test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DeathsSickles Info Survey/Poll 1

2»

Comments

• stoermcstoermc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1. I think the way it has reached the public was bad marketing for the game and leaves a somewhat fishy taste. This could've been handled better, especially because Drow have been promised to be in for launch several times.

2.(a) Yes, Guardian Pack.
    2.(b) -
    2.(c) -
    2.(d) -

3.(a) Yes.
    3.(b) Probably makes no difference, because you already got attached to a different main by then.

4.(a) Yes.
    4.(b) -

5. Yes. Because Wizard-like spellcasters are iconic classes for DnD and they need to be in at launch.

6. Genasi (yeah it's a trick, all four of them please :p)

7. Druid

8. Spine of the World and Icewind Dale

9. Beholders

10. The ability to create and tag for 5man content.

11. If he would accept me as an alpha tester, because I have an extensive background regarding quest and world design from prior games and I'd love to help test everything about the foundry. Because I think its a great tool.

12. Definately yes.

*13.(a) No.
    13.(b) Since that goes against the philosophy of not blocking people from content through cash walls as stated several times in interviews by the devs.

*14.(a) No.
    14.(b) Same reason as 13b.

15. I think the strong points about their marketing are definately the interviews and videos. Their presentation on the website and especially the structure and flow of information on the forums is something that needs some work. Stuff like the 'Vanilla drow incident' shouldn't happen and by now, we should have at least one statement where someone apologizes for the bad handling of the subject. It doesn't effect me, but I can see that it stalls the excitement for a lot of people because it looked sneaky and fishy at first glance.

(Optional) I like the idea, but I don't know if you are aware of the work you have burdened yourself with this thread. Free form surveys are one of the hardest things to evaluate. If you need some help with that, hit me up.
    Neverwinter Community Moderator

Code of Conduct - Extended FAQ - PM me
  • korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    1. I think it a poor marketing that has led up to this and it should have consequences for PW/Cryptic for misleading players.

2. No

2. No.

2. No.

2. The pricing of the product is too high with the limit of the offers and information of the game as it is right now. You truely do not know what you get for this price. Also if you buy it and you do not like the game as is, then you just wasted 200$ which in a totally different aspect would feed over hundreds of poor people in Africa?!

3. No.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Definately!

6. Dragonborn.

7. Avenger.

8. No preference.

9. Terrasque!

10. DM control for the creator when the content is used.

11. I would tell him to respect his playerbase to a much greater extend than what is currently the case and learn to shut up his marketing department when they can't seem to give correct information to the public.

12. It would be a nice touch, but it should much rather use Forgotten Realms holidays and events.

*13. No. Everything should be purchaseable by ingame currency, but making it easier accessable by real life money, giving casual players a chance to stay with the grinding part of the playerbase.

13.Everything should be purchaseable by ingame currency, but making it easier accessable by real life money, giving casual players a chance to stay with the grinding part of the playerbase

*14. No.

14. Everything should be purchaseable by ingame currency, but making it easier accessable by real life money, giving casual players a chance to stay with the grinding part of the playerbase

15. I would say that they should talk to the marketing team of Runes of Magic. They were informative, explaning why things happend when they did and what actions they would take. They did not make promises that they didn't keep and in general had a great relationship with their community. In plain, they should learn to treat their customer as a customer and treat these customers as they would have liked to be treated themselves. A true employee would always ask for what the customer wants, within the limits of their production and being polite, understanding and eloberative on all actions taken by their part, informs the customer and gives satisfying information. That is what I would say to the PR team.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. In two sentences max, what do you think about the drow 60 day exclusivity?
    Doesn't really bother me, the guys who spent $200 should get something exclusive for the money. 60 days is not too bad.

2.(a) Have you bought a founder's pack? If so Which one/ones?
    Yes, Guardian.

2.(b)Are you going buy a founder's pack? If so which one/ones?
    -

2.(c)Were you willing to buy a pack but the Drow issue changed your mind?
    -

2.(d) If you are not going to buy a founder's pack and it does not have to do with the "recent announcements"(drow and Control Wizard Issues) why are you not going to buy one?
    -

3.(a)Do you think those with Guardian packs should get instant access to vanilla drow?
    No, leave the Drows to the Hero pack buyers, that is what they paid for. Drow should be available to unlock in the C-Store.

3.(b)Would you think that Guardians getting it 30 days after release would be ok?
    Don't care

4.(a)Do you think everyone should have instant access at launch to Drow and all other races and classes at launch?
    No

4.(b) If not Why?
    c - The free to play should be one of each type of class: one Fighter, one Damage Dealer and one Healer. Special classes should be available in the C-Store (similar to DDO). This gives us a decent amount of players, people can have a good sneak preview of the game and gameplay and if you want more you can have it.

