Magic Missile.. :S

2»

Comments

• vrtnipatuljakvrtnipatuljak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    I just hate 4e

Then don't worry, this game has no 4e in it beyond the names/looks
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I loved the 5 magic missiles in the start of BG1. The way they lined up and then slammed in on the target. Dont ask me why, but it felt like a homeing unescapable magic attack, just like MM should be.
  • scopeblsscopebls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just to point out that 4e returned as far as I know to the magic missile unerringly hits your target (auto hit) descriptor making it exactly the homing inescapable magic attack you mention it needing to be, although it in the text fires a bolt instead of multiple projectiles.. that said this is D&D change the visualisation of any spell/ability to fit your characters fluff (not talking about changing the mechanics that would fall under house rules but it's still D&D), you could have it shooting 50 piddly darts of whirling magical effervescence (it would still mechanically deal 1 die of damage and automatically hit).
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm fine with MM even though the casting animation is stupid as hell. Oh well at least it's not Reaver. That skill is just bloody stupid.