test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Source Stone Tavern

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Edgar comes over placing a prepared plate by the truthseeker.

"In case you can't get up for a few moments m'lord."

truthseeker looks at him with a mixed look of bemusement and mild shock he said something like that.

"You know, if I ran the place, I might fire you for that...if it weren't so ******n funny. Thanks, but say that again, you'll speak to the owner."

Edgar does a big sweeping bow.

"Of course, a thousand apologies if I offended you m'lord, with what was Imogene's idea...."

Edgar steps back to the bar where he whispers back to the wench, and she all but barely holds on not cracking up.

A large grin flashes across this face as he accepts he's not above being ribbed.

"Smart asses both of them...finally. Took him long enough to gather the stones to be one!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endingdawnendingdawn Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2012
    The red haired elven fighter looked like he was intent on the large platter of food on his plate. But those who could see the signs could see that was he actually listening to the quite interesting conversation of the newcomer and Truthseeker.

"Excitement. I could do with plenty of foes to face while I stay in this place. And it seems I have a debt to repay, though to who I do not know."

He drains his mug of ale in a few heavy quaffs and calls over to Imogene for a refill. He gave her a kind smile and thanked her for her service, pushing the platter away and turning to see the conversing folks.

(Look in my story to see what I mean by repaying a debt to someone I do not know. And if someone wants to play that bit Send me a message first,)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As truthseeker is speaking, a page comes up to him handing him a note. Tipping him a few gold for his troubles, he reads the message with a slight frown.

"It figures I have a couple of patron requests for a few hours starting in about the next quarter. I shall be back then in a few hours. Of course the idio..err, message writer wrote all Crypticly, so I can't say if anybody else is involved and the mission itself not...a public one I can say. But I look forward to seeing you in a little while...."

Perception:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

16 + 4 = 20

*And looks towards the direction of the "concealed" listener, raising his voice to absolutely be heard by him (but just him and not screaming to the patrons) unquestionably*

"And next time...I believe you go by 'Logaine'...feel free to join us at the table if you are interested in our conversation my good sir Logaine."

*With that, the truthseeker moderately bows and leaves the bar area going upstairs, and a blue flash of a l teleporter is seen before the door to a room is shut.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As Jade glided over to the feast table, her green gold-flecked eyes never stopped moving. Even in her "mildly" inebriated state, her "acquisition" instincts were as razor sharp as ever and she felt a familiar twitch in her idle hands...

[A most gorgeous broach over there on that courtesean, ] Jade admired looking left, [and that wizard's purse is a bit toooo full and a hanging out a bit toooo much from his body] she added looking right.

Jade bit her lower lip as she contemplated giving in to the temptation and the thrill of her "hunt" when the truthseeker's warning came screaming into the forefront of her mind:
    "... and not taking anything that doesn't belong to us in the first place when we enter here..."

[Darn meddling wizards!] Jade irritatingly thought.

She glanced back towards the table with the intention to give the wizard the iciest stare she could muster only to find the table obscurred from her view as the tavern was starting to fill up with more and more patrons eager to either celebrate the thrills of their victories or drown the agonies of their defeats at the bottom of a bottle.

After passing a few dozen more "easy marks, " Jade frustratingly made it to the food table where her disappointment immediately evaporated as she faced a virtual cornucopia of delectable edibles ranging from standard tavern fare like roast boar and venison to some rare exotics like Luiren Spring Cheese and, of all things, candied, honeyed ginger, which was a favorite of her's not had since her childhood in Evereska.

Jade nearly skipped back to the table as she happily and skillfully danced around the other tavern patrons with two full plates of tasty treats, well-balanced in each hand. She skidded to a stop when she was greeted by an empty table and her chin dropped to the floor in disbelief.

[Girl, you are losing your touch...] she thought wryly as she sat down, [can't even keep the attention of a pompous, smart-alec wizard...]

A shadow loomed over Jade at that moment and she turned to see Imogene drop off another full goblet of Elquesstria next to her.

"M'lord had business to attend to, " she stated indicating to the empty seat previously occupied by truthseeker, "and he has already covered your bill for tonight... But, I have a feeling you will be seeing him again soon, if all goes well, " she added Cryptically with a wink and hurried away to take the order from a table full of half-orc adventurers that seemed none too patient to get rip-roaring drunk judging by the size and nature of their order.

Jade savored the taste of freshly roasted boar as she bit into the first forkful of food and contemplated about encountering the Magnus again. She found herself looking forward to their next meeting and raised her goblet in a silent toast. [Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva]

[Wherever you are seeker-of-the-truth, I hope it's as warm and tasty a place as I am in right now and... as fun as being with me, ] she thought, as she took a deep draught from her goblet, closed her eyes and proceeded to sway in time to the lively Gaelic music.

[But, I seriously doubt it...] she added with a smirk.

[...]

A little while later, Jade was nearly done with her meal and another goblet of Elquesstria when she felt yet another set of eyes upon her. She once again scanned the mirror behind the bar and spotted a red-haired elven fighter who seemed to be rather familiar...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
    edited September 2012
    The elven fighter known as Logaine would perched precariously in his seat, with him in the corner and the chair tipped on to one of the back leg. His arms were crossed and his eyes were closed. He seemed to be quite fast asleep in this rowdy place, from the looks of the area around him; A half full mug of frothy ale beside a mostly finished meal. The elf's ears were twiching ever so often though, who could know what that means.
    edited October 2012
    endingdawn wrote: »
    The elven fighter known as Logaine would perched precariously in his seat, with him in the corner and the chair tipped on to one of the back leg. His arms were crossed and his eyes were closed. He seemed to be quite fast asleep in this rowdy place, from the looks of the area around him; A half full mug of frothy ale beside a mostly finished meal. The elf's ears were twiching ever so often though, who could know what that means.

