test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things to do while were wating.

izzirose123izzirose123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 47
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
Can't Wait for Nwn online been playing Nwn2 PW while Iam wating get some good ideas for foundry missions. just thought i would share this with the comunity.
:cool:
Post edited by izzirose123 on

Comments

• Options
    izzirose123izzirose123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 47
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I've been doing a mix of going through all my old D&D adventures from my PnP FR Campaign and playing a couple other MMOs, like SWtOR, Wizardry Online, and now Firefall's Stress Test Weekend. Of course, this is all subject to change at a moments whim from not day to day, but hour to hour. :cool:
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    Hello! I just got BG: Enhanced Edition and Path of Exile to tide me over :) I had been playing RaiderZ but it became a mess :( How is Firefall? I need an FPS to play and I was considering that or Planetside 2.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    Hello! I just got BG: Enhanced Edition and Path of Exile to tide me over :) I had been playing RaiderZ but it became a mess :( How is Firefall? I need an FPS to play and I was considering that or Planetside 2.
    It's very... dark. As in hard to see. Other than that, it is very nice graphics. Reminds me of how Tabula Rasa might have become if it didn't get screwed by NCSoft. It's quite a hog on resources though, I have to play it on minimal quality for it to run smoothly but when I do turn the graphics up, it's just awesome to look at, albeit graphgic laggily.

A little over 2k keys left for this weekend's stress test, here at MMOBomb.
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I've put Skyrim down to give BGEE a shot and loving the upgrades/updates! They did a good job breathing new life into one of my first forays into CRPGs.
  • Options
    felix1252felix1252 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol i was tired of just staring at the forum cos i wanna play this game so bad, so i just ordered The Secret World to keep myself busy, but it's pretty fun haha.
    Looking for a friendly english speaking EU Guild.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    felix1252 wrote: »
    Lol i was tired of just staring at the forum cos i wanna play this game so bad, so i just ordered The Secret World to keep myself busy, but it's pretty fun haha.
    That looks really neat but I don't have the cash or time to shell out for a new MMO. I am however very interested in it.
    bardbarian wrote: »
    I've put Skyrim down to give BGEE a shot and loving the upgrades/updates! They did a good job breathing new life into one of my first forays into CRPGs.
    It looks pretty good but... I'm so addicted to Path of Exile all the sudden. And it was free heh, and my BG is just sitting on my hd taking up space right now... I'll get to it.
    zebular wrote: »
    It's very... dark. As in hard to see. Other than that, it is very nice graphics. Reminds me of how Tabula Rasa might have become if it didn't get screwed by NCSoft. It's quite a hog on resources though, I have to play it on minimal quality for it to run smoothly but when I do turn the graphics up, it's just awesome to look at, albeit graphgic laggily.

A little over 2k keys left for this weekend's stress test, here at MMOBomb.
    Like I said up there... just can't seem to pry myself away from POE heh. Really do wanna download this tho, maybe I'll do that tonight, because the recurring itch to play a FPS is getting stronger
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That looks really neat but I don't have the cash or time to shell out for a new MMO. I am however very interested in it.

It looks pretty good but... I'm so addicted to Path of Exile all the sudden. And it was free heh, and my BG is just sitting on my hd taking up space right now... I'll get to it.

Like I said up there... just can't seem to pry myself away from POE heh. Really do wanna download this tho, maybe I'll do that tonight, because the recurring itch to play a FPS is getting stronger

Well, let me know when Beta keys for open Beta are around again (or to start) and maybe I'll join ya. Broke so no cute little pets mind you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't have any little pets either :P Open beta starts in 4 weeks, and they're doing a server wipe when it launches. With that in mind, you might be able to find a closed beta key right now if you wanted it still.
    Some people in closed beta right now are whining about the wipe, but I like it. It means they're actually testing the game instead of the market. I remember when server wipes after betas were regular. And anyways, with a skill tree as insane as POE - I'm going to end up re-rolling a few toons anyways.
    Just give me the word if you want a key and don't want to hunt it down yourself tho, I'm sure it would only take me a few hours to procure one. That goes for anyone here, of course.

