test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Share your class list

gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
With five builds confirmed, pick out your favorite/preffered class builds you think cryptic should release(and its order) and share with us!

(already released):
- Guardian Fighter
- Two handed fighter
- Control wizard
- Trickter Rogue
- Devoted Cleric
~~~~~~~~

My list:-

(prospective)
At launch
Protecting Paladin
Prescient Bard
Guardian Druid
Scourge Warlock
Storm Sorcerer
Pursuing Avenger
Two blade ranger
Stonefist Monk
First update:
- Thaneborn Barbarian
- Wrathful Invoker
- Telekinetic Psion
- Battle Cleric
- Summoner Wizard
Second Update:
- Blackguard
- Shadowmancer
- Ensnaring Swordmage
Third Update:
- Virtuous Paladin
- Telepathic Psion
- Skirmishing Warlord
Fourth Update:
- Euphoric Ardent
- Eagle Shaman
- Summoner Druid
Fifth Update:
- Tempest Fighter
- Aerialist Rogue
- Illusionist Wizard
Sixth and Seventh Update:
- Thunderborn Barbarian
- Harrier Battlemind
- Iron Soul
- Shaper Psion

Then later the other classes.
Post edited by gillrmn on

Comments

• viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not a single "pew pew" among the list? For shame! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    less QQ more PEW PEW
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The pew pew I like are in paragon paths, not in class-builds so ...

But it is my list. Feel free to add yours! I would love to see them!

p.s. My pew pew choice would be the bard I wrote story in paragon path for, or a Seldarin dedicate.
    edited January 2013
    And and don't be shy while demanding classes. I will quote Stormshade here:-
    There's really no limit to the number of classes we can add into Neverwinter.

We're starting off with a few of the more iconic classes, and then we'll be adding in more to the game as time goes on. I'm personally pretty excited about this, just from hearing the team talk about all the different classes, and races, they want to be able to add into the game eventually.

Thanks,

Stormshade

So they can make new classes easily, even if they don't have all at launch.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as your list includes Bard at launch, I dont care if we will be playing a Lemming next....

However, I do agree with the other posters... more pew pew!!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    And and don't be shy while demanding classes. I will quote Stormshade here:-

So they can make new classes easily, even if they don't have all at launch.

I just hope it wont be like DDO ,they promised new classes but for 3 years i never saw a new class.O wait i think 1 class ,after i left i heard they added some.
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    I just hope it wont be like DDO ,they promised new classes but for 3 years i never saw a new class.O wait i think 1 class ,after i left i heard they added some.

Yeah, I heard they finally added druid (lol)

But forget classes - that was quite a big deal for DDO to add classes, problem was the incomplete classes. e.g. half of the classes didn't have prestige classes, some of them had half of it upto level 2 It was highly erratic.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about a sorcerer elementalist for pew pew?:D
    edited January 2013
    How about a sorcerer elementalist for pew pew?:D

I think they go more like Swoosh Poosh Waaahhhrrrgggg BANNNGGG!

p.s. I gotta get off from monty python, but am scared of withdrawal symptoms.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still not warming up to these 4e class "builds". Would prefer just plain wizard, cleric, fighter, etc... that I could choose to build the way I want. Still willing to wait until the game comes out and play it before I pass final judgment. ;)

Is there such a thing as a Summoner Cleric in 4e? I was always a fan of summon monster spells when I played clerics.
    edited January 2013
    Still not warming up to these 4e class "builds". Would prefer just plain wizard, cleric, fighter, etc... that I could choose to build the way I want. Still willing to wait until the game comes out and play it before I pass final judgment. ;)
    They haven't ruled out multiclass and hybrid you know - just not at launch.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23911-Brief-Lore-Intro&p=371061#post371061
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My expectations (Only classes and builds included here):

- At Launch (1 class per role Defender, Striker, Leader, Controller):
    1a) Guardian Fighter
    1b) Great Weapon Fighter
    2a) Trickster Rogue
    2b) Brawny Rogue
    3a) Devoted Cleric
    3b) Battle Cleric
    4a) Control Wizard
    4b) War Wizard

- first batch of updates (other 4 classes - 1 per role)
    5a) Archer Ranger
    5b) Two Blades Ranger
    6a) Valorous Bard
    6b) Cunning Bard
    7a) Predator Druid
    7b) Guardian Druid
    8a) Protecting Paladin
    8b) Avenging Paladin

- Second Batch of updates (Third build for classes released thus far):
    1c) Tempest Fighter
    2c) Aerialist Rogue
    3c) Shielding Cleric
    4c) Summoner Wizard
    5c) Beastmaster Ranger
    6c) Prescient Bard
    7c) Swarm Druid
    8c) Virtuous Paladin

-Third Batch of updates (4 more classes, 1 per role, with 3 builds each)
    9a) Earth Warden
    9b) Wild Warden
    9c) Life Warden
    10a) Isolating Avenger
    10b) Pursuing Avenger
    10c) Commanding Avenger
    11a) Bear Shaman
    11b) Panther Shaman
    11c) Eagle Shaman
    12a) Preserving Invoker
    12b) Wrathful Invoker
    12c) Malediction Invoker

As for the remaining classes, it's too early to say, but optimally every class with every build should be in at the end ;P

Ok, I lied when I said these are my expectations, I'm not that optimistic. These are more my hopes ;P
  • quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    i dunno what these classes do a description would be nice but i do want to see arcane archer and especially a dragon disciple that leans more to the dragon rawr than bardlikeness

frenzied barbarian and maybe a variant that would add some leech ability on hit ? cause keeping them alive can be hard

and something like a naruto ninja for the future with collectable spirit shrouds( think kyubi shroud with different looks) and physical based spell/combos jutsu

a summoner that can summon giant elemental hands and stuff to smoosh foes depending on the elemental"part" summoned would grant different spells u can cast only while its up
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I really want a Hybrid Melee/Magic character of some sort. Its my favorite type of class, something like a WoW Death Knight, DAoC Thane or some sort of Battle Mage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • holldrholldr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    I really want a Hybrid Melee/Magic character of some sort. Its my favorite type of class, something like a WoW Death Knight, DAoC Thane or some sort of Battle Mage.

