test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Waiting patiently

Comments

• lonewolf0074lonewolf0074 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Looking forward to 2013 even more now!
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hope beta comes sometime early in the 4th quarter, pretty much just making stuff for my Pathfinder group since there isn't any games I feel like playing. Best of luck guys I really enjoyed the demo at PAX imo control wizard was the funnest that I played I can't wait to see the cleric though since I will probably be playing that for a while. Hopefully Bard or Monk or even Sorcerer will be available at all.
  • djchristdjchrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I preordered Torchlight 2 through Perfect World when they announced it and I got an email the other day that said I would have access to download Torchlight 2 and also get the beta key for Neverwinter on 9/20.
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe it's time to update the official "The Game"-section. There's no class-section and release is, according to the FAQ, still at 4th quarter 2012.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • arrlissarrliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited September 2012
    alsaroth wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to update the official "The Game"-section. There's no class-section and release is, according to the FAQ, still at 4th quarter 2012.

I ended up purchasing TL2 yesterday afternoon and I have my Neverwinter Key. Now the front page says DOWNLOAD, but of course it takes me to a waiting page with grayed out buttons to download the client.

Hopefully it will open up soon, I'm very excited to demo this game. In fact, I just paid $20 to demo the game frankly. I don't have much of a desire to play TL2 but I will try it out since I paid for it.
  • yoetrayoetra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    arrliss wrote: »
    I ended up purchasing TL2 yesterday afternoon and I have my Neverwinter Key. Now the front page says DOWNLOAD, but of course it takes me to a waiting page with grayed out buttons to download the client.

Hopefully it will open up soon, I'm very excited to demo this game. In fact, I just paid $20 to demo the game frankly. I don't have much of a desire to play TL2 but I will try it out since I paid for it.

Ditto - I wanted to beta test NWN so purchased Torchlight II (wasn't even much of a fan of the first one) and now I can't even play either because all the T2 links are broken or not responding and NWN beta doesn't exist.

A little annoyed on both fronts - to be honest.
  • ganakaganakaganakaganaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yoetra wrote: »
    Ditto - I wanted to beta test NWN so purchased Torchlight II (wasn't even much of a fan of the first one) and now I can't even play either because all the T2 links are broken or not responding and NWN beta doesn't exist.

A little annoyed on both fronts - to be honest.

I'm in same boat. Doubly annoyed with no new game to play.
  • subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dont know, but if they (where you buy it) says you get a code for NWN2 you should get one.. Otherwise they be lyars imo.
  • fyniousfynious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was able to download the TL2 demo, then I just used my key to upgrade the game. I did that this morning (9/23/2012)

Of course Neverwinter download button is not working as of yet.

Fynious
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    People, I have posted it before and I'll post it again:

If you bought the Torchlight II game preorder from PWE's link only, you got a closed beta key code sent to you. That promotion has ended with the release of the game. If you didn't get your key, contact their support.
    At the time of this posting, there is another closed beta key offer if you buy the Elite Founder's pack for RaiderZ's Closed Beta. While this offer is valid, more info is here.

But (for either at the time of this posting,) you do not have any guarantee when you get to play in said beta (at the time of this posting which has not started yet.) As I have also stated in some of my other posts, the download area links don't work until you ARE chosen to participate in Beta.

And this is Neverwinter the online MMORPG, not Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2. No promise was said or implied otherwise and anybody saying otherwise is misinformed.

If there are any questions as to what has been released about Beta so far, read the first section of my FAQ.

All this written, I hope to see many of you in the closed beta (if I am in it) when it will be released!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    People, I have posted it before and I'll post it again:

If you bought the Torchlight II game preorder from PWE's link only, you got a closed beta key code sent to you. That promotion has ended with the release of the game. If you didn't get your key, contact their support.
    At the time of this posting, there is another closed beta key offer if you buy the Elite Founder's pack for RaiderZ's Closed Beta. While this offer is valid, more info is here.

But (for either at the time of this posting,) you do not have any guarantee when you get to play in said beta (at the time of this posting which has not started yet.) As I have also stated in some of my other posts, the download area links don't work until you ARE chosen to participate in Beta.

