Install Arc
Options

For those who missed the MMORPG stream

nevadaknight1864nevadaknight1864 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2013 in News & Announcements
Post edited by nevadaknight1864 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Thanks!

Normally we don't let users post here but I'll leave this here for a day or two until moving it to general discussions. :)
  • Options
    aznlaznaznlazn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    *salutes Captain Zebular*

:D

Thanks for the link, definitely will be going back and examining stuff more closely!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    aznlazn wrote: »
    *salutes Captain Zebular*

:D

Thanks for the link, definitely will be going back and examining stuff more closely!

*the mage stands ready and gives a proper salute in return*
  • Options
    thiseddythiseddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for this!
  • Options
    feiyhdfeiyhd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks very much :) Will check this out later.
  • Options
    zemustatzemustat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the link.. This is probably one of the few vids on this game I've missed so far... REALLY looking forward to this, and have been since the day it was rumored to be in development....damn that feels like forever ago... I REALLY hope it's going to be worth the wait and not one more in the LONG line of MMOs that have gotten destroyed by horrid and/or greedy marketing (fingers crossed!!) but to be honest, I'm not sure what to make of the marketing/development team's strategy on this game yet... I've played D&D since it was actually D&D.... Have played so many RPGs the story lines to some of the best have started blending together in my mind :) So to say I'm fond of the setting is a massive understatement... However, a few things I've seen ALREADY are making me question whether Neverwinter is going to be worth my time... The IDEA is incredible... The marketing is iffy... I truly hope the company is intelligent enough to know a buy-to-win game will NEVER succeed long-term and calling a game "free to play" when it's only really "free to try" is a really poor choice also...
    I guess the summary of my statement is this: I hope the company behind Neverwinter doesn't destroy the game by making it "pay to win" or by letting greed be the motivating factor behind the development... Profits are required, of course, but passion is the ONLY way to net long-term profits... I sincerely hope the people behind Neverwinter are intelligent enough to know how to successfully market an MMO with so much long term potential and to know they probably have one of the most passionate game communities ever and if they listen to (the correct sectors of) their fans/customers they could have an incredible (and incredibly profitable) game on their hands...