For the story detailing the first meeting of Jade and Endingdawn go here
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    edited October 2012
    I]Five and a quarter hours later[/I

the truthseeker returns, but he does not look well. Pale, wan, and skin a pallor almost grey highlights his features.

A person of unknown background seems him and jokes, "What happened to you, you drop dead or something?"

If looks could kill (without magic) he would have certainly been executed. Imogene almost drops the goblet she was carrying and shakily manages to place it at the patron's table before all but rushing over to truth. Offering to be leant on for support but politely declined (as well as waving off Edgar coming over,) they have a very whispered conversation as he is guided to the stairs to the upstairs rooms.

"My gods, you really..."
    "Yes, in Blacklake. A scroll I had set up in contingency worked...or somebody dragged me back to the enclave and used one there. Either way, I returned and was missing that scroll and nothing else. Surprised...thought I'd be looted for sure. I managed to get the information they requested before...the mob just came out of nowhere... I've had a couple of encounters with the hirer, and now making it here. After some rest, I should be restored to...what I was before this. It's bad over there Imigene...Gnasher bad....Wererat bad....."

With that, they arrive at the stairs and ascend without further words.

Shortly later, the "wench" descends the stairs looking like everything is great again (but to those who succeed in their Insight, one can see the sadness masked behind the "normal boisterousness..."the tears of a clown.)

She goes behind the bar where Edgar is cleaning mugs and mumbles only so she can hear,

"I know you care for him....and I don't mean it that way just because you're female We all do. He's saved almost all the regulars here from something since we've started expanding, and the raids started, some more times that we count now. He'll recover. If there was something wrong, I wouldn't have taken no for an answer no matter what he said or showed....So cheer up and smile, you know that's what the boss wants if any of his 'regulars' get hurt but live to tell about it...sort of. That includes him lass. Don't make the boss show up instead and chew us out."

The last line muttered causes a small smile to briefly appear on her face as she replied in kind with one muttered word,
    Okay.

Perhaps not romance, there seemed to be more than simply concern, but she hid it before anybody noticed.

[Eight Hours Later]

the truthseeker descends the stairs after a full six hours night's rest and time to prepare. A brief flash of crystalline light from an orb is seen before he closes his satchel while walking the steps.

the morning crew notices him and one goes to the back room behind the bar. Imogene and Edgar appear shortly afterwards out of work clothes.

"What the...you two work nights...how long was I out?"

"Morning m'lord," Edgar continues. 'tis still morning of the next day. We wanted to wait to make sure your rest was agreeable."

"Please, the owner asks for no extraordinary measures for the regulars without his approval. Go home you two. Get some rest yourselves. Don't make me get the boss out here personally," he finishes.

Both of them for a moment look like they refrain from laughing at some inside joke but immediately look as they did before, this time Imogene replying,

"Very well. We'll go. But it seems some anonymous patron made sure to tell us you're not to pay or tip anybody here for a full day, starting now, since you're 'up.' Not a single copper. Anything you want, anything we got here, it's covered today. Don't you even dare running this by the boss. You're comped today and that's final!"

A wry smile permeates truthseeker's face.
    "Like I'd send out the boss to deal with you two when you're like that! Fine...thank that patron for me...if they exist."

A scowl briefly shows up on her face but she did not roll her eyes at him this time. She hands him a rolled-up parchment scroll and continues,

"And here's a scroll of the town crier's news from yesterday. I thought you'd enjoy reading the news here today while resting. Sorry I wrote it so lightly but had to scribble it quickly between rushes here. I left a candle at your table to highlight it better. We're off then. See you in the eve m'lord,"

Imogene says as she curtsies and leaves with Edgar saying as he departs,

"Try staying in one piece today chief. 'Smart <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' enough for you?"

His final statement does put a smile on seeker's face.

Going over to his table, barely two minutes later, a plate of steak, eggs, home fried potatoes (with a tomato-vinegar sauce in a small cup beside it,) toast, fruit and a glass of juice is placed before him by a lanky human male with short to medium straight brown hair and brown eyes with a green highlight.

"Thank you, ahh, Steven isn't it? Don't often stick around during the day when I take care of my academics."
    The serving man (almost a boy,) responds,
    "Yes sir, but Steve is fine as well. I'm under strict orders..."

"Yes yes I know, and you don't want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the head bartender. Not a copper."

Steven smiles sheepishly like he's just doing what was asked of him.
    "Anything else sir?"
    Thank you Steve. Just a glass of water from the elemental tap. I'm fine with all other things. Please tell me the staff wasn't ordered to mother over me today?"

He looks at the truthseekr like he wasn't making sense.
    "Never mind then Steve. I guess that they just said no coin today and get me whatever I want from the tavern today, no exceptions?"

"Yes sir, me and Estye'al. were told that," Steven acknowledges, hand-sweeping to the bartender: a Elven female with long golden blonde hair and emerald green eyes.
    "Thank you Steve, the water and that will be all for now. If I need anything else, I'll let you or, ahh...Esty'al was it, know."

"Yes it was sir. Thank you sir."

With that, Steven leaves his table briefly returning to place a glass of cool, water at his table before leaving the man to his meal.

the truthseeker opens the scroll and brings the candle to its lightly scrawled words. Looking like he was squinting and peering at the lightly penned script, truth moves the candle over each word briefly going back and forth to try and clearly see the words. Such an action however makes an even lighter (barely viable to many without an exceptional perception or sitting mere inches from the scroll if normally meant to succeed,) script appear from the lemon juice it was peened over the original note,

News as to what you recovered was received by those who would need to know. We here at the tavern know as well about the crown's abduction thanks to what you did. While secret, we know if they would be able to respond publicly, they would thank you for the work you do. The two of us know we do what we do with our ties to make this a better place and it's always an honor to see the work you do and have done.