In D&D I think that cleric or warpriest fit pretty well in the role of a hybrid melee/magic class or maybe arcane trickster or paladin, it depends on you whether u want to focus more on melee or spells.
    19.jpg
    edited January 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

That means 4e FR exclusive class (yes a complete class of its own) called swordmage. or ardent, battlemnd etc - lots of choices
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see a large diversity of classes along with a custom class sometime during or after launch, hopefully shortly after launch, but I really think that because this will be a Forgotten Realms game that we should see FR specific classes sometime near or after launch. On a side note I really want to see a diversity of races including subraces in this game.

I do see Cryptic's hesitance to include a custom or freeform class or even multiclass (Gods I hope to see this as well) there are Diehard and longtime D&D fans that see this as essential to a complete D&D game. However they are making an MMO and there will be players who have never played and more rarely even heard of D&D that would not have a pleasant playing experience if all classes were freeform ie; wizard, cleric, fighter, ect due to not understanding the placement of stats, skill points, feats, and Prestige classes aka paragon paths. The reason to have predetermined builds for this reason makes total sense to allow first time players to have a meaningful play experience, but please Cryptic don't restrict all players with predetermined class builds. At some point, I'm pleading with you Cryptic, Please for the love of all that is D&D include an option to a build your own wizard, cleric, rogue, fighter, ect class.

As a long time D&D (CRPG especially) player some of the fun for me was trial and error building my own character, if I made a horrible choice and ultimately messed up my character build I either releveled (which I realize is not feasable for this game) or deleted and rerolled my character to correct the mistake.

I say this because I am very sure that other members of this dedicated forum community have the same if not in most cases more experience with D&D as myself probably feel the same as I do about most of what I have said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    My list for Launch:

GW FIghter
    Guardian Fighter
    Divine Cleric
    Battle Cleric
    Trickster Rogue
    (Some sort of ranged) Rogue
    Control Wizard
    (Another) Wizard

That is really all I expect at launch, maybe a 3rd build for each class but I doubt it. I would guess that Paladin and Ranger would be the next classes added in.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    GW and Guardian Fighter

Battle and Control Wizard

Battle and Devoted Cleric

Trickster and Scoundrel Rogue

Virtuous and Protecting Paladin

Two handed and archer Ranger

This is what i hope at launch.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
    edited January 2013
    You guys are too shy while asking for classes.... don't hold back!
  • jairyn1083jairyn1083 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ever since Shadows of Amn and the transition to 3e, I've considered the quintessential D&D lineup:

* barbarian
    * bard
    * cleric
    * druid
    * fighter
    * monk
    * paladin
    * ranger
    * rogue
    * sorcerer
    * wizard

With 4e, I think swordmage also becomes a necessity. My dream Neverwinter would ship with all those 12, each with at least two "builds" a la 4e.

I could see monk taking a backburner, as they're sort of shoehorned into the FR western fantasy pastiche, and barbarians and sorcerers have such similarities to fighters and wizards, perhaps they could wait a little, too. The others are just as important as the classic four man band (cleric, fighter, rogue, wizard), to me.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm with all the above, especially bladesinger since it's a Neverwinter class!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I would be overjoyed if Swordmage was in the game. I don't expect it in the least however.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
    edited January 2013
    I'm with all the above, especially bladesinger since it's a Neverwinter class!

+1 for Faerun specific classes and races. YAY!!!
  • ryhsryhs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    SWORDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    And.... That's it.
    edited January 2013
    ryhs wrote: »
    SWORDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    And.... That's it.

Is that Leeroooy?
    edited January 2013
    Gill, I got one for you. Is there a 4E equivilant to 3E's weaponmaster prestige class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Gill, I got one for you. Is there a 4E equivilant to 3E's weaponmaster prestige class?

yes there is kensai. i will get back on it when I go home and explain as using touchscreen now and cant type a lot. wow! no spell mistake!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    wow! no spell mistake!

*spelling

Touchscreen is no excuse :)