other MMOs have done for some races/classes. Since they're NOT doing that, this two month "exclusive" thing just seems kind of silly.

5. Do you think that Cryptic should wait until the Control Wizard or another form of Wizard is ready before Neverwinter is released?

I thought the Control Wizard ~was~ ready for release, or WOULD be ready for launch. If they have NO wizard class, they still have the others, and the game was quite fun without wizards. They can always add them later if they have to.

Yes, but thematically linked to the game. In other words, no "Thanksgiving" event but a "Winter Harvest Festival" or something.

*13.(a) Would you be ok if all the Basic Races(Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elves, Halfling, Half-Orc, Human) to be free while other races(ex. Monster Races) must be payed for? Yes? No?

Yes. The game is entirely free and you can play it for free. Being able to play as a Minotaur or something is not something you're ~guaranteed~. It's free, after all: be happy for what you GOT. Also, if they had to be bought, there would be fewer of those strange races around, which would serve the lore better.

*14.(a)Would you be ok if all the Basic Classes(Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard) and all of the builds/variants are free, but other classes must be payed for? Yes? No?

Yes, for the same reason as above. They could release it with "Fighter", "Rogue", "Mage" and "Healer" and be just fine, but they're releasing more specialized and varied classes with yet more to come in the future --- way more than we "need" to play the game. Specialized classes aren't required to play and enjoy the game, so both to minimize their number and of course help fund the game, they should be purchasable.

15. How , with out flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any?

There IS no solution. Back in the day, you did not even KNOW about a game until you saw it on the shelf. Now, we scrutinize every single aspect of a game's development and when it changes --- as such things inevitably do --- people get outraged that the game is not the way they wanted or the way they were "told" it would be. That's annoying enough, but when the game is offered for free download and totally free to play... it boggles the mind how people can be so critical. You're not even PAYING anything, and yet you flame and criticize and rail against the devs for "lying" about some feature that you wanted done such and such a way? It's childish. But that's the internet for you.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think the non renegade version of the drow should be available to people who have/will purchase the guardian pack ($60) from launch.

No I have not.

No I am not.

No applicable.

2.(d) If you are not going to buy a founder's pack and it does not have to do with the "recent announcements"(drow and Control Wizard Issues) why are you not going to buy one?

If I choose to support this game through monetary purchases it will be at my discretion with items I wish to buy through the cash shop.

Yes, definitely.

No.

No.

4.(b) If not Why?

b. I believe since Hero's of the North not only bought packs but spent significant amount of money on this game, without it even being released, deserve a exclusivity period.

Because of the answers given in 1 and 3(a) above. I feel that giving players who "donate" early should have to honor of playing the Drow from the start of the game. However, I do think the race should be offered to non pack buyers (and those who buy the starter pack) with a $10 purchase from launch, otherwise wait the 60 days.

YES!

Dragonborn. (fus ro dah)

7. What one class(ex Ranger, not Archer Ranger just the base class) would you like added to the game?

Ranger.

Luskan

Beholder.

Cannot comment as I do not know what will or will not be included at this time. But most likely some form of teraforming outside maps as I do not believe this is currently possible.

11. If you could ask/tell Craig(COO and Executive Producer of NWO) what would you ask/tell him?

Do you plan to stick to your guns with the information provided in this GDC video?

As long as they do not infringe on the religeons of the respective holidays mentioned.

Yes

Not applicable.

14.(b)If no, why?

Not applicable.

15. How, without flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR and Marketing, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any?

They really should try to keep the players more informed when making changes to things about the game like mentioned in the extended FAQ changes.

(optional)How did you like the survey/poll? Do you think it hit some good topics? Are the topics ones that you would like to inform the devs about and how you feel on the topic?

It was fine, good job.

*Yes I did include 3.5 Races and Classes.

Kudos.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wylie01 wrote: »
    Good questions. This would be great if it was posted to a survey site like Survey Monkey.

thanks Ill get to trying that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thanks Ill get to trying that

I like this version better since I can see people's replies and judge them accordingly :p
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Don't care.

2. (a) No (b) No (c) No (d) The starter level is pointless without beta access, and the ones with beta access are way too expensive. I paid $20 for 24/7 beta access to Firefall. I'm not paying $60 for a few weekends.

3. (a) Don't care (b) I guess?

4. Don't care

5. Possibly. Not having a Wizard is a pretty glaring gap for a D&D game.

6. Warforged. But more realistically, Dragonborn.

7. Swordmage. But more realistically, Monk. There's a class that's perfect for action combat. (maybe its shtick could be non- or at least less-rooted melee combat?)