Be safe, stay living,

Me

truth smiles as he opens his bag of holding and places the re-rolled scroll in it and closes the bag.

Thank you Imogene. Keep the rumors coming to us and the news flowing to me, partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    During most of the time that Truthseeker was gone. Logaine had remained in that corner, acting as if asleep. But after the first six hours or so. The Elf got up, grabbing his cloak and went upstairs to his bed and took to his reverie. This lasted about five hours. He got up and came downstairs to ask for water to bathe with. By the time he finished an hour had passed. He spent the next two hours taking care of his equipment, coming downstairs just after the Truthseeker did, finding himself back to his prefered seat and ordered some breakfast.
  • tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Shortly after truthseeker leaved Thaix went out from the tavern to who knows where. He returns there shortly after Logaine arrives back to the common area of the tavern. If one would look closely his left hands fingers' tips seems to be freezed a bit but the ice is quickly vanishing.
    Thaix doesn't order anything, he just walks to darkest corner of the tavern but stays within sight of others.
    I am inactive and I know it
    edited October 2012
    [A little bit later]

the truthseeker heads downstairs. Ordering a lunch of roasted venison, new potatoes and steamed vegetables with lemon, he heads over to his usual table to eat.

He nods to any regulars who might still be there (Logaine, Thaix, etc.)

Opening a paper, he leisurely sits back, reading the events affecting the lands here and outside Neverwinter's city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Two new figures enter in the tavern, a tiefling male (Kairon) and a eladrin female (Althaea) (Moon elf)
    even for a tiefling. Kairon looks like more... demonic. dark/crimson red skin, dark hair, Glowing golden orbs resembling eyes, thick and long horns, the tail is the only exception being slender but had spikes in the end resembling a morningstar...
    By the clothes, Kairon is a warlock, he has a dagger with runes inscribed in it glowing in red and a book chained on the waist area.

his companion, the eladrin (Althaea) seems to be swordmage, she has a mid-armour and a two-handed sword in her back, similar to Kairon she has glowing blue orbs as eyes, her hair is in colour blue, her weapon also have runes but glow in blue instead of red, on the waist also have a book but not chained like Kairon's...

the duo went to the bartender's counter, they sit down and Althaea start ordering. "A Elven Wine, good man and a Purple Dragon ale for my companion! ... I paid this time... Reddy!" The eladrin amused, look on the tiefling "Reddy", however, he is not amused with the joke, and look to the eldarin. "... I told you to NOT calm me with that name!" Kairon said, annoyed.
    "Calm Down, Kairon, it's just a cute nickname" she giggle, making Kairon sighs by the annoying behavior of his companion

"We need to wait for Korinn, Kairon, we had what she wanted, she will pay us greatly for this baby" Althaea take from her bag a jewel of colour blue sky showing it to Kairon.
    "After all the... "Innecesary" troubles looking for this... jewel... at least a little rest is what we need, Althaea." Kairon replied, Althaea only smiled and nods.

"Here, what you wanted Ma'am" The bartender gives the unusual duo their drinks and they start drinking, the eladrin drink like it were a celebration or if she were a dwarf (Unusual, being part of a noble race drinking like vulgar dwarf) while the tiefling drinks calmly and without haste. "Sometimes... you are embarrassing..." Said Kairon

Kairon look around to see the others patrons... "Looks like that we are not alone in all..." Kairon coldly said....
    edited October 2012
    Two new figures enter in the tavern, a tiefling male (Kairon) and a eladrin female (Althaea) (Moon elf)
    even for a tiefling. Kairon looks like more... demonic. dark/crimson red skin, dark hair, Glowing golden orbs resembling eyes, thick and long horns, the tail is the only exception being slender but had spikes in the end resembling a morningstar...
    By the clothes, Kairon is a warlock, he has a dagger with runes inscribed in it glowing in red and a book chained on the waist area.

his companion, the eladrin (Althaea) seems to be swordmage, she has a mid-armour and a two-handed sword in her back, similar to Kairon she has glowing blue orbs as eyes, her hair is in colour blue, her weapon also have runes but glow in blue instead of red, on the waist also have a book but not chained like Kairon's...

the duo went to the bartender's counter, they sit down and Althaea start ordering. "A Elven Wine, good man and a Purple Dragon ale for my companion! ... I paid this time... Reddy!" The eladrin amused, look on the tiefling "Reddy", however, he is not amused with the joke, and look to the eldarin. "... I told you to NOT calm me with that name!" Kairon said, annoyed.
    "Calm Down, Kairon, it's just a cute nickname" she giggle, making Kairon sighs by the annoying behavior of his companion

"We need to wait for Korinn, Kairon, we had what she wanted, she will pay us greatly for this baby" Althaea take from her bag a jewel of colour blue sky showing it to Kairon.
    "After all the... "Innecesary" troubles looking for this... jewel... at least a little rest is what we need, Althaea." Kairon replied, Althaea only smiled and nods.

"Here, what you wanted Ma'am" The bartender gives the unusual duo their drinks and they start drinking, the eladrin drink like it were a celebration or if she were a dwarf (Unusual, being part of a noble race drinking like vulgar dwarf) while the tiefling drinks calmly and without haste. "Sometimes... you are embarrassing..." Said Kairon

Kairon look around to see the others patrons... "Looks like that we are not alone in all..." Kairon coldly said....

When the pair enters the tavern Thaix quickly notices them and goes on to inspect the tiefling until his companion starts drinking when Thaix's empty expressions shifts to clearly surprised one. It quickly vanishes however and Thaix stops watching them with a shake of his head
    edited October 2012
    "Suprised? Even for me that I have years with her, I'm still suprised by this... behavior... sometimes she is unpredictable, she might act like a child but in battle, she had another face... a face that you dont want to see... Thaix...!" He continue drinking his Ale, Althaea ignore all of this as she continue enjoying her elven wine.

