test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how much longer do we have to wait to play?

necrogirl2necrogirl2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
anyone have any idea when this game is getting released? cos i'm getting fed up of waiting
Post edited by necrogirl2 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Closed Beta has not yet begun. After CBT phases, there may be an Open Beta Test period and then on to release. The release date is expected to be early 2013, which was pushed back to that date to polish up PvP and other things.

I'm sorry to say, we still have a while yet.
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Open beta is said to be in 2012, so its not that long till we get to test it.

If ya got an invite to closed beta, you can test a bit sooner b:victory

EDIT: as zebular said
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    subway7850 wrote: »
    Open beta is said to be in 2012, so its not that long till we get to test it.

If ya got an invite to closed beta, you can test a bit sooner b:victory

EDIT: as zebular said

Since we have a little more than 2 months left for this year, I doubt OBT will begin this year as CBT hasn't even started. I do not think you're taking into account the fact that they pushed back the release date, which logic dictates that the testing periods have also been adjusted in relation to when they will happen.

As Subway said though, keep an eye out for CBT keys. As soon as CBT does start or is announced, you can bet that there will be some buzz here on the forums and many other places around the gaming web.
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well, last I heard OB was to be late 2012. think its said in one of the pax foundry vids
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The short answer? We are probably looking at April 2013 at best for launch to begin. Total guesswork, but I cant see it starting much sooner then that. However I do expect open beta to begin sometime before then..

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    subway7850 wrote: »
    well, last I heard OB was to be late 2012. think its said in one of the pax foundry vids

I remember that as well. I don't think that will bare out to be true.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well, i dont think beta will start at the same time as raiders...so we are probably looking at close beta around mid to late november, since cbt will be at least 2-3 months, ob would be placed around february which would mean 1-2 months before release if the schedule holds...this would make sense
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What I can say is they are still working on the polish and PvP they mentioned causing the 2013 delays. While we hope to see some beta by the end of the year, there is no guarantee for this. The rest still holds true from my FAQ. Red word my emphasis here not the FAQ.
    Is Neverwinter Online Out yet?

Update: 8/21/2012: No, the game is scheduled to be released sometime in early 2013. Open Beta may start as early as the beginning of fall 2012 or as late as December 2012. Please be advised this early date was from a PRNewswire press release article and the later date from Cryptic's COO. The delay to early 2013 was done for further polishing and including PVP at launch rather than delay features until 2013 after launch in 2012. More information can be read via a docx form on the following Neverwinter Fact Sheet released August 15, 2012. If any registered Beta Key users are able to download anything, this is no indication the game servers are loading users or the beta is even starting yet. Keep checking the Official FAQ for more official information on the game's release, and see the Beta questions below!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Everyone's awaiting the question from the dev's, and your answer is !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY2A7WIOqCA
  • Options
    kittymofokittymofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It would be nice to have some info like computer requirements. Don't want to get invited to beta and then find out I can't play.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    They would give us the reqs if they could but all that information is still subject to change.
    Look at Ryvvik's find on Cryptic buying Simplygon's software from within the last week. That software likely reduced the computer requirements a fair amount.

Being that this game will be free to play there really shouldn't be much issue with people being able to play. Trust me it's a top priority for any F2P game to make sure their game is accessible to a wide market of players. Worst comes to worse it really doesn't cost much to buy a computer or upgrade a current one anymore.
    If you're not able to run NW when the game becomes available it is probably past due for an upgrade ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just read the thread about simplygon. Thanks for the heads up ambisinisterr. b:victory
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When we had somebody scan their beta flier from a convention, it listed system requirements. While I can't guarantee they are current, I did list them on my FAQ. Reposted as follows:

What are the minimum system requirements?

Update: 6/23/2012: This information is not yet finalized, and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. Keep checking the official Neverwinter FAQ for current updates and more information.

CPU: 2GHz Dual Core processor
    RAM: 2GB RAM
    Video and Audio: GeForce 8800 GPU or equivalent, minimum resolution 1024x768, DirectX 9.0c
    HD Space: 10 GB

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I've read those requirements before. Just wanted to know if there was something new on the requirements. It looks like I should be ok.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kittymofo wrote: »
    Yeah I've read those requirements before. Just wanted to know if there was something new on the requirements. It looks like I should be ok.