*btw I haven't seen a diamond kiwi yet but I did see 2 golds today.
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have been grinding D3 for the devil-to-come-out and getting badly bored with it. It is rather repetitive so with 5 chars i had to play through it 20 times to get them all maxed. Never spent a dime of cash though so except for the purchase fee of 60e it was entirely fp. In the endgame it gets quite ridiculous, bad balancing. So in one party you can have lvl 83s together with lvl 1s (paragon levels). The mood is like that as well, so not really very nice anymore.
    If POE would look a little bit better than on the gameplay video i saw, i might try it, but i guess is that D3 completely wasted me for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    felix1252felix1252 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Fortunately i had the cash and the first 30 days are free so i'm enjoying the freeness at the moment haha, but yeh it's pretty fun, obviously Neverwinter looks like its going to be alot more fun with the action combat and such but when i get some money i'm owed in march i might be tempted to buy lifetime for The Secret World to play alongside Neverwinter, hoping Neverwinter is out by then though haha.
    Looking for a friendly english speaking EU Guild.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Might want to reconsider doing any long term investments into TSW before you know who will buy funcom and what they will do to it
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just started playing Mortal Online since it has a f2p option now, so goofing off there and in DDO while waiting for this to rear its head. I am also watching lots of anime.

Also did some sorting in some of my old stuff I had in some boxes in a spare room and look what I found hidden there:

Dnd_zps746af267.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    If you need a break from gaming and have some interest in science (not too technical), take a look at the link below. There are tabs at the top of the page for some additional interesting things but the main page is my favorite.

http://scaleofuniverse.com/
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    galvayra wrote: »
    Might want to reconsider doing any long term investments into TSW before you know who will buy funcom and what they will do to it

Don't make me cry.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't make me cry.

How else can i feed off your tears?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't make me cry.

:p It's interractions like these that make me think there's promise for the Neverwinter community. :p
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *gives thoughtful pause*

I can feed off brains and souls. If you can share the ritual for feeding off tears I am sure we can come to some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't have any little pets either :P Open beta starts in 4 weeks, and they're doing a server wipe when it launches. With that in mind, you might be able to find a closed beta key right now if you wanted it still.
    Some people in closed beta right now are whining about the wipe, but I like it. It means they're actually testing the game instead of the market. I remember when server wipes after betas were regular. And anyways, with a skill tree as insane as POE - I'm going to end up re-rolling a few toons anyways.
    Just give me the word if you want a key and don't want to hunt it down yourself tho, I'm sure it would only take me a few hours to procure one. That goes for anyone here, of course.

*btw I haven't seen a diamond kiwi yet but I did see 2 golds today.

I say the word, and the word is I A...oh, wait, almost created or destroied creation as we know it somewhere...I mean yes please ;)

felix1252 wrote: »
    Fortunately i had the cash and the first 30 days are free so i'm enjoying the freeness at the moment haha, but yeh it's pretty fun, obviously Neverwinter looks like its going to be alot more fun with the action combat and such but when i get some money i'm owed in march i might be tempted to buy lifetime for The Secret World to play alongside Neverwinter, hoping Neverwinter is out by then though haha.
    aavarius wrote: »
    :p It's interractions like these that make me think there's promise for the Neverwinter community. :p

*licking tears...*

What, I had to get my joy from agony somewhere else after the bears were mas...err...left to live on the Farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hm - having more trouble than I thought - I knew I should have worked for two keys the first time around :) I didn't forget you tho, if I get one you'll know.
  • Options
    lordjustice72lordjustice72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is there a game that is simular to Neverwinter out there right now?
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Is there a game that is simular to Neverwinter out there right now?

There are numerous games out, but none that I suspect will be similar to Neverwinter. One of the hallmark features of Neverwinter is the inclusion of the Foundry within the game. I believe that it is something that will go a long ways towards seperating Neverwinter from other games in the genre.

This has been an odd year, in my opinion, for MMO's. Some have been released that players seem to have really enjoyed, one such game being GW2. Other games are adding in expansions that have seemed to reinvigorate their player base such as Rift. There are a few games on the horizon that appear to be interesting such as TESO. So your answer really depends on what you like to do and how you like to play. With the relatively low cost (definately my own opinion) you have the option of exploring many games currently available with little down side to playing them.

Neverwinter nears completion and I suspect that the final product will really exceed the expectations of the folks who choose to play it. I'll continue to fool around with a few games until this one is released or another that I want to test out. There is no real lack of playing options these days it seems, it just depends on where your interests lie.

Have a great day and enjoy your playing time.

My Best,

Ezra Steel