test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nothing but blue

Comments

• Options
    lervoldlervold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Submitted a ticket, waiting for help.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone tried launching the game in safe mode? I don't have your problem but was playing aorund with options and when I tried safe mode it launced the game in a seperate and small window. If that lets you get into the you can't paly part you can then adjust various video settings to try and fix the problem. There is an option for launching in window, window max, or full screen if you can get that far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think I did Im gonna try to runs as admin after I redownload
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hey Deaths Crowbar one more thing you might try after download if still having trouble and that is disable your sound card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ok uh... Ill do that

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Also I decided to download it on the other laptops in the house. (others are non integrated graphics) If worse comes to worst ill use one of them and use this for forums, raidcall, etc

ps I dont own the other ones thus why I posted.(plus mine has a 17 in display)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nebrin6nebrin6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dowload Works fine, but, the calibration of screen give a lot of trouble, on Windows 8 Pro don
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    nebrin6 wrote: »
    Dowload Works fine, but, the calibration of screen give a lot of trouble, on Windows 8 Pro don

are u you using a laptop with integrated graphics

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Im still downloading, but I just remembered I dont have latest version of Java maybe that will make it work

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We have 2 machines here. Both are Dell desktops about 1 year old, but slightly different models. One has the blue screen problem and the other works just fine.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    blue screen as in blue screen of death? or just a blue screen? worked fine for me. maybe its something with your computer settings or something? but yes a uninstall/reinstall/redownload might help
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    geddings12 wrote: »
    blue screen as in blue screen of death? or just a blue screen? worked fine for me. maybe its something with your computer settings or something? but yes a uninstall/reinstall/redownload might help

Just a blue screen with a spinning circle. I can close it with the task manager. It's not the blue screen of death.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just a blue screen with a spinning circle. I can close it with the task manager. It's not the blue screen of death.

don't know if you have seen this. There is a link to several suggestions for how to fix not just downloading but running issues .
    aevic wrote: »
    Have you tried any of the fixes listed in this thread to see if maybe they are also relevant to your issue?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?38661-Download-Issues

Edit: Also quit TeamViewer if you're running that. It is listed in multiple threads as having fixed issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ill try after my download is done(yes I should have high speed net, yes I pay for 12Mb a sec, but Im only getting 1.5 so my downloads are horribly slow.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    still not working

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Running compatibility is not working

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Anyone else that has these problems do yall have or have yall played STO?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    prednagaprednaga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im having the same problem, i have the blue screen "not the blue screen of death" i have everything up to date on software and drivers graphics wise and porcceser and such, i have no idea why its doing this i can run stwor gw2 and skyrim on high everything with now problem so idk i hope the devs fix this, i would send a ticket "but my ticket" submitter is missing since my last attmept to unistall and reinstall im at a complete lost about that as well
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I found the Problem!! I have to test my fix after redownloading the patch though. I wouldnt want to give yall bad code

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Basically integrated graphics has a minimum and max setting, it only uses more when necessary otherwise it stays at the minimum. The problem there is the minimum on the chip doesnt meet the minimum rquirements, but you can write code for each game that will fix as needed(Neverwinter has an option to put in code in the Client.) I will post if my fix works. I hope to have things ready and play with you guys tomorrow

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok I think I will have to sleep, maybe I can get up at 5:30AM CST and I can check if it is fixed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have two machines and play STO on both successfully they are both Win7 but two different vid cards.
    The machine with the dedicated vid card works fine with Neverwinter up to where we are allowed to go to.
    The one with Integrated graphics card is the one with the 'Blue screen' anomaly after the Cryptic logo, splash screen that says loading at the bottom. I have my chipset in the bios adjusted to 128mb on the integrated card and virtual memory over that.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    serinatyangelserinatyangel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have the blue screen issue as well, likely cause of the intel integrated graphics card thingy. I wonder if there is away I can skip the movie scene and stuff if that might help. Anyways, enjoy beta everyone :D I'll keep looking up this forum once in a while.

-Ok, I figured my problem out and I feel a little dumb, but maybe it will help others. I was looking at running the file as administrator and noticed I could select what GPU to use. I right clicked file>Run with graphics processor>and saw two different choices NVIDIA and integrated graphics.. my default was the integrated and changed it to the NVIDIA. That blue screen still momentarily flashes after the Cryptic Loading..but it moves right into logging in. Now I just have to wait til noon to play I guess.
  • Options
    steampunkprogramsteampunkprogram Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup, same problem for me, works fine on my desktop, unending blue screen on laptop :(
  • Options
    steampunkprogramsteampunkprogram Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    serinatyangel! thanks that fixed it for me as well!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I dont have Nvidia, but I think I can fix this without need of other GPUs
    It has to do with adding commandline in to make its start with the recommended amount of MB(Commandline is supported(the client has a place to insert Advanced command line))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    prednagaprednaga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    where might i find those gpu selections serinatyangel?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    My thing has not worked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    My thing has not worked

Hey, deaths crowbar, Probably a stupic question but have you tried running the gameclient as admin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yah.. I tried everything i could think of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]