test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make the call! The next 4 classes released are...

13»

Comments

• ivanthehareivanthehare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Monk
    Ranger
    Avenger(although I think they will need to make choice of deity affect gameplay before implementing this)
    Bard
  • zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd give anything for a monk so here's my list:
    1. Monk
    2. Warlock
    3. Psion
    4. Ranger
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited February 2013
    Be lucky to get 1 new class after release within the first year, and id presume itll be a archer/ranger
  • edward37edward37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Ranger
    2. Druid
    3. Sorceror
    4. Barbarian
  • adras42adras42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just really want to see a druid class....... I was so excited for this game until I found out that a druid was not in the cards so

Druid <
    This one most PLEASE
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Monk
  • bruckbantembruckbantem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Paladin
    Swashbuckler
    Barbarian
    Inquisitor

...we can include Pathfinder classes, right? XD
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the way there doing the classes not strait from the book and limiting what powers you chose we may seethese next.

1) warlock
    2) ranger (melee to start fallowed up by and option for ranged later, a tree to chose powers or some thing maybe)
    3)Paladin (another tank class or if they want just an optional path for the defender and heavy weapon fighter which i think would be better)
    4) I think if they would just do the other paths as another tree to choose from would be better than releasing a whole other class as in the 4th its just a matter of power choices (example control wizard and war wizard are both the wizard class just with differant power choices) so you could buy from the store the war wizard path then when you go to make a wizard you chose to fallow one path or the other. But they did make the shield and the single weapon fighter two classes so who knows
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What I want:

1. Dragon Sorcerer
    2. Assault Swordmage
    3. Telepathic Psion
    4. Tactical Warlord

What is likely:

1. Scourge Warlock
    2. Brawny Rogue
    3. Battle Cleric
    4. Archer Ranger
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • maltheistmaltheist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What I would like to see:
    BARD
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Druid
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cant see Barbs making it since their is little difference between them and great weapon fighters in terms of game mechanics. Their abilities would be more or less the same.

Would have rather see them making a Barb then a great weapons fighter to be honest.
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Archery Ranger definitely
    Scourge Warlock definitely
    Battle Cleric already talked about so definitely
    last... paladin would be nice we'll see
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Hardly. The guardian fighter is a completely different concept, since it doesn't even require affiliation to a code of conduct.

Warlock is a completely different thing. It's a spellcaster that gets power from a deal with a powerful overworldly entity. The wizard is "merely" a scholar.

Ack, I'm confused.

I've read the Neverwinter books by RA Salvator, and I thought the Warlocks had psionic powers? I mean, I know the warlock was dealing with demons/imps and stuff....wow...now that I think of it the bolts etc he used were not very psionic. I just naturally thought of a warlock as being psionic and placed all of his powers he used in the "psionic tools" set.

I've been totally thinking of warlocks as a different type of character.

Now i'm not as interested in them:(
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just so you all know here is a almost compete list of classes and races for 4th edition D&D

Classes

Wizard (Sha’ir) Controller Arcane Intelligence, Constitution Heroes of the Elemental Chaos
    Wizard (Bladesinger) Controller Arcane Intelligence, Dexterity Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Wizard (Witch) Controller Arcane Intelligence, Wisdom Heroes of the Feywild
    Wizard (Arcanist) Controller Arcane Intelligence; Constitution, Dexterity, or Wisdom Multiple Sources
    Wizard (Mage) Controller Arcane Intelligence; Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma Heroes of the Fallen Lands

Rogue (Thief) Striker Martial Dexterity; Strength or Charisma Heroes of the Fallen Lands
    Rogue (Scoundrel) Striker Martial Dexterity; Strength, Charisma Multiple Sources

Ranger Striker Martial Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom Player's Handbook
    Ranger (Hunter) Controller Martial Dexterity, Wisdom Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
    Ranger (Scout) Striker Martial Dexterity, Wisdom Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Druid Controller Primal Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution Player's Handbook 2
    Druid (Protector) Controller Primal Wisdom, Constitution, Dexterity Heroes of the Feywild
    Druid (Sentinel) Leader Primal Wisdom, Constitution Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Sorcerer Striker Arcane Charisma, Dexterity, Strength Player's Handbook 2
    Sorcerer (Elementalist) Striker Arcane Charisma, Constitution Heroes of the Elemental Chaos

Warlock Striker Arcane Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence Multiple Sources
    Warlock (Hexblade) Striker Arcane Charisma; Dexterity or Constitution Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
    Warlock (Binder) Controller Arcane Charisma; Dexterity or Intelligence Heroes of Shadow

Paladin Defender Divine Strength, Charisma, Wisdom Player's Handbook
    Paladin (Blackguard) Striker Divine Strength, Charisma Heroes of Shadow
    Paladin (Cavalier) Defender Divine Strength, Charisma Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Fighter (Knight) Defender Martial Strength, Constitution Heroes of the Fallen Lands
    Fighter (Slayer) Striker Martial Strength, Dexterity Heroes of the Fallen Lands
    Fighter (Weaponmaster) Defender Martial Strength; Dexterity, Wisdom, or Constitution Multiple Sources

Assassin Striker Shadow Dexterity, Charisma, Constitution Dragon Magazine 379
    Assassin (Executioner) Striker Martial Dexterity, Charisma Heroes of Shadow

Bard Leader Arcane Charisma, Intelligence, Constitution Player's Handbook 2
    Bard (Skald) Leader Arcane Charisma, Intelligence Heroes of the Feywild

Cleric (Templar) Leader Divine Strength or Wisdom; Charisma Multiple Sources
    Cleric (Warpriest) Leader Divine Wisdom, Constitution Heroes of the Fallen Lands

Barbarian Striker Primal Strength, Constitution, Charisma Player's Handbook 2
    Barbarian (Berserker) Defender and Striker Martial Strength, Dexterity Heroes of the Feywild

Warden Defender Primal Strength, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 2

Battlemind Defender Psionic Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma Player's Handbook 3

Artificer Leader Arcane Intelligence, Constitution, Wisdom Eberron Player's Guide

Runepriest Leader Divine Strength, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3

Warlord (Marshal) Leader Martial Strength; Intelligence or Charisma Multiple Sources

Invoker Controller Divine Wisdom, Constitution, Intelligence Player's Handbook 2

Seeker Controller Primal Wisdom, Strength, Dexterity Player's Handbook 3

Psion Controller Psionic Intelligence, Charisma, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3

Swordmage Defender Arcane Intelligence, Strength, Constitution Forgotten Realms Player's Guide

Shaman Leader Primal Wisdom, Constitution, Intelligence Player's Handbook 2

Ardent Leader Psionic Charisma, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3

Avenger Striker Divine Wisdom, Dexterity, Intelligence Player's Handbook 2

Monk Striker Psionic Dexterity, Strength, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3

Vampire Striker Shadow Dexterity, Charisma Heroes of Shadow

Now from what i have seen these do not match with the names of some of the classes in game but might give an idea of what is next or not

Hybrid classes not a single class so may be a power choice in game or some thing don't know?

Hybrid Assassin Striker Shadow Dexterity, Charisma, Constitution Dragon Magazine 385
    Hybrid Warlock (Binder) Controller Arcane Charisma, Dexterity, Intelligence Dragon Magazine 402
    Hybrid Barbarian Striker Primal Strength, Constitution, Charisma Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Monk Striker Psionic Dexterity, Strength, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Vampire Striker Shadow Dexterity, Charisma Dragon Magazine 402
    Hybrid Avenger Striker Divine Wisdom, Dexterity, Intelligence Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Assassin (Executioner) Striker Martial Dexterity, Charisma Dragon Magazine 400
    Hybrid Warlock Striker Arcane Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Ranger Striker Martial Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Rogue Striker Martial Dexterity, Strength, Charisma Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Ardent Leader Psionic Charisma, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Cleric Leader Divine Wisdom, Strength, Charisma Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Warlord Leader Martial Strength, Intelligence, Charisma Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Paladin (Blackguard) Striker Divine Strength, Charisma Dragon Magazine 402
    Hybrid Sorcerer Striker Arcane Charisma, Dexterity, Strength Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Druid (Sentinel) Leader Primal Wisdom, Constitution Dragon Magazine 402
    Hybrid Runepriest Leader Divine Strength, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Shaman Leader Primal Wisdom, Constitution, Intelligence Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Artificer Leader Arcane Intelligence, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Bard Leader Arcane Charisma, Intelligence, Constitution Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Battlemind Defender Psionic Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Warden Defender Primal Strength, Constitution, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Fighter Defender Martial Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, Constitution Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Paladin Defender Divine Strength, Charisma, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Swordmage Defender Arcane Intelligence, Strength, Constitution Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Paladin (Cavalier) Defender Divine Strength, Charisma Dragon Magazine 402
    Hybrid Druid Controller Primal Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Seeker Controller Primal Wisdom, Strength, Dexterity Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Invoker Controller Divine Wisdom, Constitution, Intelligence Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Wizard Controller Arcane Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity Player's Handbook 3
    Hybrid Psion Controller Psionic Intelligence, Charisma, Wisdom Player's Handbook 3

