test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about PWE handles

mishakal1mishakal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
Is my forum user name my PWE handle? Or will I have a chance to choose one when I get into the game?

Thanks.
Post edited by mishakal1 on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you one of the merge guys/gals?

(if you don't know then you are not)

Yes:- your previous cryptic user name.

No:- @mishakal1
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    To find out what you chose as your @handle, in case you have forgotten:

Since NWO is still in Testing, their Account Page isn't set up yet. However, you can double-check your selected @handle by doing the following (I know it's wierd but it works!):

Go to http://sto.perfectworld.com and log in there. Then click on My Account way up top on the top menu bar. This will take you to STO's specific account page. On the bottom right, click on "Create/Manage Subscriptions" and you may be asked to log in again as well as prompted for an Account Guard One-Time Code. After all that, you will be taken to a Subscription Selection page for Star Trek Online. If you look on the top left, it will say "Hello, <name>" - <name> is your Cryptic @handle, just place @ in front of it and there ya go!

E.G. That page for me says, "Hello, Captain Zebular" which means my @handle is
    @Captain Zebular

Once you're able to be in game though (or you can check in CO or STO), you'll be able to visually see your @handle easily so its not easily forgotten once you're actually in game.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    To find out what you chose as your @handle, in case you have forgotten:

Since NWO is still in Testing, their Account Page isn't set up yet. However, you can double-check your selected @handle by doing the following (I know it's wierd but it works!):

Go to http://sto.perfectworld.com and log in there. Then click on My Account way up top on the top menu bar. This will take you to STO's specific account page. On the bottom right, click on "Create/Manage Subscriptions" and you may be asked to log in again as well as prompted for an Account Guard One-Time Code. After all that, you will be taken to a Subscription Selection page for Star Trek Online. If you look on the top left, it will say "Hello, <name>" - <name> is your Cryptic @handle, just place @ in front of it and there ya go!

E.G. That page for me says, "Hello, Captain Zebular" which means my @handle is
    @Captain Zebular

Once you're able to be in game though (or you can check in CO or STO), you'll be able to visually see your @handle easily so its not easily forgotten once you're actually in game.

Hey Zeb this really needs a Sticky Somewhere with all the people asking
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mishakal1mishakal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Zeb.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe you could put this in the "How to guides"
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]