8. Don't know enough about FR to answer.

9. Whatever they can make interesting and fun to fight. Not really all that attached to particular monsters.

10. I'm hoping there's a way to make Raid-style boss monsters, but it would be tricky.

11. Hold fast against "pay for power" cash-shop items. Don't let allure of short-term money undermine the long-term viability of the game.

12. Sure. There were some fun ones in DDO.

13. & 14. May seem odd based on my answer to 11, but I'm actually OK with selling races and classes provided they are well balanced with the free ones. If that condition holds, then they are selling more game content, not gaining advantage in-game.

15. More clarity on what all the various beta keys will do would be nice.
  • Options
    wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1: I'm fine with it being exclusive. I'm not fine with it changing after people have bought guardian packs (spent $60) based on being able to play drow at launch, then finding out they won't be able to.

2: Yes

3: I don't think guardians have to get access, but I do think if they were told they would get access before, changing it now is wrong. I don't care one way or another about when guardians get it (30 days after etc) as long as whatever was told them before they purchased their pack is upheld.

4: I don't because I think it's a mostly cosmetic option so something that should/could be sold. I do think any promises that were made before people purchased anything need to be upheld though, so if it was officially stated drow would be a playable race at launch, then they should be for anyone who has spent ANY money on the game (even hero packs). Otherwise it's false advertising.

5: Hard question. I don't think they should release the game without a Wizard, but I also don't think they should wait much longer either. If they absolutely can't get the wizard ready, make an open beta (much like Path of Exile) with no more character wipes, but don't call it an official release till the Wizard is ready.

6: I'm personally a fan of Halflings, but I never had a "favorite race" really. I've played em all.

7: Monk

8: I think it's already in, but Gauterdym *sp*

9: I have to pick ONE monster? Argh....I'm sure there are dragons already...but I have not seen them. So Dragons!!

10: Ability to create specialized loot (which has to be approved before being put in game).

11: I'd tell him good job with the game so far and that I can't wait to play it. And maybe suggest upgrading the PR department.

12: Actually, not at first. I'd rather all the resources be spent on increasing number of classes and content in the game. Holiday events are great but I think it's best to focus on content at first.

13: I would be very ok with that as long as the monster races were not better at any one class etc then the basic races (just different). Cosmetic changes or minor differences are a great way to pay for NWO.

14: I would indeed be ok with it, but I can understand why they might charge for them as well, and I would be ok with paying for some of the basic classes as well if need be. I do think a nice selection of basic classes should be free for everyone though.

15: I'm not too happy with them PR/Marketing setup right now. When I bought my founders pack I didn't have that much information to go on (things like Astral Diamonds not being used to buy account upgrades) and so I will probably have to spend more money to buy additional character slots etc eventually (maybe even fairly soon) after the game launches. Now I have been hearing that the game is still in flux and things may change which troubles me since people have spent money based on what they have been told (having drow as a starting class etc). I don't care about drow, but I do care about people not getting what they were told they would when spending money (even if spending the money was optional). I think the PR department should check in with the community a bit more before making announcements (or not making them) and work with some of the members of the community to avoid negative customer reactions as much as possible.

I think it's a good survey although many of the questions probably require more then a few lines for an answer. I hope this does help though and gives people an outlet for their feelings and concerns.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I like this version better since I can see people's replies and judge them accordingly :p
    I was thinking of making the other to be posted on my blog, and maybe see if I can get it on the facebook page cant make a SurveyMonkey one with free account

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Have no real feelings about this (kind of understand why).

2.(a) Nope

2.(b) Nope

2.(c) Nope

2.(d) Will gladly part with my money on things I want (see below)

3.(a) Sounds okay

3.(b) Also sounds okay, but not as okay as 3 (a)

4.(a) Nope

4.(b) Will help fund the game I want to play for a very long time

5. Don't really care about Wizard

6. Goliath

7. BARBARIAN (subtle huh)

8. Icewind Dale

9. Anything I can smash with my axe

10. Bar crawls

11. Get me my Barbarian class ASAP

12. Sure

*13.(a) Yep

13.(b) Nope

*14.(a) Yep (but I would be happy to pay for my Barbarian if it means I can get it quicker)

14.(b) Barbarian - hold on, what was question again?

15. More regular information would be nice especially about future plans for classes and customisation

(Optional) Rock & Roll!
  • Options
    zerickzerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I don't feel it's really necessary and has obviously upset a large portion of customers.

I purchased the Hero of the North Pack

I thought it about it, but I don't plan on buying any other packs before launch.

I purchased my pack the day it was available, so this issue wasn’t a consideration, but I do understand why some players are upset.

I feel pretty happy with the contents of the Hero of the North pack and I don’t feel purchasing any of the other packs is really necessary for my play style.