[OOC: I'm creating a interesting story with Kairon he was not inicially a "natural" tiefling but a human child when a cult of mad sorcerers, wizards and warlocks kidnap him for twisted experiments with magic. (until the warlock class is announced, he will be a wizard)]
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Just wanted to throw in a round of applause for the writers in this forum, you're a really talented bunch and I've enjoyed reading what your minds have created.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
    edited October 2012
    the truthseeker (besides a very brief turning of the lips upward almost to a smile at the nickname and a raised right eyebrow momentarily when the "prize" is shown) does not react and continues to read his paper and eating his food.

(OOC and thanks very much Ezra Steel! Feel free to jump in any time you'd like. There is no wrong way to role play, besides not role playing of course. I'm curious what these folks will do next myself!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    So... Korinn said that this tavern is the indicated for reunion, right Kairon?" ask Althaea, finishing her wine, Kairon in the other hand put his ale on the table and look on the childrish eladrin. "... Yes... She said in the "Soucer Stone" Tavern as meeting point, we just need to wait for her... I sent her a magical message of our arrival, she must know now" With that answer, kairon turn arround to see truthseeker, he is reading and eating his food, kairon seems... interested in the wizard... he hide his arms and make an spell, the spell created a small fly made of magic, the eyes of the fly are connected to the tiefling golden eyes and then the little insect fly towards truthseeker to spy what he is reading...

"Spying again are you?" Althaea said a little serious trying to hide her childish behavior from before...

"Sometimes, you need to gather infomation from others, by any means necesary... I'm quite impressed that you dont know this method even for swordmage like you... well... you're still "young" after all..." Answer kairon, Althaea turns to the bartender and order again. "Another Elven Wine Good Man!" Said Althaea in a cheerish expresion, this annoy Kairon once more...

[OOC: Curious about Korinn? :3]
    edited October 2012
    So... Korinn said that this tavern is the indicated for reunion, right Kairon?" ask Althaea, finishing her wine, Kairon in the other hand put his ale on the table and look on the childrish eladrin. "... Yes... She said in the "Soucer Stone" Tavern as meeting point, we just need to wait for her... I sent her a magical message of our arrival, she must know now" With that answer, kairon turn arround to see truthseeker, he is reading and eating his food, kairon seems... interested in the wizard... he hide his arms and make an spell, the spell created a small fly made of magic, the eyes of the fly are connected to the tiefling golden eyes and then the little insect fly towards truthseeker to spy what he is reading...

"Spying again are you?" Althaea said a little serious trying to hide her childish behavior from before...

"Sometimes, you need to gather infomation from others, by any means necesary... I'm quite impressed that you dont know this method even for swordmage like you... well... you're still "young" after all..." Answer kairon, Althaea turns to the bartender and order again. "Another Elven Wine Good Man!" Said Althaea in a cheerish expresion, this annoy Kairon once more...

[OOC: Curious about Korinn? :3]

*Without (seemingly) looking, a single "magic missile" flies out of the truthseeker's finger and squarely hits the bug, "killing" (actually disrupting) it. Closing up and folding over the paper, the truthseeker takes the last bite of his meal (with amazing timing, he seemed to just finish his mean at this very moment.) After standing, he walks over to Kairon. He then hands over the paper, smiling almost too relaxed, saying,*

"Nothing jumps out on this week's paper, but on the back page they are announcing a sale at KD Copper's this week's end. Keep it with my compliments. But if you wanted news from me, rookie, it's best to ask first instead of buzzing around looking at things without permission. I'd hate for there to be some sort of...accidental arcane feedback from our dwemors which causes an elemental blast damaging you.

Anyway, you were as subtle and as quiet as a Grey Render, Kairon. If you and Althaea need something, ask the staff first, then me if it's adventure-wizard related. If the tavern's owner caught you scrying...he's a powerful wizard that caught the last owner of the bar cheating in cards...and let's just end on the note he wouldn't be as pleasent as I am now.So, are apologies in order, or do do we look for the Owner about this magical violation in his own establishment?"

*A slight clatter is heard as Edgar accidentally knocks into a rack unsuccessfully trying to back out slowly when he heard "...or do do we look for the Owner...." The look is clearly one of fear like "the last time the Owner showed up, things got bad," and he unrepentantly keeps moving away into the back room, anywhere but here.* Imogene conversely is simply gone and nowhere to be seen.

((OOC Of course I'd love to know more about the characters!))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    "Why so serious?" the green-haired trickster rogue jokingly called out from the middle of the stairs.

Jade descended the stairs and walked into the main room of the Source Stone Tavern.

Jade had braided her hair into a large single braid down the middle of her back and dark purple seemed to be the theme of the day for the elf as she was fully decked out in a dark purple dyed leather tunic, set of dark purple doe skin breeches and a matching pair of suede boots. Forya and Rakka hung within easy reach on her belt and swung to and fro with her hips as she approached Truthseeker.

"What's for lunch?" she asked oblivious to the rising tension in the immediate vicinity, "I'm starving..."

[ooc I am getting a mental image of an eggplant... Not the fat American variety but the slender Japanese version of the vegetable. Green on top and dark purple on the bottom... /ooc]
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited October 2012
    "Why so serious?" the green-haired trickster rogue jokingly called out from the middle of the stairs.

Jade descended the stairs and walked into the main room of the Source Stone Tavern.

Dark purple seemed to be the theme of the day for the elf as she was fully decked out in a dark purple dyed leather tunic, set of dark purple doe skin breeches and a matching pair of suede boots. Forya and Rakka hung within easy reach on her belt and swung to and fro with her hips as she approached Truthseeker.

