test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Atari

cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Off Topic
Randomly in the gaming world... atari filed Chapter 11. Let's all buy daggerdale!
Post edited by cosmictimber on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A cleric of Selune somewhere takes over 9000 times 9000^9000^9000 points damage.

His last words were - "Why.. this... name... here..."
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe I can buy the info to make an original Atari 2600(I keep my Atari 2600 in a box in my room) and the Flashbacks.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Apple is sure to follow Atari, they were both made by Steve Jobs

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I instantly got a flash-back where i was sitting in my pajamas playing Commando.

_-Commando-Atari-2600-VCS-_.jpg
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe I can buy the info to make an original Atari 2600(I keep my Atari 2600 in a box in my room) and the Flashbacks.

You have an original 2600 in your room?? Man that's gotta be worth a big bucks, certainly to a collector.

MOON PATROL Fk Yeah!

atari-2600-score-magazine-commercial.jpg
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have 2 Commodore Amigas and a CD TV still floating around.... Do they count in this retro contest?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Atari really isn't Atari it is the abomination Infogrames hiding behind the Atari name....that company was such a laughing stock in the industry it started using the Atari brand...and quickly turned that name into a laughing stock as well.

When I remember Atari,I remember that awesome company that gave us Centipede, Astroids and Robotank.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    You have an original 2600 in your room?? Man that's gotta be worth a big bucks, certainly to a collector.

MOON PATROL Fk Yeah!

atari-2600-score-magazine-commercial.jpg
    yah a 4 switch woodgrain model with combat and I have been one of the first people to create an Atari 400 power cable in a long time, and I am the first to fully document what kind of Power cable/Adapter.(I have guys from AtariAge forums visit my blog for that reason)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I buy fix and sell Cartridge based consoles as a hobby(when I have cash). I have a NES in my room also, I tried to get my hands on a Commodore 64 a few months back at an estate sell but they wanted like $60 and I knew no-one would buy it, in the end it never sold but all the stuff was taken elsewhere and I couldnt buy it.

I know how to clean it all and fix a good bit of stuff, I can also add LEDs turn off the regional lockouts and more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *comes in holy water flying out to splash the evil and...*
    Randomly in the gaming world... atari filed Chapter 11. Let's all buy daggerdale!

*This proves the existance of a higher power*
    Atari really isn't Atari it is the abomination Infogrames hiding behind the Atari name....that company was such a laughing stock in the industry it started using the Atari brand...and quickly turned that name into a laughing stock as well.

When I remember Atari,I remember that awesome company that gave us Centipede, Astroids and Robotank.

The abomination is dead! Long live the true name of Atari!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because I avoid the word like wailing plague and had dealings with a god (ex-devil but now a god) to keep it away from NW - I only read the news now.

Well, although I kind of feel they deserved it for destroying games, I was hoping on their reformation instead of their destruction - but that Selunite in me speaking ...

Strange I feel no satisfaction but a regret (or is it pity) for them.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, they were great once, long long ago. Then, for whatever reason, they went downhill and never got back up it. I am not suprised and I am glad this daemon may finally be put to rest.
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I remember Neverwinter Nights, I played the bejeezus out of it, and its expansions. I also remember being super excited about NwN2, only to have it see like I'd been cheated when the game was full of bugs and clunks and general oddities...and then there was hope...Daggerdale. Well...that escalated quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Apple seems to be going down... this doesnt look good. The zombie slaves wont know what to do or buy without Apple...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They'll switch to Google....

Speaking of deaemon killing, since we all helped kill this beast, how much XP do we get? I know it already spent all the gold and treasure :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lawfulstupidlawfulstupid Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2013
    Apple seems to be going down... this doesnt look good. The zombie slaves wont know what to do or buy without Apple...

Say what you will about Apple, but that was a pretty epic run by Steve Jobs. The iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc were all ridiculously successful and ended up being massive trend-setters.
    The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Say what you will about Apple, but that was a pretty epic run by Steve Jobs. The iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc were all ridiculously successful and ended up being massive trend-setters.

Yah but every time Steve Jobs ever left one of his companies even for a few months they started to go to Hell-in-a-Handbasket if you know what I mean. When Steve Jobs went to work at Atari, Apple nearly went out of business.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lawfulstupidlawfulstupid Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2013
    Yah but every time Steve Jobs ever left one of his companies even for a few months they started to go to Hell-in-a-Handbasket if you know what I mean. When Steve Jobs went to work at Atari, Apple nearly went out of business.

Hey, Pixar ain't doing too shabby :)
    The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.