If they’re doing this for exclusive purposes, then yes I believe Guardian pack purchasers should be able to make a regular Drow.

I feel that everyone getting it from launch would be just fine.

Yes, I’ve always enjoyed Cryptic’s games and I think their Free to Play model is a wonderful idea; I believe granting every player access to all races/classes follows that path.

Tough question because I really want to play asap. I can see it being an issue if it’s not ready for launch, but I don’t personally believe that this is the case.

I don’t think there is any particular race I would like to see. I always loved the variety in D&D.

Definitely two weapon ranger or some dual sword focused class. I realize rogue dual wields, but it’s not quite the same.

Not sure if it’s available yet, but for NPC character’s to follow the player during a foundry mission I create in order to make a more interactive story.

That they made a great game and to keep up the good work, but definitely try to be a bit more careful with the customers. I’m sorry, but the 60 day Drow thing just doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Definitely yes; I’m a lifetime subscriber since day 1 of CO and the events have always been fun.

For now I would say no.

Only to stick with the principle of the Free to Play model, but I do understand they need to make money. I guess it depends how the customer base would take it since they wouldn’t be the regular races.

Again, for now I would say no.

14.(b)If no, why?

Again, just to stick with the principle of the Free to Play model. They do need to make money, so they would have to feel it out with their customers.

I do feel they should give more explanation about the things they promote. I actually never really had any issues, but I have to admit the 60 day Drow thing was just a bad move on their part. I’m sure there are better ways to make cash and I don’t believe most Hero of the North purchasers would care.

I think it’s a good idea to help Cryptic understand how the customers feel, as well as trying to do it in an ordered manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is kind of random, but what the heck.

1. It's a moneygrab. I'm not that surprised, and tbh I'd rather it be something like this instead of limiting access to gameplay; I'm a lot more concerned about the wizard.

2.(a) Yes, Guardian ($60).
    2.(b) No.
    2.(c) No.
    2.(d) N/A

3.(a) Don't care.
    3.(b) Don't care.

4.(a) No.
    4.(b) c. Cryptic/PWE needs to make money, and selling races/classes is one way of doing it. It's not really different than the many upcoming races/classes (buyable through the cash shop) in my view.

5. Leaning towards yes. It's such a D&D staple that a delayed implementation doesn't make sense. If it was a third warrior class or a second cleric class - sure whatever, go crazy!

6. Gnomes because they're awesome.

7. Psion.

8. Sigil-- oh, we're in FR. Meh, no preference.

9. No preference.

10. Based on my years of COH experience... a better browse/search/rating system. I posted about this at length in a suggestion thread before, and will probably collect my thoughts in a megathread after the Foundry forum opens.

11. What will happen when there are hundreds of thousands of Foundry quests, and people still only keep playing the ones in the first 10 pages over and over (and possibly other quests made by those authors)?

12. No preference.

*13.(a) Yes.
    13.(b) -

*14.(a) Yes.
    14.(b) -

15. While I understand what you're doing, it's kind of harsh to do it like this. Probably feels like a bait-and-switch to a lot of people (not me). I'm also feeling a bit short-changed by what I get in the $60 pack, but I just look at it like paying the box price for a B2P game, so I guess it's ok for what it is.

(Optional) The questions are kind of all over the place. I liked it, though. ;)
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it doesn't affect me personally as I have no desire for a Drow, but I feel bad for all the players who had their heart set on one, including at least one all-Drow RP guild that has just been kneecapped.

$60 founder

I don't have $200 to blow on the first class ticket.

Because I have no interest in Drow, I knew I would never buy the $200 package, with its many Drow elements.

$200 is too much to spend unless I'm getting a monthly stipend out of it, like I do in CO and LotRO, both of which I am lifetime member at.

it doesn't matter to me, but it might help my fellow Drow players. So yes.

Why try to split the baby? Either give it at launch or hold it. Holding it less time doesn't actually solve the problem.

Yes. But by "access" I want to note that buying it for Zen or diamonds is fine by me, because everything in the Zen store can be bought for free by those willing to put the time in grinding diamonds.

4.(b) If not Why?
    Put it in the Zen store and let's move on.

I can't believe cryptic would launch this game without a wizard. Hurry it up and get it in. Don't pause the game; bust your *** and finish.

Genasi

warlord

no idea.

owlbear

social maps: no monsters or rewards, unlimited number of players can enter at once.

what is the intended time value of an astral diamond? That is, how many astral diamonds is the "baseline" for, say, an hour of play?

sure!

you can put all the races in the cryptic store, I don't care.

you can put classes in the cryptic store, I don't care.