And this is Neverwinter the online MMORPG, not Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2. No promise was said or implied otherwise and anybody saying otherwise is misinformed.

If there are any questions as to what has been released about Beta so far, read the first section of my FAQ.

All this written, I hope to see many of you in the closed beta (if I am in it) when it will be released!

With that said... Turn on my DOWNLOAD!

Just kiddin b:mischievous

kind of b:chuckle
  • hearticheartic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ikr been a lot of things being witten about this game but it seems like only a few ppl are getting to actually play it. This will end up in a unfair advantange to hew people. Guilds already built with I would guess rep.. people with high rep .. high lev taking advantage of the newcomers .. release the game or open beta
  • justyntimejustyntime Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am no expert..... but i think that everything from beta gets wiped and everyone starts on a level playing field when the game goes live.

Granted those who are in beta will have the experience and will have an advantage, but I do not think anyone in these forums is actually playing in a closed beta yet.

I could be wrong though.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    heartic wrote: »
    ikr been a lot of things being witten about this game but it seems like only a few ppl are getting to actually play it. This will end up in a unfair advantange to hew people. Guilds already built with I would guess rep.. people with high rep .. high lev taking advantage of the newcomers .. release the game or open beta

If anybody is playing beta, which is not the case as closed beta has not yet started (hence if anyone is playing, they would be playing alpha) they would be easily superceded when the game starts.
    Reason is simple, if they have time to play a "beta" of a bug-full build of a game, how can they compete with pro gamers who dedicate their lives to fps and strategy games all day playing 'professionally' - honing their click click mash skills? This would be even more so because of fps nature of this upcoming game - its not strategy but action-based combat game.

The people who have time to play beta would obviously be those who care about the game though, like maybe truthseeker. And they would be 'advantageous' because of completely different reasons - of their help and reputation on forums (and probably 101 guides and tutorials).

Plus earlybird forum participants are more likely to meet each other and say "hi! Lets play together!" because from all the fights, arguments and counter-arguments thrown between us - we feel like we have known each other for quite some time. :p
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012

Most games wipe the database between the various testing phases, ie. alpha to beta...beta to release. I don't think testers will be given an unfair advantage over other members. Having tested quite a few games, other than familiarity with game play features, I've never gained an advantage over others.

Continue to have patience, the game seems to be developing nicely and it won't be long until we can enjoy the fruits of labor that goes into developing a game. Have a terrific day!

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • memo6000memo6000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    Me being an older gamer I have seen more games than I can count that should have had more development time. Patience is usually rewarded. Belonging to a great guild that has been around for many years eases any thoughts of being taken advantage of as well. I agree with above posts that state the game is coming along nicely.
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    If anybody is playing beta, which is not the case as closed beta has not yet started (hence if anyone is playing, they would be playing alpha) they would be easily superceded when the game starts.
    Reason is simple, if they have time to play a "beta" of a bug-full build of a game, how can they compete with pro gamers who dedicate their lives to fps and strategy games all day playing 'professionally' - honing their click click mash skills? This would be even more so because of fps nature of this upcoming game - its not strategy but action-based combat game.

The people who have time to play beta would obviously be those who care about the game though, like maybe truthseeker. And they would be 'advantageous' because of completely different reasons - of their help and reputation on forums (and probably 101 guides and tutorials).

Plus earlybird forum participants are more likely to meet each other and say "hi! Lets play together!" because from all the fights, arguments and counter-arguments thrown between us - we feel like we have known each other for quite some time. :p

Beta has not started. No advantage exists for characters that do not exist in a not started open beta. But if there were a prior stage, it was made clear no advantage exists for testing vs polish. The users would be bug reporting and losing their characters often.

I can say from outside work I've done that is alpha/beta TESTING, that once feedback is done, and changes are made or features locked in, those prior builds are wiped before the retest or next stage starts. After all, if you change something in episode 2 and many people are in episode 3 (and could be limited in character slots at this testing stage) they won't experience it unless a character wipe is done. For instance, say that cleric build was being tested (the one we don't ever see,) and you want people to try changes to the heal or block feature from feedback in this class.
    By wiping and promoting the class, you encourage people to try it.