"What's for lunch?" she asked oblivious to the rising tension in the immediate vicinity, "I'm starving..."

[ooc I am getting a mental image of an eggplant... Not the fat American variety but the slender Japanese version of the vegetable. Green on top and dark purple on the bottom... /ooc]

*Subtlety is decided against as a hand appears gently and oddly slowly compared to how quickly it showed up on Jade's left shoulder, as if notifying Jade of its presence.

Imogene who wasn't there then was, bends over to Jade's ear and whispers a summary of what happened, then stands normally but eyes the back room open door stating a non-vocal innuendo "don't get too close to them yet." *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    "Oh no..." Altheae said with a little fear in her eyes, she sense the power of Kairon rising by anger... but the power stop and start to decend... "Uh?" Althaea was confused.

"He think that I'm a rookie eh...? he is more than wrong... heh!" he smile and another fly land on his right hand then the little insect fade away as all what he saw enter to Kairon's minds... however this seems to disappoint him, all the information was only news about the city. a simple newspaper.

"This is disappointing... but at least he seems to be just a simple minded wizard like anyone else..." Kairon thought and continue his Purple dragon ale, however he notice the other elf talking to truthseeker... then again he just ignore her... thinking that she is just another simple minded "adventurer"

"woah... she is pretty!" Althaea inspected the green haired elf only by looking on her.

"Another Elven Wine Ma'am!" the bartender brought the drink and put it on the table, Althaea, Immediately grab it and start drinking.

[OOC: Korinn will appear in the next two comments ;3]
    edited October 2012
    [OOC: I'll make a exception ;D]

Someone enter to the tavern, A dragonborn female, Slender but yet muscular. with Dark Blue colour in her scale. she is heavily armored, with a shield in her back and sword on her waist, her armour have gold-coloured details, the dragonborn went to the duo and sit down next to Kairon. Korinn has arrived. (She is a paladin)

"Oe! the dragonlady is here, reddy...! Hic!" Althaea said, drunken but still drinkin the elven wine.

"Wait! Ma'am thats NOT elven wine! please stop drinking it!" the bartender came, trying to stop Althaea... a very HARD task to do indeed...

"So you finaly arrived... want the jewel?" Kairon talks to the dragonborn female, only looking on his Ale, Korinn, however she smiled and put on the table a bag full of coins...

"Of course! After all , we have deal no?" Korinn look directly to Kairon smiling, the warlock do not take attention, he show his left hand with the blue jewel and then, he put it on the table and resume sipping his Dragon Ale...
    without haste, Korinn grab it, and put it in her bag while Kairon grab the bag of coins and keep it as well...
    [OOC: Do not ask me how Althaea got drunk... she is random even for a eladrin]
    edited October 2012
    *Subtlety is decided against as a hand appears gently and oddly slowly compared to how quickly it showed up on Jade's left shoulder, as if notifying Jade of its presence.

Imogene who wasn't there then was, bends over to Jade's ear and whispers a summary of what happened, then stands normally but eyes the back room open door stating a non-vocal innuendo "don't get too close to them yet." *

Jade gave a quick nod to Imogene and sighed.

[Best to leave wizards alone in their wizardly dealings, ] she thought.

"I will be back later, " Jade whispered to Imogene, "have to see a woman about a horse..."

And with that she was out the door, passing the rather interesting Draconian along the way...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited October 2012
    the truthseeker is bemused at the transaction immediately taking place in the middle of this scrying spying owner mess, but does not respond to it, awaiting a response from his original inquiry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    "So... Truthseeker, Right?" Kairon Rise up from his place a walks directly to truthseeker...
    "I'm... Sorry for my... little "invasion" but let get the things clearly for you... spying... is not really my strong point, I prefer direct approach!" with words, Kairon is turning slowy agressive, his power rising dangerously with every steps...

"You better not call ME "Rookie" Again..." in his right hand is forming a flaming orb... by the heat and intensity his is concentring his energies to create a fireball. without losing his "actual" objetive. this make Althaea Focus her attention to Kairon, fearful, she grab her sword, preprared for anything... focusing on her companion, for Korinn she just relax and enjoy the scenary of fury and agressivines of Kairon, she even sips the Purple Dragon Ale that Kairon left behind on the table...

"And for the matter I HOPE that you enjoy ROASTED flesh of other humanoids beings..." He turn back a launch his fireball to the opposite site of the tavern... the fireball hit a cloaked halfling Rogue.

"AAAAAHHH!! NONONONONO ITS BURNING ME ALIVE AUH AUH AUH!" the halfling shout, the flame is burning his leather armour... with his power, Kairon, levitate his purple dragon ale, throw it to the Halfling, extinguishing the fire created by kairon himself...

"Next time, Truthseeker... be aware of your surroundings... this little rat, is very good hidding from magic users, his gang is special from also spying high-ranking elves and wizards without being noticed in all, they had a special enchating in their armour for that... unless you were aware of him all this time no?" Satisfied, he return back to his place and sit down.

"Another Purple Dragon Ale, Bartender." Kairon orders, Althaea calms down and continue drinking, Korinn however is disappointed [OOC: she enjoy battle of spellcasters]

The halfling flee, fearful and hoping to not see Kairon again...

[OOC: Let me I hate Gnomes and Halfling, I needed to do this lol]
    edited October 2012
    The bartender sighs as he hits the jewel behind the bar...again, as the embering flame almost lighting up the target is first extinguished, then the whole area seems to lose its dwemor. This one however seems to be somewhat "stronger" in its effects as if set up for a different contingency.

People involved in the "discussion" (the truthseeker included) have an "invisible field of force" around them. ALL magic in the tavern seemed to go dead for thirty seconds (breaking any ongoing effects, deactivating any non-life-sustaining items for five minutes) before the five round later revival of castable powers and the previously immediate encapsulation of said people.

