test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Cleric demo trailer would be great right about now

2»

Comments

• Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Dragonborn are native to FR now, as Abeir was torn away and included to FR - not decent but I guess you have to take all good and bad in your stride. They also have their own city of Tymanther but they have not made many allies yet. Though because of their hate and martial expertise against dragons, they are well sought after as PC for parties (thus making them common among adventurers even when they are not common among NPCs).

I think were presented in lieu of Aasimars to replace them as most favored race for Paladins.

Yeah. They make good pallies as a CHA race. I always struggled using them as a Fighter, though, even though a lot of the feats lend themselves to it. And dragonfear? So nice. :D

Gil do you remember the lore for why the Aasamir went kerpoof? I know we have Devas now but-- not the same thing iirc.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Dragonborn are native to FR now, as Abeir was torn away and included to FR - not decent but I guess you have to take all good and bad in your stride.

Oh, i know. I wasn't saying that they're not native of FR, but their implementation into FR is kinda messed up.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really hope they add the Warlord class, much more my style of Leader class.
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ragnarlawl wrote: »
    Gil do you remember the lore for why the Aasamir went kerpoof? I know we have Devas now but-- not the same thing iirc.

They never existed :p

As per 4e, it is not possible for either gods or devils to have procreate with any species. They may undergo asexual reproduction by splitting into two or something - like an amoeba.

Devas are cool class of people who take form and are some part of the deity - think of the PC from BG, he could be regarded as a deva of Bhaal. They are however, free to oppose the deity who they are deva of - a problem more common with evil deities (you see, if their dogma is I am the coolest all other must die, the deva will not serve the god but will declare that dogma him/herself. So he/she will show finger to the deity and will try to kill it instead)

They also cannot procreate with other species.

deva_zpsafda55dc.jpg
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well, we wanted a demo and we'll get a whole several weekends soon instead!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I still hope we get a Cleric demo before beta. One last pre-beta tease.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    ironbloodzironbloodz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bring us the amazing Cleric powers! Cleric is my fav D&D class and I am sure this game will portray them in the most amazing way possible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    I'm actually going to be disappointed if all the other classes got preview videos before Beta and the Devoted Cleric does not. It's not a "deal breaker" per se, but still...a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agree with you on the video. The drawback on redoing the cleric's powers to make it work. Same with the rogue but not as much and they already made the video before the revision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manamunchermanamuncher Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    knowing cryptic we should get a vid after beta....