5. Do you think that Cryptic should wait until the Control Wizard or another form of Wizard is ready before Neverwinter is released?
    Don't care :P

6. What one race would you like added to the game?
    Gnomes

7. What one class(ex Ranger, not Archer Ranger just the base class) would you like added to the game?
    Warlock, which will be at some time I hope.

8. What one area should be added to the game?
    I haven't seen everything yet and not sure if the area isn't included already.

9.What one monster should be added to the game?
    Aribeth as ghost :P

10.What one thing should be added to Foundry?
    Haven't seen it yet and don't know if already included. Voiceover would be nice to have with own audio files or maybe a set of words/sentences to choose from.

11. If you could ask/tell Craig(COO and Executive Producer of NWO) what would you ask/tell him?
    CAN me hav Alpha Key PLZ!

12.Would like Holiday events in-game, yes? no?
    Maybe, if it is not too itching. Then what countries holidays would you take? Nothing like national holidays for example but christmas would be nice with weather change etc.

*13.(a) Would you be ok if all the Basic Races(Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elves, Halfling, Half-Orc, Human) to be free while other races(ex. Monster Races) must be payed for? Yes? No?
    b - No, they should have only normal races, I don't want to group with an elephant-man, bear-man, cockroach-man or something.

*14.(a)Would you be ok if all the Basic Classes(Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard) and all of the builds/variants are free, but other classes must be payed for? Yes? No?
    Yes, they should be all available for everyone and as stated above some might need to get unlocked in the C-Store.

15. How, without flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR and Marketing, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any?
    dunno
  • desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013

--- I think the exclusivity is fine for the Drow, 60 isn't a bad length really. Could have been a year.

--- No

2.(b)Are you going buy a founder's pack? If so which one/ones?

--- Very tempted to. Also very sad the $19.99 gets no beta access.

2.(c)Were you willing to buy a pack but the Drow issue changed your mind?

--- Nope, the Drow means nothing to me.

2.(d) If you are not going to buy a founder's pack and it does not have to do with the "recent announcements"(drow and Control Wizard Issues) why are you not going to buy one?

--- The prices seem a little high for a free to play title; however, my opinion my change if I ever get to play beta.

3.(a)Do you think those with Guardian packs should get instant access to vanilla drow?

--- Not really. If someone is willing to dish out $200 for a game they haven't played yet, they at least deserve the exclusivity.

3.(b)Would you think that Guardians getting it 30 days after release would be ok?

--- Perhaps. The race is not a concern of mine.

4.(a)Do you think everyone should have instant access at launch to Drow and all other races and classes at launch?

--- I don't think so. There is nothing wrong with exclusive items in a free to play title.

4.(b) If not Why?

--- There is nothing wrong with exclusive items in a free to play title. People deserve something for the money they've spent.

--- b. I believe since Hero's of the North not only bought packs but spent significant amount of money on this game, without it even being released, deserve a exclusivity period.

5. Do you think that Cryptic should wait until the Control Wizard or another form of Wizard is ready before Neverwinter is released?

--- No. No mmorpg title ever releases finished. They are constantly evolving creatures. WoW for instance launched with no PvP!

--- Gnome

7. What one class(ex Ranger, not Archer Ranger just the base class) would you like added to the game?

--- Paladin

--- My favorite city was always Waterdeep. I know, too big...

--- Lich

--- Dungeon narration option of some kind. Could be text.

11. If you could ask/tell Craig(COO and Executive Producer of NWO) what would you ask/tell him?

--- Being cash shop based, is Neverwinter going to end up a pay to win title?

--- Yes

*13.(a) Would you be ok if all the Basic Races(Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elves, Halfling, Half-Orc, Human) to be free while other races(ex. Monster Races) must be payed for? Yes? No?

--- Yes

13.(b) If no, please explain why.

---

*14.(a)Would you be ok if all the Basic Classes(Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard) and all of the builds/variants are free, but other classes must be payed for? Yes? No?

--- Yes

14.(b)If no, why?

---

15. How, without flaming, bashing, etc. do you feel about PR and Marketing, and what steps should be taken to fix things if any?

--- I think more PR/Marketing couldn't hurt. I don't see banner ads, nor have I heard it on many peoples lips. Yet...

(optional)How did you like the survey/poll? Do you think it hit some good topics? Are the topics ones that you would like to inform the devs about and how you feel on the topic?

--- This has been a great survey. One can only hope that good will come of such a free flow of mass opinion.
  • elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited February 2013

Drow should be removed from any game ever. No, seriously, it doesn't bother me and the reaction of people to that is ridiculous.

Yes. Guardian.

No.

No.

No.

4.(b) If not Why?
    a, b and c: I would love to see Cryptic try for a really weird LoL-like model that allows you to have all the classes and races content for free after a limited time of exclusivity(let's say 30-45 days). During that time these classes and races can be bought with astral diamonds(ADs). It is important that it would be for AD and NOT ZEN!!! There are several positive factors that arise from that: 1. Cryptic gets some revenue for pushing new stuff out. 2 They provide a constant need for ADs to those who do not play regularly but want to try the newest stuff immediately and thus - ZEN to be traded for the ADs through the auctioning system. 3. The regular players can buy the content immediately if they wish to because they will have enough ADs because they play regularly. 4. Everyone gets the content for free after a certain amount of time and new players are welcome to all the content previously release for free.

If that kind of model succeeds we can expect pretty much monthly new classes and races.

I'm not sure what the deal with the wizard is as there is no official info on that. I would love to play it but it is not really needed.

Wilden

Swordmage

Too many to choose from. Cannot do it now.

Lady of Pain... but no way of defeating or killing her... and yeah, I know it is not possible in this setting right now because of all the 4th edition storyline stuff.

3 things. Temporary buffs. Extensive scripting. PvP... and welcome DotA Neverwinter!

"Don't listen to haters. You are doing great!" - technically 2 things.

NO!

Both Yes and No.

See 4(b).

Both Yes and No.

14.(b)If no, why?

See 4(b).

They really should give more info about plans for the future.

(optional)How did you like the survey/poll? Do you think it hit some good topics? Are the topics ones that you would like to inform the devs about and how you feel on the topic?

It is kinda good. Or more likely - it is good if you are a D&D fan, if not most of these things are not really that interesting to you.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I think the exclusivity should be for the Renegade Drow. The normal Drow should be available for all because it's been an announced race for over a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • ardellekardellek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think a temporary exclusivity period is a poor way to market a founders' pack or collector's edition: it adds nothing new and is just a temporary switch (feels cheap tbh:(). I would much prefer a purely cosmetic, but permanent, perk for founders.

Hero of the North

2.(b)(c)(d) Are you going buy a founder's pack? If so which one/ones?

n/a

Yes, but I think everyone should get access to the Drow. (Or everyone should have to buy it in the cash shop, but obviously better for everyone just to have access)

I don't like exclusivity periods for the reasons stated above.

Yes. It's a F2P game, so I can understand that future classes/races must be bought, but starting with a 2 class society sends the wrong signals IMO.

4.(b) If not Why?

n/a

Yes!! All the announced classes should be available and thoroughly tested. If that means delaying so be it. Launching with fewer classes and then adding the control wizard in the cash shop shortly afterwards would look awful IMO.

Not too clued up on my DnD, but I think adding half-human races (like celestial, elemental... is planetouched the right technical term?) would be cool to add more visual customisation.

Druid. (Or Spirit Shaman?:confused:?) No, Druid. I think.

I only know NWN1&2, so based on those? Undermountain or the flying city (SoU)

Rakhshasa (sp?), on the basis that I seem to remember they're on some world-domination trip. I like the idea of megalomaniac cats:D

Haven't had the chance to play around with it, so I don't know!

What would make me play the game in 3 years' time?

I generally don't like being forced/enticed to play at particular times. That said, if it doesn't take up too much dev time, more is always, er, more

I would be okay with that provided there isn't anything that only Monster Races can do/have access to (even if still balanced). For me personally, race should be about appearance/feel not mechanics. But I could accept it if all future races must be unlocked with cash.

n/a

Tbh, PW/Cryptic need to make money somehow. Provided all roles are covered with 'free' classes and all classes are balanced, I would be ok if all future classes must be paid for. But, yeah, if they can make enough money without this, of course I'm ok with all basic classes being free. I'm ok with absolutely everything being free;): anyone else not having access to something does nothing for me!

14.(b)If no, why?

n/a

People are unforgiving about anything that smacks of 'broken promises' or a cash grab. So think even harder about anything you announce - is there a real risk you'll have to change it later on? If yes, then don't announce it. In fact, I don't understand the reliance on big "announcements" to generate publicity. If I see alpha/beta footage I know everything can change, but once you make something official...
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It sounds OK. It gives players something to anticipate
    Guardian of Neverwinter

No. The Hero buyers deserve to have exclusive access to drow for the first 60 days. They made a decent investment in the game.
    I wouldn't argue about getting it after 30 days. I won't cry if I don't. 60 days is not too long to wait.

No, see 3a.

b. I believe since Hero's of the North not only bought packs but spent significant amount of money on this game, without it even being released, deserve a exclusivity period.
    BINGO!

No. They will likely continue rolling out new classes as they become ready. I'd rather have a well-rounded class that is worth playing than a crappy one that was rushed. That said, I don't think they should push back the release date for it.
    Grippli or Bullywug. Frog-people FTW!!!
    Druid

A swamp of some kind.

Displacer Beast

Yes, players expect it. Find a way to make it work within the existing game lore.
    Aren't Dragonborn a "monster" race? Charging for special races / classes makes sense to me.

Fine by me.

Thank you for this great question.