I can't figure out how marketing allowed players to discover this Drow/wizard/halfling issue. They should have been making the announcement and shaping the message.

Its too long for Cryptic devs to find useful. Next time, make three questions focused on one thing: Drow. Class. Founder Pack. Etc.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not being able to read a detailed response by PW/Cryptic about the topic, I'd have to stick to "A mistake". I can appreciate the intention of increasing the "exclusivity feeling" but... nope, this is not a good way.

Hero of the North pack. No luck with contests so far.:p

No. Between other things, that would mean that Hero packs should get access to it too (in addition to Menzoberranzan Renegade one).

No. Either everybody gets the common drown on release, or everybody waits the 60 days.

YES! If they are ready, they should be available for everyone.

Yes.

Dragonborn.

Being forced to say base class, I'd say Fighter (Tempest...). Trying to say something different, Paladin.

Waterdeep(Undermountain).

No preferences.

I'd need to play with the Foundry first!!! T_T

Probably nothing. Marketing would get int he middle.

If they are themed by the lore, ok. Otherwise, no way.

Altough I prefer all races to be free, I'd not oppose to have non faerunian races and monster races to require Zen. Your list lacks Drow and Genasi as basic races for Forgotten Realms. There are Devas too. And Tieflings...

No.

14.(b)If no, why?
    Your list lacks classes like the Monk, Shaman,... and for me are as basic as the ones you mention. Plus I'd consider "True Basic" the ones in the first Player's Handbook (4E). Oh, and all classes should be free, variants or not.

I'd do a better job. And at the same time I'd suck because I prefer honesty and not smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    1. Doesn't bother as long as they will be free for everyone later on.

2.(a) No
    2.(b) No
    2.(c) No
    2.(d) Not interested enough in the founder items to spend money.

3.(a) Yes
    3.(b) Sure

4.(a) That would be nice, but I'm not bothered unless they restrict tieflings.

5. 5 classes including the control wizard is enough at launch for me.

6. Changeling

7. Warlock

8. Luskan

9. Beholder

10. Spectator mode for the DM

11. Release date

12. Not interested

13.(a) Yes

14.(a) Yes

15. Cryptic should just give us the information when everyone who have beta keys can access the beta. Hiding information like when the PC Gamer keys give beta access is a cheap move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I don't think it is fair to take what has been bragged about from long term and short term followers of this game which in most cases were used to hype this game to friends away just like that. If it were explained since the founder's pack were introduced that would have been ok, but not this way. It doesn't start a good relationship between Neverwinter Team and their fans of this game. Also it really is a hard thing to take especially since a RP Drow guild has been planning on it since their inception.

I haven't yet.

Yes, most likely a guardian pack.

N/A

N/A

I think all players should have access to the vanilla drow from launch. The Menzo Rogue Drow is unique in and of itself, in my opinion.

They should either make it free for all from launch or go with the 60 day thing.

Yes.

Yes, in my opinion it's not DnD without an arcane class.

Dragonborn

Ranger.

Water Deep along with Undermountain.

Beholder.

Will reserve my wants or opinions until I can get my hands on it.

Thanks for making this game, please don't lose focus on what you have said is important, and that was to Listen to the players about feedback ie; Likes, Dislikes, Wants, and Desires, post launch.

Yes, but as said before Thematically utilized from FR lore, no thanksgiving, no valetine's day, or easter and such.

Yes. I think this is a great idea, Minotaur, Orc, Ogre, Goblin, Illithid, LICH, ect

No, it was discussed and said by Cryptic after the merger with PWE that all Content (quests, areas, ect) and Classes would be 100% free to Play.

They really need to communicate with the community on what we want because to quote Craig from the NOCS #2 "Post launch this game will belong to the community." What they do now (as seen with the Drow debacle) can and will affect this game and it's community now and post launch.

Great Job Death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Deliver what you promise. If developers two weeks ago said drow will be in at launch, have it in at launch.

2.(a) Guardian
    2.(b) No.
    2.(c) I was willing to do the upgrade, but the business model has changed my mind. I'm not playing drow, mind you.
    2.(d) I was on the fence initially about the lack of character customization visible in making my avatar or differentiating it from others. I was on a wait and see future beta weekends mindset.

3.(a) I'm not playing drow, so it doesn't affect me. Might help the announcement - at least those who could afford it. It was stated numerous times that drow would be in at launch, would be free, and it's now "changed". It's not a positive business model.
    3.(b) I personally don't care.

4.(a) Yes. Because... that's what the CEO and numerous devs (during live streams) said to the press, promised to their customers. Drow would be free, and in at launch.
    4.(b) N/A.

