test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

200$ pack is 268,59$ in EU WTF!?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solidxgold wrote: »
    It's nothing to with EU users paying more, they are NOT paying any more than the the asking price $199.99

It's to do with exchange rates, if you wanted to buy $199.99 with Euro's you would pay 147.87EUR for them, so the game is not any more expensive, and it's nothing to do with European taxes as they would have to state a tax has been added.

It's $199.99 and you have to allow for varying exchange rates.

The problem arises when you convert GBP into EUR and then into USD

Actually having just checked the exchange rates again $199.99 = 147.87EUR = 127.69GBP <<< Now I wouldn't have mind paying that>

However they charged me 189.99EUR or 168.09GBP <<<< Way over the top.

The have the exchange rate as 1GBP = 1.13028EUR when UKForex have it as 1.1733EUR.
    A mod has already posted the price increase is not due to PW or cryptic, that is simply the increased price/tax it costs via currency change. If a company charges 200 US dollars for item A. it may cost more for u to purchase it with another currency...This is common knowledge and as the mod already pointed out the company receives nothing from the increased price...they arnt trying to gouge prices for non- US residence ...You can write a letter to your government officials or ask for a refund...complaining on forums about something everyone (should) already know is a bit silly =/ and childish
    solidxgold wrote: »
    I don't care what you say there isn't a tax, the game is $199.99 in the EU, not $199.99 + tax.

The difference is just because of the exchange rates, which vary quite regularly.

So people in the EU would theoretically pay more for it one day than another, although PW seem to have set the exchange rate at a fixed rate.

You're/your, I really don't care, are you that desperate ?

This normally is true in most non US countries but still may have other taxes imposed ON THE COUNTRY LEVEL.

This is why I refer people to their government officials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Phew that sux, i actually went the other way with my purchase actually got a $1 backward as the aussie dollar is so strong against the US, Mmmm taxes i hate taxes> Lego are the same (eg) if i order the death star via a US fowarding company i can get it for 500 Au, if i buy here in OZ its 700 its crazy
  • Options
    nanudonanudo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So why shiaika paid 189,99€ ????

Shiaika maybe is from diferent country...

Gapaman , allways i paid something in internet lets say 100 $ the system charge me less = 74€ if they charge more is no right, otherways you could use paypal wich converts the € in $ and "vice versa" because is international.

A tip: talk with your bank it could be the credit card that you own
  • Options
    dodgingmetdodgingmet Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's all irrelevant really. If I can't buy the game in British Sterling then I'm not buying it, taxes or not. It's a simple matter of principle really. Also I'm sure neither of the two companies pay any Corporation Tax in this country, another reason not to give them my money, if 'tax' is the real reason for increasing the price by 25% (It should be 20% if that were true).
  • Options
    kubasereecokubasereeco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dodgingmet wrote: »
    It's all irrelevant really. If I can't buy the game in British Sterling then I'm not buying it, taxes or not. It's a simple matter of principle really. Also I'm sure neither of the two companies pay any Corporation Tax in this country, another reason not to give them my money, if 'tax' is the real reason for increasing the price by 25% (It should be 20% if that were true).

Exactly why I'm spending no money as well.

1) Everyone keeps shouting tax. Ok, in that case the difference should be UK's VAT rate less whatever US sales tax PW are basing their pricing on. If it's 3% that should be 20 - 3 = 17%. And yet the actual difference is 26%.
    2) No option to pay in GBP.

So no money from me, and I had every intention of buying a founders pack or two.
  • Options
    paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    simpathic wrote: »
    Yea I was just complaining how they want us to spend all this money with out having a chance to try the game first.

Personally I think it's madness to pay $200 for a game you've never tried. I'm not too bothered about not being able to buy into the beta (I've elected not to as I'm busy for at least one of the weekends)...I'm just worried for the people who put down $200 for a game that might suck balls.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    As someone who also was surprised and complained over the extra price euros end up paying, take my word for it, the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you want to blame does not work for cryptic or pwe, they sit in the darn eu parlament and years ago put a tax on internet trading, among other things, being part of the euro has 0 effect, as its for importing stuff across the eu borders, digital or not.
    Danish vat is 25% as if we didnt have high enough taxes as is.

add up your 149'ish euro + 20-25% vat and you get the 189.99 price give an take, and that is the price they charge you no more no less, absolutely sux, but thats what ya get from that moving once a month bunch of tools.
  • Options
    peterpanskypeterpansky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well. I have give it a shot. PayPal Ok. Why the use of PayPal NL? Serious?

200 US$ = 149.17 € (0.7458) - was on the 189.99 too.

So. You will tell me, that PayPal Charges and 21 % NL VAT are around 40 €?
    "Oloth zhah tuth abbil lueth ogglin. (Darkness is both - friend and enemy)."
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I am sorry but I must close this thread.

If you have any issues with the European Trade Union, European Free Trade Association, or the Value Added Tax (VAT), please take up such complaints with your Government Officials. If you feel your order is not as it should be, please file a Support Ticket using the Support link up top this web site or email
    customerservice@perfectworld.com - these forums are not a place for issues relating to Billing and International Tax Trade Laws and Regulations.

Furthermore, skirting around International Tax Laws and Regulations is illegal and not a topic for discussion.

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.