Next, the "wench" snaps her fingers and a force of "six well prepared looking individuals" enter the bar, surrounding the "suspect" halfling. After a brief couple of rounds, the regular "militia" of Mintarn soldiers follow one in the lead looking annoyed that they are here, isolating the halfling. The burly Human mustached male speaks,

"We are told there was an injury caused by magic fired on city grounds by a non-invader?"

Two guards block the entrance while statements are made. If no aggressive acts are attempted, the fields around the individuals disperse in five minutes separately. If any aggressive acts or attempts to disperse the fields are tried, the field resets for another five minutes until the target is passive or unconscious, whichever comes first. Any acts done in this manner will be reported to those now policing the bar.

the only thing truthseeker does is open his satchel allowing a very old crystal globe to hover, holding two fingers up, but not casting any spell or power. He waits the five minutes and his field dissapates, allowing him to hear the conversation resume with Immogene's comment.

"...and the shadowing was then ruined by the one called Kairon who fireballed the suspect you asked to watch but not apprehend or alert the Watch about. Technically he also used a scrying magic which could have tipped off the suspect but truthseeker was the target and truth 'focused the ire' on himself in case it could be taken as a bar brawl or mage's duel instead of having the suspect 'be made' as your force would say."

"What a damn mess. Four months down the drain. So should I arrest that Kairon one? I bet that pompous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a 'protector' was somehow to blame too," he finishes glaring at truth, clearly no love lost?

Imogene looks uncomfortable not quite sure how to explain truth's involvement, when Edgar steps in.

"That, technically would be a very bad idea. You see, the drink by the suspect actually was poisoned by him and was just about to be swapped with Kairon's identical drink in case he was scrying him. An old con trick, no magic needed even. While that caster did his 'rookie mistake' scry, the halfling would have paid off another to do the switch. The iocaine amount is small enough to evade early detection, but lethal enough to guarantee killing without an immediate neutralize in two hours. Symptoms show up in three and death in four in the dose I saw done. Of course we could have neutralized it, but we needed to allow the dosing to record the crime as per the surveillance edict from the Joint Harper-Moonstar Detachment. Technically he acted within his right of a 'dangerous individual meaning him harm' and Nevermember already has said any person violating law on this property has the right to be 'fairly sanctioned' by the owner or 'those whose violent defense fails' or our wards and nobody has dared challenge the owner the few times actions have been taken. It's self defense, and the only reason I noticed it was I'm the poison expert here. That game is usually her gig. Truth was technically on duty for us Allibaster being off this shift, so he was in the interest of the bar as private security, Captain."

"Anyway," Imogene chimes in, "The Swordmage Althaea's Drunkenness is for show more than for real, but it is genuine. Anybody attacks her or her friend, they'd be in for a rude awakening though."

"And I just bet, you have some proof that could be verified by some powerful independent muckity muck ritual or miracle thing," the Captain all but sneers?

In the back, Captain.

"Ambrose, continue as point until I return," the Captain barks as he is "escorted" by Edgar to the back to view the "images!"

"Still pissed about the affair I had with his sister I see Lieutenant," truth all but matter of factly states as Lt. Ambrose finished up with Imogene's statement and heads over to the magnus?

"You know, if the affair wasn't mutual and if it didn't end well, they'd never find your body, so don't underestimate him," Ambrose retorts. "Let's just get your statement, and you'd better hope your aura is not on the activation field for the crystal."

"It's not, since it uses independent scrying from the...old days. Even so, I know when I'm on duty it's a conflict if I turn on the device. I have yet to see any Arcanist use an illusion power to 'rig' that thing but even the suggestion means we get anybody who can read an activation word to do it besides the one on duty or switching shifts. SOP. So, standard protocol for the incident report, or do we need a 'Zone of Truth' ritual for me?"

A slight smirk is quickly squelched as the Lt. replies,

"He'll be back there for a while and I don't think he'll want to challenge the XO for incompetence about me verifying a factual report. SO let's begin....

At approximately five minutes after the new day, please explain in your own words and vision what you observed....."

truth details the incident first, then accounts earlier events referencing the "required correlation" for said "compromised operations by the city's enforcement arm."

"So...you being head of security when the owner's not taking calls...like I ever met 'im...we run how the tavern's going to proceed with you?"

truthseeker laughs.

"I'm not head of security. Just the one who is here most. Even if I were, Imogene's the one who is acting manager when the Owner isn't here. I just know him very well and he doesn't bug me much or show up. When I summon him...and I do mean like the wizard thing...it better be damn important for him to show his face. And that's all the Boss likes to be said about in public unless he directly did something he has to show up for."

"So she's your boss?"

truth smiles at something private but replies,

"Technically, but I'd like to see her enforce it sometimes! *Laughs* If she really asks me to do something for the tavern or to keep us safe when we're in no place to do so ourselves we listen to her. But we...adventuring folk...as you well know with you six until recently...are given a lot of...autonomy."

"One last thing. I noticed you....took out your implement and seemed 'ready' even when you were...enfielded. Is there some way that you could have...bypassed wards here? I thought this was to stop anybody including yourself from doing...pardon your allies sometimes for the phrase...'rogue actions?'

the truthseeker almost goes into a routine stating a very-well-known disclosure with a slight candor at the end for his old friend and ally.

"Lieutenant Ambrose, I am sorry to state the warding of this establishment is classified by the Waterdeep compact as a 'vital secret' as per city-state security Compact Ratification Four, and any person who may or may not be affected by it is subject to be known only to the creator of the item or those original signatories of the compact. Information divulged on the operation of the wardings is subject to High Treason charges...and a very pissed off Arch wizard summoned to 'resolve' it."

