test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Resources] Neverwinter Font

banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
edited May 2013 in Art and Fiction
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any way the devs could give us the new Neverwinter font, so we can start making our fan sites and guild forums ?

All I could find is the old Neverwinter Nights font.
http://www.dafont.com/neverwinter.font
Not good enough, cause it's not the same game.

How about a complete fankit for websites, guys ? Thanks ahead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by banjinkun on

Comments

• banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
    edited October 2012
    Found a font that will do nicely in the meanwhile. It's pretty close. :)

http://www.dafont.com/ozzy-ii.font?text=Neverwinter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can probably make a font file if they release all the letters. So far we only have capital N and small evrwintr. Hardly enough for a font file. Also considering that the shades in the letter (dark red , orange and yellow in the pictures) cannot be reproduced in the font file.
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pretty good actually, thanks much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Forgotten Realms D&D Style Fonts:
    • Dethek (dwarven)
    • Espruar (elven)
    • Thorass (common)

Fonts that look like Forgotten Realms fonts:
    • Splendors
    • Mason
    • Neverwinter

forgotten_realms_fonts_example01.gif

I've placed these all in a zip file and they may be downloaded here: .zip or .7z

With Gilrmn's wishes and permission, I have included three custom fonts Gilrmn made, which are in a sub-folder named after him within the folder that contains the depicted fonts. Thanks Gilrmn!
    edited November 2012
    If someone wants 4e draconic or 4e elvish fonts, PM me.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Also, see many more at Candlekeep, here: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/treasures.htm#fonts
  • hany0uhany0u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    • Dethek (dwarven)
    • Espruar (elven)
    • Thorass (common)

• Splendors
    • Mason
    • Neverwinter

I've placed these all in a zip file and they may be downloaded here:
    Download File

Does not work ;/
    edited January 2013
    hany0u wrote: »
    Does not work ;/

Did you try here?

The 4e fonts are not there. I have made a 4e draconic (used as shown here) and 4e elvish (used as shown here) font file myself but I won't post a public link on that. If you want those two, PM me and I will send you the link.

4e Dwarvish I have not yet made but I will generate that too sometime next week.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the NWN font.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Does not work ;/
    Odd, the download works fine on my end. Try right click then Save As or Save Target As - should be a zip file with fonts in it. Just extract them to a temporary folder then drag and drop them into your Fonts Folder or right-click/double-click to install. You'll have to close out and reopen any programs that use fonts for them to populate in that program's font list. You can get them individually, Gilrmn gave some links and you can find most of them at the Candlekeep link I posted above.
  • banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
    edited February 2013
    Check my sig, the ozzy II font works nicely for Neverwinter !

http://www.dafont.com/ozzy-ii.font?text=Neverwinter

Although I had to edit the c because it looked too much like the e. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daelensaintdaelensaint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I noticed that the new Neverwinter font is just a cleaned up version of the same font. If you compare the two, you will see that the large loop on the capital letters is missing in the newer font versus the older font. Could it be as simple as cleaning up the old font's loops and extras to create the new font? At least for the "N" and a few of the other letters. There has been a few modifications. Like the "r" and the "t" both have a new font image compared to the old Neverwinter font. So there is a few changes, but it is for the most part the same font, but cleaner and more stylized for this rebuild of a RPG classic into a new media.

As an avid Website artist I hope that they will release an official font for this game so I too can stop piecing together a cobbled font set and get to work on some banners and the like for website kits for my roleplaying buddies.
    edited April 2013
    I shall not let this thread die.

*the mage waves in a cleric of Kelemvor who proceeds to heal and mend the thread*

Someone had PM'd me about Neverwinter-style fonts. Unfortunately, I reached my max PMs and I forgot to note down who I messaged me. So, for now until I dig into my message archives, which are vast, I'd like to make sure this good thread is noticed and not lost among the scrolls. My apologies to whoever it was, I'll PM you when I get some time to dig into my archives. Hopefully you'll see this first!
  • darkgeardesignsdarkgeardesigns Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    Seems the links are no good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a trypsetter and graphic designer by day job. The Neverwinter logo uses a slightly (very slightly) modified version of the Neverwinter Nights font. All lowercase letters are identical except on one "e" and the tail-end "r", the Capital "N" is also the same with the flourishes removed.

In short, the Neverwinter logo was created with the Neverwinter Nights font (prevalent on the interwebs, any search engine will give dozens of download links) - then modified into the final look, most likely in an image editor like Photoshop or Fireworks. It is highly unlikely they have modified the actual font with these changes, unless they have created an OpenType version with built-in ligatures.

So for Fan Sites and artwork, the Neverwinter font linked to in the OP is actually your best bet.
    edited April 2013
    Does not work ;/
    Seems the links are no good
    My apologies. when I took down the index for the base www.zebular.com, I put up a subdomain redirect to point to my STO Character Registry, so that skewed the download link, making it point to the STO Subdomain. I fixed that, the links should work now!
    • Dethek (dwarven)
    • Espruar (elven)
    • Thorass (common)

• Splendors
    • Mason
    • Neverwinter

I've placed these all in a zip file and they may be downloaded here: .zip or .7z

With Gilrmn's wishes and permission, I have included three custom fonts Gilrmn made, which are in a sub-folder named after him within the folder that contains the depicted fonts. Thanks Gilrmn!
    edited April 2013
    Redundant as zeb fixed the links (and ninjaed me).
  • jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry if this is ressurecting an old thread but its soo drnwed useful for all those guilkd leaders and web designers ofr guild sites out there i just had to bring it up again... these helped me alot thanks

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"