test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tentative free graphics

thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I am very excited about this game. so much so, that if any of you want a graphic made, aka a banner, or a signature pic, i will design one for you. I say tentative, cuz i am one man, with a lot of skills, to be sure, but still, im only one man. lol.. so if you need something, let me know on this thread, and till it gets more than i can handle, i shall make it for you.. if you want a specific idea, i might need pics to work with, etc.. otherwise i let my creative side run wild and when i am done channeling, that is what it is gonna look like. Needless to say, that if you want something extra specially yours, then im gonna need your ideas and materials if you want them used to design it.

I will upload them to photobucket, and provide a link under this topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
Post edited by thunderspanker on

Comments

• Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    hehe, I would not mind one, not got any pics, but lyfebane would be a deathknight. Though dealing with death decay and the undead, zombie pets:) he has honour and will generally only deal destruction on those that deserve it, and will help others if he thinks they need it or it helps his own purposes (being gaining more knowledge or items to help in that persuit).

Hope that helps? be creative:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm... I think this should have been started in Art and Fiction part. Well, once we have mods, they can probably move the whole thread there.

Though it is a shame that you just can't post the external picture here. Would have made this thread more convenient.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    sorry. lol. i am not an expert on forums.. i just sorta wing it.. :) and yea.. wait. i cant use links?. well that does add a dimension of difficulty. hmmmmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    i dont have a website as such.. i made a facebook page. Im old and skilled, but that end of the spectrum is better left to web people. i prefer to make it look good. That doesnt mean i wouldnt do it, though. But i really dont wanna go learn to code. When i think of code, it makes my brain hurt, and i run like Forest Gump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    lyfebane wrote: »
    hehe, I would not mind one, not got any pics, but lyfebane would be a deathknight. Though dealing with death decay and the undead, zombie pets:) he has honour and will generally only deal destruction on those that deserve it, and will help others if he thinks they need it or it helps his own purposes (being gaining more knowledge or items to help in that persuit).

I shall get something going on later today. Deathknight? lol. you mean a fighter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012

I whipped something up for ya, lyfebane.. but unsure how to deliver it. so leave me a message and we can figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I whipped something up for ya, lyfebane.. but unsure how to deliver it. so leave me a message and we can figure it out.

I suggest using Photobucket.com to upload your works and then just provide a direct link to the artwork here in your thread. That is what I used to do when I made signatures for myself and others in other games.

For example, here's a couple albums of some of my personal oldies:
    Album One
    Album Two
    Not much in this one, Album Three
    And then there are these, these, and these.

Just a small fraction that got uploaded.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanx!!! i shall do that. great idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012

your forum banner is here, Lyfebane:
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/8c1977bb.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    hehe cool, fighter? no meant deathknight. I am the bane of life after all:) Could i ask for a little change? put me in heavy plate armor possible with a big 2 hander sword (black and glowing poss>?) or axe?(i am a knight after all, all be it slightly corupted)? and glowing blue or green eye be nice?) apart from that its great:) Hope not sounding to pushy and if not possible np.

Some info about deathknights

"Those who take up the black sword of the Death Knights in the name of powerful evil gods are not all undead. They aren't even all evil, since sometimes evil gods simply curse warriors in order to screw with them. But a lot of them are evil and undead, and that gives the Death Knight his classic image."

I am more of a cursed one, but hey if you got it use it.

Not sure how accurrate this is but some info I found, and it mainly sounds right.

"Some warriors do indeed pursue the path of the Death Knight, seeking the power that comes with undeath. Others are not so lucky; should a goodly warrior draw the ire of an evil god, the god may indeed curse him with undeath. The unwilling Death Knight will then have to deal with their own unholy powers, which by their own existance may make the warrior lose standing with the goodly people he serves."

A Death Knight naturally makes a good antagonist for an adventure or even a campaign. But, unusually, one can also make a great tortured hero in the event of being an unwilling Death Knight. The DM might even ignore the Skill requirement and work with the player for this.

Playing a Death Knight
    Combat: A Death Knight can expect to be in melee, but his spell-like abilities gained from their Spheres add some versatility to his options. If one has the stomach for it, he can animate corpses and build himself a useful group of undead minions to have in combat. The Sphere of Fire also gives him the ability to, in a word, burninate, often with extreme prejudice. However, all of the spell-like abilities granted by their spheres are only useable once a day (unless the Death Knight takes a Fiend class and picks up the Spheres again).

Advancement: A Death Knight would do well to maintain their Good BAB progression. Since they now qualify to take Necromantic Feats, it would be useful for one to do so (because those minions sure are handy). They may also branch into a Fiendish class of some sort to also gain more Fiend abilities--particularly Spheres. Non-evil Death Knights will probably go into a martial class, possibly the same one they were before they became a Death Knight.

Death Knights in the World
    “ I am a reasoning undead. That is to say, my mind is a roiling mass of black envy and shrieking hatred. I would dearly love to be able to claim that violent, tearing carnage does not come naturally to me. Instead, I'm finding it hard to stop myself from dismembering your mortal coil and glorying in spilling the blood-warmth I will never again know as I send you screaming for mercy into the uncaring void. Don't make it harder. ”
    —Gaeran Losenger (also known as Lord Loss) undead human Death Knight.

Whether they are the ruthless generals of undead armies or afflicted heroes who strive to have the curse broken, Death Knights are, first and foremost, individuals. Death Knights as a whole have no formal organization, but it's possible for some to work together--particularly those who have military ambitions. Of course, the evil army-building Death Knights are the ones who get remembered, and the popular perception of a Death Knight is an evil warlord leading his undead hordes across the land.

NPC Reactions: Most people fear the undead. They fear those who can command them even moreso. That being said, it all comes down to the Death Knight himself. It is very possible for one to earn respect and tolerance if he's didn't seek his position and continually shows that he is, well, not a bad guy.

Death Knight Lore
    Characters with ranks in Knowledge (Religion) can research Death Knights to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.

Knowledge (Religion) DC Result
    11 Death Knights are warriors with powers over death. They can raise corpses and are naturally suited to lead groups of undead.
    16 Death knights gain more magic as they get stronger. Their powers seem to be over undeath and fire.
    21 Not all Death Knights are evil. Some are actually noble people who have run afoul of evil deities.
  • Options
    hazrothhazroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    Could I get a Control Wizard one just saying "Hazroth"?

I was thinking on the left side of the banner there would be the Control Wizard. He doesn't have to be dressed in anything fancy, just typical garb such as this. I'm picturing him casting a Ray of Frost across the banner to the right side. On the right side there can be a typical Orc, lets just say of the Many Arrows tribe, getting hit by the Ray of Frost and becoming frozen.

So all in all, I'm visualizing perhaps just the top half of these two characters on the left and right portions of the banner, with the Ray of Frost occupying the lower middle portion of the banner, with Hazroth in frozen letters occupying the upper middle portion of the banner.

I hope this wasn't too confusing! Let me know what you think.

I see the frozen orc looking similar to the bottom left picture in this. Although, instead of Heimdall it's an Orc and instead of a two handed sword it could just be a typical one handed axe or something, I'm not picky.

I looked up "frozen font" for inspiration and I found this. It's obviously not for public use, but I like the wild look it has as apposed to the other fonts which look like they took a knife and cut an ice cube. Just food for thought.

Feel free to use your imagination, I'll definitely give you credit under the banner.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    death knight isnt in the game.. sorry.. no can do there.. and to hazroth. one wizard coming up.. keep an eye out.. i dont work by time. i work by what looks good. That can take 5 minutes, or 5 hours. lol. one never knows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    The Death Knight is back in the Monstrous Manual for 4e.

Here's a link to an online source for information from long ago, when they first appeared in the Monstrous Manual supplements: http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00044.htm

They became a class somewhere in 3rd, I think 3.5. It looks as though they are back in the Monstrous Manual for 4th and not an official class anymore. The only 4e DK classes I can find are all Homebrew ones.

If you're familiar with Dragonlance or Ravenloft - Lord Soth was a Death Knight, probably the most famous of them all.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Man, you're tempting me to dust off my old version of Photoshop b:laugh
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lol. well yes, in that respect you are correct, however, i do not see any mention of this being in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    i simply wanted to help those that dont have the same skills to have something pretty that can represent them.. i in know way want to provide a service as such.. just a favor for friends i havent met yet.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    The Death Knight is back in the Monstrous Manual for 4e....

QFT.

(full form of QFT is he was faster than me in posting this... no really its the truth)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    any pics of deathknights i can find that are good enough quality to use are umm.. the wrong kind from that other game. lol. but i will keep an eye out.. i try to stay away from it looking too cartoony. i dont happen to have the books anymore.. but i can afford free. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    any pics of deathknights i can find that are good enough quality to use are umm.. the wrong kind from that other game. lol. but i will keep an eye out.. i try to stay away from it looking too cartoony. i dont happen to have the books anymore.. but i can afford free. lol

The one in the MM is not very good looking. I would say its better to steal a blackguard's photo and add a black smoke effect.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    heya Hazroth, Here is a link to the graphic.. :)
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/eaab9159.jpg
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/1fd4ad05.jpg

I had to take a few liberties, due to not being able to locate any images that i liked well enough to use as an orc.. im still working on a custom ice effect, so i will try to get to updating when i figure that out. I currently dont have any ice fonts, so i tried to pic one that felt right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Since there werent a lot of great dnd deathknight pics, i did what gillrmn suggested, and then sucked the color out of it so it would look like.. well like a lyfebane. lol.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/27ab6958.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    yes np, was just if possible, look great. Thanks.

Realize death knight not in this game, but the name used for forum was from my death knight char.
    Also could just look up a heavy armor warrior or paladin, then ermmm deathify them? Turn weapon black glowing green eyes , a miasma.Even just a helmet with glowing eyes:)

but what you done is great too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    just testing
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    wow! Those are some nice art! Must have been a lot of hardwork. I could never make a "cone of cold" that realistic.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not really hard. i just play with it till it starts doing what i want it to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    i see that i left a pixel line at the bottom,. if you have a program to crop that off, it will look better. otherwise i will do it in the lab
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    hazrothhazroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    heya Hazroth, Here is a link to the graphic.. :)
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/eaab9159.jpg
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/1fd4ad05.jpg

I had to take a few liberties, due to not being able to locate any images that i liked well enough to use as an orc.. im still working on a custom ice effect, so i will try to get to updating when i figure that out. I currently dont have any ice fonts, so i tried to pic one that felt right.

It looks great! I really appreciate it. I can't decide which font I like better, but I'm leaning toward the first one. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hehe yeah, I tried looking at in but it seem hard to do in Picaso:( or I am just not skilled at it. making one that is
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    the white line is not there now. here is the new one.. http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/Galstaffadventures/Neverwinter/44d55154.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited August 2012
    hope you do not mind, but i manage to make some slight modification to make it look more like a helm, with face visor up and well glowing eyes. Welll actually started with the eyes, then thought hey that looks like a helm I wonder....and it didn`t look too bad:) mind if you can do better feel free. But without your help I would not really have worked it out that well, so thanks.