What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NWCrazy

Comments

• Options
    tearingtheweavetearingtheweave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At this point I don't know. The traffic may be nice but for those of us who build them we'd constantly have to build just so we wouldn't get bored of playing the same adventure over and over again. I was/am hoping that the dev's here understand the limitations and perhaps if not at launch but at some future date allow a persistent community to start up but I'm not thinking that to be the case unfortunately.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    At this point I don't know. The traffic may be nice but for those of us who build them we'd constantly have to build just so we wouldn't get bored of playing the same adventure over and over again. I was/am hoping that the dev's here understand the limitations and perhaps if not at launch but at some future date allow a persistent community to start up but I'm not thinking that to be the case unfortunately.

This I do understand. For all of the tools available in the videos it does have limitations to be within the areas provided. I'm wondering if this will be large enough to fit the dreams of the creators within the gaming community or not.
    A small example is the D&D Heroes of Neverwinter where user dungeons are held on a single server, rated by the gamers and then available under limited usage. By limited, I mean that experience in them is not permanently grafted on your toons you use in the regular campaign. Seems at first to be a balance issue to disable cheaters from running some sort of bypass, but in reality it cheats the foundry designers due to this severe dead end for character advancement.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Guild Name NwNCrazy

Guild Leader:Kyllroy2
    Guild Contact:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neverwinter-Nights-Crazy/
    Website: Yahoo group still running 10 years supporting the lineage of games
    Guild Currently Recruiting:Yes
    Current Guild Size:3
    Guild Size Goal: 20 +
    Guild Type: Action, RP not strictly enforced
    Guild Peak Time Zones:PST but all welcome

Description: D&D fanbase with years of gameplay. Our group has members still active from NwN1, PnP and BG family games some may contribute foundary worlds after launch.

Hello! Veteran NWN1 player here (though it's been a Looooooong time). Been playing Champions Online since closed beta and got "appropriated" by PWE, so I've already got an account on the forums. I've been on the NWN-Crazy yahoo group for many years, too.

Hopefully I will have time to check out the new NWN game. I really liked NWN1. NWN2 was a little rough, but seemed pretty good, too. Looking forward to hacking a little slash again!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hello! Veteran NWN1 player here (though it's been a Looooooong time). Been playing Champions Online since closed beta and got "appropriated" by PWE, so I've already got an account on the forums. I've been on the NWN-Crazy yahoo group for many years, too.

Hopefully I will have time to check out the new NWN game. I really liked NWN1. NWN2 was a little rough, but seemed pretty good, too. Looking forward to hacking a little slash again!

Welcome! Looking ahead at rebuilding a community with the rest of the refugees. I have restarted posting in the old board now that there is finally something to crow about. I crab a little but am secretly real excited. Should I count you in on the guild with this name?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Don't look now, but Andrethegiant is hosting a podcast and inviting the prospective guild leaders to a roundtable discussion next week. He edits the program and makes it worthwhile. Also he is advertising a mystery guest for the next addition. Several of us are goin to talk a bit and it is happening on the debut of the beta weekend that is opening up for the first taste of the rough product we will soon be enjoying. Check progress and link up for the event. Its got to a good time. I am looking forward to it and news of the coming Neverwinter game. http://nwocrossroads.tumblr.com/
    Free itunes link a little into the news.
    I will be posting this for the yahoogroup in my signature to see what is cooking there.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I bought my Heroes of the North-starter pack today so I am officially in on the bottom rung of life's little pleasure NWO!
    We are updated to OMG, 3 members and full steam ahead!

Looking for more members in this old rooted NwNCrazy tree that has seen some weather and been involved for most of 11 years now.SampM_zps4cde338b.jpg

Don't mind the guy behind the green curtain....
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This guild was created out of the Neverwinter Yahoo group that I have run for 10 years. Our original 170 membership has grown to a solid mailing list with proven members now totaling 211. This is pretty good considering the shaft we received from Atari, Bioware and the rest of the guilty. There is love there and that keeps it real baby!
    I will continue to cross post these updates to our board and hope to garner the interest of as many of the members that care to read their mail.
    New members that are interested need only post a request here or PM me.
    Our vision for the game, of course depends on the content, how fun it is, guild benefits, and any other perks we can scare up for members to make the new Neverwinter their home for the foreseeable future.
    So welcome to NwNCrazy, the place where you feel at ease from your dungeon diving and also to find friendship. We will talk a lot about gameplay, builds and modules. Bring something with you to share and pull up a chair.
    art.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This guild was created out of the Neverwinter Yahoo group that I have run for 10 years. Our original 170 membership has grown to a solid mailing list with proven members now totaling 211. This is pretty good considering the shaft we received from Atari, Bioware and the rest of the guilty. There is love there and that keeps it real baby!
    I will continue to cross post these updates to our board and hope to garner the interest of as many of the members that care to read their mail.
    New members that are interested need only post a request here or PM me.
    Our vision for the game, of course depends on the content, how fun it is, guild benefits, and any other perks we can scare up for members to make the new Neverwinter their home for the foreseeable future.
    So welcome to NwNCrazy, the place where you feel at ease from your dungeon diving and also to find friendship. We will talk a lot about gameplay, builds and modules. Bring something with you to share and pull up a chair.
    art.jpg

