test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

neverwinter music

salle123salle123 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I just want to say that from all i heard till now i dont like music that present this game.Neverwinter should have goth and dark type of themes/music and not some techno thing that present neverwinter on videos.I hope ingame soundtracks gonna be more like NWN games and not this that i predict now.NWN games have awesome sountracks that suit the game.If we listen some action sountracks wile playing game gonna be complete FAIL !.Even thought game have action combat stile Neverwinter is goth and dark game so dot ever forget that.
Post edited by salle123 on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No. Emo songs would be the way to go, not goth or dark. You see, drizz is the main influence in the region now And because drizz is a natural emo, NW should have emo themed background music. NWN didn't have drizz so they couldn't have used emo themed music.

Emo ftw!

(On a more serious note, the music seems ok to me - though even if it was not, the game wouldn't fail)
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Time for a cheap Oktoberfest plug. I say one of the taverns should play this:

http://youtu.be/lArB_F148W0

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Please for the love of god no goth or emo <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Jeremy Soul Yes
    Knut Avenstroup Haugen Yes
    Inon Zur Yes
    Hell even David Arkenstone or two steps from hell

But the music you hear on the trailers is not any of the in game tracks that I know of because Keven Manthei is doing or has already done the score so it should be in keeping with past Neverwinter games.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    It may be that the music in the current videos are not the actual game music. The music for many games in development is often filler. Time will tell.

Generally, I love game music and never soil my gaming experience by listening to all the music I normally do in life. So I hope for great music in NW, though I have no clue what kind of musical themes I want.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh and /not signed. Hell no to Goth or emo trash.

It's a Fantasy game, original music in the style of fantasy/D&D games of past. So basically hire a music act thats known for creating compositions for video games.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • salle123salle123 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    NWN have dark and goth sountrack people lol.....dark and goth sountrack are not heavy metal....every1 who play NWN know what type of songs this game needs.Game is called Neverwinter whatever if its Drizzd-whoever that is in game or not.Game story follows Neverwinter past so game should have gameplay,sountracks and everything what NWN had.This is Neverwinter nights online at first place,game was supposed to be Neverwinter Nights 3 before Perfect Wold shift it to MMO,every1 who played NWN games know how dark and goth those sountracks are and since this game is NWN online at most it should follow that game in development or NWN fans gonna be vary disappointed.
    edited September 2012
    salle123 wrote: »
    NWN have dark and goth sountrack people lol.....dark and goth sountrack are not heavy metal....every1 who play NWN know what type of songs this game needs.Game is called Neverwinter whatever if its Drizzd-whoever that is in game or not.Game story follows Neverwinter past so game should have gameplay,sountracks and everything what NWN had.This is Neverwinter nights online at first place,game was supposed to be Neverwinter Nights 3 before Perfect Wold shift it to MMO,every1 who played NWN games know how dark and goth those sountracks are and since this game is NWN online at most it should follow that game in development or NWN fans gonna be vary disappointed.

You have a very odd sense of musical structure. I have all the Neverwinter series soundtracks as well as the BG and IWD soundtracks...I have been a practicing musician since I was twelve (in my late forties now) The NWN soundtracks are about as goth as a Jeff Lynn album.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You have a very odd sense of musical structure. I have all the Neverwinter series soundtracks as well as the BG and IWD soundtracks...I have been a practicing musician since I was twelve (in my late forties now) The NWN soundtracks are about as goth as a Jeff Lynn album.

Who's that? Oh well that's what google is for. Jeff Lynne? Ahh, the Electric Light Orchestra, or ELO!

Yeah no My Chemical Romance sountracks folks. Look up Keven Manthei if there are questions on the NW music styles.

And with respect, Emo can't hold a candle to Punk. Punk hears Emo cry and will beat it senseless in the mosh pit, and Goth finally cracks a smile ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Who's that? Oh well that's what google is for. Jeff Lynne? Ahh, the Electric Light Orchestra, or ELO!

Yeah no My Chemical Romance sountracks folks. Look up Keven Manthei if there are questions on the NW music styles.

And with respect, Emo can't hold a candle to Punk. Punk hears Emo cry and will beat it senseless in the mosh pit, and Goth finally cracks a smile ;)

Yeah Keven Manthei I think will do a excellent job He did the soundtracks for Majesty, Wizardry Eight and Blizzard had even tapped him to do the Starcraft Ghost soundtrack. Plus he has done every Cryptic game soundtrack since City Of Villans.
  • adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would prefer Carl Orff's Carmina Burana to most the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> folks listen too these days.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I feel out of the loop!
    Am I the only one who doesn't really have a mental sound of what goth or dark music is?

Oh well...as long as it's an orchestra and matches the theme of the game I'm going to be a happy camper. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN (to a much more minor degree) and Skyrim has great soundtracks.

Goth music...*crinkles nose* I really can't say I've ever heard of any music being classified as goth. Perhaps it was just a poor choice of wording?
    May I ask what video had music you didn't care for salle123? If you think the music should sound similar to NWN 1 and 2 you have the right idea so let's see an example of what you didn't like about Neverwinter's music.
    Personally I have never seen any gameplay videos which the music seemed out of place unless I believed it wasn't actual game music.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh and /not signed. Hell no to Goth or emo trash.

Now that I have used southpark's strategy to defeat goths, I would like to say this topic was brought up before and my views and many more can be found here(though it was raised before that thread too but not as seperate threads but just the posts).

And let me requote:-
    ...I don't care a lot for composer but the music should be good and matching the theme of the game. For example, undead dungeons could have dark kind of music, while a quest with 'holy' kind of setting can have chants and stuff.
    edited September 2012
    U want to say that main soundtrack for "mask of the betrayer" is not dark?? ha.Whatever,i wont now discuss about your knowledge in music.All i say is they need NWN music in game,not some tehno-heavy metal thing that we can hear on Neverwinter videos.
  • plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Howabout some sort of music that represents the setting ?The Witcher 1,2 had good music that fitted their setting and enviorment.

