test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    daimastersdaimasters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Creating campaigns is the heart of a D&D experience, without it there would be no game. Of course I plan on playing foundry missions and creating them. I've been DMing for a long time, and I can't wait to get my hands on the foundry to be able to bring some of my stories to life. It's going to be great.
  • Options
    sufrsufr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I fully intend on trying Foundry content. I love the idea that players can create content for other players. It's one of the things I think sets Neverwinter apart form other MMOs and it truly reflects the spirit of D&D.
  • Options
    aeglaraeglar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to try it and maybe create new content eventually.
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I already have a good idea for a foundry quest I want to make :) and can't wait till I can get in and try and make it.
    I will also be playing other peoples quests :)
  • Options
    dtb86dtb86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OFC , cant wait!
  • Options
    destinsworddestinsword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry seems to be one of the biggest appeals to this game for alot of people including myself so yes
  • Options
    magic5magic5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

Hell yea I will play foundry content!
  • Options
    fadeddarkness22fadeddarkness22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course!!

Who wouldn't want to enjoy the fantastic story and content offered by the Foundry? Plus, the chance to input my own personal creative vision, let players enjoy my story telling, and enjoy theirs as well! If I am given the opportunity, I will certainly take part!
  • Options
    akhliberakhliber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely be playing Foundry content and am quite excited about it. Not sure if I'll be making content, but I'm curious about how the Foundry works and would be interested in seeing how it's done, and possibly in trying it out some day.
  • Options
    nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm very excited to see what other players will come up in the Foundry as well as trying my own hand at it!
  • Options
    strife510strife510 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely be playing with Foundry content. Can't wait to see what other players come up with!
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only will I be playing content from the Foundry, I'll be creating some too!
  • Options
    mohekeemohekee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely as long as I can find some 5oft rope.
  • Options
    draul213draul213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Neverwinter games have all had great content generators. I made modules for nwn1 and nwn2. You can bet your sweet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I will be making content for Neverwinter. That is actually one of my big draws to that game. Right next to the fact that I love Cryptics games. I wont try any foundry content until I reach level cap though. I plan on making that part of my endgame bit so I have a lot of content to experience once I finish my leveling.

Aside from that I have stories written out and floor plans drawn for when I can get my hands on the foundry. I can and will be one of the few artists that get up-voted and I will get donations via in game feature because my foundry content WILL BE THAT GOOD!!

See you guys in game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runewakerunewake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I certainly hope to make use of the Foundry, however, I just hope it isn't like a lot of modding tools are currently. The editor for Skyrim was absolutely terrible and had so many bugs. If the foundry is done right, I will use it. If it is done poorly I will probably never touch it.
  • Options
    kinkad13kinkad13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be playing as much content form the Foundry as I can find, in between the time I spend createing content with the Foundry for everyone else to explore and the time I spend on all other content of NW. Looking foward to all the great player made adventures and storylines. Just hope the ones I make will live up to all the other great content people come up with.
  • Options
    shurayukisanshurayukisan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do. Or do not. There is no try.
  • Options
    atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES! Not only do I plan on playing Foundry Content but I also plan to dedicate most of my time to making as much content as I can.
  • Options
    nashgulnashgul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will both create and try player made content! Goes without saying really...
  • Options
    zanatosduskwalkezanatosduskwalke Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am going to definitely going to be playing player made content from the Foundry. I have used it in STO and have loved it. It keep the game alive no matter how long you play it. I also plan on trying my luck with making foundry content if I have time when not out playing your epic game.
  • Options
    wicked013wicked013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Being able to create and play new adventures is my primary interest in Neverwinter; I can't wait to put together marches through the underworld for my friends and I to battle through.
  • Options
    lokifluxlokiflux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely be playing the foundry content. I loved the implementation in Star trek online and loved the similar features other games have had. I also was a huge fan of player made content in Neverwinter Nights and think the community has a habit of making a lot of neat stuff.
  • Options
    djblood2djblood2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course, it's a major draw of the game to me. I was hoping to not just create but maybe do a video series of reviews of foundry created content.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    Yes of course, and I'm excited to make some adventures as well!
  • Options
    escelus1escelus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very much looking forward to the Foundry, in both playing and creating content. I have been a player and DM for over 27 years with many stories and adventures awaiting a fresh crop of victims!
  • Options
    dedacodedaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fans write some of the best stories. I'm totally trying Foundry content.
  • Options
    vrynavryna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To be frank, no, i won't be playing any foundry stuff. At least not on my first playthrough.

I feel like i should experience the full vanilla leveling experience first. Maybe the foundry quest has no tie-ins to the overarching story-line, maybe it does, I really don't care too much. The vanilla leveling experience is really important for a game, and i'd love to try that first before i delve deeper into user created content.

But on any new characters, i'll definitely look into foundry quests, by that time the good ones should have been sorted from the bad ones, so i'll get the best possible experience!
  • Options
    daranthereddaranthered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that the foundry is what I'm most looking forward to. Letting users generate content is a great way to let the game continue to be relevant while developers work on updates. I can't wait to see what other players are going to throw at me, and also to see how they handle my stuff.
  • Options
    entrirentrir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, but I will most likely be playing the non-foundry stuff first. But I am excited to see what the community can design. I hope that some of the highest rated foundry content will make it into a full featured quest(line) with professional voice acting and full support.
  • Options
    nas62886nas62886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm a DM with a group that plays the table top D&D game on a regular basis. The Foundry would be an awesome tool for my gaming group because we do have those days where we can't all meet up in person to continue with our current campaign. Could fairly easily throw together a module through The Foundry and play through with my group, especially the ones that can't necessairily meet in person every time we would normally meet.

Really really excited about Neverwinter. Been waiting for a new RPG set in the Forgotten Realms for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.