test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you doing while you wait?

bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
What are you doing while you wait for your invite (hopefully) to closed beta?

Me playing GW2 and I think I will get Rift's expansion and try out the beta this weekend on that.
Post edited by bitterwinter on

Comments

• plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Testing out:SMITE and Planetside 2

and playing a bit of Heroes III and some TF 2 and now started to play Rune:Halls of Valhalla again.

EDIT:Btw i think this is in the wrong section.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Absolutly nothing lol im just waiting for neverwinter :D
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was going to put it in an off topic forum however there isn't any so my options were limited to General Discussion
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Roleplaying" Neverwinter in the Art and Fiction section of the Neverwinter Forums
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Join the crowd Bitterwinter...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6381

ps: I decided to rename the art/fiction folder, "Off Topic", since Cryptic cant seem to find a web designer anywhere ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If someone knows how to move the thread feel free. Hmm would never have put it under Roleplaying its definitely an off topic thread
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have been doing some solo LARPing...LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

Just doing my part to Keep Austin Weird...
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Tinkering with Minecraft modding. Playing FTL and Rocksmith. Gotta finish KOTOR2 and start Baldur's Gate. Also catching up on episodes of Dexter and debating on whether or not to start Boardwalk Empire.
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm without giving a rundown of my life.

1) I GM a homebrew Pathfinder campaign once a week.
    2) Testing a bunch of games.
    3) Filling out job apps (Pretty much fresh outa high school)
    4) I am thinking about trying being a PC in Pathfinder Society (Ive only been a player one time and that was at PAX 2012 and I refuse to use that as an example of how it generally works.) If you have ever done anything like this how was it?
    5) I write a lot in my spare time/ read (Wheel of Time book 7 so far)
    6) I play Warhammer 40k every 2 weeks. (Fighting with my growing hatred of GW)

The big thing.

I watch enough Anime to make my eyes bleed.
    Currently watching
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Katanagatari
    (re-watching) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    (Showing several friends) Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion. Which by the way is the best show ever made and If you disagree I WILL FIGHT YOU.

Seriously I will hit you with the Stark Hadren Cannon the Radiant Wave Surger and the Super Electro-Magnetic Shrapnel Cannon all at the same time.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perfecting my branching dialog and trigger abilities on the STO foundry, using a program called freemind to plot out NPC's and their relationships and general story boarding of the campaign I'm working on.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kingxromee1kingxromee1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    im playing firefall and c9 and smite, lol im playing alot of other mmos right now also hawken. so far out of the group i would have to say the best is firefall and hawken but they are all awesomely fun.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    BF3, TLII and doing game of thrones s1 and s2 again on bluray
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    im playing firefall and c9 and smite, lol im playing alot of other mmos right now also hawken. so far out of the group i would have to say the best is firefall and hawken but they are all awesomely fun.

If you a fan of mech simulation games you should try the MechWarrior Online Beta. Its a lot slower pace than Hawken but I find it a ton more fun since it involves role warfare and teamwork to succeed.

Not to mention they are handing out keys right now all you have to do is make an account on the select websites. Hell if you want one I can even send you a key to enter if you don't want to sign up for one of the websites.
  • enygmasoulenygmasoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been on a nostalgia kick and replaying Baldur's Gate 2. Halfling Thief (Swasbuckler). Dual wielding longswords, which kind of looks silly on a character this size. Because why hide your rogue behind a front line warrior when they can BE a front line warrior :)
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • rekluze057rekluze057 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When I'm not working or running I've rediscovered Netflix. I had really used my account for anything in the last few months but the last couple weeks I've been running through episodes of Alphas, Doctor Who, Murdoch Mysteries & Legend of the Seeker with the free time during the week I would normally spend online.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Working on some classing D&D games, and trying to stay chill....

(Showing several friends) Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion. Which by the way is the best show ever made and If you disagree I WILL FIGHT YOU.

Seriously I will hit you with the Stark Hadren Cannon the Radiant Wave Surger and the Super Electro-Magnetic Shrapnel Cannon all at the same time.

Code Geass. Well, a very developed storyline and Lelouch of the Rebellion is an interesting...no, inspiring branch for that incarnation, but all a pale descendant of Macross/Robotech, maybe even an inspired descendant of Project A-KO!

(Scrambles to find modern links from his memories in the 80's...has to remember this era today and finds the links for explanation of old anime movies and shows for those who know not the classics of Anime reading this besides the poster and plier.)

Ahh, now honor demands you fight me? I understand.

DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(followed by skipping off jets and missiles back at you....

What in the world is going on there? This review will explain that world. )

Alll in good fun folks! All anime rocks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    *Twiddles Thumbs*

Sadly I can't say I am doing much more than that.
    edited October 2012
    *Twiddles Thumbs*

Sadly I can't say I am doing much more than that.

