Comments

• Options
    drgersodrgerso Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Those were awesome news!!! Uhuhuhuhu!
    asioxrin wrote: »
    http://www.champions-online.com/node/595755
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891

Wooo~(probably need to move this to news rather than Neverwinter discussion)
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Great news! STO/CO lifer here. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I too am in a situation where I might theoretically get more than one key. I'd like a way to give my extra(s) away. It would have to be something random, though, so it was fair.
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey folks,

If you qualify to get a key for the CBT through multiple means, you still will only get one key.

Beta Access isn't transferable, so multiple keys would actually be somewhat redundant.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Hey folks,

If you qualify to get a key for the CBT through multiple means, you still will only get one key.

Beta Access isn't transferable, so multiple keys would actually be somewhat redundant.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Thanks Stormshade but what some of us were wondering was about the type of beta key and if one would grant access before the other.

Example say I have a Pax East beta key and a Lifetime beta key, some of us think that the PAX east key would grant you access first...or is that wrong and everyone will get in at the same time??
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Stormshade but what some of us were wondering was about the type of beta key and if one would grant access before the other.

Example say I have a Pax East beta key and a Lifetime beta key, some of us think that the PAX east key would grant you access first...or is that wrong and everyone will get in at the same time??

Everyone will be phased in throughout the Closed Beta Test.

So, what kind of key shouldn't matter so much, just as long as you have one.

Cheers,

Stormshade
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I'm not surprised. Still, the Christmas elf in me still wants to give one away. Maybe I should get that looked at.
  • Options
    pariahoyamapariahoyama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2012
    This is unacceptable! I want fifteen keys so I can cuddle with them and play dress up with them and teach them how to steal honey from bees...

...oh wait...that is what I want to do with the bearmoticons!

One key will be fine.
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...oh wait...that is what I want to do with the bearmoticons!

I have started on D&D based smileys which I plan to finish next week corresponding to all the bear-smileys. I hope they use something like that to make the site more in line with D&D.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I have started on D&D based smileys which I plan to finish next week corresponding to all the bear-smileys. I hope they use something like that to make the site more in line with D&D.

I like your emoticons. :) Well done.

I would love to see anything other than the bears.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Everyone will be phased in throughout the Closed Beta Test.

So, what kind of key shouldn't matter so much, just as long as you have one.

Cheers,

Stormshade

I'm wondering if I will ever find a key if I get one for having LTS for STO with having to check two different email addresses now of days for emails from Cryptic/PWE because of that account linking nonsense.
  • Options
    ravenmark#2240 ravenmark Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    WOOOOT! This was the post I was looking for.

Now...just.. wait....

*drums fingers*
    asioxrin wrote: »
    http://www.champions-online.com/node/595755
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891

Wooo~(probably need to move this to news rather than Neverwinter discussion)
  • Options
    cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited August 2012
    This is indeed good news. Now that I've gotten my account merger stuff straightened out, and having beta tested in both STO and CO I really look forward to the chance to test this game.

Some of the best memories I have are from the testing phases of games I've played and tested for.

Greg
  • Options
    tcabovetcabove Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    any eta when we might recive the keys? :)
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

That said, I promise you will gain access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks,

Stormshade

So I guess my question today is... how long is "a while"?
  • Options
    dancoppldancoppl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a STO lifetimer and just can't wait to test the game.
    All latest MMO releases didn't really live up to my expectations.
    SWTOR looked really nice, but just become boring, don't realy know why.
    In the Secret World elitist players are killing the game.

Currently I'm testing Planetside2 (and I'm not breaching NDA here :), but it is not real MMO, just a rich multiplayer FPS. Waiting also to fly War of Warplanes :) Tested also the Age of Conan, STO of course, ****, RIFT...

Until i get into the Neverwinter (which, I really hope gets me hooked) I get back to LOTRO :)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My friends and I had a horrible experience getting into the guaranteed closed beta to STO so i'm seriously hoping this time goes a lot better. I'm a little sad though that as some one pointed out, showing up at an event gives you access before being a long time fan does. I've had a lifetime to both games since they were in beta so it would be a huge deal if they looked at things like which applicants were lifers to what game, how long they've played, and how active they were on the forums instead of just tossing in random names all the way until the last weekend of closed beta. I'm honestly worried i'll end up getting in the very last week of beta again only to be stuck downloading the game for most of that time.
  • Options
    lordtriganlordtrigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm a lifer on both CO and STO and I've been lurking this site since it was just a simple banner page. I certainly hope I get a beta invite! :D Actually, I used to post too, but after awhile with no info to post about it seemed an effort in futility.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Remember, even if you get an invite (key) it does not mean you will be in the next active beta stage. SO even the con goers vs the lifers may have to wait longer even if they got their key "sooner"

I'm hoping our participation in the community will help the queue, but only time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arbitreauxarbitreaux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I guess my question today is... how long is "a while"?

That's the million dollar question. I would assume the answer (albeit cryptic... no pun intended...) would be when they feel confident the servers can take the load.
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

That said, I promise you will gain access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks,

Stormshade

This.

For those of you who may not know, they made this same promise to people who ponied up for LTS for CO to get into the STO CB.

A bunch of people didn't get in until the last CB event. Heck, people who won beta keys from contests didn't get into the CB for weeks after the fact.

As an STO preorder LTS'er, I'm not holding my breath, having experienced exactly this scenario from Cryptic once before.
  • Options
    templaridmtemplaridm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    they said they passed out beta keys at e3, does that mean there's a playable beta now?
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    templaridm wrote: »
    they said they passed out beta keys at e3, does that mean there's a playable beta now?

Kys. Not accounts. So no. Closed beta opens... Well it looks like probably somewhere before the end of the year. But it could be as late as Feb 2013. Assuming the go-live date doesn't move.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    Keys. Not accounts. So no. Closed beta opens... Well it looks like probably somewhere before the end of the year. But it could be as late as Feb 2013. Assuming the go-live date doesn't move.

Feb im not sure on, remember release in early 2013 so im guessing march release if all goes good, closed beta is anyones but lets hope soon

BUT IF I AM WRONG PLEASE DO NOT START BETA THIS WEEKEND OR NEXT, MY MOTHER IS IN TOWN/b:cry Interstate, i will need a week to recover after this,b:surrender plz take this into considerationb:laughb:chuckle
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh Feb seems unlikely to me. But still possible. Same for this month. If it was this month I'd expect after the 20th.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While few have actual keys to enter, this does not mean CB or any beta has started. Even when it does so, it will go in stages. When you are ready to begin your beta stage, you will get your key if not done so already.
    More questions like this are answered on my FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The thing that gets me though is the waiting. Both CO and STO didn't do very long beta's and when they games launched had a fair share of bugs. It just seems like it would be a good idea to get players into the CBT as soon as possible to help get the game running smoother. Place a bug reporter in game as well as a log off questionnaire to help weed out those that are just playing instead of testing and youd get relatively free help. Plus as i've stated in other posts, i'm worried about the horror story of beta invites my friend had for STO happening to me.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Thing is they are still in alpha. At this point they are still refining the cleric class and goodness knows what's going on with the fifth class.
    From what they've stated they don't want a bug ridden Beta so the game will be basically completed and simply need refining when it comes to the Beta test; whether it is ridden with bugs or not.

The game's not ready for beta...and so we wait. *sad face*
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Member Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Unfortunately, they can let you in for the last day of closed beta and still be fulfilling their "promise" of access.

Let's hope that's not their plan.
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they can let you in for the last day of closed beta and still be fulfilling their "promise" of access.

Let's hope that's not their plan.

They did it to some people who bought the LTS to CO to get into STO.