test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The BIG question remaining about Neverwinter is...

Comments

• gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Andy, If i get 10 "five star" rated quest made on the Foundry, will you buy me dinner?
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just sayin the Foundry for both author and player will be TOTALLY free (mentioned by multiple dev posts you can read up on in the dev tracker, but if you wish players you MAY tip your authors Astral Diamonds,) so if a person wants to amend their question, they may.

My one question:

When will you offer the bard class?!

(Glad somebody brought up crafting, thanks!)

IF I had a second question I'd add when is shared bank/guild bank slots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • providenttprovidentt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just sayin the Foundry for both author and player will be TOTALLY free (mentioned by multiple dev posts you can read up on in the dev tracker.

Sorry for going OT but couldn't find this anywhere.

Are you saying that there are not, nor will there be any time soon, microtransactions for new Foundry content? I find this hard to believe and if there isn't I'm pretty disappointed. If they don't monetise it, they're not going to keep making content for it. I feel that would be missing a trick in a big way.
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    providentt wrote: »

Are you saying that there are not, nor will there be any time soon, microtransactions for new Foundry content? I find this hard to believe and if there isn't I'm pretty disappointed. If they don't monetise it, they're not going to keep making content for it. I feel that would be missing a trick in a big way.

If I had to guess, there will be micro-transactions for Foundry things. If nothing else, there will be Official adventures made by developers that will be need to be purchased by ourselves if we want to play. Then, after those are out and they used new tile sets and things like that, Foundry users will then have the option of buying them so they can develop with them. They might even do things like have you pay if you want to use Elminster as an NPC.

Again, guessing, but that's what I see happening.
  • providenttprovidentt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah that would be ideal. I probably wouldn't pay for named NPCs (I'll just rename a generic NPC to whatever I want), but I can see myself throwing money at new tilesets, races, trigger items etc. Plus premium adventure packs too.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013

They will not monetize foundry content.
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    They will not monetize foundry content.

If they don't want all the money I and so many others would throw at them for extra content, fine.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they don't want all the money I and so many others would throw at them for extra content, fine.
    Watch this old presentation:-

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016471/User-Generated-Content-In-MMOs
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There are NO MT for Foundry. Please feel free to use the Dev Tracker and see for yourself. For instance, this link states the core philosophy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

Thanks for that link, it's great. I still have questions/concerns but I'll stop hijacking this thread and make a new thread about it instead.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'd ask "Why did you choose to make a D&D-themed MMO instead of a D&D MMO when DDO proves it can work?"

Actually DDO is also a D&D themed MMO not a D&D MMO, Neverwinter Nights 1&2 Persistent Worlds are the D&D MMOs. DDO for what it's worth has long been a D&D 3.5e inspired MMO for a very long time.

But to Andre's question... well I would ask the Squeeze a detailed plan of the classes and races. Time table, whats on the list, how they will implement it, will it be free. More percisely the race of the Deva... and if I don't get the answer I want for my Deva then I'll abduct him and use Andy as a bargaining chip with Cryptic to get the Deva race sooner than later if ever and some more divine classes.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Andy, who does your hair? It's fabulous!

Also how about some crafting / harvesting info please.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If a Cleric of Selune and a Cleric of Shar walk into a bar, what would happen?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    If a Cleric of Selune and a Cleric of Shar walk into a bar, what would happen?

Two loud clanging noises, followed by two thuds?

Then hopefully some kind of sign on the bar so nobody walks into it again.
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are you the same Andy from Toy Story?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Andy, how soon after game launch can we expect to see the first new class/race's added. How often will new class/race's be added to the game?
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • phygellusphygellus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When is the game going to Launch???
  • feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hello,

1) I'm very interested about how a UGC dungeon and the monsters within scale with the level of the players entering that dungeon. So if I have a group of crazy kobolds trying to ressurect their warrior chief (level 1-2 in old AD&D money) and that adventure is played by L60 players, then do the kobolds end up being the equivalent of L60 monsters?
    Likewise, could you also have the situation where L1-2 players come up against say a pit-fiend?

