test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Cleric demo trailer would be great right about now

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited February 2013 in The Temple
A Cleric demo trailer would be great right about now.

That is all :) Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

+1 /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I am too very hyped for the devoted cleric preview video. Also the ideas of its prestige classes have been running rampant in my mind. I have even gone as far as looking up all the cleric 4ed pre built characters, to see what kind of skills they will have or at least based around to some extent.

Was surprised by how in 4ed the cleric is more about enabling other players to use their heal or enhance their heals. I am not sure how this will translate in game but one can but imagine and be excited.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    I am too very hyped for the devoted cleric preview video. Also the ideas of its prestige classes have been running rampant in my mind. I have even gone as far as looking up all the cleric 4ed pre built characters, to see what kind of skills they will have or at least based around to some extent.

Was surprised by how in 4ed the cleric is more about enabling other players to use their heal or enhance their heals. I am not sure how this will translate in game but one can but imagine and be excited.

Not (just) clerics but the "leader" roles. Warlords, Bards, Artificers even Druids (depending on the build) can do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /agree with this post:)
  • Options
    schweebusschweebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yar! it would be cool to see this!
  • Options
    zuiquannzuiquann Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I agree as well, Would be awsome to see one in play :)!!
  • Options
    gwensdinnergwensdinner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    The one video I've been very interested in seeing. "Taps foot......"
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hell yea! Clerics are awesome in FR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What would be awesome is now that the forum population exploded with the Alpha key giveaway, is to debut the Cleric video through the game's site/ you tube!

I CAN HAZ CLERIC VIDEOS?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    faleth77 wrote: »
    What would be awesome is now that the forum population exploded with the Alpha key giveaway, is to debut the Cleric video through the game's site/ you tube!

I CAN HAZ CLERIC VIDEOS?!?
    *Is about to turn over a Cheeseburger when he realizes his mistake and has to start over from the very beginning*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    battlehealerbattlehealer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I thought they would have a Cleric Class Trailer about now...
  • Options
    kyrotepkyrotep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    Yes plz, clerc video. I want to see how the heal dynamic works.
  • Options
    byphbyph Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Perhaps they're saving the best for last?
  • Options
    haldavinhaldavin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been waiting for the video for a long time. I just hope the cleric is everything I made it out to be in my head.
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    byph wrote: »
    Perhaps they're saving the best for last?

Absolutely this.

Well, we "kinda" saw the Cleric healing potential in the german preview of the game. It is really a healer, and a good one.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No specifics but I'll say worth the wait.

Not as fun as I know the GWF will be of course, but I'm ridiculously biased and recognize it :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No specifics but I'll say worth the wait.

Not as fun as I know the GWF will be of course, but I'm ridiculously biased and recognize it :p

Probably you don't like messing up with people red bar as i do, though :D

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Keeping the red bars full is surprisingly difficult, tactical and fun. I didn't get into playing healing classes til late in my MMO foray.
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Well if they introduce THP, that'll be rather interesting too. Wards and whatnot. Im very curious how the Leader roles are going to flesh out in NWO-- Cleric and Pally both. If they toss in some of the others like Lazylor-- er Warlords, even better. :)
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Keeping the red bars full is surprisingly difficult, tactical and fun. I didn't get into playing healing classes til late in my MMO foray.

Yeah, i agree. You are really the one who carry the party during most threatening fights.
    ragnarlawl wrote:
    Well if they introduce THP, that'll be rather interesting too. Wards and whatnot. Im very curious how the Leader roles are going to flesh out in NWO-- Cleric and Pally both. If they toss in some of the others like Lazylor-- er Warlords, even better.

I'm surprised they didn't put in the warlord, since it is, without doubts, the most played leader. Not surprisingly, since it's horribly overpowered. Things like Provoke Overextention, Death from Two Sides, No Gambit is Wasted, just to name a few, shouldn't have made up at all.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Stupid question but THP=Temporary hit points?

Oh if I only had details to give...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Stupid question but THP=Temporary hit points?

Yes, which are kind of a big deal for clerics in 4e, and even more for some Paladin builds.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Yes, which are kind of a big deal for clerics in 4e, and even more for some Paladin builds.
    Yep! Even some of the fighter builds with feats had some unique setups. What was it-- rejuvinating keyword? Something like that. When you played a power with that keyword you would get (con bonus) in THP. Then dwarves could get a feat on top of that. You could keep a handful of disposable hit point on hand to really 'tank' it up.

It made some of the rougher campaign settings, like Dark Sun, slightly more survivable.

