test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Product Manager Tweet for PWI what do you think it means?

Comments

• gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "we" won't get anything but more video previews of content they're only allowing press to actually play with....the rest of us won't get our hands on anything for another year too bad if you got sucked into the promo "they" don't care xD
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well nothing else from any twitter however GameStar is a German website...and I would assume that we won't here anything from them for another day or two
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "we" won't get anything but more video previews of content they're only allowing press to actually play with....the rest of us won't get our hands on anything for another year too bad if you got sucked into the promo "they" don't care xD

Ive been on this train since the beginning but I am glad to wait after playing D3 for its first few months
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012

Heh wrong game bud, Wow's forums are over *there ---->

The devs aren't as involved on the boards as in some games I've beta'd, but the company is pretty forthcoming with information then MANY games I've been involved with. Their stated release date of "early" 2013, and their beta date of "soon" are, while not as informative or quickly as I would like, at least acceptable to me. God knows I've seen them rush so many unfinished games through beta and into production that I would rather wait and play a more polished game then have them release a game that needed further beta testing and debugging!

It is a free game after all, so we won't have to wait for them to ship the discs and shell out $60+ just to download 5+ gig of fixes!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Also I am a gaming blogger and have been trying to get a key for media purposes with no avail. So do believe except for possibly IGN, G4, and GameInformer media may not have anything.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    quorforged wrote: »
    Indeed. Seems like it's a lot like what they are going for with Neverwinter, at least in terms of core gameplay.

Biggest complaint is no instance matching (I really liked TERA's), and the leveling is a bit bumpy (hit 18, and had no quests available to me until I ground mobs to get to 19). The combat is also a little less responsive than TERA.

RaiderZ gameplay is phenomenal, it's too bad there are now more gold spammers, dupers, hackers and bots on the servers than actual players.
    I keep an eye on the forums to see if anything is being done about it but so far... I'm having a better time playing RaiderZ on a small private server than on the PWE servers. I was willing to put up with a lot during the beta phase, but the game as it stands right now is... not what it should be.
  • rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *Gently pokes PM with a 10' pole for more info.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    rofehr wrote: »

Looks great. I'm pretty positive I'll be playing a Rogue when this game comes out.

Looking at that, I wonder if the Rogue will be a viable evasion tank, a la the Warrior in TERA. Keep using deft strike to dodge incoming attacks? There doesn't seem to be any cooldown on that ability.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    valandur1 wrote: »
    Heh wrong game bud, Wow's forums are over *there ---->

The devs aren't as involved on the boards as in some games I've beta'd, but the company is pretty forthcoming with information then MANY games I've been involved with. Their stated release date of "early" 2013, and their beta date of "soon" are, while not as informative or quickly as I would like, at least acceptable to me. God knows I've seen them rush so many unfinished games through beta and into production that I would rather wait and play a more polished game then have them release a game that needed further beta testing and debugging!

It is a free game after all, so we won't have to wait for them to ship the discs and shell out $60+ just to download 5+ gig of fixes!

Damned Skippy valandur1, have you ever noticed that those who whine for the game to be released are the exact same ones who are first in line to whine over unfinished products? I guess to them complaining the berating is much more fun than any MMO ever could be. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Additional tweeted information

First day of #Neverwinter press tour in Germany: 10 out of 10. Second day of press tour: Starting right now!

"first half of next year". We're officially announcing the release date as well as the beta planning etc in January.

https://twitter.com/NicvantSchip/status/280947912089927680

Also its available from jeuxvideo its slightly clearer

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos-editeurs/0003/00038190/dungeons-dragons-neverwinter-pc-le-voleur-fourbe-00109262.htm

and on gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ews4rw/neverwinter-exclusive-trickster-rogue-trailer
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Damned Skippy valandur1, have you ever noticed that those who whine for the game to be released are the exact same ones who are first in line to whine over unfinished products? I guess to them complaining the berating is much more fun than any MMO ever could be. :rolleyes:

Not to mention launches really set the stone for an MMO. Release a buggy game at launch and don't be surprised if you pretty much failed. This is even more so for Cryptic as already they have a name for themselves as being a lackluster MMO developer.