"And you ask why people call you 'smart-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?'"

"Not recently."

The XO sighs like he goes through this more than once.

"When they love you, they love you, but when they hate you, Tymora be praised they don't pick up torches and pitchforks and try to lynch you on the spot."

"it's never that bad!"

"Candlkekeep?"

"Okay, except ONCE recently, it's never that bad! Anyway, they were Dead Rats, proven Lycanthropes, and attempting to assassinate the Mayor. They had to be put down right then. I know it looked bad that they supported the bread line and orphanage for their cover to get close to him."

"Understatement of the year...maybe five."

"And shame on you for using your Harper Agent to get that intel on me!"

"I never used...De...."

Th XO's face reddens as he realized he just admitted using a contact that was secret. truth simply laughs,

"Relax! I know of that source since he retired months back. Under an assumed polymorph and everything. He never looked like he showed up to you. Like I'm a Master Harper or something if I found out. He's burnt, not in the field anymore. Any good info gatherer knew that. But you did rely on getting the info then figuring it out not how you got it. Like with a trusted contact to set the meets."

"Aww <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you..."

"Hey, a regular hears things as much as a bar wench does. I just set the meets, not did their top secret stuff. Yep, I fed him the info about me you asked for, all true, but made sure you didn't get any of my contacts looked at with anything too touchy."

"And see smart <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again."

"Hey, I warned Kairon like I'll warn you on record: If you want to know something about me, ask, don't spy. I'm not responsible for the results if you don't listen. Be lucky you're not a magic user. I heard the feedback loop from the sonic resonance sometimes causes untreatable headaches for a week...again sometimes of course."

"I give up, you're incorrigible !"

"Thank you!"

"It's not a...no, you win, I cede. Dinner next week with the missus?"
    "I'd love to see Anne again! Have her cook whatever she wants and I'll bring the Saurian Ale. Should I come myself or bring anybody?"
    "Up to you, just have them be nice. Anne thought you were serious that you'd bring my suspect over!"

"I forget she doesn't have...our sense of humor and takes me at my literal word."
    "AS long as you don't announce you're an Open Lord, I think she won't panic this time."

"How about a Secret Harper Agent?"

Galten lets escape a snort sounding like 'pfftt' and responds,

"And I'm Lord of th Nine Hells. You might even make her laugh with that one...."

As this conversion takes place, the "specialists" and "general militia canvas the entire area taking statements from all there, allowing people to leave after the last statement is taken and the Captain returns up front.

After the team leaves, truth goes up to Edgar and asks quietly,

"Please tell me Capatain hard-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> took the Thavian Whiskey."
    "Yeah, he's really pised at you but not going to investigate this place unless something else outside this happens. The image held up what was said. Anyway, if was their idea to use a bar or tavern for their assignment, and he happened to like going here."

"A Bonus 'cause I know it really boiled Cap'n Bossy's Blood."
    "You know, if he hears you call him that instead of Simmons, he can haul you in on insulting an officer."
    "And they'd eventually reinstate my military ranking, and he'd be brought in to a very warded room, mentioned my acting rank, and told to drop the charges, be vetted for months, or have counter charges for disrupting a new mission linked to my reinstatement...of which I am forbidden to say anything about my....building engineering and logistics job since we wizards can't do anything special of course."
    "You'd really do that?"
    "Of course not! None of that was true but I'd make him believe it with a few of my "troupe" friends if I wanted to. But I'd make it look like I'd been conscripted, and a Lord of an outside major ally needs my magic versatility and is "calling in a favor above his pay grade." <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him off even more," truth says grinning!

And slowly but surely, the tavern returns to "normal"

((OOC, feel free to place yourself anywhere in this event, but no harm to others in the tavern will work ATM.))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Thaix doesn't do anything but sighs heavily at tieflings mad display of power and shakes his head when the globes appear and is visibly annoyed.
    edited October 2012
    "Looks like that you got troubles, Reddy" As Althaea joke on kairon, kairon seems to be pleased... He say Nothing, but sips his dragon ale until nothing is left, He rise up a goes to the Tavern's exit.

"Where you going?" Korinn ask to the tiefling warlock, he however say nothing and leave the tavern, This annoyed Korinn, She turn to the bastender's counter and start ordering.

"A Shadowdark ale, bartender!" as she breathes, a little fire came out from her nose, she had her arms crossed, waiting for her order, Her eyes focus to Althaea, she seemed to not be the same "happy" Eladrin when she enter the tavern inicially, but she continue to drink her wine in but not with the same enthusiasm, she seems to be still drunken but "sane" in the sametime...

"Hey! what's the matter? Korinn try to talk with the eladrin, she however continue drinking... When she is done, she rise up, and walks directly to truthseeker, this annoyed even more Korinn...

"She is high or something? Bah!" as korinn said annoyed about Althaea's behavior, her order came and she began drinking it.

"Truthseeker, Right? Look, I'm really sorry about Kairon's Agressive Nature he... he is sometime very unstable and stubborn, he dont get along easily with other spellcasters like you, is true that spying is not his strong point but we are getting followed by a rogue Clan called "The Black Knife" they are well known in Halruaa, the south of Faerun, for their methods on stealing and assesination to magic users. Tel-quessir spellcasters like me are capable detecting them in their cloaked states but they have rogues wizards experts in bypass our senses..."

Althaea look on truthseeker, she seems to be a little worried. "Kairon, The tiefling warlock is the only spellcaster that can detect theses rogues quite easily, Before we entered the tavern, he sent 2 other insects to inspect it, he knew about the Halfling rogue, when he rise up to confront you, he was only acting to confuse the rogue halfling, they want our jewel... their jewel... we rob their jewel from them... they want both of us dead..."