Having "easter eggs" in the class progression also helps.

And for us MMO players, we need all that beta time we will get to relearn how to do action combat in D&D with the reticle and real time defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    memo6000 wrote: »
    Me being an older gamer I have seen more games than I can count that should have had more development time. Patience is usually rewarded.

Yep, like Duke Nukem Forever.
  • memo6000memo6000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2012
    zoooper wrote: »
    Yep, like Duke Nukem Forever.

I played the original over serial cables between two computers... I don't think any amount of time would have helped make Forever a better game ;-)
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com
    edited September 2012
    I played the original over serial cables between two computers... I don't think any amount of time would have helped make Forever a better game ;-)

Wsn't it being "developed" (shelved) for ten years before released?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rustplayerrustplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited October 2012
    Me being an older gamer I have seen more games than I can count that should have had more development time. Patience is usually rewarded. Belonging to a great guild that has been around for many years eases any thoughts of being taken advantage of as well. I agree with above posts that state the game is coming along nicely.

I am 34 years young, but can only agree completely. Maybe my memories have become a bit nostalgic, but I am under the impression that nowadays half-developed games are more numerous than earlier. Which makes the delay of NWO all the more respectable.

The beta will start when it starts, and I'll get in when i get in. There is, however, one thing in my mind: GIEF Founder's Packs! b:laugh I wanna support this game's development with a mountain of coins! b:laugh
    edited October 2012
    rustplayer wrote: »
    I am 34 years young, but can only agree completely. Maybe my memories have become a bit nostalgic, but I am under the impression that nowadays half-developed games are more numerous than earlier. Which makes the delay of NWO all the more respectable.

The beta will start when it starts, and I'll get in when i get in. There is, however, one thing in my mind: GIEF Founder's Packs! b:laugh I wanna support this game's development with a mountain of coins! b:laugh

Trust me when I say Cryptic Devs are gathering feedback from testing recruits and are very serious about features and polish like they have mentioned. Never thought I'd write this, but thank their mistakes and Atari's mistakes in prior games for teaching them how to make a new game with fewer problems and better feedback!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paladinspiritpaladinspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yes i agree truth, their mistakes made before should make this a great game
    edited October 2012
    I hope this can be the "just one really good D&D game" I always wanted. Other games, even BG/NWN series have been "good for a D&D game" and not really good D&D games, not to mention blunders like daggerdale. Even DDO has been "good for a D&D MMO game". D&D is kind of king of all fantasy rulesets. It deserves a game which is benchmark for gaming industry. So a good D&D game should be the king of games out there, not just popular because of it being D&D.

This horse certainly has potential. I hope it is the one pulling D&D unlike many other horses who were 'carried by D&D' instead.

just my suppressed aggression coming out.
    GAAAHHHH!!!
    ok. Now I am fatigued.
  • jinxedoneoftwojinxedoneoftwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hope they come during 2012!
  • surfaceivsurfaceiv Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jelloshots wrote: »
    Would love to give this game a try. Send Beta Key asap please?

For the record, I'd like to hear the latest on how beta keys will be made available for those of us who weren't able to go to Pax or Gencon and who don't want to spen 19.99 just for a beta key.
    edited October 2012
    surfaceiv wrote: »
    For the record, I'd like to hear the latest on how beta keys will be made available for those of us who weren't able to go to Pax or Gencon and who don't want to spen 19.99 just for a beta key.

Read my FAQ first section. If it's been publicly discussed about Beta and confirmed, it's there. For the record, I'll repost the access info and archived listed quote link from Stormshade. It's still true.

What About Beta? What Stage is it in?

Update: 9/23/2012: The Game is currently in a Pre-Alpha Phase and Beta has not started yet, but could start the end of Fall 2012 according to the PRNewswire article.

How do I (and how did others) get/will get Beta Key Access?

