test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    godzofrawrgodzofrawr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In the current crowded marketplace, the Foundry is really what sets Neverwinter apart from other MMOs. If years of gaming have taught me anything, it's that player driven content is what creates peoples attachment to a game, and/or it's community. Will I make my own content through the Foundry, of course, I'd be crazy not to try. As far as playing the communities content, I think that will be one of the more interesting parts of playing. Being able to see what other peoples vision for the game world is what has brought me back to other games with similar tools (LBP, etc)
  • Options
    sambombe1sambombe1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! This, for me, is the most antecipated game feature of the decade! I would love to create content and play with my friends! I just cant wait to try it. :)
  • Options
    darknessofreikazdarknessofreikaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Expect me to both try out multiple Foundry content as well as create my own. Im an old school in depth DM. The foundry idea here has been described as even more in depth then any other adventure creation content developed. Expect my dungeon to cater both to individual classes for personal accomplishment as well as dungeons that must be completed as a party endeavor. Im talking specifically meant for rogues or if your a rogue or a mage alone you wont complete a dungeon without a fighter.
  • Options
    lookerm1rlookerm1r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definetly try them, I think some people can make really nice stuff, sometimes even better then the developers could! ( you should scout these and ask them for tips for future content ;P )
    I might even try to make some myself if I will feel up to the challenge :)
  • Options
    timpet68timpet68 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

I agree with others. It is a huge draw for the game. I will play content from other players and will try my hand as well. It's always a great experience to delve into the imagination of other gamers. I can't wait!!
  • Options
    pelettipeletti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The real D&D series, can be a player and a creator, making almost possible!
  • Options
    delgado616delgado616 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Might play alot of it since i love UGC xD but dont know if i will produce some myself (got some good ideas just might not have the time)
  • Options
    jharo1jharo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who won't? I mean, most of the times, players have a different imagination from the devs, and comes up with "better ideas" ( not always balanced though), and plus, it'll be the time for our d&d mates to create our own "worlds" :D
  • Options
    lordwriderlordwrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will without question be using content made in the Foundry and also creating content. Foundry is a great addition to the game and would not want to miss out.
  • Options
    dmz1969dmz1969 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's one of the biggest draws to me. I spent years designing content for Neverwinter Nights. It makes the game nearly infinite.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Even if people say they will, most will not until they finish and exhaust all official content irrespective of what they say.
  • Options
    thebladekittythebladekitty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes i will love to play dungeons from the foundry then i will like to create some for my guild and friends to play on.
  • Options
    jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry has been a huge success in Star Trek Online and I can see it being so again in Neverwinter. It adds so much more to the game and player created adventures are the backbone of any D&D game.

Looking forward to the game.
  • Options
    txtsdtxtsd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OMG yesss! I shall create a Let's Play series based around it!
  • Options
    chuckfchuckf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I too cannot wait to get in to the foundry and play some adventures made by the great DM's around the country.
  • Options
    quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, I think the Foundry is the single greatest pull this game has. Giving the players tools to create their own content is an ingenious move and will be a breath of fresh air in the MMO industry. With a robust creation system like this one, and a good rating system to weed out the duds I can see a huge amount of great content constantly being generated. Also, it seems like the foundry content isn't tied to level, which will really help to keep the game fresh, even after leveling.
  • Options
    solidagesolidage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    LOVE the ability to play these missions and can't wait to actually start creating them myself.
  • Options
    maciejwafelmaciejwafel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Me adventures. Me making. Foundry.
  • Options
    glomthemightyglomthemighty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, and yes. Access to creation tools was always one of the things that set Neverwinter Nights apart, and I'm very excited about this latest incarnation.
  • Options
    dunadan21dunadan21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes to both!The foundry will play a major role in Neverwinter and i would love to create and test adventures made by others!
    Need a family to share your adventures in neverwinter?Join us in www.grievanceguild.com
  • Options
    kalua72kalua72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    I'm very excited to both play and develop Foundry content. I love that you are making the Foundry free (other than leveling up a bit o gain access) - that should really increase the contribution level!
  • Options
    kassamirkassamir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am really looking forward to the foundry. Creating dungeons that my friends can be sent into sounds like a blast. Who doesn't want to try their hand at sending their friends to their demise.
  • Options
    jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Of course i'll play, cant wait to see what some of the players can cook up, hell i might as well give it a try also and see what i can do with it althou i can't promise mine will make any kind of sense XD
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • Options
    cyborattcyboratt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BOTH! I plan to pick up some adventures from long ago, that a friend and I GM'ed using the NWN toolset! We would half-and-half the scripting and GM controlled NPCs to guide people along. For instance, while my friend would take over a barkeep and talk with the ragtag crew of adventurers, he'd be telling them of treasures or beasts in a land in a particular direction. Whilst he was doing so, I would be off in said zone, prepping for the team. I'd have some scripted things ready to plop into place, but I also would be able to control things as the adventurers came through. Then, once the team headed my direction, my friend GM would then be able to head elsewhere to prep the next area while I kept them entertained in the zone I had prepared. All to guide them along in a story we had come up with that day at work during lunch!

Favorite memory from these play sessions: Another friend of ours was in our game one day - and he found a particular rock in the forest to be of great interest. I had not intended it to pique his curiosity, so when he asked "do I see anything strange about this rock" etc, I said no. He persisted, and asked about the rock in any way possible. I kept saying NO there's nothing there. I was trying to guide them to the east end of the zone to fight a monster. Finally after his persistence would obviously not relent, I waited for his next action. He said "I rub the rock fondly" - right then and there I dropped about 15 vampires and a few minotaur all around the team. BWAHAHA!! The team of course was wiped out - but fortunately the GMs had the ability to roll back a ways... once I did the GM gods yelled out in all caps: "THERE'S NOTHING IN THE ROCK"!!!

Ahhhh fun times.... sure hope we can continue those stories! I can't wait to see what the Foundry will allow us to create, not to mention the ability to explore never ending story lines with user-created content!

Can't wait!!!! :)
  • Options
    mecazermecazer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As DnD fan i really like you can build more customized role playing experience whit foundry, and you can even make your own and your friends role playing experience special and customize it to be what you would want do.
    It would make easyer make new characters and leveling those because you dont allways need do same things again and again.
    Allso i think it would be nice have some sort of leader board of those to make people have little healthy competion against other players, it could have like set to pick sertain items or how few deaths happened while doing it.
    Just ideas to it , and i would play brains out other players things to see just what cool things they have made.
  • Options
    doug2004631doug2004631 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have experience with the STO foundry... and from what i have seen in videos, The Neverwinter Foundry looks the same. I have a note pad full of home made D&D adventures i wrote years ago.. and will be adding them to the Neverwinter foundry as soon as it goes live!
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

I can't wait to try out content others have created. After seeing some of the videos, I"m looking forward to creating a few myself
  • Options
    maximuswindumaximuswindu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No doubt! I want make some Foundry content!
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only will i be playing it extensively, i plan on making some dungeons myself
  • Options
    starsund3rstarsund3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be doing both creating and playing other user's created content. I already create a ton of stuff for Everquest, and I was also a avid GM of the original Neverwinter nights, we used it for some long distance gaming with my gaming group when people where away for work trips.
This discussion has been closed.