My effort to attract more players won't be a door to door knocking campaign, but depending on how much time we can dedicate and how widespread the game gets, I will try and keep it on the front page with updates and to post on the Neverwinter Nights message board. I would also, before the game launches want to know the wishes of the members for plans.
    On the podcast we learned that some form of guild housing is in the works. Qualifying for one of these structures may be a first step for our group. Use the PM system to apply and make suggestions.
    Last thing is to ask if any are in the beta and what your impressions are.
    Kyllroy
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok client downloaded and chomping at the bit. Don't mind the skeletal remains of my former self that started some four years back and was left in the stall... What's left of my excitement is about to be exhumed in tomorrows guild leader roundtable...If you are looking for a guild and want something loose and without time schedules, come here.
    My credentials are that I faithfully ran the Yahoo Neverwinter Nights messageboard for 10 years, maintaining files, screenshots, polls and fun. As often as people would ask they would get answers for gameplay or a path to find information on builds and fun lore.
    I hope tomorrows meeting will unveil more of the guild perks that we can expect. I also expect there to me a groundswell of members joining most of the established guilds just for the exchange of friendship, skill secrets and foundry work.
    Whatever the wealth of knowledge that pours out of the next podcast, I expect Andre to make it enjoyable and filled with Rock music. I even submitted an original song just in case he becomes desperate...:p http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Got the beta code for weekend #3!!!!!!!!!!! I may actually have an opinion in a couple of days.

Look for the podcast to air tomorrow too. http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/ I got in there with several of the guild leaders and Andre driving us to talk. It went a long way in laying it all down for a good solid start. I'm sure the devs will notice the suggestions that came out of this. It was informative for me and i have been at this a while.
    I am Xposting these to the NwN messageboard on yahoo. Please apply there for offline guild chat and requests for anything that we have offered to us when it launches and we move into the NwNCrazy mansion.:cool:
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got the beta code for weekend #3!!!!!!!!!!! I may actually have an opinion in a couple of days.

Look for the podcast to air tomorrow too. http://nwocrossroads.tumblr.com/ I got in there with several of the guild leaders and Andre driving us to talk. It went a long way in laying it all down for a good solid start. I'm sure the devs will notice the suggestions that came out of this. It was informative for me and i have been at this a while.
    I am Xposting these to the NwN messageboard on yahoo. Please apply there for offline guild chat and requests for anything that we have offered to us when it launches and we move into the NwNCrazy mansion.:cool:

Just a quick update for our friends of NwNCrazy... Our podcast home recently changed to http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/

So... look for NOCS Episode #3 Segment 1 to be released tomorrow, March 22... with Segment 2 next week! It was a joy having ya on kyllroy2!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Was fun being there!
    I'm downloading the podcast while writing this. Yay Andre!

I finally played in CBW#3 and am really loving the huge number of players swarming the gigantic city. Getting used to the interface more and understanding the intent for combat purposes to build it like they did. I also saw our guild central location on the map that isn't open yet. I figure the cluster of people will get more organized after launch into guilds and closed parties so the chat channel won't be so clogged and sweeping through like the stock market report.

NwNCrazy will be here for the duration. I am loving the fantastic job they have done.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just a quick update for our friends of NwNCrazy... Our podcast home recently changed to http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/

So... look for NOCS Episode #3 Segment 1 to be released tomorrow, March 22... with Segment 2 next week! It was a joy having ya on kyllroy2!
    Well I finally saw the guild list in Closed Beta Weekend #3 but I'm sad to say that someone left NwNCrazy guild off the list. I really want to introduce new players but its kinda hard when you are Casper....
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well I finally saw the guild list in Closed Beta Weekend #3 but I'm sad to say that someone left NwNCrazy guild off the list. I really want to introduce new players but its kinda hard when you are Casper....

Yeah, this is a seldom talked about dilemma. If you do not have a certain number of guildies on, your guild does not show up on the guild list. Its a terrible idea and needs changing. Think the magic number is 5.