5. Yes. Again, promised five classes at release. Not "trying for" not "we are trying to get in", but flat out "there will be". Stick to your word (and honestly, a DnD game without a wizard?). Note again this was all said for months, and up to two weeks ago in an interview with the Lead Developer.

6. Eladrin

7. Assault Swordmage.

8. I can't answer this as during my BWE, I didn't see all the areas included. The overland map seemed pretty thorough for the key areas of interest.

9. Again, trick question; didn't see all the monsters added. At level 1-30? Rust monsters :D

10. Didn't see the Foundry, so can't really answer this. I'd say what they already announced they would deliver after release - group content creation.

11. I'd tell him that he should value add, not delay finished features. Especially when they were announced all along. Don't make this a "Drowgate". So many companies go that route; why be one of them?

12. Of course. Specifically FR-themed holidays.

*13.(a) I honestly don't consider it. Charge what they need to charge, just (at release) deliver what you intend. Granted, JE did say classes and races wouldn't be charged for (in a vague statement), but I honestly don't care. Make your money how you can (you are a business).... just don't go back on things stated to the press (and recorded on video). Bad precedent.
    13.(b) NA.

*14.(a) Sure.They have to make money somehow. That's a valid way (to me).
    14.(b) N/A

15. All they have to do is stick to what they said in a number of interviews, dev live feeds, dev journals, and previous (non-revised) FAQ statements. But even though I'm not playing nor ever will play drow, it's a poor move PR-wise. "Things change" works for major features not yet coded. PvP. Foundry. Not for content which you already told your customers would be present.

Best way to keep your PR in? Deliver what you promise.

(Optional)

The survey is pretty professional. You seem to be doing a better job at managing the community than people hired to do so (not being facetious, just straightforward).
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Don't care. The worst thing about it the sky is falling over reactors.

HotN+GoN

I was thinking about buying some more as gifts but, super slacker PWE doesn't have any way to do it.

N/A

N/A

Don't care and can't answer this without the truth about why the change to 60 days was made.

Don't care and can't answer this without the truth about why the change to 60 days was made.

4.(b) If not Why?

C: None of these answers takes into account that we have NO facts on why they did it to begin with. Without that, IAB.

Doesn't matter to me I have no opinion on it.

Are there cat people in 4E don't remember? Cat people.

Paladin, but I don't want to play one. A friend does.

Waterdeep but not fully detailed, just a few blocks in each ward so people can make their own "blocks"/"neighborhoods in whatever ward they want and detail it out.

One eyed one horned flying purple people eater. No seriously without knowing what is available I can't say for sure. I would actually like the ability to create new creatures with a "Chinese menu system" for their powers, so I could create my own "race of baddies" for my plot lines

See above, or to violate the question a "Chinese menu system" for creating my own loot for dungeons look and stats(even just the item that goes in the treasure box in the end. I wouldn't mind creating 30 different versions of the item level 2 to 60 one at each even level so the loot was equal to the level of the person going through the adventure mostly.

Where's the Beef?!?!? Ok, more seriousy why in the name of the nine hells did they design this game to take less time from 1 to 60 than it took to complete NWN1. Seriously. Where's the BEEF??

Yeah, they are cool.

Yup a mans gotta eat.

N/A

Hmm. I guess it depends on the price. $5 a class? Sure, $10 sure, more and it might get a little sticky. Not because I wouldn't pay for what I want, but because I think others wouldn't. Again a mans gotta eat.

14.(b)If no, why?

N/A

I don't think anything is broken (except that I would have rather seen the game built under 3.5 edition. 4th edition is a "vicious, life-sucking ***** from which there is no escape". ;) ). That doesn't mean they won't colossally screw up in the next 24 hours though (Murphy is the cruelest god of all).
    Now unfinished? Yeah I would like to see a skill system and a real feat system not this talent tree stuff.

I thought it was moderately okie dokie in a dead mans words. ;) the multiple choice number 4 questions make an assumption and are leading, you should get rid of them a good poll should not have leading questions. Other than that it is well written and put together.

*Yes I did include 3.5 Races and Classes.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. If this had been declared before money had changed hands, then it would be acceptable. Making this decision after money has been exchanged, and especially in the sneaky manner in was handled, is unacceptable.

2.(a) Purchased Guardian Pack
    2.(b)
    2.(c) If I had not already purchased a pack but was thinking of purchasing one, the manner in which this was handled would have convinced me to wait.
    2.(d)

3.(a) I think everyone should get access to the vanilla Drow. They should honor what they previously laid out.
    3.(b) I don't think that would actually improve anything. Honor the original intent.