Races

Llewyrr Elf Dragon Magazine 405
    Gold Dwarf Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Moon Elf (Eladrin) Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Shield Dwarf Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Sun Elf (Eladrin) Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Wild Elf Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Wood Elf Neverwinter Campaign Setting
    Human +2 Any Medium Multiple Sources
    Half-Elf +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom Medium Multiple Sources
    Satyr +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution Medium Heroes of the Feywild
    Shade +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence Medium Heroes of Shadow
    Pixie +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence Tiny Heroes of the Feywild
    Drow +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom Medium Multiple Sources
    Tiefling +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution Medium Multiple Sources
    Vryloka +2 Charisma, +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity Medium Heroes of Shadow
    Hobgoblin +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma Medium Monster Manual
    Gnoll +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity Medium Dragon Magazine 367
    Bullywug +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity Medium Monster Manual 2
    Revenant +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma Medium Multiple Sources
    Kobold +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma Small Multiple Sources
    Githyanki +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence Medium Monster Manual
    Warforged +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence Medium Eberron Player's Guide
    Mul +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom Medium Dark Sun Campaign Setting
    Dwarf +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom Medium Multiple Sources
    Duergar +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom Medium Monster Manual 2
    Wilden +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Dexterity Medium Player's Handbook 3
    Kenku +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence Medium Multiple Sources
    Goblin +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom Small Multiple Sources
    Halfling +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma Small Multiple Sources
    Shadar-kai +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom Medium Dragon Magazine 372
    Elf +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom Medium Multiple Sources
    Thri-Kreen +2 Dexterity, +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom Medium Dark Sun Campaign Setting
    Bladeling +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom Medium Manual of the Planes
    Razorclaw Shifter +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom Medium Player's Handbook 2
    Hengeyokai +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma Medium Dragon Magazine 404
    Githzerai +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence Medium Player's Handbook 3
    Changeling +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity Medium Eberron Player's Guide
    Gnome +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity Small Player's Handbook 2
    Eladrin +2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma Medium Multiple Sources
    Deva +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma Medium Player's Handbook 2
    Shardmind +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma Medium Player's Handbook 3
    Dragonborn +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution Medium Multiple Sources
    Orc +2 Strength, +2 Constitution Medium Monster Manual
    Goliath +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom Medium Player's Handbook 2
    Minotaur +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom Medium Player's Handbook 3
    Bugbear +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity Medium Monster Manual
    Half-Orc +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution Medium Multiple Sources
    Genasi +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution Medium Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
    Kalashtar +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence Medium Eberron Player's Guide
    Hamadryad +2 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma Medium Heroes of the Feywild
    Longtooth Shifter +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength Medium Player's Handbook 2
    Svirfneblin +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength, +2 Constitution Small Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook

Most races are just a visual choice sort of heard 1/2 orc and dragon born some time after launch?

any way that may take
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »
    Ack, I'm confused.

I've read the Neverwinter books by RA Salvator, and I thought the Warlocks had psionic powers? I mean, I know the warlock was dealing with demons/imps and stuff....wow...now that I think of it the bolts etc he used were not very psionic. I just naturally thought of a warlock as being psionic and placed all of his powers he used in the "psionic tools" set.

I've been totally thinking of warlocks as a different type of character.

Now i'm not as interested in them:(

Hehe unfortunately warlocks are "just" demon dabblers :D

Psionic classes in 4e are Psions, Battlemind, Monks (yes, they are psionic in 4e) and Ardent. Probably what you had in mind as "psionic power user" was the Psion, which is basically (and thematically, since it uses intelligence and earn powers by "learing them") a psionic wizard.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • kalvorakkalvorak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited February 2013
    I imagine Archer will be the next one followed by the Scourge Warlock. After that I'd personally love to see a Druid and a Swordmage sounds cool. Are Druids able to "tank" in 4e?
    edited February 2013
    kalvorak wrote: »
    I imagine Archer will be the next one followed by the Scourge Warlock. After that I'd personally love to see a Druid and a Swordmage sounds cool. Are Druids able to "tank" in 4e?

Technically no: druid is mostly a controller, but it has also a leader build. But there are a couple builds which are really sturdy, and were used as off-defender quite often. I'm talking about Guardian Druid (pre-nerf) and the sentinel druid animal companion, which, at low level, is really good if DM takes the bait, since it's able to heal any amount of damage at the end of the encounter with only one surge.

St. Augustinus
  • falleniciclefallenicicle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Archer Ranger, Scourge Warlock, Protecting Paladin, War Wizard.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Druid
    Ranger
    Bard
    Paladin
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't know all the classess in D&D, but I sure would make a healer and a tank. Those are usually the hardest to find in a group and if there is more options there maybe be more played. I would love to see a swordmage if I am correct it can be a tank? I would play that in a heart beat.
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1. Swordmage
    2. Ranger
    3. Druid
    4. Warden
    COME WITH ME !
    edited February 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    I don't know all the classess in D&D, but I sure would make a healer and a tank. Those are usually the hardest to find in a group and if there is more options there maybe be more played. I would love to see a swordmage if I am correct it can be a tank? I would play that in a heart beat.

Swordmage is a defender, yes, and basically the most "pure" one. I think it's going to be put in the game quite soon, since it's one of the staple builds in FR.

St. Augustinus
  • drewbert1drewbert1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Druid
    Warlock/necromancer

With paladin/ranger being most likely. I don't believe 4e had a necromancer type of class, which is what I would have preferred, but the game is going to need something for the darker sorts. And wow never did have a necromancer class, despite it's popularity back in the diablo days... neverwinter could cash in.
  • kilroy9661kilroy9661 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: Paladin!!!! My fav class.
    2: Ranger (With archery)
    3: Battle Cleric
    4: Necromancer
  • jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1 - Monk
    2 - Same as #1
    3 - Same as #2
    4 - Same as #3