On the other hand guilds werent expected in at all during launch, so I guess they are ahead of schedule :) The ones who organize their peoples are the ones that will be there in the end.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, this is a seldom talked about dilemma. If you do not have a certain number of guildies on, your guild does not show up on the guild list. Its a terrible idea and needs changing. Think the magic number is 5.

On the other hand guilds werent expected in at all during launch, so I guess they are ahead of schedule :) The ones who organize their peoples are the ones that will be there in the end.

I heard it was worse with the requirement for 5, yes but they have to be partied and in the same instance to form up. Its like they are telling us, "yes you can have guilds, but only if you pre sell out the concert". What about ticket sales at the gate?:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    268 group members just got this message:
    Some of you are reminded to refresh your membership by me reactivating your account.
    Others are encouraged to edit your account here and see the recent changes and news of the forthcoming Neverwinter game that is in beta, free to download and play.
    The location of the download and forum in addition to trailers of gameplay is here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/

Most of all, take my opinion on the updated game. It is fun. I hope some of you will play or keep up with the progress until it is officially released, most likely in June 2013.

Until then, a selected lucky few will be playing in the pre-release Beta. I have, and am letting you all know it is different than NwN, although it shares the name and lore of the Forgotten Realms.
    Bioware and Atari threw dirt in our face and figured there was no money to be made. We are lucky to have the chance to become part of a big community again. I think many of you will like the format and some will think it lacks good storytelling. Not to worry. The community made adventures and D&D groups are on track to create the stories that you love and I do believe that this will be a great new home to spend endless hours in.
    I am creating a NwNCrazy guild and invite you all to participate as little or as much as your busy schedules have time for.
    Thank you,
    Nathan/Moderator and in NW Kyllroy2 on the forum there
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Guild Name NWCrazy

Guild Contact:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neverwinter-online/
    Current Guild Size:6

Description: D&D fanbase with years of gameplay. Our group has members still active from NwN1, PnP and BG family games some may contribute foundary worlds after launch.

Updated: Included is one player who is in the classic rock band -Three Dog Night, Cory. He is interested, but has to complete his registration and download. He got me fabulous seats at some killer events. New link to the guild and group added. Its focused only on the current game now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Originally Posted by kyllroy2
    Guild Name NWCrazy

Guild Contact:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neverwinter-online/
    Current Guild Size:6

Description: D&D fanbase with years of gameplay. Our group has members still active from NwN1&2, PnP and BG family games some may contribute foundary worlds after launch.

A new Yahoo/Groups website will be the guild home. Join there for offsite banter. You don't need to be a guild member, just enjoy a little corner of the web to talk about whatever game related subjects are current. In fact, any guild in need of a home is welcome to use the group for a base as long as it remains civil. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neverwinter-online/
  • Options
    cyberbitus1cyberbitus1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey, guys - finally made it! Can't seem to find a way to change my name but no big deal.

In the process of reading the threads.

Just FYI that it was a bit difficult to find you - of course, I'm still muddlin' my way around.

Myles of Neverwinter
    (Ken)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hey, guys - finally made it! Can't seem to find a way to change my name but no big deal.

In the process of reading the threads.

Just FYI that it was a bit difficult to find you - of course, I'm still muddlin' my way around.

Myles of Neverwinter
    (Ken)

Aren't we all! Welcome Myles! Looks like we'll have plenty of room to play here. There is just no stopping the place when you allow Adventure creators in the door!
    Kyllroy2/Nathan
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay - first silly question: how do I subscribe to this thread or is one automatically subscribed when replying?
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Kyllroy dont forget to play the quest "The Missing Merchants" in Open Beta and pay attention to the stuff in it.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Think I found it: "Go Advanced" when posting gives you this option.

Myles
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Top right, thread tools.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks - I see it now. Knew it had to be somewhere more convenient.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Kyllroy dont forget to play the quest "The Missing Merchants" in Open Beta and pay attention to the stuff in it.

I will death thanks. Now I can't remember what level that it pops up for.

Thanks Gill too. I just didn't have enough time to try your foundry module, but I will. I did link your manual for the new people to read. Wonderful looking job on that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys - any pointers on where to find codes to access the game?

Myles
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... I did link your manual for the new people to read. Wonderful looking job on that.
    Thanks ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys - any pointers on where to find codes to access the game?

Myles

You came late Myles. Closed beta is over except for those paying more money than me, who start a few days earlier than the 30th when open beta begins. Until then, join the cheap seats and get ready. There are plenty of people itchin to go and the forums are popping.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Do ya'll have a shard figured out yet? Tyrs will be on Mindflayer if your interested to join us :)

(at some point they will combine shards so it wont matter in the long term...)