test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lore of Ebon Downs

stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in News & Announcements
Read all about the lore of Ebon Downs, and the horrors that await you in our first lore post!

Link to the article
Post edited by stormshade on

Comments

• Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Grimhollow. Come to the idyllic village of Grimhollow, where the real estate is cheap because your neighbors are to die for.

See! Rivers of blood!

See! Plagues of locusts!

See! The Rolling Stones still on tour after all these years!

(Some irony not included)

This is why I love fantasy. You can't get away with names like that anyplace else :D
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nice to see consistent roll of information, written in a way to keep suspense alive and whetting the appetite too.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed Gill, this is certainly a great sign, and well done.
    aavarius wrote: »
    See! The Rolling Stones still on tour after all these years!

I see what you did there! That was good ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Keep it coming!

*Lord Zebular gives a grateful grin and nod*
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nice lore post, but again I would like to helpfully point out a typo as I did in the Monster of Ebon Downs thread, although nobody seemed to notice my help :-( , it has been corrected, so here's another I spotted.

"Kelemvor" is the correct name and spelling of the Realms' God of Death, not Kelevmor.

A simple Letter Juxtaposition error, I am prone to spot them now since I am mildly dyslexic and always on the lookout for my own such errors.

Game on.
  • Options
    dioxazinedioxazine Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for catching that! I'll ask Stormshade to edit it. We're all dyslexic over here.
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sounds a lot like the Barrow Downs. I can't wait to check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed Gill, this is certainly a great sign, and well done.

I see what you did there! That was good ;)

I'm just happy somebody caught it. My jokes are always funny to me, but often times fall flat on everybody else.

Otherwise, it's a good teaser and I'm excited for more from the art department and content folks.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    iamrune wrote: »
    Nice lore post, but again I would like to helpfully point out a typo as I did in the Monster of Ebon Downs thread, although nobody seemed to notice my help :-( , it has been corrected, so here's another I spotted.

"Kelemvor" is the correct name and spelling of the Realms' God of Death, not Kelevmor.

A simple Letter Juxtaposition error, I am prone to spot them now since I am mildly dyslexic and always on the lookout for my own such errors.

Game on.

I read it correctly! Sometimes dyslexia can be a good thing!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like the Barrow Downs. I can't wait to check it out.

Sure thing, happy to help.
    zebular wrote: »
    I read it correctly! Sometimes dyslexia can be a good thing!

Like I mentioned, my dyslexia is mild, and when I'm not tired I am very aware and on the lookout for these typos.
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Let the Lore begin brothers
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Typical low-level undead-infested area. They're like plot holes - every RPG has one b:laugh

Still, I'd say very well done atmosphere-wise, and quite fitting for the post-apocalyptic-ish setting. I also chuckled at how they made the sounds for the wights b:chuckle

P.S. Kelemvor is a chump. Myrkul ftw! :p