test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer of Neverwinter

stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in News & Announcements
The summer of 2012 is going to be huge for Neverwinter! Take a look at all the places you'll be able to get a sneak peak at Neverwinter this summer.

Link to the Article
Post edited by stormshade on

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Summer is almost over now and ummm all we have been able to do is just talk, or speculate on something we know nothing about yet :(
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    The summer of 2012 is going to be huge for Neverwinter! Take a look at all the places you'll be able to get a sneak peak at Neverwinter this summer.

Link to the Article
    /want closed beta

Swords not words!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Storm, can you have one or two of the devs open up a few feedback threads, discussing what they've got so far? For example,

Lets talk: Combat

Lets talk: Character customization and leveling

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcP4IlaX-xI
    with Craig Zinkievich and Lindsay Haven

Lindsay was unfortunately not allowed to speak freely about PvP other than that it’s going to be there. In fact, the game’s release has been delayed simply to facilitate the implemention of it.

http://www.nisute.com/2012/08/17/dungeons-dragons-neverwinter-putting-the-power-in-the-players-hands/

Darn PVP'ers ;P
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcP4IlaX-xI
    with Craig Zinkievich and Lindsay Heaven

I noticed in the above interview, towards the end the guy said release was going to be sometime early 2013, with beta testing a couple months before that. So in all honesty, i aint going to expect the game to launch any time before about july of next year with beta starting maybe april or may. But who knows, maybe they will surprise us all and get it out early. Hope springs eternal.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If open beta is couple of months before early 2013 launch, doesn't that means people will be able to start playing by december anyways? (unless early 2013 means jun-july)

I don't really like the way the wizard is walking with his hands in a forcefield like pose. Hope there are sticks and satffs for wizard later in game and they don't have to hold out their two hands like that. I mean if it is end content of one of the adventures, the player should get a staff.

City areas look very realistic. The city design is unexpectedly exceptional.
  • deadarmoured87deadarmoured87 Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I don't really like the way the wizard is walking with his hands in a forcefield like pose. Hope there are sticks and satffs for wizard later in game and they don't have to hold out their two hands like that. I mean if it is end content of one of the adventures, the player should get a staff.

I'll second that.
    The wizard is always in southpaw stance no matter what direction they are moving; it's very odd looking and reminds me of Quake (how the lower body swivels and travels in any direction while the top remains static). Needs to switch to orthodox when travelling to your right (up and down can keep stance of last pressed left or right direction).

Is there some lore reason like some abilities can only be performed with certain hands?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Is there some lore reason like some abilities can only be performed with certain hands?

No lore reason I can think of. They do have staff in pnp.

What I suspect is that it is an "aid to eye" to show the direction where spell will land. But it is too distracting for eye to be an aid imo.
  • alcapwnyalcapwny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am very excited about the PvP content that was mentioned. Hopefully it is done right from the beginning so the starting playerbase won't diminish as fast as other games (read SW:TOR, TERA).
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, what will it take you all to show up in Los Angeles (again) in an open to the public convention?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How do we get into the beta?
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    patience and luck?

Beta hasn't started yet so no one is invited yet. Unless you played the demo at a game show and received a beta key. Other than that there is no other way at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Right now, beta isn't open to the general public, open or closed. Information on how you may get immediate or future beta keys when they do start the access can be found on my New Users FAQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like pvp in some games, I suppose my favorite was when I was leading raids to perfect victories in Alterac Valley b:chuckle

The only thing better than that is Large Scale Open World PVP,

If Neverwinter has neither of these types of pvp games I'll probably be sticking to dungeons. I do hope all this extra dev time allows for some good polishing of the small group questing mechanics.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pn7iU4EwTc

Published 3rd September 2012
    edited September 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A24a_dhB3w

Published 5th Sept 2012 MMOHut
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    After watching the entire video from the last post I am super excited and overjoyed by what I saw. The foundry will be a great tool to the game and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I utilized the NWN 1 toolset and had alot of success with it but it was a bit cumbersome and took alot of time just for things to load up to be able to start building. I was able to get to the amount of detail that the foundry has but it took alot more time and patience to get things to look exactly how I wanted them to...but the things I saw demonstrated in the video showed me that I will still get the control I had in the old toolset but with alot less time spent waiting on the program to perform what I told it to do.

I also like the fact that there is a little blog so to speak for each builder to update things to players who like and can subscribe to the builders work.

The fact that Andy mentioned that a player could level their character from 1 to 60 completely through UGC is awesome in and of itself. Say we are 1-2 years removed from game launch and you have went alt-aholic in creating new characters and find the grind through the same areas you have been dozens of time before, you could have a completely new leveling route through UGC!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Collectors editions mentioned Does truths snoopy dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVblxKjkTDE

Published on Sep 13, 2012 by SC Times
  • lonewolf0074lonewolf0074 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The more I read and see, the happier I become. Maybe this will be the chance to put the ol' PnP stuff into Dig format and share. Can't wait to play the game content and even more excited to see some quality user created quests.
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Second and third link need fixing.

thanks chief, 2nd fixed, 3rd = Bombed
  • sinistrad99sinistrad99 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The combat looks amazing...Super stoked!!! Collectors edition, i'm there.
  • presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The combat looks amazing...Super stoked!!! Collectors edition, i'm there.

I doubt this will see a retail release. Most likely this will be an online download like all of PWO's games out there.
    "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
    edited October 2012
    I doubt this will see a retail release. Most likely this will be an online download like all of PWO's games out there.

I somewhat disagree on the "retail" release possibility. RaiderZ showed a commercial product option, but I do agree no brick and mortar release and all will be downloaded if ever done.

So we may have a free only downloaded client, or a package deal download bundle, but we can both agree it almost always will be non-physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vurtvurtvurtvurt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I somewhat disagree on the "retail" release possibility. RaiderZ showed a commercial product option, but I do agree no brick and mortar release and all will be downloaded if ever done.

So we may have a free only downloaded client, or a package deal download bundle, but we can both agree it almost always will be non-physical.

Initially yes, download only. I can see a physical release coming as part of a collectors pack in a year or so, bundled with a new module.
    edited October 2012
    vurtvurt wrote: »
    Initially yes, download only. I can see a physical release coming as part of a collectors pack in a year or so, bundled with a new module.

Heck, I'd probably buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012

There more than likely will be a limited off Digital collectors ed download, which will be cool as well.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited October 2012
    CRYPTIC STUDIOS LICENSES SIMPLYGON FOR D&D NEVERWINTER

Today announced a new licensing agreement with US game developer Cryptic Studios.

SIMPLYGON

"Simplygon helps us neatly solve several environment performance bottlenecks," said Craig Zinkievich, COO, Cryptic Studios. "Artists can build great art, and Simplygon allows their work to be assembled into a great experience for the player."

With the amount of models and content displayed on screen in the large and crowded areas that are commonplace when playing MMORPGs, using Level of Detail (LOD) reduces complexity of the data rendered which is crucial to speed up the game and provide a more pleasant experience for the players. Simplygon's sure-fire way of automatically providing developers with the data necessary with little or no manual work is an important key to creating an efficient 3D-content pipeline in game development.

more info about simplygon click here

This can only mean a better game result for all, nice Cryptic, not sparing any expense, you guys are bringing it home.