test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    draxonflydraxonfly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What a silly question... Yes of course I will.. to both, play and make... Silly questions are just silly... ;p
    draxonflynw1.jpg
  • Options
    ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    Not only will I be playing it, I'll try my hand at making some. As a long time DM I can't wait to see what I can accomplish in the Foundry!
  • Options
    jebavajebava Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will be playing Foundry content and I'll try to create some too.
  • Options
    jaxshroomjaxshroom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    It will be great, something new and creative, cant wait to try it out :) And if u pick me to win it will be even greater ;)
  • Options
    korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Yes.

It will be exciting to see player creations and how their adventures might even become quite popular as well. It gives an opportunity to place your character in a different setting than the game itself and try out new challenges, so looking very much forward to it.
  • Options
    cartalgashcartalgash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to see just how creative the community can be with Neverwinter, it would be great to see some quality content from both the devs and the talented fans that can actually use the tools to build levels XD
  • Options
    feanturfeantur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is one of the perks that make this game unique. I'll play content made by players as soon as I've tried the official content once or maybe even sooner.
  • Options
    maxcitedmaxcited Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course i will !!! I'm going to try and create content that i was always thinking about, involving Ammon Jerro !!! And much more ...
  • Options
    raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    i will do both actually. so far i have been part of several communities with tools like that. the neverwinter games of course, but also vampire the maskerade redemption (does anyone still remember that ^^) or star trek online. i found a lot of awesome fanmade content, so it would be a shame not to try that out. in neverwinter nights and vampire the maskerade redemption i did create content as well, and it was a lot of fun. even though a lot of work too ^^
  • Options
    grimrod614grimrod614 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is actually what allows players to achieve what they did when D&D was pen and paper..meaning CREATIVITY ! Player content can be downright spectacularly implemented so I can only imagine the old school goodness the Foundry will mean for the playerbase. As a former DM and a player of the old first generation basic set I can only say bring it on !
  • Options
    morningstar921morningstar921 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It will be exciting to try both!! I Can't wait.
  • Options
    deadlynexusdeadlynexus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I sure will, because I would like exercise my creativity with The Foundry feature to see what creations I will come up with! :) I believe this feature is a very innovative feature to have in an MMO, it adds a level of fun and excitement to see your creations being played by others :) Also I'd be happy try everyone elses' content as well :) I'm REALLY looking forward to using the Foundry and the game itself :) Keep up the good work Cryptic!
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    You bet I'll play foundry content. I'll also fry my hand at making some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hascainehascaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Creating content and experiencing content made by other players has always been fruitful both to the community and to the developers. Of course I will try the content and I will be creating some adventures on stories I have written yet never actually try to implement them inside a game. I think this a great opportunity for players to put their own thoughts inside a world which resembles their thoughts.
  • Options
    pekasnipespekasnipes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be playing a lot of the community created content from the Foundry, and cant wait to create many of my ideas that I will be constantly flooding the Foundry with.
  • Options
    w00dw0sew00dw0se Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the game. I loved what the Neverwinter Nights toolkit was capable of and I have great hope of the Neverwinter Foundry.
  • Options
    devilkeptdevilkept Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely. I expect this to be one of the big draws of the game.
  • Options
    greythorkgreythork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As most people have said in this thread. I absolutely will try the foundry. It's probably the most unique element that separates NW from the other MMO's out there, and as a former PnP DM I'd love to flex those creative muscles again!
  • Options
    heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely. I look forward to both playing and creating content using it.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As long as the content is really 'well made/serious' I'll definitely play it (I really hope we don't see stuff like 'xXXxSuperGauntlet2kEventxXXx' in the foundry page, that would be such a shame). I'm really looking forward to try the toolset out and as long as it isn't super, super, hard I'll definitely create some of my own content. Really nice that you guys (Cryptic) got to create the game, because the foundry is a great tool for a game based of the DnD universe. I'm so looking forward to this.
  • Options
    jonpawljonpawl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will definitely be using adventures from the foundry and will hope to build my own as well.
  • Options
    jaybonautjaybonaut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, although I will likely wait to get a grip on the game mechanics first and naturally try official content first also.
  • Options
    moranthusmoranthus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will ABSOLUTELY play Foundry content - I was a huge consumer of player content in the original Bioware Neverwinter Nights. I know from experience that such a wide and talented player base WILL create compelling adventures. I will also CERTAINLY be making my own content - in fact it's a major draw for me.
  • Options
    cassive3cassive3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is this like DDO from eberron?
  • Options
    hughzy9hughzy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Without a doubt I'll be playing foundry content as soon as some is available. Going to be one of the best features of this game!
  • Options
    wildestpvpwildestpvp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was so impressed during the beta weekend that foundry modules were already rolling out that seemed pretty well put together... I already ran through two of them... I'm definitely excited for more.
  • Options
    echoedsilenceechoedsilence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. User made content in a Dungeons and Dragons based game is perfect! Bringing in ideas and creations via the Foundry is the perfect way to expand the universe and content while still giving players quality material to have fun with. After all, the best D&D games are the one where the DM has full control over his creation of the encounter/scenario.
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited February 2013
    Hmmmmm, I think both. I will probably play other people's content til I get a feel for it, then work on some of my own for fun. :)
  • Options
    astralechoastralecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a number of unfinished NWN campaign ideas that I'd love to finally flesh out and bring to a wider audience, so I'll definitely be building content for the Foundry! I also plan to play through a good deal of it, as I love all the classes so far but I've never been one to level alts due to not wanting to play through the same quests twice. Being able to level off of Foundry content will allow me to level as many characters as I want, and hopefully never have to play the same campaign more than once.
    astralsig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitment
  • Options
    ryowulfryowulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Yes and yes, well maybe. I'd like to try and make an adventure.
This discussion has been closed.