I am a bit surprised about the Warlord, too. It had some amazing applications as long as you had good friends along with things like a high basic (melee/ranged) attack. On that same token... monks. NWO isnt NWN3, but monks have been around for some time-- I remember the Oriental suppliment for AD&D even.

Thing is-- Monks are part of that Psi group. Im not sure how they'd implement Psionic Points. Maybe a class mechanic similar to the block mechanic on sword-n-board fighter?

Sorry in advance for the topic derails. Monks are strikers, not leaders. :P
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ragnarlawl wrote: »

Thing is-- Monks are part of that Psi group. Im not sure how they'd implement Psionic Points. Maybe a class mechanic similar to the block mechanic on sword-n-board fighter?

4e monks are win win. It is something which is very likeable in 4e. Once you get doped on 4e monk, you can never enjoy 3e monk.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yep! Even some of the fighter builds with feats had some unique setups. What was it-- rejuvinating keyword? Something like that. When you played a power with that keyword you would get (con bonus) in THP. Then dwarves could get a feat on top of that. You could keep a handful of disposable hit point on hand to really 'tank' it up.

It made some of the rougher campaign settings, like Dark Sun, slightly more survivable.

I am a bit surprised about the Warlord, too. It had some amazing applications as long as you had good friends along with things like a high basic (melee/ranged) attack. On that same token... monks. NWO isnt NWN3, but monks have been around for some time-- I remember the Oriental suppliment for AD&D even.

Not a fan of Dark Sun... it doesn't have the two things i love most in this game (divine and arcane magic... arcane is technically unusable).

That said, Monk is definitely a good class in this game. It kinda fits in the same spot Sorcerer and Blaster wizard does: aoe striker, 5th man. Monk is a great MC choice and a decent hybrid.
    Warlord is definitely on another floor: it's, and by far, the strongest leader in the game (and i'm a cleric fan). Not only it's the best attack enabler, but it's also an extremely good buffer and a decent healer. It has without questions some of the best powers and feat support in the game.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not a fan of Dark Sun... it doesn't have the two things i love most in this game (divine and arcane magic... arcane is technically unusable).

That said, Monk is definitely a good class in this game. It kinda fits in the same spot Sorcerer and Blaster wizard does: aoe striker, 5th man. Monk is a great MC choice and a decent hybrid.
    Warlord is definitely on another floor: it's, and by far, the strongest leader in the game (and i'm a cleric fan). Not only it's the best attack enabler, but it's also an extremely good buffer and a decent healer. It has without questions some of the best powers and feat support in the game.

TBH Dark Sun and Ravenloft are my least favorite settings. FR is one of my favorites by far. Im looking forward to NWO because of that. :)

Really-- REALLY-- hoping either Monk or Warlord make either the first cut or are introduced in a year or two. I get the feeling they are going PHB with this so far. But... while we are on the topic.

Swordmage? Thats a FR 4e book exclusive and a decent part of FR lore. Same with half-gensei and drow.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Swordmage? Thats a FR 4e book exclusive and a decent part of FR lore. ...

FR specific stuff like swordmage, genasi, dragonborn and drow should be implemented as they are more or less exclusive feature to forgotten realms now (in terms of demographics, they all the common in FR).

Monks and psions are not very prelevant in FR lands and are quite rare. Monks are very rare infact(the one who use psion) and the normal monks in FR are those who preserve knowledge and help terminally ill people to ease their pain.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    FR specific stuff like swordmage, genasi, dragonborn and drow should be implemented as they are more or less exclusive feature to forgotten realms now (in terms of demographics, they all the common in FR).

/agreed

I just hope it doesnt go the way of 'Alright team, we have to pick x classes and y races to implement to meet the deadline. We need to cut a few before launch'. Being a project manager on this game has got to be stressful.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Drow could be actually FR specific (have you seen Drows in Eberron? I hope you haven't)... but this isn't true for Dragonborns. Unfortunately they weren't applied in a decent way in FRCS.

Swordmage should definitely be implemented, because they have a very broad fanbase and they specifically come from FR.

I still hope for a spellplague template...

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Drow could be actually FR specific (have you seen Drows in Eberron? I hope you haven't)... but this isn't true for Dragonborns. Unfortunately they weren't applied in a decent way in FRCS.

Swordmage should definitely be implemented, because they have a very broad fanbase and they specifically come from FR.

I still hope for a spellplague template...

Dragonborn are native to FR now, as Abeir was torn away and included to FR - not decent but I guess you have to take all good and bad in your stride. They also have their own city of Tymanther but they have not made many allies yet. Though because of their hate and martial expertise against dragons, they are well sought after as PC for parties (thus making them common among adventurers even when they are not common among NPCs).

I think were presented in lieu of Aasimars to replace them as most favored race for Paladins.