test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Will you try content made by other players?

Probably, though I may avoid ones with a lot of negative marks.

I am curious though what kind of ... certification? verification? process it goes though. Like I don't want to jump into an adventure and find out all the orcs 'tak lie diz, yo' and 'yo, you need to go find my demo CD ya'll', and such. :eek:
    Will you create new adventures yourself?

I'm actually seriously considering the $200 founders pack to get 'day one access'. ;) I expect I'll start designing stuff 'on paper' after I get into the beta and give things a look. (I already have an entry from a PAX key.) Either way, I expect I'll have several runs for various character levels. (Likely more content early on as I expect that Neverwinter may have more casual players leveling slowly than typical games.) I haven't been able to be a GM in about 20 years, so I miss that. :(
  • Options
    shirooganeshiroogane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will try definetly. I wonder how people imagine their own fantasy role play. I also have in my mind one cool content which one will be about lone swordsman in white hair, who will need a help with his lost soul and how he went wrong (hopefully it will be possible to do as much :P). And in the end we will decide how his history will end (and also part of the world)
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is one of the centerpieces of this game. It is a bold attempt to bring the joy of dungeon mastering to MMOs. This means Neverwinter will be more like Dungeons & Dragons than any major MMO before it.

So of course I'll be playing Foundry content! In fact, as a role player, I'll not only be playing in it, I'll be designing in it.

I can't wait to get started!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    cabldawgcabldawg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am looking forward to trying out foundry content, maybe even give try a hand at creating some. I have enjoyed the foundry in STO immensely.
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Both. I already have quests in mind to create once the game goes live. It is a story I have wanted to do in my Tabletop group for a long time.
  • Options
    vergadainevergadaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is the main reason why I have such high hopes for this game. No company can rival the amount of user generated content that can be created from a loyal fan base. And what fan base is more loyal than the forgotten realms fans? None I say!

I look forward to creating a series of quests to tell a story over multiple dungeons.
  • Options
    drogen17drogen17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am definitely excited to try out content created by other characters. There are some very creative people out there and I can't wait to see what they come up with
  • Options
    arkenayaarkenaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. I really want to rereate my own campanies with friends.
  • Options
    lordxeranlordxeran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to both create and play foundry UGC.
  • Options
    robika77robika77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry will be the biggest feature of this game! I am waiting to make epiq quests for everybody! So definitely play foundry content!
  • Options
    wilendarwilendar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES of course, that's the main reason that I want this game so badly :D I'm creator, I like to play paper RPG, DnD too. I like to create stories and adventures, I only hope this foundry will have some advanced tools to create unique andventures, and have enough tools to release our creativity :D
    and of course I'll play adventures made by another players.
    I think this feature is great ! because there will be so many unique adventures that this game propably never gets bored :D
    I only hope that I'll have an occasion to see it for my self really soon :)
  • Options
    jaynpcjaynpc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course, I'm ultra excited about this, specially since I'm a huge fan of the foundry in STO. I'm eager to see the changes you've made possible and I would like to be one of the firsts in Brazil to have a say in the beta of Neverwinter. Thank you.
  • Options
    korussathkorussath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ofcourse I'm going to play other player's adventures, I think its just how this game will be different time to time. For what it concerns my personal stories, I'm really excited to try foundry to expand content to inner and outer planes... I know cosmology changed in 4th edition but still i would like to bring characters to an unforgettable travel to the outlands and the CiTy of DoOrS...
  • Options
    rpwolverinerpwolverine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    definately I love fan made content :) I will probably try to create content but probably fail terribly lol
  • Options
    sabotageangel8sabotageangel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sure I will! cant wait to see what those D&D players can come up with. I'm sure true dungeon keeper adventures can be even better then the developers ones...
  • Options
    flipdiverflipdiver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be playing Foundry content and I'm ecstatic about creating my own foundry content as well. I'm excited to see where my story telling skills go with it. =D
  • Options
    argosaargosa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be creating content in the foundry, but I will be playing a ton of the content to see what others do.
    I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    beilraithbeilraith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a DM for many years over multiple pen and paper games, I have literally dreamed of having a tool like this to build my campaigns in. I would gladly shell out top dollar for a content editor such as this, but since its free AND we get an entire bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> D&D MMO along with it, its a dream come true!!!
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where else am I going to get a troll skin belt? There are a lot of classic D&D items from previous Forgotten Realms games, (both PnP and computer), that can be incorporated into Neverwinter. Who wants a Carsomyr?!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    copperpot08copperpot08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes. running dungeons is my favorite way to spend time in any game, so the fact that there will be an ever expanding list of dungeons is a huge plus for me. i am also tempted to try my hand at creating them too!
  • Options
    diaglyphdiaglyph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll certainly try any Foundry content. There are some amazingly creative people out there and when given the right tools can create some really interesting stories and experiences :) Can't wait to try it out :)
    Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
    It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    -- Hogfather, Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    definitely..
    loads of mobs.
    n wacky ideas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roblhoblroblhobl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Uh, hell yes? Not only will I play Foundry content, I will strive to create the most amazing campaigns in history and put you all out of business!
  • Options
    puffydorfpuffydorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Comment to win. But ye, can't wait to put out some content of my own and see the feedback.
  • Options
    theloyalfurytheloyalfury Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will defiantly be playing, my dream is that someone creates an entire campaign based
    on some of the awesome forgotten realms novels that i love
    like "War of the Spider Queen" or "The Haunted Lands " trilogy.
    Nuitari Moonshadow
  • Options
    evokateevokate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that The Foundry could be the most important thing to happen to MMOs in a long time. So I will MOST CERTAINLY be using it!
  • Options
    joimezjoimez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm probably one of the few people who only care about the foundry and nothing else. I loved the custom campaigns for the Neverwinter series and this is just as exciting to me especially with a cloud server making it easier than ever to share content.

Not only do I plan on playing other developers content, but also making my own awesome adventure for my friends and hopefully others to have fun and strive through life and death. If the foundry works the way I feel it should and hopefully will, then this may be the end all be all of all mmo's for me.
  • Options
    grodelgrodel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I look forward to play other peoples content. In time I might create my own for my old D&D friends!
    Cant wait till this game goes live!!!
  • Options
    gwynhgwynh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Naturally, because I made 1-3 Missions in STO and Foundry is a great pool of lot of players with ideas.
  • Options
    girlbrushgirlbrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    I'll be playing Foundry content and trying my hand at making them too.
This discussion has been closed.