test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nothing but blue

dreveardrevear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The beta downloaded fine and the patch is good but everytime after I click play all I get is a blue screen. I also get a script error from http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js?rnd=1360237621.8753. The script error happens after I double click to open and after I hit sumbit once my password is entered.
Post edited by drevear on

Comments

• Options
    magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Uninstall/reinstall is usually the 1st thing to do, but if the problem persists you can download bluescreenview and try getting a BSOD again... the minidump should be recorded into the program. You/we/someone can start helping you from the data the minidump

alternatively a few programs to test your HW
    http://support.awed.se - DL Prime95 from this site and look through the guide on how to use it. DL CoreTemp from the same site to check your temperatures while running a heavy load on your CPU

http://www.hdtunepro.com/ - DL the trial to check the status of your HDD (your OS disk and the disk you have the game installed on if not the same)

http://www.memtest86.com/ - DL the USB stick bootable to check if you have a faulty DIMM

Sorry I can't be of more specific help for the moment.

-Magmo
  • Options
    aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have you tried any of the fixes listed in this thread to see if maybe they are also relevant to your issue?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?38661-Download-Issues

Edit: Also quit TeamViewer if you're running that. It is listed in multiple threads as having fixed issues.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well the server is down so maybe that has to do with it. I got the same thing, I may try the other downloader
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, servers being down shouldn't result in a blue screen. I just ran mine again to see if it happened to me as well, and it doesn't. My patcher checks patching then says all good and the button changes to "play". I click on play, and it loads fullscreen windowed with Cryptic logo, loads up and says something like "You are currently not allowed to play" then loads the in-game login screen. If I type in my password here and hit Login, it again says I'm not currently allowed to play. It doesn't crash at any point.

Now I'm not saying the issue lies on your side, with both of you getting the blue screen error - who knows. It might still be something server-side that is only produced under certain conditions which both of your PCs meet somehow. I also am no technician and woefully ignorant in the hardware/software fields, so, ya know, take anything troubleshooty I say with a massive grain of salt. Just letting you know it's seemingly working perfectly fine for some, not simply that the servers are down therefore the launcher is broke. PS I do actually hope you get it working fine before this beta weekend starts. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    well Im downloading from torrent(actually went faster than Direct Download)

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreveardrevear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it's not a blue screen error, it's just a blue screen with the loading circle. i have also already reinstalled the client.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yah no error code

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kinda like a black screen except it is blue

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    drevear wrote: »
    it's not a blue screen error, it's just a blue screen with the loading circle. i have also already reinstalled the client.

Allrighty then... Not a 'Blue Screen' but a blue screen :)

Could you post your computer specs? Maybe we'll start by updating some of your drivers to the newest functioning ones.

-M
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I update mine before each new game, I should reach at least minimum requirements.(I have played STO on this machine)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Im still patching after redownload so... Ill wait and see if things fix

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lervoldlervold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem, I'm not sure if this is what loads because I'm a beta founder, but the launcher finishes properly and then gives me the blue screen with a loading symbol. Windows runs fine in the background as I'm able to move the mouse, ctrl + shift + esc and close the program, open windows, etc.

I'm running off of a laptop.
    My computer specs are:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(r) core(tm)i3 CPU M 330 @2.13GHz 2.13GHz
    RAM: 4.00GB (3.80 GB Usable)
    Display Adapter: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    HDD: 156 GB free
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thats it exactly what mine does.

I'm running off a laptop too.

OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor is a 2.4ghz i3
    same graphics card
    8gb ram 7.9gb useable
    HDD 23 gigs free
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Intel Core I3 2.3 GHz
    4GB ram 3.8 usable
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
    214 GB Free

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have ran D3, STO, and WoW. I should be able to run this. I know I need a desktop, but I have no job, and have health problems

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    All using a laptop with an integrated Intel GPU?

I'm leaning towards this being the culprit...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    Choose Graphics - Laptop - *whatever your laptop is using from the Intel GPU family*

click FIND

Choose the DL link with your OS and update your graphics driver - boot computer and try the launcher again

-M
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ill finish my patching of Neverwinter, then test and give my results

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    magmofd wrote: »
    All using a laptop with an integrated Intel GPU?

I'm leaning towards this being the culprit...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    Choose Graphics - Laptop - *whatever your laptop is using from the Intel GPU family*

click FIND

Choose the DL link with your OS and update your graphics driver - boot computer and try the launcher again

-M

Sorry to say that didn't work. I'm just going to wait and see if a dev team member responds.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok so I went snooping around STO Forums, turns out there is a similar problem that happened STO season 7. Some f those with Integrated Graphics cards had a similar problem, but not all of those with integrated Graphics, they say it is game problem, not a hardware problem.Ill keep reading maybe Ill find a fix.

Make sure to delete old drivers if there are any on your PC.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So it most likely seems to be that the Graphics card is getting tripped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Depending on your model of Intel GPU, you might not exceed the minimum HW requirements

-Magmo
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    One person did say after uninstalling the game and deleting all data it worked(this is in STO), currently I can play STO on my machine so Ill look for a fix. I will open a ticket though after I restart my PC and re-install the game(again)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So Im gonna try uninstalling ALL Cryptic games an delete ALL data do a full restart and reinstall(currently Im getting rid of unnecessary stuff on my PC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Make sure if you are uninstalling and Reinstalling to delete ALL of the documents about Neverwinter.(I am redownloading again, also I have submitted a ticket, I suggest you guys do so also and include a txt file from dxdiag)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Make sure if you are uninstalling and Reinstalling to delete ALL of the documents about Neverwinter.(I am redownloading again, also I have submitted a ticket, I suggest you guys do so also and include a txt file from dxdiag)

I'm not gonna bother going through all that trouble. I'm just going to wait and see if a dev responds. Depending on that, I might be making a trip to my bank.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If only I had money....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I wonder were devs or Darthpanda could be? We need this fixed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok so, I was wondering guys, all of you who are having problems how much memory do you have allocated to you graphics? Go to BIOS and make sure it is at least 128MB if you can try to get it to 512MB see how that works. Im still re downloading so It may be a few hours before I can test it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    drevear wrote: »
    I'm not gonna bother going through all that trouble. I'm just going to wait and see if a dev responds. Depending on that, I might be making a trip to my bank.

Please send a ticket to support, and include a dxdiag log! Our Tech support people are awesome.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I did they told me to check my drivers and that the game may run slow due to integrated graphics. I have newest drivers I can(I routinely check for updates) .

I am not sure. I thought since this is supposed to work on low and high end machines I could run it fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]