4.(a) I think everyone should have access to all the races, including Drow and Halflings at launch. Also access to five classes, anything beyond the first 5 they can charge for.
    4.(b)

5. I think we definitely need a wizard/sorcerer type at launch.

6. Aside from Halfling and Drow, maybe Dragonborn.

7. Either some sort of melee cleric, or Bard

8. Hard to say until we see more of what is in game. Would be nice to have Waterdeep or the Dales in an expansion.

9. I'd like to see cult of Asodeus and other sinister groups represented.

10. Ability to add temporary disguises or gear for players, or to strip them of their gear (sort of an escape from prison scenario)

11. Improve communication please.

12. I'd like the FR holidays to be in game.

*13.(a) Yes
    13.(b)

*14.(a) Yes. I'd pay money for a psionicist class
    14.(b)

15. Communicate openly. No one enjoys delivering bad news, but don't edit an old faq and figure its better if people stumble across it on their own.

A very good survey.
  • Options
    neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited February 2013

I think it is a unnecessary move that shows disregard to normal drow players, and is an insult to the D&D lore.

no

no
    yes

no
    no

Drow yes, if there are balancing issues with other race/classes i would understand them being delayed.
    4.(b) If not Why?

Drow yes, if there are balancing issues with other race/classes i would understand them being delayed.

yes

giant

warlock

city siege on the walls

shades

real-life no, lore yes

yes

yes
    14.(b)If no, why?

PR is not good. please stop the ninja editing of the faq and the 'don't know' answers to user's questions. and don't get me started on the fact that we were led to believe that vanilla drow would be in at launch, and then they pull the drow.
  • Options
    jaelrinyajaelrinya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. It is a bad move. They are already alianating part of their playerbase before the game is even released.

2.(a) I bought a Gurdian of Neverwinter pack.
    2.(b) I was going to buy a Hero of Neverwinter pack but something else came up that has priority at the moment.
    2.(c) The drow issue has noting to do with my decision to not buy or buy one of the founders packs.
    2.(d) Because I'm going to invest the money into some Warhammer Skaven miniatures ;).

3. No. Guardian packs don't have anything in them that would justify to treat them any different than normal F2P players regarding the drow race.

4.(a) Yes. Many people assumed that the drow would be playable for everyone at launch and there are a lot of players excited about starting their all-drow guilds and whatnot. So why not? Would be much better than having a whole bunch of players very disappointed and ragequitting the game before it even launched...
    4.(b) N/A

5. Yes. They already have very few classes and reducing the extremly meager choice from 5 to 4 would hurt the game. The wizard is also a very iconic class.

6. Gnomes.

7. Bard.

8. Waterdeep.

9. Aboleth.

10. Creation of social zones for more than 5 players.

11. Why not delay the release of Neverwinter a few additional months and put in some more classes?

12. Yes.

*13.(a) Yes.
    13.(b) N/A.

*14.(a) Yes.
    14.(b) N/A.

15. If they want their players to respect them, they have to communicate much more and much clearer and make choices that don't alianate players from the game or give them the assumption that they have to dish out $200 to play the race that they want to play.

(Optional) Good idea. Maybe Cryptic gets a much better feel for what the playerbase is expecting and what they accept and how they actually can market their products better so that everyone is pleased.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Doesn't effect me anymore. I don't think its right.
    NO

I might get one for my son. 60dollar one. Prolly spend 30 to 50 on me and wife at launch, unless pack is way better deal then I will get us all 3 packs

NO
    I would like to see the store. There is alot of stuff I really don't need in any of the packs, I need character slot, bags, foundry slots(if they charge for them) stuff like that.

I think everyone should get instant access
    They are going to do what they want to. I think they should get instant, just like everyone else.

I think drow yes, after that they need to charge for new races to make money
    4.(b) If not Why?

Yes they shouldn't launch a game with a broken wizard, or without a ranged class.
    Don't really care have my DWARF, human and prolly one elf rogue
    Swordmage... Not good on DnD but the mage that can act as a tank.. would be fun.

Not sure don't know everything in it yet... add NPC that can fight alongside of you maybe. Even if its minimal damage. Oh scratch that Group Dungeons and eventually 10man raids. That woudl be amazing
    Is Dwarves your favorite? if no I would give him a good FACE PUNCHEN. If yes hug him and go drink beers together... then whisper in his ear. Prolly not a good ider about the drow lad...
    YEAH and HELL YEAH... I love holiday events and I know alot don't. I am a RP and I still like Holiday events. Even if it doesn't fit game.
    NO
    I think they should charge for any race after the launch races
    NO
    14.(b)If no, why?
    I think all classess after the 5 launch classess should cost money they need to make money somehow and I don't want to see armor and weapons ever being sold
    Its not to bad, some stuff really really should be announced by them. This whole drow thing. But the couple week forum raffles is pretty awsome, they given out shirts before. Thats pretty sweet I think.

I thought survey was just fine.
  • Options
    mistral94mistral94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1. Don't care and I wouldn't even if I was on the side not getting them. 60 isn't the end of the world.

2.(a) Hero and Guardian
    2.(b) I already bought both and starter pack doesn't interest me.
    2.(c) No
    2.(d) N/A

3.(a) I don't care if they do or do not
    3.(b) Yes

4.(a) I think that everyone should have access to all classes and races for free, however I do not care if there delays in some people getting them as long as they do eventually. By eventually I mean in a timely manner not 6+ months down the road.
    4.(b) N/A

5. Control Wizard is ready...it's in the next beta weekend.

6. Goblins although I have no idea how they would make it work.

7. Druid

8. Icewind Dale

9. I don't know every monster currently in the game so I cannot answer this at this time.

10. The ability to make group content with the difficulty of Cryptic's 5 man dungeons.

11. I hope you fixed the issue with Celestial coins and if you have then all I have to say is good job on the game.

12. Yes, just make them D&D themed.

*13.(a) No, any and all races/classes should be free. There are other ways for Cryptic to make money. *coughMOUNTSANDMINIPETScough*
    13.(b) See 13a

*14.(a) No. See 13a
    14.(b) See 13a

15. They are doing fine. People get upset about inane things all the time.
  • Options
    sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. I think some damage control needs to be done due to how unclear and easily misread their information was.

2.(a) no
    2.(b) undecided, guardian
    2.(c) I was still undecided before, but that and any future decisions like it will affect my ultimate purchase.
    2.(d) I don't care about drow or wizards personally and I'm already in the beta, but if I don't buy a pack, those issues will definetely have factored in my decision.

3.(a) Was it reasonably misinterpreted that they would be? If yes, then yes.
    3.(b) If 3.(a) is out of the question, sure.

4.(a) Was it reasonably misinterpreted that they would be? If yes, then yes.
    4.(b) n/a

5. No, but I don't expect it to come to that. If they can't make the deadline and it does happen, there are more serious problems to worry about.

6. Shifter

7. Monk

8. Underdark

9. quicklings

10. cutscenes

11. Communication with community seems to be an issue and will end up negatively affecting the feedback that was supposed to help you make a game the players want.

12. yes of course

*13.(a) no
    13.(b) Who defines basic and with what criteria? It seems somewhat arbitrary. I've never liked it in other games and if not used arbitrarily, its usually a Pay to Win issue.

*14.(a) no
    14.(b) I don't like this in any game because it always feels like being penalized for having a different play style.

15. Regarding drow...
    ---They should do a soft launch with a release of the game upon open beta applying Early Access to the open beta.
    ---Run with the open beta game release for at least 60 days, with no wipes, giving Hero Packs their exclusivity.
    ---Officially launch with drow making it harder for people to say you didn't keep your word about launching with drow.

(Optional) I wanted to answer Valorous Bard for question 7. This survey hits on issues that have been key concerns of late. Its definitely something the devs could use.
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

No impact to me at all. I fully expect many races and classes to be buy to play.

I got the guardian pack to try beta.

I may get the HOTN pack if a guidly really wants to try beta.

Nope

n/a

No. I fully realized it did not come with any races.

Again, no. It does not come with any races.

Should or will? I think despite what Cryptic has said there will be MANY more instances like this regarding both races and classes.

4.(b) If not Why?

c.(other)*Please state your reason* ---- They will monetize many things in this game, this is just the first step.

Yes.

Deva, Shifter, Genasi (storm esp but all), Gnome . . . Basically they should release the core races (PHB 1-3 as well as the FR setting races).

Class? Swordmage. They are going to add ranger, Swordmage would be cool for next ups.

HUGE Open world outside Neverwinter.

Owlbears

Puzzles. the ability to have puzzles and require skill checks to get past things.

Give us Full Classes not Templates!

Depends on how well they are done. I would like them to be Faerun holidays and not ours.

Yes. I do not mind if they are pay to have. I would gladly pay for Deva, Genasi, etc.

n/a

The BASIC Classes are all the classes in the PHB 1-3 and all Supplements from there. I do not mind charging for classes as a way to monetize the game, but realize PHB 1 is NOT the only handbook and all others are also considered CORE.

14.(b)If no, why?

n/a

Marketing could be much better. They need to announce if they plan on giving us full classes (ie freefrom rogue, etc.) and they need to keep an open line of communication with us. Neverwinter Thursdays or something where they talk about a feature, upcoming classes, etc.

