test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric confirmed

2»

Comments

• Options
    pinipigpinipig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    they need to retain the D&D staple cleric spells (which i think are) namely:
    1. flame strike
    2. heal
    3. bless
    4. mass heal
    5. lvl 9 spell Gate
    6. protection from evil
    7. resurrection
    8. symbols
    9. firestorm
  • Options
    aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was a huge fan of clerics in NWN1 & 2. That being said, the player that keeps everyone alive tends to be pretty popular. The mechanics I have seen for new the new neverwinter leads to a major improvement in the fact that clerics will have all the fun potential to heal and damage, but with out the endless buffs. Spells like stone skin, omg I cringe with the memories of the thousands of stone skin spells I cast on team mates. Getting ready for a fight in NWN was like Stone skin six time, Protection from evil six times, protection from death spells six times, ect. In short I am really looking forward to playing a cleric that can focus on action, and not have to rest every 10 minutes.
  • Options
    legiosmortislegiosmortis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My assumption is that the Devoted Cleric will be a ranged healer. After a year or so mending <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and triaging names as a priest in TERA, the traditional ranged life-spammer has grown on me a little. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful that they'll provide a melee healer that isn't a paladin soon after launch. I've fond memories of the Disciple of Khaine that need reliving!
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My assumption is that the Devoted Cleric will be a ranged healer. After a year or so mending <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and triaging names as a priest in TERA, the traditional ranged life-spammer has grown on me a little. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful that they'll provide a melee healer that isn't a paladin soon after launch. I've fond memories of the Disciple of Khaine that need reliving!

The devoted cleric, if it's nearly even similar to the 4e one, is a ranged healer. It has some damaging powers, though.

The battle cleric, which probably will be in the game immediately, is your choice of melee healer.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes it is a ranged healer. Warpriests or battlepriests, neither are in the game at release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes it is a ranged healer. Warpriests or battlepriests, neither are in the game at release.

Bummer. This is not a good news. I'll be forced to build a ranged cleric.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus