test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Story of Drow Elf Thaix

2»

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I might accidentally erase reality here but I disagree with your disagreement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I might accidentally erase reality here but I disagree with your disagreement.

Thats...completly understandable...if you would be more powerful than Overgod Ao which you're not.
    Okay, "terrible stories" b:chuckle "please stop writing immediately!"

How's that? Feel better? b:laugh
    damn you tree huggers. Should just feed you all to the annoying spiders!
    I am inactive and I know it
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thought to do this little extra about his equipment and such (dont expect too much though)

Frosted Steel : This dagger what looks like to be made of ice looks very cold and...icy. Legend tells that this blade can freeze any living object to ice statue in a flash. However this dagger is more worthless than ordinary dagger without the enchancment which has ten year long recharge time.

Studded Leather Armor : Ordinary studded leather armor, nothing important about it.

Old Dagger Thaix's first weapon. Used this to kill his father. When he got money later on he payed an enchanter to enchant this weapon with magical properties such as : makes its wearer faster, only Thaix can use it or anybody who Thaix allows to or gives it and an ordinary +1 bonus to damage.

Five throwing daggers of Sleep Poison These were originally unpoisoned daggers. And there were 20of 'em. However Thaix poisoned them with famed Sleep Poison of the drows when he noticed that these daggers removes themselves from existence after they are throwed.

Ring of Shadostep : Thaix can use this ring to move around the battlefield quickly.

Boots of Elvenkind : Thaix reveres these boots almost as much as he does revere his Old Dagger. These boots aids him in walking in shadows and in staying there making these not so rare boots very useful for him. However what is not so ordinary about these boots is that on their tips there are small emeralds which Thaix can use to generate light from if he needs to confuse or blind an enemy or if he wants to see on normal light in dark. This burst can be used up to three times in aday, if all the charges are used then the charges recharge after a week.

An ordinary dagger what Thaix bought during his journey to Neverwinter.

Thaix doesn't wear his cloak a lot. the cloak itself is typical Cloak of Elvenkind. Thaix doesn't use this in combat since it distracts him at times and stops him from attacking if someone is trying to backstab him.

(Ring was somewhat inspired by WoWs "Shadowstep")
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thaix is not the wisest person who walks on the surface of Faerun...or below it.
    Thaix doesn't worship any deity, he doesn't feel the need to but he still respects them. Thaix is left handed, which might give him an advantage sometimes. He tries to not to show true extent of his skills or items/equipment and such. In 4th edition i suppose he could be aligned as Unaligned. He doesn't have any friends now that the Dead Lizards are dead and he didn't have any before he met them. People have used him for most of his life and theres nothing what he could do about it. He is freelancer (he is not part of any thieves guild) and he takes assignments such as the one who brought him to Neverwinter.
    Thaix is not very happy person and has scars everywhere around his body due to tortures what he has suffered.
    His favored weapon is Old Dagger while you could say that Frosted Steel is most powerful one.
  • Options
    jaxel74jaxel74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really enjoyed you characters background story. I found you wrote it excpetionally well considering English is not your primary language.

Hopefully I will find enough time to write about my character.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you jaxel74
    I don't know why i would ressurect this thread, when I kinda regret stupid title of this thread even if it is precise.
    Anyway, I thought to give a little update about Thaix now that we're in year 2013. This is made so that I could maybe remember these updates when Neverwinter is launched.
    So, without further talk here it comes.
    This is about how Thaix feels about some things. Let us start with the most important thing, torture, torturers and torture chambers. First things first as they say, Thaix hates them. But he hates and despises torturers and those who hire them. And he gladly cuts their throats if he gets the chance to. To torture chambers he most of the time refuses to go in. But if he would for some reason be inside one, he would try to free every prisoner out there, even if there would be his nemesis he wouldn't leave him/her there. "Why would he be so stupid to save his nemesis?" you wonder? Simply because he thinks that nobody should be tortured.
    Thaix doesn't hate or loathe those who don't trust him or who loathe him just because he is a drow. However he can get furious if somebody connects him to those cursed followers of Lolth (aka calling him "Spiderhugger")
    From other drow people Thaix would readily trust only those who still follow teachings of Eilistraee. Otherwise he would trust only those he would have known for very long time.

I hope this piece of information does satisfy those who might have bothered to read this thread since beginning. If this post denies something said earlier, please rely on this post for information since it is the latest!
    See you! (maybe)
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Welcome back! Been a while!

J
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Indeed it has been quite a while. I can't say that it is good to be back as people usually say. I have been "back" for quite some time even if i haven't posted anything. I will just continue stalking class forums and off topic threads. I know that general discussion is not really my place.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I'm soft permitting authors to bring back their character's stories unlike a poster to another thread just commenting 3 months later. Stories have lulls and then jump up again. Some things here even about the game changing may cause delays until resolved. Just don't do this with other threads and "necroing"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just read begining of your story so I'm goin to say few words only about that.

Evil jump out of hole and start punishing emo kid. Sorry that's bad begining.

Make new one, why most of people start story from bad begining? I know there is well know fact that people like from zero to hero but really i belive you can be more creative than that. Make sure to remember that if you go to far with too optimistic or negative story you will end up with very unrealistic world.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    Just read begining of your story so I'm goin to say few words only about that.

Evil jump out of hole and start punishing emo kid. Sorry that's bad begining.

Make new one, why most of people start story from bad begining? I know there is well know fact that people like from zero to hero but really i belive you can be more creative than that. Make sure to remember that if you go to far with too optimistic or negative story you will end up with very unrealistic world.

Yes I know very well that it is a bad beginning. But in my opinion it fits him. And he's not a "hero" type of character (at least i try to keep him not to be like that)
    You don't like the story. That's your opinion, other might like it. I understand your point of the view and your criticism has been taken. However I can't edit my first parts of the story so if I would like to update them I would have to make updated parts of the earlier version behind the ending and I don't really like that kind of order.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's bad form to look at the beginning of something then comment. I as a fact read all your your posts sy even if it gets very detailed. Do the author a courtesy and base the feedback on how the whole thing works out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's bad form to look at the beginning of something then comment. I as a fact read all your your posts sy even if it gets very detailed. Do the author a courtesy and base the feedback on how the whole thing works out.

Just read story. I must say you suprised me at few places in a good way.

All I want to point out to get my point is that part from the fact that begining is "cliche" even if we forget about that we see that writer make a very strong character line. You make his life hell and that have to make inpact on character choices. It's not good to make character life too negative because you will have to follow that patter all the way.

If you make your character negative on one page and that optimistic on second it''s not gonna work well. I don't like to say people what they should write but if i could give bit of advice then i would follow the pattern and create tragedy and on the way introduced new hero that would continue your story after main character downfall.

You should make him evil but i think there is still somethin that makes him good and it would be nice if you kill that thing.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    sylatrasylatra Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Just 2 things I couldn't digest:

- I thought I read in 4e book somewhere that there is no such thing as half-drow as "the drow eat any human foolish enough to come close to them" (though there are 'half-drow half-demons'
    - I can't remember of geass used in D&D lit as spell, but I think in irish(?) mythology it is a just a resolution (e.g. I won't kill any chicken) because of which the person becomes more strong. So I really didn't get how geass helped him.

Other than that story is developing nice.

Actually OIn the Lireal Baerne series, there was a play that her and the human may have made love at one point, so yes it is possible to have a half elf draw running around..in fact I believe in the underdark some of the dark elves have been know to have fun with their slaves in the underdark, hence some of the half breeeds that run around...but hey anything can happen in the world of FR. ;)
    Lenbanner_zps30648f84.jpg