Those who already received Closed Beta keys for their completing the demo at PAX East/E3 or other conventions as well as those who have gotten or will get future keys from signing up and pre-ordering Torchlight 2, RaiderZ, or lifetime subscription holders for Star Trek Online, Champions Online and other potential lifetime membership options offered by Cryptic and/or PWE (check with your community moderator for details) have received or will receive invitations to a Closed Beta stage, but an actual specific Beta start date is not guaranteed and may vary for different users.

Even when beta starts, an entered key does not guarantee immediate access and your stages may vary (even if two people got the exact same key from the exact same location.) Finally, just because one promotion sends out keys does not mean the other promotions will also be sending out keys. Again, see above for "your stages may vary."

Sometimes, a select few could be invited to stages outside the normal public testing, but such information is highly restricted.

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)

Can you explain that last part?

No. The only people who know details have signed Non Disclosure Agreements and cannot share their information here with me or you.

Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight/RaiderZ Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases. Just registering for this Neveriwnter site will give you a chance to receive a beta key if you participate!

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)

Alright folks,

I can see there's some concerns here, so let me try to assuage some fears...

Originally Posted by Saco123
    So in order for some guaranteed Beta access your forcing people to purchase PW products? What's next? $5, $10 dollar closed beta key sales? Have companies finally sinked this low that we're using shady methods to sell products?

No one said that. This is merely one way to get guaranteed access to the closed beta for Neverwinter.
    Originally Posted by Tsariol
    Is this offer exclusive to the Perfect World's store, or can I pre-order it from steam to get the same offer of access?

This particular offer is exclusive to pre-orders through PWE's web site, Steam purchases will not grant access to the beta.

I understand some of you are genuinely concerned, but this is really only one way to get into the Neverwinter Beta.

We'll have contests to give away keys as we move closer to the actual closed beta. There will be other giveaways through the press, fan sites, podcasts and more. People who came and saw us at PAX East received a flier which had a code for beta access, and there will be yet more ways to gain access to the closed beta that we haven't even thought up yet. On top of all that, everyone who opts in for the Neverwinter Newsletter will be entered into a pool of potential beta testers.

In short, if you're not interested in Torchlight II, you will have plenty of other opportunities to gain a closed beta key.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beatrixareforkidsbeatrixareforkids Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey wow, longtime lurker who kinda jumped ship when i heard that the game was going full MMO style. Just saw some of the new videos from Pax and my socks where officially blown off. I loved that the gameplay looked so fluid and the fact that 4th Edition roles were also presented like Control Wizard.

Then i saw the video for the foundry and started drooling. If the Neverwinter Nights community had something like that at their finger tips it would have been EPIC. (I still miss the PrC) I mean they went crazy with the one that was super confusing and required some scripting knowledge. I hope some of the old mainstays see this and are reinvigorated by the progress this game has made. I'm all in now.

My 3rd Edition Monk / Sorcerer / Enlightened Fist was prolly my favorite character ever & the only things i've played in 4th Edition are Swordmage & Fey Warlock so i will definitely have to learn some new classes but that's the fun of it.

What's this deal about Torchlight 2 and Beta keys for Neverwinter? Had no idea they were related by a parent company. I preordered Torchlight 2 on Steam if that counts at all and would love to get into the Neverwinter Beta.
    edited October 2012

What's this deal about Torchlight 2 and Beta keys for Neverwinter? Had no idea they were related by a parent company. I preordered Torchlight 2 on Steam if that counts at all and would love to get into the Neverwinter Beta.

Both cryptic and runic are subsidies of PWE. Pre-ordering from steam does not count. But that is not the only way to get key for beta. In fact close beta has not even started yet. And I don't think a particular date has been announced for it - but it can be anytime next month or this month i think.
  • surfaceivsurfaceiv Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight/RaiderZ Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases. Just registering for this Neveriwnter site will give you a chance to receive a beta key if you participate!

This is the key part here - I'd like to see some new information. Especially since the release of info about the Foundry there's more interest in the game but the majority of gamers have no way to get into the beta.

I don't know about you, but I find out frustrating that if you happen to go to PAX you get a beta key whether or not you're interested in this game or MMOs at all but if you're interested enough to find out about Neverwinger on your own, join the forum, participate in discussions here and elsewhere, try to get your guild interested & etc., your chance of a beta key is little to none.