2) Has a listing of monsters been released yet, a Neverwinter Monster Manual?

Many thanks
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    feuygar wrote: »
    Hello,

1) I'm very interested about how a UGC dungeon and the monsters within scale with the level of the players entering that dungeon. So if I have a group of crazy kobolds trying to ressurect their warrior chief (level 1-2 in old AD&D money) and that adventure is played by L60 players, then do the kobolds end up being the equivalent of L60 monsters?
    Likewise, could you also have the situation where L1-2 players come up against say a pit-fiend?

Many thanks

From the foundry videos provided, they don't specify level ranges but they do specify difficulty. One could assume that they scale to the adventurers level.

If the monster database is limited, you do have the option of reskinning every mob in your dungeon to dozens of available skins. You can also further customize those skins with armor sets and their physical features.
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My question would be. What is your plan, post launch for supporting NWO? i.e. If you could provide percentages for them, what areas will your team focus on post launch? New content? new classes? bugs? etc.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    feuygar wrote: »
    Hello,

Many thanks

1) From what I have seen if you put kobolds in there it will scale to the level of the player or group that is in the adventure. You don't really define the stats of the monster just the type. So if a lvl 1 group goes in the kobolds will have lvl 1 stats but if a group goes in is lvl 20 the kobolds will have lvl 20 stats. The same thing works in reverse if you put a great wyrm dragon in a dungeon and a group of lvl 1 people go in it will be a wussy little great wyrm dragon that a bunch of lvl 1 characters can kill.

2) No listing of monsters I am sure we will start seeing something after Friday when the closed beta starts.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ahem, much thanks to everyone who's participated to this point! I believe we'll get answers to much of what's asked here on my show. We'll have to see how much time we have. But I promise, it will be a show worth tuning in for!

PS: Feel free to keep asking away... but at this point, I have more topics to discuss than I'll have time. If I see a must-ask question, or a funny one that I have the cojones to ask Andy or my other special guest, you can bet I'll try to squeeze it in.

Truly, thanks all - great community here.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be a hair salon in Neverwinter? I could use a hot oil treatment and some color!

(more info on character
    customization! :D)
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I would ask him:

"When I create my first character and enter Neverwinter, what is my end goal?"
  • crowl37crowl37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will their ever be housing, and could it ever possibly be tied to the Foundry?
    edited February 2013
    Oh, and no specific question but do bug him about character slots. That is all. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will it be possible to order Donuts and Pizza from the cash shop ? Will we haz bunny pets and crafty hippies ? Realism ? Grind ???
    I had a lot of questions, now i just want to get going in real life skellie bashing :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinjulumbalumbatinjulumbalumba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, i have a question, did neverwinter has castle siege? thanks for replying
  • kaywindkaywind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My question? Where's the ROMANTIC quests???!!
  • ivaneyesivaneyes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Andy were you drunk when you started beta and only had one healing class to play for everyone? The lack of healers is going to be the downfall of this game. Most of player’s time is wasted in this game sitting in Q waiting for a healer to join the group. If one does show up there is a 50% chance he sucks and the team fails. All this talk about a Ranger/Hunter class coming next...really...really...you can’t see that we don’t need another DPS right now. No one ever says “Dang if we just can get another dps we would have beat that boss”. You need to do 3 things for this game's owners to keep its current player base and attract more.

1. Add another healer class. Bard or Druid. Or both.
    2. Fix the Aggro control of the tank and add some dps for them so people just dont play CW and TR.
    3. Nerf Rouges a bit to bring them in line with other dps so we don’t have 4 million rouges in PVP. (I could go off about how lame and broke pvp is but I will save that for another time).

Then you can add your dps class. All you’re doing is adding another option for players that make’s the current healer situation worse!
This discussion has been closed.