test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting and tradeskills

mazarenmazaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
I was wondering if anyone had any details about trade skills and crafting professions. Any news on this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mazaren on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Not at all :(

Truthseeker actually mentioned earlier that everybody wanted information on a different feature and his first thought was 'I don't care about that, I want to know about the crafting system!'
  • Options
    mazarenmazaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited January 2013
    I know that crafting is a major factor in most mmos and i do like farming mats and such. it would be a shame if no crafting skills were implemented upon release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    We're still a ways from release. The last Closed Beta test is scheduled for late march which is still two months from now.
    And note that is still subject to change.

It would be a shame if it were to launch without crafting, but they are working on it.
  • Options
    jyadejyade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been waiting to hear something about this from the start. I sure do hope it's implemented, and if not that they work out something soon. I needz to get my craft on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    awesome that's the answer i think i needed to hear thank you ambisinisterr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    We're still a ways from release. The last Closed Beta test is scheduled for late march which is still two months from now.
    And note that is still subject to change.

It would be a shame if it were to launch without crafting, but they are working on it.

It would be ashame, but personally I don't craft until I max my level out. So I guess I could wait a bit, just hope the crafting is enjoyable. I've been seeing some pretty messed up crafting systems recently.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Crafting in another of their collective endeavors is terrible at best (see STO) I hope they have learned from the issues there and are open to creating a truly engrossing crafting system not unlike SWG or Vanguard (which are my experieces with solid crafting). I am a rabid crafter...If I could I would craft and trade over all other experiences in an MMO....and sadly if it lacks will be the first reason why I leave....
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was wondering about this. I love me some crafting.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gotta say, I too am wanting some crafting info. Actually, I'd just like to know it's something that is even being worked on. Hopefully something with a little bulk to it, and not just an "add-on" to appease crafters, since that generally only makes us (crafters) angry.
  • Options
    sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I hope is that crafting does not require large sums of astral diamonds the way STO's crafting requires dilithium.

The only way I will accept that is if crafting resources can be bought with astral diamonds from a crafting hall vendor or harvested from nodes in the game. This way if one is short on resources to craft something, but they have the AD on them, they can purchase what they need. Since AD, like Dilithium in STO will be a secondary currency obtained via gameplay, or traded for Zen, someone will have had to put time and effort into getting it, so it works.

Crafting materials could be sold on the exchange for gold, or to the materials vendor for AD (half of the purchase price)

Crafting materials should not cost much AD. I would say perhaps 1 AD for the most common basic to 100 AD for the most rare advanced.
    I'm not really a John Galt,
    but I play one on the forums...
    :P
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want Dragon Armor...
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I want Dragon Armor...

Dragon Armor... Likely would require several dragon scales (ultra rare and andvanced resources) obtained by slaying a dragon or at the very least looting its lair without being detected, or purchased from a resource vendor for 100 AD each. If it take 10 scales, then that is 1000 AD right there.

Of course, it would require other components as well, that are not nearly so rare...
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or you can just buy it from AH ...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Or you can just buy it from AH ...

You could.

But the resource vendor would always have what you need. The AH may not... at least for a reasonable price.

The more ways players can get stuff the better.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want SOME crafting info besides I know it exists Cryptic, PLEASE?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately, I'm expecting it to be an enchantment system that works like CO mods based on this:
    Greycloak's Legacy

Start your quest with a mastercrafted weapon or implement. Comes equipped with a unique enchantment that can be unslotted and used in other items. (one per character)

I am guessing that "mastercrafted" means an item with enchantment slots. I hope its more than that and we can actually create items. But, based on how that was removed from CO when the mod system was added I doubt it. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yea like maybe recrafting your items with slots or looks and other stuff. but something that can be trade-able to make gold and maybe like making potions and skill up potions for set duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Look developers! Even your Mods are demanding crafting info. Give us a teaser at least. Pleeease
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    garrettroguegarrettrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2013
    I cannot remember any MMO not having some form of Herbalism/Alchemy in it. I wonder what Cryptic is up to?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    even just ideas cryptic or something you've had concepts for :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

At least let us know if there is cooking so Truthseeker can serve us.... Ales all round and make us pot pie's
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hehehe im glad to see their is so much interest in this as i am especially from truthseeker and the other mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    We know that gathering crafting ingredients is at least partially linked to DnD skills like arcana, religion, and so forth. You can look through the dev tracker, I'm almost sure it was good ol' Mapolis that was talking about it.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I like crafting magical items and I'd like to be able to use the teachings of my old friend, Archmage Congenio to one day forge some of his famous Pebbles, as it hasn't been easy to since the Year of Blue Fire, sadly. I believe you youngsters call them, "Ioun Stones."

*the old mage nods*
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can give you that.

With crafting, you will be able to craft things, like D&D things.
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I like crafting magical items and I'd like to be able to use the teachings of my old friend, Archmage Congenio to one day forge some of his famous Pebbles, as it hasn't been easy to since the Year of Blue Fire, sadly. I believe you youngsters call them, "Ioun Stones."

*the old mage nods*

And don't forget it should get a "Crafted by" tag. Oooh famous pebbles!? You mean like one of these? *Tosses null-magic stone leftover from the Time of Troubles at the reminiscing wizard.*
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    And don't forget it should get a "Crafted by" tag. Oooh famous pebbles!? You mean like one of these? *Tosses null-magic stone leftover from the Time of Troubles at the reminiscing wizard.*
    *the mage quickly grabs the stone mid-air with reflexes unbefitting of a man his advanced age and eyes it for a moment, he then seemingly mumbles to the stone itself, "Yes, you will do nicely" then looks up and says, "Pre-Troubles you say? Indeed, will do nicely. Thank you!"*
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have an update on crafting watching some videos it seems that crafting is going to be like SWTOR follow this link and fast forward to 17:10 wait till he talk about how you can use this page to see how auctions are doing and he says and i quote "if your crafting is done yet" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhpYM8GDMIE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice catch...but wonder if that is still relevant 6 months later....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    im pretty sure that scaping a system this late in the project would be very difficult. even if im not correct completly i must be a little right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]