test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make the call! The next 4 classes released are...

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    First off, since there's a Nature skill in game that's not assigned to anybody, we know they're going to release something before long that has that skill. So that tells you probably Ranger or Druid. Since Druid is PH2, and they'll likely stick with PH classes in the beginning until they've got at least two options in each role (Tank, DPS, and Healer), we can logically assume Ranger is forthcoming.

Now let's look at what primary and secondary roles they're covering:

Great Weapon Fighter: DPS/Tank
    Guardian Fighter: Tank/DPS
    Control Wizard: Controller (AKA Ranged Tank)/rDPS
    Devout Cleric: Healer/rDPS
    Trickster Rogue: DPS

DPS is pretty covered. Healer isn't. Tank is better than Healer, but less covered than DPS.

So, after Ranger, they need more Heals and Tanks. That makes Paladin the obvious next choice. So, I'd say first we'll get:

1) Two-blade Ranger. (DPS/extra companion is Tank, DPS, or Heal)
    2) Protecting Paladin. (Tank/Healer)

At that point, melee is saturated, and some more range is desperately needed. We've left out two base classes entirely, but Warlock doesn't fit the "builds are classes" mechanic very well, and whatever this is they're already working on it, so they probably aren't going to do a "pick your pact" mechanic this early, so we probably skip Warlock some more and go with:

3) War Wizard. (rDPS/rTank (aka controller))

Now it's time to go off the track. All those disappointed Mastermind players from CoH are clamoring for pet classes, and sticking with the "builds are classes" mechanic means Warlocks and Warlords, which are fantastic choices in a pen and paper game where special effects are key, would be Borelocks and Borelords if implemented as-is in an MMO, so we introduce our first true pet class:

4) Infernal Warlock. We make him just like a Mastermind; his pets do all his damage, and he just supports them. Effectively, this makes him (DPS/Healer).
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going scourge warlock, an uncertain build melee ranger but likely two sword style (marauder or two sword build,) Virtuous Paladin and that's it. If forced for a fourth class, I'd expect Bard but not sure what build. Personally rather see it next. I'm also expecting Half Orc and Dragonborn for races, and am hoping for a future Eladrin but not expecting them first though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seriously can we please have the bard. How can you have a Neverwinter game without a bard?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm also expecting Half Orc and Dragonborn for races, and am hoping for a future Eladrin but not expecting them first though.
    As much as I like Dragonborn, adding extra races based on "Human with ....." seems easier for Cryptic. An Eladrin would seem easier to get than a Dragonborn, which would feel more like expansion material.
    imho
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1.) Pursuing Avenger
    2.) Isolating Avenger
    3.) Avening Paladin
    4.) Swordmage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1) Defender - Protecting Paladin
    2) Striker - Archery Ranger
    3) Controller - Predator Druid
    4) Leader - Cunning Bard
  • irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Ranger (with a skill tree that you can put points to be either range or melee)
    Paladin
    Monk
    Druid
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Archer Ranger Scourge Warlock
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Derp Ranger
    Tone Deaf Bard
    Shifty Monk
    Damn Hippie Druid
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Member Posts: 818 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    1- Ranger

2- Bard

3- Paladin

4- Barbarian

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    A leader of The Blackwatch Defenders
  • whitedrgn579whitedrgn579 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they will add all the secondary builds for the current classes first:

Battle Cleric
    Brawny Rogue
    War Wizard

Then add Ranger builds(Archery Ranger, Two-Blade Ranger). Maybe another arcane class after that like Warlock(Builds: Deceptive Warlock, Scourge Warlock).
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they will add all the secondary builds for the current classes first: Battle Cleric, Brawny Rogue, War Wizard and then add Ranger builds(Archery Ranger, Two-Blade Ranger). Maybe another arcane class after that like Warlock.
    Listen to NOCS - some kind of ranger and scourge warlock are in works.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger

Brawny Rogue

Warlock

Paladin
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Battle Cleric
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Sorceror
  • allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i for myself would like to see those and monk aswell.
  • kentheprogrammerkentheprogrammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2013
    1. Ranger
    2. Warlock
    3. Battle Cleric (my personal fave play style)
    4. Paladin
  • kentheprogrammerkentheprogrammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2013

Battle Cleric
    Brawny Rogue
    War Wizard

Then add Ranger builds(Archery Ranger, Two-Blade Ranger). Maybe another arcane class after that like Warlock(Builds: Deceptive Warlock, Scourge Warlock).

I think that stands to reason. I think the primary reason people are thinking Rangers and Warlocks first have to do with the nature skill that nobody has yet along with people seeing bows in-game and also the people who've data-mined the files and found references to scourge (Warlock). Other than that anecdotal evidence, I think there's a very real possibility that they'd fill out the 3 archetypes that don't yet have secondary sub-classes before introducing new archetypes.
  • kellax3kellax3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Druid
  • napherinapheri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ranger (gotta have this soon!)
    Monk
    Druid
    Pally
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Listen to NOCS - some kind of ranger and scourge warlock are in works.

And he seemed to really want to do a Bard also.
  • kyssumikyssumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited February 2013
    I'd have to go with:

Ranger
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Druid or Bard
    "Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.
  • torqumadatorqumada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Illusionist, Assassin, Psionicist and Bard

Torqumada
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Those two i'm sure will be next
    Ranger
    Warlock

Maybe
    Bard and druid or another build from Wizard or Cleric
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm not really familiar with D&D4 roles but if my assumptions about the following their related roles are correct:

Striker - (Fey*) Warlock
    Defender - Paladin
    Controller - Druid
    Leader - Bard

*my main consorts with Fey :p
    2. Warlock
    3. Bard
    4. Ranger: Archer
  • darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013

Battle Cleric
    Brawny Rogue
    War Wizard

As much as i want a ranger , this does make sense the way they have the two warriors allready set up.

Battle cleric would pretty much be a paladin,brawny rogue would pretty much be a two weapon ranger,War wizard could be the warlock/elementalist.

My wish list if only 3

ranger/specialize in either melee or range

Paladin/specialize in either healing or tanking

war wizard specialize in either elemental/shadow
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    ranger
    paladin
    druid
    warlock

is my guess
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Druid - Controller
    Paladin - Defender
    Runepriest - Leader
    Ranger - Striker
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Ranger
    Sorcerer

Given...

Paladin is a good guess I'd feel.

Lastly I'm going for..... The Globe Trotters, it's time for another Globe Trotter cameo, no?
  • rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    (Battle) Cleric
    Druid
    Monk
    Ranger
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.