I know eh? I wish they'd start the beta already:)
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What are you doing while you wait for your invite (hopefully) to closed beta?
    I'm not holding my breath.
    Playing some Torchlight II, Xenonauts keeps crashing on loading battles so not much there right now, dabbling in the X-COM: Enemy Unknown demo (ugh) while waiting for the real thing, and I have pending one FTL: Faster Than Light game.

Started watching Warehouse 13 again.

And having some fun/despair while following Obsidian's new game and some of their forum users... @_@
    edited October 2012
    But you see Truthseeker you coming to face me doesn't matter at all hell I welcome it even after all we are friends, aren't we? Plus its worthy to note what a Magnificent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Lelouch is.On top of that he is probably one of the most human main characters I have seen in any Anime. Watching him descend down the path he set for himself nearly alone with his only weapons being lies and betrayal while trying to keep himself human is pretty much heartbreaking. God there is so much I can say about Code Geass and how much I am a Fanboiiiiiii for it.

I mean I pretty much show it to whoever I can get to watch it with me. Because of this I have seen it like 10 times. I should be ashamed but since its MOTHER FREAKING CODE GEASS seriously if you haven't watched this show you should. Especially since the entire series is on youtube by dubing company.

At least watch to episode Five, trust me its worth it.
  • tets123tets123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Playing SWTOR (despite what people may say i like the game!)...may go back to STO for a bit, running thru borderlands 2 with a group of friends and wishing i knew the release date for neverwinter so i could set the dials on my time machine!
  • kingxromee1kingxromee1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i actully am in that bate as well i like it its kool just a little to slow for me
  • rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited October 2012
    Dungeons of Dredmor, Torchlight II, FTL, Borderlands 2... Neverwinter is still months off, not holding my breat for it yet.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • enygmasoulenygmasoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enygmasoul wrote: »
    I've been on a nostalgia kick and replaying Baldur's Gate 2. Halfling Thief (Swasbuckler). Dual wielding longswords, which kind of looks silly on a character this size. Because why hide your rogue behind a front line warrior when they can BE a front line warrior :)

Bah, no love for the classics around here :)
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I play Champions Online and lead an RP guild there daily. Still my favorite MMO game so far, even in it's "unfinished" state.

I'm fiddling with Torchlight 2 here and there, waiting on the Mod tools to be released.

Also doing my third full play-through of Kingdom's of Amalur; Reckoning, which I feel was the best single player RPG released in the last decade. The game was misunderstood by most expecting "God of War + Skyrim". Instead it should be viewed as a spiritual successor to The Secret of Mana in the modern age, or perhaps what the Fable series should have been. It's really everything that Fable promised except for character aging.
  • slayogornslayogorn Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Playing a Slayer in the 4e campaign of the current campaign, while preparing my huge sea campaign Waves of Destiny :)
  • freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    School, really. And when I can Phantasy Star Online 2, ive got a little over 90 hours on 1 of my characters so far.

It's pretty fun IF you have people to play with, especially friends. It's a very social game.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The best show ever made is Count of Monte Cristo. In fact, CG kinda sucks. So fight me all you want, I will win, because:

"This hand of mine glows with incredible power! Its burning grip is telling me to defeat you!"

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120417233553/gundam/images/b/b2/Shining_Finger_Gundam.gif
    edited October 2012
    School, really. And when I can Phantasy Star Online 2, ive got a little over 90 hours on 1 of my characters so far.

It's pretty fun IF you have people to play with, especially friends. It's a very social game.

Not knowing what the items are kinda sucks but overall its a blast. Especially if you have enjoyed phantasy star online or Phantasy Star Universe.
    edited October 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    CG kinda sucks.

Disregarding obvious heresy, what part of Code Geass sucks?

The story is well presented and emotionally relevant.

The characters are all engaging (No one is in the show for no reason) and there are a **** ton. So much in fact that I doubt you can't find one character you like.

The art is good (though I could understand not liking the noodle people).

The audio for the English and Japanese dubs are both excellent.

Seriously there is fanboiiii seeping through in this but, Lelouch is SO FREAKING AWESOME. He is like the king of the Magnificent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I mean the man Magnificent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while owning other Magnificent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at being a Magnificent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Not to mention he makes mistakes, he loses fights and sometimes when all the odds are stacked against him he doesn't overcome the challenge and falls farther into **** creek. He also is one of the few anime protagonists that is actually the weakest of the group at combat so he has to use people to fight for him (and he still manages to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even though he is kind of a *****).

Not to mention the fan service isn't distracting but it helps visually.

Finally (well not really finally but I am done pointing out things that I like about it for now) it has an extremely strong ending, god damn is that rare for animes.

I can understand it being out of your general taste (Though since the show has a little of everything and manages to do that well its difficult) saying its sucks is really unwarranted unless you provide keen examples.

Not to mention it doesn't waste a second of the 50 23 min episodes.