Nicely put together.

*Yes I did include 3.5 Races and Classes. This is *mostly* 4e. :P
  • Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think it is very fair.

HotN

yes

no

N/A

Sure

yes

No

4.(b) If not Why?

yes

Dragonborn

Vampire

Guild Housing

Zombie

Nothing

How many PvP maps will be in game on release ?

yes

yes

yes

14.(b)If no, why?

I think should make a fourth Founders Pack to bridge the gap from $59 to $200. I would make the price $110.

I thought you did a great job !
  • Options
    falleniciclefallenicicle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    1. I think the exclusivity is a terrible idea. They should be doing everything they can to make people excited for this game, instead they're making them angry.

2a. No.
    2b. No.
    2d. $200 is an outrageous price for some extra stuff. That's 4x what I usually pay for entire games!

4. Yes.

5. Yes. Releasing the game without a wizard class would be a cataclysmic mistake.

6. Genasi.

7. Warlock.

8-10. Since I don't know exactly what monsters, areas or foundry features are going to be in the game, I can't answer these questions.

12. Yes.

13 & 14. I don't mind having to pay for new races or classes, as long as the cost is reasonable (like around $5-10 or so).

15. You have a great game, please don't ruin it with terrible marketing ploys.
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. To me, the exclusivity strikes a good balance between rewarding the people that poured $200 into the game before it even released and sticking to their "no pay for content" policy.

2.(a) Yes, Guardian
    2.(b) Nope.
    2.(c) Nope.
    2.(d) Not in the Drizzt fan club and too much of the starter kit stuff is per account instead of per character.

3.(a) No.
    3.(b) Maybe.

4.(a) Yes, except drow.
    4.(b) b. I believe since Hero's of the North not only bought packs but spent significant amount of money on this game, without it even being released, deserve a exclusivity period.

5. Not sure. From what I played BW1 a wizard wasn't necessary to get through fights, so that issue is out the window for now. I guess it would come down to do they release a fantasy MMORPG without a arcane spellcaster and lose fans? Or delay launch and lose fans? I'm for whatever keeps the community and the game stronger.

6. I'd like to see the Genasi added, especially since they are native to the forgotten realms. I'd like to see them eventually add all the main races from forgotten realms, and none that aren't found in the campaign setting.

7. Probably Paladin. Or Warlock. Depends if I'm having a good or evil day...

8. Not sure until I see more of what's already in the game. I would like to see it slowly spead out into some of the other areas, possibly as far as areas like Waterdeep. It would be great potential for PvP/RvR. Likely a few years post-launch.

9. Taking down that Dracolich from the vids would be fun!

10. Not sure until I get a chance to play around in the foundry for myself.

11. Get more variety ASAP! With how restrictive the class progression is something, or a lot of somethings, is/are going to be needed so that characters don't get boring.

12. Yes!

*13.(a) No.
    13.(b) It goes against what they've been saying on two accounts: There's the pay for content thing they've said they won't do. Also, most monster races are powerful races. It turns the game into pay to win as well.

*14.(a) Not sure what other classes you're referring to?
    14.(b) See above.

15. They need to get the details figured out *before* they make an announcement, and run their media by several people that aren't as familiar with it as they are! It seems like every announcement is followed by a small number of questions asked over and over again, that could have easily been answered in the announcement if it was re-worded a little. And they're followed up by clarifications that come across as completely different from the original announcement. Most of the time I don't pay attention to announcements anymore and wait a week until they actually get it sorted out and clarify what they actually meant to say.

(optional) I think anything that lets the community weigh in on the game during development is a good thing that will hopefully help Cryptic improve the final product. Cheap, easy market research!
  • Options
    viaxusviaxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    1. Thought it was a dastardly move by the powers that be to sneak in information like that. Also, completely unnecessary to withhold the drow race for 60 days, give us the option to unlock it atleast.
    2.(a) Nope
    2.(b) Nope.
    2.(c) Definitely yes!
    2.(d) Has everything to do with the drow issue.
    3.(a) Yes.
    3.(b) No, available on launch.
    4.(a)Yes, atleast the option to unlock the race.
    5. Yes
    6. Duergar
    7. Ranger
    8. Underdark
    9.No idea.
    10.Option to expand the current cap of 5 people playing in UGC at the same time.
    11. Improve the communication between devs and players.
    12.No.
    *13.(a) Yes
    *14.(a) Yes
    15. How, without flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR and Marketing, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any? Worst I have seen in any game in development. Spend more time on the forums giving us concrete answers, and do not answer with "Information coming soon"!

(optional) Very good poll! Touched on the most important topics! Thanks for doing this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]