There is this band Blind Guardian a power metal group which is their own genre than power metal if you ask me that will fit good for the setting.But since it is metal it wont fit good in a medieval fantasy game.BUT they are fans of sutch things like D&D,Lord of the Rings etc...and have made quite alot of good songs.So the guys at Cryptic should hear what these guys do and probably do something simmilar...but medieval ofcourse.
    edited September 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Howabout some sort of music that represents the setting ?The Witcher 1,2 had good music that fitted their setting and enviorment.

There is this band Blind Guardian a power metal group which is their own genre than power metal if you ask me that will fit good for the setting.But since it is metal it wont fit good in a medieval fantasy game.BUT they are fans of sutch things like D&D,Lord of the Rings etc...and have made quite alot of good songs.So the guys at Cryptic should hear what these guys do and probably do something simmilar...but medieval ofcourse.

Witcher have awesome music but not Wither 2.Witcher sountracks motive u to play game which is really awesome,thats why i want something that suits things game.
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Now is it possible that this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlDA4y7f22A&list=FLoN9oTZcudcOOaGu47DTl1w&index=4&feature=plpp_video

is not dark music?Doesnt this picture show us dark and goth ambient here along with sountrack....Im not gonna talk about music taste now but this is what Neverwinter online should have....and not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5A_-hxtSqs

Any1 heard something like that in NWN??Prove me that im wrong and give me link rofl.
    edited September 2012
    I am sorry how is this not good ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9qK79a8SQ
    Also hear how it begins that flute is awsome

this1 is good but all i say is that Witcher original have more soundtracks that are good : )
    edited September 2012
    this1 is good but all i say is that Witcher original have more soundtracks that are good : )
    Oh about that you might be right.
    Now is it possible that this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlDA4...ure=plpp_video

is not dark music?Doesnt this picture show us dark and goth ambient here along with sountrack....Im not gonna talk about music taste now but this is what Neverwinter online should have....and not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5A_-hxtSqs

Any1 heard something like that in NWN??Prove me that im wrong ad give me link rofl.

I woud like to see some old NWN I,II song in the game the nostalgia will be soul rendering.
    Also it will fit in good since bothe NWN games had great soundtracks or somthing similar will be great too.
    edited September 2012
    Oh about that you might be right.

I woud like to see some old NWN I,II song in the game the nostalgia will be soul rendering.
    Also it will fit in good since bothe NWN games had great soundtracks or somthing similar will be great too.

yeah same,i want NWN sountracks here not like those that we see on videos for neverwinter.This is dark game and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> songs like this doesnt suit the game.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    I want the soundtrack to be a collaboration between Iggy Pop, Danny Elfman and Ritchie Blackmore. K thnx bye.
    edited September 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    I want the soundtrack to be a collaboration between Iggy Pop, Danny Elfman and Ritchie Blackmore. K thnx bye.

good suggestions xD
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    http://twitter.com/search/?q=%23Neverwinter&src=hash

Kevin Manthei‏@kevinmanthei

"Heading up to @crypticstudios to see #Neverwinter in person and to get inspired for the score"

http://www.kmmproductions.com/news_CrypticMMOs.html
    edited October 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/search/?q=%23Neverwinter&src=hash

Kevin Manthei‏@kevinmanthei

"Heading up to @crypticstudios to see #Neverwinter in person and to get inspired for the score"

http://www.kmmproductions.com/news_CrypticMMOs.html

Wow.....he hasn't even started? Oh well maybe he is the Christie Golden of composers and can turn out awesome work in a short period of time...hehe yeah that the ticket b:shocked
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Wow.....he hasn't even started? Oh well maybe he is the Christie Golden of composers and can turn out awesome work in a short period of time...hehe yeah that the ticket b:shocked

This may actually be a good sign. If we take into account that in Movies and other Cinema, Music is one of the last things to get produced and placed into them. That is of course if the production timeline of video games are anything like the production timeline of other Cinema.

I see this as a sign that the beta phases may be drawing closer. :-)
    But keep in mind, its wild speculation, even I do not know when CBT will begin. :-(
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    This may actually be a good sign. If we take into account that in Movies and other Cinema, Music is one of the last things to get produced and placed into them. That is of course if the production timeline of video games are anything like the production timeline of other Cinema.

I see this as a sign that the beta phases may be drawing closer. :-)
    But keep in mind, its wild speculation, even I do not know when CBT will begin. :-(

Good point, I know he's more than capable; listening to some of the music he wrote for Gangs of New York, Vampire The Masquerade and Wizadry 8...

One of the huge disappointments in SWTOR was the lack of music and the recycling of really bad Ambient music in inappropriate areas, I get that is more a function of the sound engineer, but the guy who did that in TOR said he had to use what they gave him...Music can really set the tone so I think it's important I just don't want to see the equivalent of the Klingon Opera play over and over again like it did in STO. b:chuckle
  • liixanderliixander Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the music. One of the ways I can tell its good is that one of the themes is WAAY catchy. It just pops up in my head during the day, and repeats itself.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Jeremy Soul Yes
    Agree, kinda sad about the music currently in game, it's very bland maybe they'll get Jeremy to do the score for the release :)

Oh doh... I see this is a necro thread.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like music in game. I know that isnt something good like games of Ubisoft but PW/C dont have alot money to make good music like in ME3.
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I also like the in-game music, not as great as guildwars/2 but you can still here the STO and Champions music in some of the tracks :P and I found an old champions login screen music number in the foundry as well heh (generic dungeon 3 music for those who are interested)
    Castle Dunsmere