If you can run CO or STO you should be fine. When beta is released to the public, I expect an official listing instead of "Coming Soon" for the system requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kittymofo wrote: »

Minimum should only go lower from here, not higher. So you would be ok think.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you can run CO or STO you should be fine. When beta is released to the public, I expect an official listing instead of "Coming Soon" for the system requirements.

And if that's true...you can play the game on darn near anything.....I have actually gotten STO and Champions to run fairly well on a friends k8 Athlon 64 and a Geforce 5700 and it doesn't look bad...so if you have upgraded in the last six or seven years you should be okay I would think.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    And if that's true...you can play the game on darn near anything.....I have actually gotten STO and Champions to run fairly well on a friends k8 Athlon 64 and a Geforce 5700 and it doesn't look bad...so if you have upgraded in the last six or seven years you should be okay I would think.

That's the goal of any free to play game.
    Offer good graphics for those who are able to use them but make sure any person who wants to access your game can.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The problem with at least CO though, is that it defaults way too low in resolution. I almost closed the game out within 5 minutes when I saw what the game looked like. As soon as I set the resolution of the game to my monitor's native resolution, game looked much better.

What I'm getting at, is the game looks really bad and completely off scale at the lower resolutions. Not just less detail, but that they "fell apart". Hopefully, Neverwinter balances mass accessibility with quality a bit better this time around, with graphics that still looks somewhat respectable and "drawn to scale", even at its lowest resolutions.

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The problem with at least CO though, is that it defaults way too low in resolution. I almost closed the game out within 5 minutes when I saw what the game looked like. ....

That is true. You have to spend a lot of time on the customization screen, but it is quite customisable. It is not very good at detecting optimal settings though. I am guessing this is due to the fact that graphics has too many options to customize.

I like the fact that you can make it look like a comic book or 3d high end game just by sliding a few sliders.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    All I can comment on here was what was demoed for me, and it does look pretty even at lower resolutions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arnica2arnica2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm sure somebody already said this but I can't look through every post, so if you buy Raiderz founders pack, you get automatic invite to Neverwinter closed beta. Raiderz is a really good game too so you win either way.

Also to check if your computer can run games, this is a great site. NW online isn't there yet of course.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
  • Options
    mezrael13mezrael13 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    arnica2 wrote: »
    I'm sure somebody already said this but I can't look through every post, so if you buy Raiderz founders pack, you get automatic invite to Neverwinter closed beta. Raiderz is a really good game too so you win either way.

Also to check if your computer can run games, this is a great site. NW online isn't there yet of course.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Oh yea, Buy Torch light 2 and that raiderz thing so you can get an edge on CB. Pffft
    Marketing ploy to get y'all to buy more stuff..I will check back in 6 months to see if it is available.. but will not be influenced to buy other games just to get into CB. b:laughb:laughb:laughb
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Keys seem to go out at every convention, so if anyones going to NYCC good chance you'll get a key, but not so good for those of us that cant b:sad
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Keys seem to go out at every convention, so if anyones going to NYCC good chance you'll get a key, but not so good for those of us that cant b:sad
    Can't say anything specific but be on the lookout for more keys given out sometime in the near future. All I'm asking as an ambassador of sorts to the users here is to keep contributing like Stormshade replied here an one of my old Archived threads:
    Currently the game is undergoing a lot of iteration and tweaking, so the design is still pretty malleable. What would be most helpful is hearing from you guys about what would make for a good D&D MMO experience.

Obviously that's a very subjective question, but one of the most difficult things for developers to do when making a new game based on a well established IP is finding the true essence of what makes that IP so appealing. How can we make a video game that captures the best aspects of D&D without just being a carbon copy of it in digital form?

For me, D&D is mostly about the DM/player dynamic... It's like being told a story by a talented storyteller that you're actively taking part in. No video game has been able to quite capture that feeling IMO, but for me that's what draws me to D&D the most.

But how is that best translated into a modern MMO? That's the kind of debate we would like to see in the community :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]