And really you are always gonna have those whiners no matter what. You can develop the golden MMO and whatever you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> turns to gold and these same whinners will still complain.

I just want Cryptic to actually start actually TALKING about their game, I can wait IF they will actually start talking bout their game. ANet did numerous blogs, dev diaries, class vids, ect ect throughout their development while Cryptic is nothing but extreme silence and the tiresome phrase from SS of "Soon...." that hardly ever fulfills his promise. For instance one of the "Soon..." that was on of the few that was delivered was just the news of the PWI acquisition which we really can give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> less about. No real tangible info has been release at all. Nothing on feats, how specialty classes will work out, healing mechanics, aggro mechanics, crafting, ect ect. Yes the foundry was shown off but that was months ago and while that is a key feature to NW it is hardly what will solely sustain it.

Been excited and disgruntled for NW. Excited because finally there is FINALLY a potential D&D title to entertained D&D fans that is modern. There's been total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for single player D&D games like from what people say about *shudder* Daggerfall and DDO is a complete atrocity of D&D and is doesn't even resemble D&D beyond the name of classes and setting in my eyes. It's pitiful how the best thing we got for D&D is a game engine that is what.... 15+ year old and even them many stick to the 20 year old version or how the good titles of great single player RPG are titles that were made 20 years ago.

Ehhh,,, went into a rant. Finally decided to buy Baulder's Gate enhanced edition a few days ago and absolutely loving it and is just depressing how no game developers could continue creating great RPG games like Baulder's Gate or IWD.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Additional tweeted information

First day of #Neverwinter press tour in Germany: 10 out of 10. Second day of press tour: Starting right now!

"first half of next year". We're officially announcing the release date as well as the beta planning etc in January.

https://twitter.com/NicvantSchip/status/280947912089927680

Also its available from jeuxvideo its slightly clearer

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos-editeurs/0003/00038190/dungeons-dragons-neverwinter-pc-le-voleur-fourbe-00109262.htm

If these videos are what is their "big press" announcement then it is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and am left severely disappointed. They're all nothing new that we have seen months ago. The two vids posted in the thread both are just the the same class vids which I think they redid the vid but not sure why waste the manpower for that as both just show a tab bit of the gameplay, nothing else. What they need to do desperately is release NEW info not rehashing age old info about the game.
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    wow no beta until after Jan ? sad if by planning in Jan then beta probably wont be until feb march.sucks
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Been excited and disgruntled for NW. Excited because finally there is FINALLY a potential D&D title to entertained D&D fans that is modern. There's been total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for single player D&D games like from what people say about *shudder* Daggerfall and DDO is a complete atrocity of D&D and is doesn't even resemble D&D beyond the name of classes and setting in my eyes. It's pitiful how the best thing we got for D&D is a game engine that is what.... 15+ year old and even them many stick to the 20 year old version or how the good titles of great single player RPG are titles that were made 20 years ago.

I'm not sure what DDO did so wrong in regards to "being D&D" that Neverwinter is going to get right. Is it the Foundry? Because aside from that, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference, at least on the "being D&D" front. DDO is even a pretty faithful implementation of an actual, specific edition of D&D (my least favorite edition, grouping 3E/3.5 together, but it certainly is D&D), moreso than Neverwinter appears to be of 4E.

I'm also not sure what you mean be 15+ year old game engine. DDO is 6 years old, and features pretty radically different game play than the Everquest era. The ruleset it's based on isn't even 15 years old.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    forget about the press and impressing the press - theyll suck up to developpers anyway, rather impress our fans with a (soon to be) fantastic beta and we will make the game successful - less and less people give a crapp about what magazines and sites write and more about what the player community thinks...january is the worst possible time for a beta, thats when no one has time...besides, a release q1 2013 is completly out of the picture now...MAYBE end of q2
    edited December 2012
    forget about the press and impressing the press - theyll suck up to developpers anyway, rather impress our fans with a (soon to be) fantastic beta and we will make the game successful - less and less people give a crapp about what magazines and sites write and more about what the player community thinks...january is the worst possible time for a beta, thats when no one has time...besides, a release q1 2013 is completly out of the picture now...MAYBE end of q2

Agree with the overall sentiment but disagree about your Q-2 prediction since there will be no box sales or printing process necessary the can easily deliver beta/open beta launch by the end of Q1 2013
  • neuroelfneuroelf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not to mention launches really set the stone for an MMO. Release a buggy game at launch and don't be surprised if you pretty much failed. This is even more so for Cryptic as already they have a name for themselves as being a lackluster MMO developer.

