test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting and tradeskills

2»

Comments

• Options
    virkules1virkules1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is the only thing that is holding me back from purchasing the founders pack PLEASE give us info and a video on crafting and you will get at least 1 more founders pack purchase is it does not suck.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll say that even...other testers don't have this detail yet. It may not be in the weekend to start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hardicon1hardicon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    not that i dont like crafting but i think id rather not see it. reason why is it is normally done so horribly bad and isnt worth the time sink to level up a crafting skill. if its not gonna be useful id rather just not have it. but ill keep an open mind and if i dont like it just not use it but i would much rather have crafting that means something.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do want to see it in the game but only if it's optional. I do not want to feel like I have to craft to progress. Crafting brings a lot to the table so if they do have a crafting system I hope they do it well enough to keep the players engaged with it.

But, we're still in early Beta and there is a ton left to be added from what I can see.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    scooder1scooder1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't seem to get an answer to the crafting problems I'm having.
    1. I have to craft an item in order to make an advanced item.
    2. Ok, I make the item and it does not recognize it as a resource to be used with the recipe for the next level item. omg
    3. To make something I have to have a tradesmen that is not available. I can make additional workers in the different craft but right out of the blue I am asked to have a worker that is no ware to be found or made.

Any one else experience this problem?
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scooder1 wrote: »
    2. Ok, I make the item and it does not recognize it as a resource to be used with the recipe for the next level item. omg
    3. To make something I have to have a tradesmen that is not available. I can make additional workers in the different craft but right out of the blue I am asked to have a worker that is no ware to be found or made.

Can you give some specifics? What worker are you being asked for? What recipe is having issues recognizing components and what component?
  • Options
    maniaclettermanmaniacletterman Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whatever they do, it would be awesome an all in-game system craft. Meaning that no real money is required to get all available materials, so we can rely only on adventuring. Some benefits for partying and farming materials would be nice also.

Just don't finish making Crafting a buy-to-use thing.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scooder1 wrote: »

You probably have to upgrade your worker to the next tier. For some reason, some items of a lower tier require the category of worker which is obtainable from a level or 2 higher than what you're currently at - it's probably an incentive to buy those profession packs.

So for instance, 4 mercenaries can become 1 guard, and 4 guards can become 1 adventurer, (the flavor text says 4 workers try but only 1 completes the training, which still doesn't explain why you lose the other 3, but whatever).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums