test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    otherfallenotherfallen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At last! All abandoned Dungeon masters of the world, time for your homecoming! Return all to Forgotten realms and made Gygax feel proud...! ;)
    19.jpg
  • Options
    eventideeventide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely do both. there is even a chance I'll spend more time in the foundry than playing the game :P
  • Options
    velarenvelaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely play UGC from the Foundry as well as make content of my own. I"m really looking forward to playing Neverwinter but I'm even more excited about getting my hands on the Foundry.

Velaren
  • Options
    velarus32velarus32 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definately on both accounts!
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    yh i cant wait to make my pnp adventure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    70 pages of people who will be either using the foundry to create or benefiting from those who do. This is why it is going to work.

I have played D&D since the 70s with the little boxed set booklets and yet the best thing about this game is not that it is based on the 4e ruleset. I started playing in Greyhawk but fell in love with these Forgotten Realms when they were first released and ran a campaign in them that lasted many years and yet that too is not the best thing about this game. I loved the action combat I saw this last weekend. It's like you took the best parts of several recent and successful action combat MMOs and came up with something that surpasses them all, but even that is not the best part of this game.

The best part, really, is the Foundry. Unleashing the creativity of this community is what makes this a D&D game though and through. D&D is not a system, nor is it a world. D&D is a community that creates and tells stories. That is what's happening here and it is bigger than all of us.

And sorry but I already have both packs. Yeah, I am that excited. So good luck to everyone in this thread. (Although I wouldn't complain if you sent me a code for the pack that I could pass on to a friend)

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    charlieiicharlieii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course! Not only play, but I certainly want to try my hand at making new content myself.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For sure. Looking forward to try and conquer peoples hard work. Looking forward to making my own devious dungeons.
  • Options
    murdernicklemurdernickle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not really to start with. I'll check out what others make and maybe down the line I'll give it a go
  • Options
    gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on living in the foundry, both in terms of playing user content and creating it.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • Options
    mistermijmistermij Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am really curious to see how exactly the foundry works..for me , it is the most interesting feature of the game..!
    I will sure try to create some content.. as for playing other's ..hm.. why not! Praise creativity..!
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a STO Foundry author and someone who has wanted to play D&D forever (but never had a chance due to entry barrier and lacking a group to do this with) I'm really looking forward to playing in the Foundry. I can't wait to get my hands on it and really wish there were a Dev Blog/Video regarding working in the Foundry. As I understand it Neverwinter's Foundry is far superior to that found in STO.

Odds are I'll spend as much time in there as I will in Neverwinter proper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope to find some quality adventures in the foundry as well as try my hand at creating.
  • Options
    dangelofliesdangeloflies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will 100% be playing the Foundry, love the Idea of creating content not just for friends, but an entire community.
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I will likely look at the foundry, whether i decide to make anything I am not sure. I will most likely play some foundry created stuff, specially if it is well designed and fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    mightlqmightlq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It wouldn't be D&D if we couldn't create content. I have enjoyed playing and creating since the D&D first came out. I also love playing others creations. YES I WILL be playing
  • Options
    allanlayallanlay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course we will be playing Foundry content. Isn't that a given?
  • Options
    loliconbainloliconbain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh yes! I wonder how varied is the stuff we can use.
  • Options
    landofshishilandofshishi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a DM myself, it's for sure ill play foundry content as well as make some myself
  • Options
    shamesonshameson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a long time DnD player and Dungeon Master, I would love to create and play adventures made by other players too. Creativity is what make a fantasy game great and funny, and no game can beat one born from the mind of someone who loves Role Playing Games and MMORPG, expecially if they are DnD based, best fantasy ever existed! The possibility of creating your own adventure and make it enjoyable for others is something that adds something more "social" and cohesive to something that has already reached an unconceivable level of awsomeness, and the game has not even been released!!!
  • Options
    runnyrunnrunnyrunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very much Looking forward to Playercreated content,
    especially if some of the creators of content for Neverwinter Nights 1&2
    are creating something,it will be awsome.
  • Options
    falcogoodbodyfalcogoodbody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I intend to use the Foundry so much. In fact, I've developed an interesting plan to join my tabletop Neverwinter Campaign with the MMO. My plan is to create missions in-game that can integrate with the story of my tabletop 4e dnd campaign and run special online sessions to help visualize the campaign world. I can't wait to get my hands on the Foundry!
  • Options
    napherinapheri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Player made content IS Neverwinter! Most people that played NWN1 remember playing some recreated modules from AD&D like "The keep on the Boderlands" and the Giant Series. I really hope some of these classic adventures are recreated by the community. I did some creating for our PW in NWN1 and really had a blast. I look forward to getting my grubby little fingers in the Foundry and making some fun stuff.
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be playing other players content, as i still only tried Foundry in STO, still don't know much about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    robert076robert076 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely be doing Foundry content, and also dabbling in it myself.
  • Options
    wakawikawakawika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    Will i play it ?
    Yes, sim, si, ari, yey, ja, ej, hai....freaking YES.

So funny how i thought this game already looked amazing, the gameplay smoothly and polished to the bone, and yet you still have this 'user content' with foundry that i didnt even know about...So many features...Man i hope we get to play this BEFORE may.

I hate when i get addicted to a game thats's not out yet...its like being in love, you watch other cute girls around, but you don't care, all you think about is that special one...no other girl matters now, i've tried playing other games, no matter how good they are, if its not NWO, i'm not playing for more than 2 days ;/.

Please release soon >.<
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and yes.

Also, I PRAY that said Foundry gets back-ported over to Champions Online. Oh, and we get our devs back from NW, too, whenever it launches.
  • Options
    coalfax71coalfax71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will most definitely be playing foundry content! That is one of the draws to the game in general: the public will be able to add to the content and creation efforts of the game at large. Time will tell as to how creative the public will end up being with the access, but it is a great addition to an online game of this type.

As to if I will create content myself, I'd have to see how easy the tools are to use, and what my imagination can come up with when the time comes to create! (what one can and cannot do inside the engine)

Still, looking forward to experiencing the game, and thanks for this opportunity to gain access!
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, why not. It'll be interesting to see this system at its full potential, compared to the version currently operating in STO.
  • Options
    ironykxironykx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will test and play the foundry! Will remind me the times of good old brainstorming when I sued to DM for a bunch of friends!
    Every hamster has his day!
This discussion has been closed.