And really you are always gonna have those whiners no matter what. You can develop the golden MMO and whatever you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> turns to gold and these same whinners will still complain.

I just want Cryptic to actually start actually TALKING about their game, I can wait IF they will actually start talking bout their game. ANet did numerous blogs, dev diaries, class vids, ect ect throughout their development while Cryptic is nothing but extreme silence and the tiresome phrase from SS of "Soon...." that hardly ever fulfills his promise. For instance one of the "Soon..." that was on of the few that was delivered was just the news of the PWI acquisition which we really can give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> less about. No real tangible info has been release at all. Nothing on feats, how specialty classes will work out, healing mechanics, aggro mechanics, crafting, ect ect. Yes the foundry was shown off but that was months ago and while that is a key feature to NW it is hardly what will solely sustain it.

Ehhh,,, went into a rant. Finally decided to buy Baulder's Gate enhanced edition a few days ago and absolutely loving it and is just depressing how no game developers could continue creating great RPG games like Baulder's Gate or IWD.

same here, i'm not hyped.. i'm actually scared it'll be a simplified console type beat em up a la diablo..
    unfortunately, we didn't see enough yet, so i can't judge for myself.
    the idea of an heavily instanced coop mmorpg with foundry and based on d&d4th really appeal to me. but damn i can't seem to thrust cryptic (and i don't know them much).
    can this game even go near the quality of a gw2 ?
    cause i need a gw2 for adult! no more candy came jumping please!
  • borisbotborisbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited December 2012
    If these videos are what is their "big press" announcement then it is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and am left severely disappointed. They're all nothing new that we have seen months ago. The two vids posted in the thread both are just the the same class vids which I think they redid the vid but not sure why waste the manpower for that as both just show a tab bit of the gameplay, nothing else. What they need to do desperately is release NEW info not rehashing age old info about the game.

Yeah cryptic been doing that a lot. The next vid will be about foundry again :S. With the whoel class videos I think they should have just live stream it had couple of Devs takign about. Like what Rift did with the SL soul trees.
  • sadico259sadico259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    beta after january? ....
  • sowrdartonlinesowrdartonline Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    when the beta comes out soon I'm excited to play like xD :D
  • sadico259sadico259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    want to see the devoted cleric trailer
    edited December 2012
    From Craig's twitter

In a 2013 #Neverwinter marketing and PR status/planning meeting cool things coming.
    https://twitter.com/CrypticZinc/status/281125572522934273
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why don't we all wait to see what they announce in January and determine the game's future on that instead of saying how the release dates are going to fail or what quarter they must be in?

And look, they have set an announcement date, that's a big step! This means a lot of things are going to happen that month and the floodgates WILL open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Why don't we all wait to see what they announce in January and determine the game's future on that instead of saying how the release dates are going to fail or what quarter they must be in?

And look, they have set an announcement date, that's a big step! This means a lot of things are going to happen that month and the floodgates WILL open.

NOOOooooooo! Doom! Gloom! Angst!

hehe ;)
  • valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012

/chuckle

I had to post, good one ;)
  • borisbotborisbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited December 2012
    From Craig's twitter

In a 2013 #Neverwinter marketing and PR status/planning meeting cool things coming.
    https://twitter.com/CrypticZinc/status/281125572522934273

A big announcement that turns out to be announcement of an announcement :S
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    borisbot wrote: »

I know, isn't that anticlimactic !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited December 2012
    borisbot wrote: »

Pretty much....just really bad marketing but what else is new.
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Pretty much....just really bad marketing but what else is new.

How is that bad marketing? The dude posted something he was excited about on his personal twitter account not an offical NW account or website. It's more bad commonsense that bad marketing. One persons big announcement does not = your idea of a big announcement. People need to maintain some perspective. The game will come out when its meant to come out. Wanting, wishing, and speculation is other wise wasted energy.