Korinn Rise up and goes to althaea. "I paid them to do it, they accepted the job after all, Each 7 years, one of the 7 leaders, the leader drow of "The Black Knife", Renor Velvel, visit his hidden keep far away from neverwinter, inside, he have a valuable collection of jewels that he claims as trophies. but this one" She reveals the blue jewel "This one is unique... rumors say that is enchanted by the very same Netyarch (wizard-king) of Halruaa, I want to discover its properties..." she guards the jewel in the bag... "The Tiefling... Kairon, knew the risk of this job but he accepted and succeded in this task... Looks like that the little devil want his humanity back after all theses dark years... hehe"

Althaea goes where the halfling was before and after being discovered, luckily the halfling dropped one of his daggers, she grab it. "to prove that I'm not lying, look in this dagger" Althaea goes back to truthseeker with the dagger and show it to him, the dagger has a symbol in its blade, a Knife stabbing a skull.
  • wulfewulfe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    (OOC: first allow me to appologize for my lack of posts ( Pyr and grogin after the battle rager frenzy retired to thier rooms for rest (seems better than the off=line reason of piece of dragon-dumg Dell crappin out on me)

Pyr emerges from the stairs, her white-hair lazily falls over her shoulders. Her black skin is contrasted by the rich purple and white silk kimono. The only things that mark her profession are the two swords at her waste the one to the left is roughly 1/2 the size as the one on the right. She bows politely to the barkeeps and the staff and finds a place to sit.

A short while later Grogin comes down, his gruff nature seems reduced as well as the dit and grime of travelling. " Aye.. nothing like a bath to make ye feel civalized again." He begins to reach for a fresh ale as it passes on one of the wenches tray then stops as the tavern door opens.

A cloaked figure enters, the frame and movement gives away that it is female. Though the night is warm the air in the room chills as she enters. She pulls the hood of her cloak back revealing her Drow heritage, " I am Qilue Hun'ette of the House Hun'ette fallen house of Menzobrannzen, First house of Blastingdale and High Priestess of Eilistraee." Pyr quickly stands, the look of shock cannot be masked, her eyes quickly turn to Grogin, then back to the older drow. " You... and the other priestess..." her shock becomes more confussion.

Grogin approaches slowly knowing the reason for the appearance. Pyr steps infront of the dwarf, " You told me she and the rest of my family were dead!" Grogin looks at the young drow with sorrow and shame in his eyes, " Nay lass." Taking a deep breath, I only said none of your family lives any longer."

Qilue stands unmoving but observing every coner of the room, suddenly her head turns, locking eyes with Kairon's. " This one thinks his bloodline makes him more powerful than other mortals beings. Her hand moves in a slight motion <OOC- Know Aligngment> as the tiefling feels the very essence of his soul being racked. The invisible field surrounds Qilue, but she contiues walking as it fizzles around her. She looks to the barkeep, "Trust me if i wished any malice upon you, your establishment or you patrons there would be little you could do to prevent it." She continues to Pyr and Grogin.

Pyr looks to the elder drow, You are not alive but yet you are here..." her confusion complete as the words escape her.

Qilue motions extends her hand to an empty seat, " If I may? she seats herself and explains, " An unfortunate side effect of having to travel the negative energy planes, it is a land of the undead, a place where the living should they find themselves there are utterly lost and disoriented." she looks at Pyr," But to ensure the safety of the realms I transended life and death."
    edited October 2012
    [OOC: I think that you should correct the Kairon part, Wulfen, because Kairon already leave the tavern lol, the only character that i control now are Korinn the cocky dragonborn paladin of bahamut and althaea the random eladrin (moon elf) swordmage both females]

as the two new drow show up, one from the stairs with a dwarf and one from entrance... Korinn show no to be impressed in all she continue drinking her Shadowdark Ale, however she notice the Dwarf, Grogin and focus her eyes to him, with a serious stare "That dwarf will empty the reservers of shadowdark ale, damn, Why I chose this tavern in first place?" she now focus her eyes to her ale and drink "Well, I should enjoy it while i still can."

Altheae was mesmerized by the two drows (OOC: Althaea is random, she is no serious like many of her kin, do not expect serious coversation with her unless is about her family or heritage or in rarely case her companion) females. "Woah, The young is pretty... but one is a undead drow? well" She turn to the truthseeker again, waiting a response eargely
    edited October 2012
    the truthseeker remains silent, allowing Althaea to explain. When finished, he replies,

"The problem is that a little while back...I think up to a few weeks ago but I wasn't active then...the Captain and my friend the XO came up to this tavern and mentioned this to Edgar to relay to "the boss." We didn't have much a choice I later learned: Either agree and relay all movements with them or have a much more "open" presence here spooking off a portion of the clients and hope they go elsewhere outside the city. From what I know, the former option was decided after a long talk with the secretive owner, and we ended up here this...day now I guess.

While you're absolutely right on the detections...enhancements were make to track these people which could backfire if the wrong scrying was done at the wrong time. Ironically, we both "puffed up" to get our assigned target whether we liked it ot not.

All this being true, I'm still tasked with keeping this place safe and private when I notice things like this, so I was doing my duty I agreed on as much as the rest of you.

But trust me, you don't want to meet the owner unless he wants to come in. He's...much more of an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I have ever been accused as, but he keeps us safe and treats us like family in his...own peculiar way. But that's all I feel comfortable talking about the Boss without his permission.

But I'm not running the place here, so do go about your business and as long as nobody's threatened or voiolated, it's not my worry or concern. Sorry we didn't meet under...nicer circumstances. But if you do ever get into...trouble, ask for the detachment watch's XO. He's a fair sort of officer and doesn't treat all adventurers as threats...unlike that other portly Captain you might have witnessed. The Captain was like this before I...met his sister so I'm not his...only problem with adventurers."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]